Born A Soldier (Reader X Hero...

By CandyThePuppy

Your father was a soldier: a brave man who fought in that legendary war against Herobrine. You always dreamed... More

request 👁️
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fourteen, Part 2
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Sunburnt Back
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
(Chat Corner)

Chapter Thirty-Three

176 9 7
By CandyThePuppy

SURPRISE, B####ES!!!

In celebration of 33k reads I shall finally write chapter 33. TvT 👍

This is where I have been. Casually writing over 250k words in another book.

Just did the math. Y'all have read 79k words so far in this book. 💀
Bro it's so weird going back and seeing my average word count per chapter was 1-2k words... Now, in my other books, it's a small chapter if it's less than 5k.
=============================

Chapter 33: "Blind Love"

...

Creeeee

     The door to your cell opened, a man with graying brown hair and a scarred, tanned physique entering.

     "G-general Steve." You sat up in bed suddenly, watching as he placed a veil of pale purple liquid on the table before you. Your eyes widened. "So you really do trust me??"

     "I...can't say we have much of a choice." Your right brow dipped. He continued to explain. "We are...losing.. currently."

     "WHAT!!?"

     "Yeahhh, now that Notch has been kicked from his throne, Herobrine has been relentlessly attacking our remaining outposts, nonstop, like he doesn't even sleep!! I.. Hhhh..." He stared down at his shoes, hand sliding off of the veil. "He's not going to stop until I'm dead; until all of us are."

     You sighed sadly along with him. "...The monsters themselves don't seem that bad. Maybe, I could try to start a coo to overthrow Herobrine?"

     "Eh.. It'll be more complicated than that." Rubbing the back of his head. "The monsters have always hated us. The only reason this war started, however, was because Herobrine gave them the courage to finally band together and fake our kind out for good. So..the only way to end the wars would be to kill off their champion." He tapped the file with his index finger while looking you in the eyes. "If you're right about this weakness of his, then you may just be our only chance left." You stared at the purple liquid intensely. Such heavy weights now placed on your shoulders. Crushing.

     You stood up and grabbed the vile. "Thank you. I.. I won't let you down, sir!" Standing at attention, you saluted the general. He, sporting a faint smile, saluted you back.

     "At ease.. soldier."

                "...at ease."

----------------------------------------

     You were woken suddenly by the sound of alarm bells ringing down the halls, consuming the halls with its eery call. Explosions. One after another. Thumping of boots charging past the door. Screams. Screams of men losing their lives.

     You jolted to your feet and threw on your boots. Your garbage was of typical prison attire. One large piece of orange clothing. You grabbed the veil on the table and shoved it into your boot, praying that no one would care to check those. By the time you were prepared to move, the metal door to your cell was thrown open. You braced, jumping into the corner to avoid injury. A zombie piglin brute squealed at the sight of you. You threw up your hands.

     "PLEASE! DON'T-!"

     "I found (Y/n)!" It called, spreading the word via both word and hive mind. He then stretched out his hand. "Was hoping it'd be a lot longer before I saw you again, girlie." It grinned sadly. You squinted, relieved that the beast both recognized and respected you. But, a job was a job, and it couldn't betray Herobrine either.

     Not long later, Herobrine thundered down the hall. He gripped the entry way and swung in, bright eyes wide and stirring with all kinds of emotions! He was absolutely covered in blood! "(Y/n)!!" A smile broke through. He tackled you in a hug, picking you up and kissing your neck. "I was so sure you were dead!" He laid his face on your shoulder, on the verge of tears. You hung there distraught.

     "Um... Hi." The immortal wheezed and sniffled a second.

     "I simply can't pretend I don't love you anymore. As soon as this war is over, we're getting married!"

...

     ರ⁠_⁠ರ  "Wait what?"

----------------------------------------

     As much as you wished it was the case, he wasn't lying. No, that b###### was serious about marrying you.

     After returning to the familiar, recently claimed Notch's castle, you were given an upgraded room fit for a queen and even two designated lady servants to take care of your every need. One was an ender woman and the other a small zombie named Chloe.

     This palace was far brighter than the Nether fortress, but it still held that same aura of dread. Herobrine was gone most of the time for obvious reasons. Unlike before when he threw you into battle, you were now seen as such a prized treasure that he couldn't even stand the thought of you engaging in combat anymore. You were his prized snuggle buddy, after all!.. Guhhh...

