So Long, Therese I

By AngelaClaireJV

Just another mother x daughter. A comfort story as it is. TW: Mentions of Abuse, Self-harm, Sexual Assault Th... More

That Girl
Lavender And Pain
Attitude Problems
Trust
Welcome
A Nobody
Our Time
New Home
Past Unwinded
Fallen Angel
Mommy's Bug
Dread
Unanticipated
What A Mother Does?
Just Fine
Diamonds And Heartaches
You're Safe Bug
A Night Of Sorrow
Yearning
Promises, Promises.
The Bereavement
2
Pretty Coincidences
18th
Innuendos
AN

Unveiled

145 15 3
By AngelaClaireJV

Angelina pov
(Sorry this chapter is kinda short)

As we arrived, they had just commenced the questioning. Breathing heavily, we enter a hallway, every room that we passed had the most heinous serial killers, drug dealers, and rapists, including Christy.

As we reached our destination, I couldn't help but tremble. There were two rooms, the room where the people listened and the room where people talked.

A huge see-through window revealed Sam and the unbearable Martin Chavez. I gasped at the sight, there was blood on his damn clothes, and he looked more nervous than I had ever seen him.

Martin was never nervous, he stirred uncomfortably in his seat, eyes engulfed with dark circles, hair was nastier than it always looked, and he seemed frustrated.

He tilts his head noticing my arrival, a quick smile forming on his lips.

"I want the woman here. Right in front of me." Sam takes a glance at me at Martin's request.

"No, I can't risk that." He answers with hesitancy.

"Then I'm not talking." Martin sits back, crossing his arms, eyes not leaving the other guy.

"I'm coming in." Handing my purse to Anne, I tied my hair back, and just as I was about to take the door handle Jeffrey jumped in.

"Angie you know what he's capable of doing, it might be dangerous." Trying to convince me to enter I shrug it off.

"Thanks, honey but just be ready for any unpleasant circumstances, "I answer as I place a hand on his arm.

Suddenly I heard a faint 'oof' from Anne as she gave the two of us teasing stares. Scoffing as I slid inside, the tension in the atmosphere thickens.

Sam stands up to offer his seat and I accept politely, "Well? How long did your conscience take to turn yourself in?" I start.

"Long enough." He snickers, even if I was trembling he was worse, he tries to cover his hands under the table but I already noticed.

"So Martin Chavez, you have surrendered yourself and volunteered to give a statement on the case of Therese Jolie as her prime suspect. May all truth be said." The door opens and Anne hands Sam his own chair.

Placing the seat beside me, I crossed my legs and cleared my throat, I couldn't take my eyes off the blood that covered him.

No, it's nothing. It can't be.

"I'm here to confess everything, I give up. You won't rest till someone does so I'll be the bigger person." Martin says, he's already getting on my nerves and it had just begun.

"Tell us everything then, starting on the 24th of May 2007." Sam takes out his notepad and prepares to take down the needed details.

"First of all...." He exhales deeply, meeting my eyes in the most sympathetic way.

"First of all I want to apologize to Angie here, you might not be able to take the shit you're about to hear." He pauses abruptly, sucking my teeth I wanted to jump towards him and give this man a slap or two but that would certainly be risky.

"Today I've been snapped back to reality, too much drugs, too much alcohol. That's what they say right?" Martin proceeds, the sound of Sam's quick writing was battling inside me too, like little whirls of lines.

"Just get to it." Surprisingly raising my voice, Martin glares at me. "Where is she, Chavez? Where is my daughter?"

For a moment I think I saw his eyes widen, "She's not with you?" The idea randomly unveils inside me.

"Well, no, not anymore." The tables have turned, I was the one stirring uncomfortably in my seat.

"Where is Therese?" I ask one more time, my head slightly shaking, my heart pounds inside my chest, my breath getting uneasy, Clutching the seat handle, I can't help but feel the tears swell in my eyes.

"She's dead Jolie, all gone."

"Liar! Where is she?" I stand up with all my strength, I attempt to run towards him but Sam wraps his arms around me.

"Calm down, please." He whispers into my ear.

"No, it's not true. It isn't." I cry as my strength falters.

Martin stood up from his seat, a wide smirk on his face. "You would've enjoyed the show you know, her delicious screams of your name. 'Mommy, Mom, Help me!" He imitates with a small childish voice.

"She's gone Jolie and think of it as your fault, I threw her inside a barn, I can't lie but that little slut tasted better than you." He licks his lips disgustingly, my eyes leaving piercing stares as I try to process everything.

