Elizabeth Kane and the Prison...

Autorstwa Braveclementine2

Third book of the Elizabeth Kane series. So, fighting off Voldemort to save a magical stone. Easy. Killing... Więcej

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 17

72 3 2
Autorstwa Braveclementine2

PLEASE VOTE! IT HELPS ME OUT AND IT'S FREE :)

💙💙💙

𝕴 𝖜𝖔𝖐𝖊 𝖚𝖕 with a headache.

Madam Pomfrey kept me longer than Harry, Hermione, and Ron. They left the infirmary an hour earlier than me. Both Hermione and Harry had asked me if I wanted them to stay with me but I just shook my head, looking blankly out the window, trying to find out if dad had returned to the castle already or not.

As she finally let me go she said, "Professor Lupin is a good man, Elizabeth. I'm sure Dumbledore will have it worked out so that you can stay with him."

I nodded dully. I headed to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Harry had already entered inside and I crept up the stairs to hear what they were saying.

". . .not leaving because of that?" Harry was asking.

"This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving from parents. . . They will not want a werewolf teaching their children, Harry. And after last night, I see their point. I could have bitten any of you. . . my daughter was standing right there in front of me. . . That must never happen again." Dad was saying, his voice cracked slightly talking about me.

Harry asked, "Did Fudge. . . Is Fudge. . . are you and Elizabeth. . ." He didn't seem to be able to get the words out.

"Dumbledore persuaded Fudge not to separate the two of us. I want to tell Elizabeth myself but I haven't seen her yet." Dad sounded a little hurt.

"Madam Pomfrey kept her longer than us. I think she's hiding in the forest." Harry said. "She goes there a lot, especially when she's upset. She probably thinks if she stays in there, she'll never know the outcome. She was. . . well she was really upset last night. She cried herself to sleep."

Dad inhaled a lot of air. "I'll go drag her out of the forest." He said softly.

I scampered down the stairs and fled the room and made my way out to the forest. I wandered through the forest, looking for Firenze. I had barely talked to him this year. Of course, he was busy, I knew that.

A few moments later, there were footsteps and I looked up and saw dad there. His hands were empty- I supposed he'd left his stuff in the carriage that would take him home.

I eyed him warily. He made no move toward me. He whispered, "Are you scared of me?"

I shook my head, tears coming to my eyes. "Dad. . . Fudge. . . he- he- he" I couldn't get the words out. I stumbled forward and laid my head on Dad's chest.

"It's alright." Dad said, smoothing my back in gentle circles. His arms felt strong and safe. He smelled fresh, like the pine needles and leaves of the forest. And wind, he especially smelled of the crisp wind. "Dumbledore convinced him that we should stay together. Nothing is changing, okay?"

I nodded and then said, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you that you would resign. I was hoping something would change when nothing did."

"It's quite alright." Dad said, smoothing my hair down. "I'll see you at home, alright?"

"You're leaving already?" I asked, looking up but not letting go.

"I don't want to stay, to be completely honest." Dad said. "But don't worry about anything for these last few days, okay?"

I nodded reluctantly. Dad kissed my forehead. "Want to walk back to the carriage with me?"

I nodded and took his hand and we walked back to the carriage, hand in hand.

💙💙💙

𝕸𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖉 into Malfoy's face. I ducked Crabbe's incoming fist and then kicked out. All our wands were lying on the floor, forgotten.

I barely remembered how this fight had started. Malfoy was furious that Buckbeak had escaped. He also kept having snide comments about my father and werewolves in general. I ignored them most of the time but today was just too much.

We'd gotten into a number of brawls over the past week. A majority of them, Draco had started, but I'd started one or two after he would say something about dad.

The Professors had started keeping an eye out for us after the three of them had ended up in the hospital wing after I'd done some quick spell work and walked away. After that, their tactic was to get my wand out of my hand.

"You three knock it off!" Professor McGonagall's voice rang out as Goyle tossed me over his shoulder and I was slammed to the floor. My breath went out, my head ringing. "Forty points from Slytherin!"

The other three snatched up their wands and raced off, shooting me nasty looks. Professor McGonagall marched over to where I was sitting up, groaning. "Are you alright Miss Kane?" She asked, bending down and picking up my wand.

"Just sore." I said cheerfully.

"You're in a good mood." She said suspiciously as she handed me my wand.

"I can't be unhappy. Fudge finally dropped his suspicions against Dad so I will get to stay for him forever." I said, wiping dust off my robes. I twisted my back, which was still sore from the landing and winced.

Professor McGonagall's expression softened. "I'm glad Miss Kane. He's a good man."

I nodded, eyes bright. "He's the best dad ever!"

"I came to find you because Professor Snape wanted to talk to you."

The smile dropped off my face. "Oh bloody hell." I muttered. I sighed and then, after thanking Professor McGonagall for her help, I made my down to the dungeons. I knocked on Professor Snape's door and his voice rang from inside, "Enter!"

I entered hesitantly, fear knotting itself in my stomach. What could he possibly want? I closed the door behind me.

"Ah Miss Kane." Professor Snape said, "Good, come here."

I trailed up to where he was standing. He eyed me for a second and then gave me a box. "Er- what's this?" I asked, taking it.

I opened it and inside was a brass necklace. It looked familiar. I put the box down on the desk and pulled out the necklace. It was the necklace that I had given dad for Christmas one year. I opened up the locket. Inside was the picture I'd put in there and the lockets of red-brown hair.