     Those voices in your head weren't very happy about this either.

     At least... At least no one ever cared to check that you weren't smuggling any type of poison around~

----------------------------------------

     You were carefully holding the vile of special poison over your bed, examining it for any cracks since you'd just dropped it by accident. Uninvited, Sandrah suddenly opened the door. "(Y/n)?" You dropped the vile at once and pinched the blanket to tuck over the thing, pale in the face as you made eye contact with the other woman.

     "Y-yes!?"

     She entered sadly, dragging her feet around. "Can I... Can I tell you something?"

     "First-" I terrifying her somewhat. You fidgeted with your hands for a moment, looking sorry too. "I just wanted to apologize for the whole Herobrine thing... I know you love him, and I tried not to grab his attention or anything-"

     "-Actually... That's what I'm here to apologize about." The woman rubbed the back of her neck as she neared. "I may be responsible for Herobrine's sudden obsession with you."

     "What!?!"

     Stepping back, "L-li-li-listen alright?" She held her hands up in front of herself, staring down. "Sooo..I maaay have peeped when you were training with Herobrine that one time...and witnessed his admission to not really liking me that much." You nearly gasped. "I thought surely he loves me! Must just need a little extra help. So I, um, decided to test him a little bit!." You leaned in. "I...um.. may have slid a potion into his drink one day at 303's place." That time you actually did gasp. "It was harmless, I swear!.. It's just supposed to ramp-up one's emotions and make them more clear to the person... Problem is..it doesn't stop. In fact, it just keeps getting stronger and stronger until they are consumed by them." Chuckling awkwardly, "My intention was to get him to admit that he loved me for real, then I'd offer him some milk and he'd go back to normal... But... Um... It..didn't exactly turn out that way..." She kicked at the carpet in your bedroom, hands holding one another before her.

     "...That is.....insanely manipulative."

     "I know!! I'm sorry!! All I wanted was a clear answer. I'm okay if he ends up with you!... As long as he is happy." A couple small tears appeared in her reddened eyes. She sniffled and wiped them away. "...That's all I really care about..."

     "..." Talk about dedication. Herobrine saved her from slavery, right?.. Guess it wasn't that hard to imagine why she could care about him so much. But, in a way, she was still a slave...just, this time it was someone else.

     "Um, what is that?" Sandrah pointed out the end of the silver vile poking out. You flicked it back under the blanket.

     "N-nothing!" But she wasn't satisfied. The woman jumped on your bed and grabbed the object. As you wrestled it out of her hands, the blond's eyes bulged.

     "THIS IS THE SERUM I TOLD YOU ABOUT, ISN'T IT!?" You managed it from her grasp, but the damage has already been done. "YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL HEROBRINE!"

     "Sandrah, please! This is not that it looks like!"

     "I WON'T LET YOU KILL HIM!"

     Mortified, the woman spun around to warn everyone of your treachery. Torn in two places, you were forced to think quickly. You ran to your bag and picked out your sword. Aiming it at her, you chuckled the blade at the woman's head!

Thump!

     Horror struck you as you realized what you had done. Her head was skewered by the diamond edge, lodged into the wall. Everything was quickly staining with her blood.

     You dropped to your knees, unable to tear your eyes from the sight.

...

     Well there goes your last connection to this side.

     May the rest all go up in flames.

.

.

.

==========================
Old comment: "Gosh I sure HOPE Sandrah and (Y/n) don't fight over Herobrine!"

Me, ages ago, with this scene planned out centuries ahead of time: 👀💧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 74 37
#1 in Poppies #200 in letters in Nov 19 #7 in distance #1 remembrance Jonas never really thought that writing a random address and postal code would...
73.5K 2.2K 23
Steve, an accomplished and adventure-seeking player, has lived his life too peacefully in his village as exciting news of the Nether update has him d...
19.2K 610 59
*CURRENTLY BEING EDITED - EDITED CHAPTERS HAVE THE NUMBER WRITTEN WITH NO NUMBERS* When Tony first met Grace, she had just climbed out of a cryogenic...
5.1K 166 13
Whenever you try to be gentle, I feel like my fragile heart is falling in love with you. Whenever I get angry you calm me down , I can feel your...