"I set that barn on fire and not a single trace of her is left, that's what you get for torturing my wife. You didn't have to kill her."

"Selene? I never touched her!" I say incredulously, never have I laid a finger on that woman, that woman who hated me so much.

"Never? Now tell me why she's dead. Tell me how you enjoyed a glorious dinner while your men tortured her till she ran out of breath. Right? Sam? Jake?"  Looking over at Sam suddenly I realize the arrival of Jake.

"Is this true?" I breathed, Sam nodded slowly, and forcefully and pushed him away. "Don't touch me, not any one of you, men."

"Chavez, where is my daughter?" I don't want to believe any of his words but at the same time, it hurts to think my Therese... might be dead.

Reaching out for his pockets, Martin threw a price of paper and jewelry to the floor. Sam bends over to pick it up, handing the objects to me, I gasp.

The exact necklace I gave Therese. The piece of diamond remains persistent, unscathed, and still shines as light reflects upon it.

Unraveling the contents of the paper, my tears fell, a poem. With her messy handwriting, my heart ached as I realized the poem was about me.

My only dearest,

Before my body drifts to sleep,
I

'd stare at my ceiling and silently weep.

My mind lingers here and there,

For someone so delicate, I'd be devoted enough to care.

Eyes that unravel the windows to my soul,
S

mile that ever so be the one that makes me whole.

Charisma that's unintentionally fierce and deceiving.

Voice that's enchanting shall forever sought solace to my being.

With her presence, my mind constantly ceases,
T

he thought of her mighty heart beating, my very own with gratitude it pleases.

Heart that's golden and tremendous,

And soul that's effortlessly genuine and audacious.

Her soft touches, I melt unintentionally.

Should I kneel and apologize for fleeing? regretfully.

Surely she has something to confess,
Always she leaves me impressed, how hypothetically she's just another gorgeous mess.

The bereavement, her greatest despair,
A hodgepodge of maternal love and vengeance, to venture I tell you not dare.

Her unwavering devotion, forever to me be the greatest,

Knowingly living, she'll always be my only dearest.

"My baby..." I mumble, I don't care if anyone else was here to witness me falter.

My daughter is dead.

After a decade of fighting for my little bug, it has come to an end. No more hoping for her to come back, no more little hugs, she's dead.

Her sufferings have ended, in the most unfortunate way possible. I'll no longer be able to hear her voice or lay soft little kisses on her cheeks. No more of it.

Crying softly as I pressed the necklace and the paper to my chest, I could hear the click of handcuffs as Martin was escorted out of the room.

"Therese, bug. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, I tried. I really did." I whisper through nothingness, I want to scream, scream until I lose my voice.

I could lose everything but just never my children, let them have it all, just not my babies.

Taking a seat as I laid my head on the table, my eyes wander to the clock.

9:18, always 9:18.

The unfortunate numbers for me.

"Angie? I can drive you home so you can rest. It's all over." Anne opened the door and took a few steps towards me.

"He raped her and let her body turn into dust for something I have no knowledge of." I felt her hand caress my back as I said it.

"I'm so sorry about Therese, the kid doesn't deserve any of it. Maybe, maybe in another life, you'll get to be with each other longer." Anne bends down to face me, her eyes also red, Therese wasn't just my loss too.

"I'm sure she's in a happy place now, let her poor soul rest."

"She promised to keep herself alive for me." Anne stood up her hands wide open, exactly what I really needed.

I fall into her arms, my loud sobs get muffled through her chest, tears unbearably fall, and my heart shatters into a million pieces.

May you rest in peace my little bug.

Mommy will always look forward to when I'll ever get to be with you again, not now but someday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.7K 2.9K 33
Dumped in an orphanage by her teenage slut mother, adopted at age four and abused with the only sense of safety being at her friend Mary's house unti...
370 14 23
Heavy focus on family relationships. OC is intersex and nonbinary. ⚠️TW: trauma reactions to physical abuse and emotional neglect I started on this...
46.4K 1.5K 12
"I had all and then most of you, some and then none of you" 🎶 ⚠ Read wanted for pleasure first to understand this book ⚠ Angelina is 23. Y/n is 22 a...
5M 159K 36
***MATURE CONTENT *** ***Rated R*** *****WARNING ******* CONTAINS: Lots of music, humor, sexy guys......SEX......sarcasm, swearing, and twis...