The Survivor (Dead Rising X O...

By MichaelJCantu

When the dead start to rise in the small town of Willamette, what sort of horrors will two people find? Follo... More

Ch.2: All hell breaks loose
Ch.3: Food Court Shootout
Ch.4: The Not so Good Doctor
Ch.5: Gun Store Shootout
Ch.6: A Crazy Clown
Ch.7: The Terrorist Returns
Ch.8: Medicine Run
Ch.9: Getting Some Answers
Ch.10: The Hatchet Man
Ch.11: The Last Resort
Ch.12: A Secret Hideout and A Butcher
Ch.13: Pachamama
Ch.14: Overtime
Ch.15: A Way Out
Ch.16: Escaping The Mall (Finale)

Ch.1: Welcome to Willamette

143 2 0
By MichaelJCantu

The sound of a helicopter can be heard as it flies over the hills surrounding Willamette.

In the helicopter, there are three individuals. The pilot, Ed DeLuca, a photojournalist, Frank West, and Jason Riley, who is acting as Frank's bodyguard.

The helicopter continues to make its way to its destination when Ed decides to talk to Frank.

Ed: Say, buddy...you mentioned something about research for a story.

Frank: That's right. I got a tip that something big's happening.

Ed: In a nowhere little town like that? They sure didn't mention anything about it on TV.

Jason: Well freelancers can't afford to make a living waiting for the TV to tell them what to cover.

This earns a chuckle from Ed.

As the helicopter continues to fly, they can see the town of Willamette in the distance.

Ed: Here she is! Hehehe, Willamette, Colorado. Population: 53,594. Distinguishing characteristic: jack shit! Hahahaha. About the only thing to do in this town is kill time at the shopping mall.

Jason: You don't say. Those 53,594 people must be bored out of their minds.

Frank looks out the side of the helicopter and notices that the army has set up a barricade at the bridge entering the town.

Both Ed and Jason notice it as well.

Ed: What was that? The Army?

Jason: No doubt. But, what are they doing here?

Frank: Hmm, looks like taking a helicopter was the way to go. I bet they've got all the roads blocked off by now.

Frank then moves over to Ed.

Frank: Alright listen. I wanna get shots of the whole town before the National Guard finishes roping it off. Take me over to the main street.

Ed then gives Frank a thumbs up and flies to the main street of town.

As they fly around town, Jason looks down and notices that the people are just walking around aimlessly. Almost like they're shambling. Ed calls out to something he sees.

Ed: Whoa! What is that, some kinda riot!?

Jason looks at what Ed sees, and sees a man standing on top of a car with a baseball bat. Jason looks closer and sees that it's almost like the man is fighting all the people surrounding him.

The man notices the helicopter and starts to signal for help, but in his distraction, one of the people pulls him off the car and they start to rip into him.

Ed: Is this what you came to take pictures of?

Frank: Sure is.

Jason looks ahead and sees a school bus surrounded by people.

Jason: No way! Check that out! Look at all those people! What the hell's happening here!?

Frank: I have no idea. But one thing's for sure... Whatever's going on down there. It's not business as usual in this town.

They continue to fly down the main street seeing people continue to kill each other. The helicopter slows down next to a gas station when suddenly, it explodes.

Ed: Whoa! Holy shit! Did you two see that!?

Jason/Frank: Yeah!

Jason looks and sees that people are still walking while on fire.

Jason: What the hell!? How are those people not dead!?

Frank: No idea. Something weird is definitely going on here.

Ed: I've gotta take her up for a sec.

Ed flies up higher, as to avoid the hazard of the explosion. Frank looks over at a warehouse roof and tells Ed to go to it.

Frank: Take us down! We have to check out that building!

Ed: Huh!? Where!?

Frank: Right below us!

The helicopter gets closer to the building Frank mentioned. When they get there, they see a woman running from a mob of people. The strange thing is, she had a gun and was shooting the people, but despite them being shot, they were still standing. The woman eventually runs out of ammo and throws her gun at one of them. She then turns around and starts pointing at the helicopter. One of the ones she shot grabs her and pushes her off the roof, falling to their death.

Jason: Damn!

Frank: I wanna see the center of town. Take me there.

Ed: Roger.

They fly to the center of town while Frank continues to take pictures of various things they see.

Eventually, they arrived at the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank and Jason look to see a large group of people at the Mall's entrance. Frank notices a helipad on the roof.

Frank: Hey! Can you get us on the rooftop of that mall?

Ed: You gotta be kidding me!?

Jason: Afraid not bud.

Ed: *sighs* Man, you're both crazy...

Frank opens up a case to check on its contents and closes it.

Jason: Alright, listen. Don't forget to come back for us.

Ed: As long as you and Fred ain't dead.

Frank: It's Frank. Frank West. Remember that name, cause the whole world's gonna know it in three days...when I get the scoop.

Suddenly, a black helicopter tries to intercept the three and Ed has to take evasive maneuvers to avoid the other helicopter.

This causes both Frank and Jason to brave themselves to avoid falling out. Frank looks over and tries to catch his case before it falls, but he misses. The case was about to fall out, but Jason managed to catch it.

Ed continues to avoid the helicopters chasing them, trying to find an opportunity to drop Frank and Jason off.

Frank: Get us back down to that rooftop!

Ed: I know I'm gonna get my butt chewed out for this one.

Ed then gets closer to the rooftop.

Ed: We're going down.

Then both Jason and Frank jump from the helicopter landing on the roof.

Jason/Frank: WOOHOO!

They both get up and see Ed flying off, being chased by the other helicopters.

???: Hello there.

The two turn around to see a man standing next to the doorway that goes into the mall.

???: You, with the camera. You're a reporter, aren't you?

Frank: Umm, yeah.

???: And you?

Jason: His bodyguard.

???: So, it's just the two of you?

Frank: Yeah, I'm freelance. I usually do these things alone, but something told me I might need some backup for this one.

Jason: So. Mind telling us what's going on around here?

???: You came by helicopter, didn't you? What did you two see from the sky?

The man then walks closer to the two.

Frank: Well...if it were just a riot. I doubt the military would quarantine the entire area. The moratorium on information getting out is a little...extreme, in my opinion.

Jason: And there's something I can put my finger on. Doesn't sound like civil disobedience. It's too quiet.

???: Hehehe, almost as if...everyone's already dead?

Frank: Yeah...so why don't you just tell us already. What's going on?

???: I think you'd better see for yourselves. This, my friends...is hell.

---------------------------------------------------

Alright, that's the end of the first chapter.

See y'all in the next one.

Bye-bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 133 45
Rose's a long time friend of CC coma finds herself calling him for some help. CC coma and Rose were nothing but friends and CC thought of her as his...
17.1K 501 9
A few years from not having communication with each other, Adelaide Walsh was asked by her older brother to visit King County to fix their relationsh...
1.4K 113 65
This story is Going to be have TWD,TWDG,And dead rising characters and Gabe starts to like Clem and he goes to ask her out but Carl comes along Who w...
40.9K 878 21
(Y/N) have a dream, she want to became a investigative reporter but to get the job she have to go to the Mount Massive Asylum to find the missing rep...