I looked up at Snape confused and shocked, "W-where'd you get this?"

"I er- went out some mornings ago and searched the grass for something." Snape said, not looking at me. "I found this and kept it. I figured that if er- Fudge decided to separate you and your dad, you could keep this."

I swallowed hard and then, without thinking, I threw my arms around him and hugged him. I had caught him by surprise because he stumbled and then, he carefully put his arms around me as well.

"Thank you." I said, wiping away one tear as I pulled away. "We- we get to stay together, luckily. Dumbledore managed to convince Fudge. . . I'm so thankful that we get to stay together. I know that you hate him. . . but he's my dad. . . ya know? And-"

"You don't have to explain why you love him Elizabeth." Professor Snape said gently. "He's your dad and no matter what anyone else thinks, it shouldn't matter or affect your feelings."

"Is that your way of saying I should stop engaging in those fights?" I asked, a bit amused.

Snape's fingers brushed my cheek where a large yellow bruise sat on my cheekbone. "Perhaps." He said softly.

"I'll try." I said and then added, "But I will defend myself if they attack first."

"I wouldn't expect any less." Snape said, his lips twitching upwards.

I turned, clutching the locket to my chest, and got ready to leave when he said, "Elizabeth?"

I turned back to him and he said, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked, frowning. I could still feel where his fingers had brushed my cheekbone.

"For what I said days ago. . .I would never. . .I would never have actually handed Lupin over to the dementors. I was. . .angry and I lost control of myself. I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean any of it. I was. . .pathethic."

I found myself approaching him again, wrapping my arms around him one more time and he squeezed me back tightly.

"I forgive you. It was a stressful night for all of us."

"It doesn't make it right." He whispered. His fingers touched the bruise again. "I hurt you horribly, something I never wanted to do."

"But it's okay." I say, pulling back just slightly. I wanted to touch his hair but refrained from doing so, keeping my hands behind his back. "Because I forgive you. I know you wouldn't have done it."

We stand there a moment longer, both my hands behind his back. One of his hands on my cheek, the other brushing my hair back. And then, I stepped backwards and without any more words between the two of us, I left the room without looking back.

💙💙💙

𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖞, 𝕳𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖊, 𝕽𝖔𝖓, and I weren't the only ones who were upset to see Professor Lupin resign. A majority of the Ravenclaws were trying to start up a sort of petition to bring dad back. The Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs could be heard complaining in the halls and common rooms.

Dean Thomas hoped that maybe we'd get a vampire next year.

Our exam results came out on the last day of term. I'd passed all my classes with O's. Even Astronomy, though the grade wasn't as high as the others. But I'd only achieved the Astronomy O because of Firenze. These were the results:

Arithmancy: 248%
Astronomy: 93%
Care of Magical Creatures: 100%
Charms: 208%
Defense Against the Dark Arts: 198%
Divination: 300%
Herbology: 107%
History of Magic: 205%
Magical Theory 245%
Muggle Studies: 320%
Potions: 278%
Study of Ancient Runes: 352%
Transfiguration: 102%

Wild grades, I know. If they were all simple grades out of 100 points, all but Astronomy were 100%'s. . .with extra credit. Ancient Runes was a 98%. Astronomy was a 95 out of 100 points in Muggle terms. I think I might've preferred muggle grades. . . magical ones were to complex.

I went to Professor McGonagall after I received my grades, report card still in my hands.

"Yes, Miss Kane?" She asked when I entered the room.

"I want to drop Muggle Studies and Arithmancy." I said. "I know that means I'll still need the time-turner because I'll be two classes over but I did want to drop Muggle Studies and Arithmancy. I liked the classes, but I don't think I want to do another year like this last one."

I would still have Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, Magical Theory, and Ancient Runes.

Professor McGonagall nodded. "Very well, I'll make sure your schedule reflects that."

I pulled the time-turner out of my pocket. "Will you keep it over the summer?"

Professor McGonagall held out her hand and took it from me. "Of course Miss Kane."

"Thank you." I said, turned, and left.

💙💙💙

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖊 emptied, all my books were packed in my trunk, and I was boarding the Hogwarts Express so that I could go home and see dad.

I sat with Ron, Harry, and Hermione in a compartment and as the train pulled out of the station, Hermione said, "I went to see Professor McGonagall this morning, just before breakfast. I've decided to drop Muggle Studies."

"But you passed your exam with three hundred and twenty percent!" Ron exclaimed.

"I know. But I can't stand another year like this one. That Time-Turner, it was driving me mad. I've handed it in. Without Muggle Studies and Divination, I'll be able to have a normal schedule again." Hermione said with a sigh. She'd never taken Magical Theory.

"I dropped Muggle Studies and Arithmancy." I said. "But because I'm keeping Ancient Runes, Divination, Magical Theory, and Care of Magical Creatures, I'll still need the Time-Tuner."

Hermione shook her head. "You should've dropped Divination."

I shrugged, "It's helping me broaden my range for visions."

"I still can't believe you guys didn't tell us about it." Ron said grumpily. "We're supposed to be your friends."

"We promised we wouldn't tell anyone." Hermione said.

I glanced over at Harry who was looking out the window. I had my book It in my lap. I was re-reading it again- on Richie's point of view, talking about going to Neibolt Street with Stuttering Bill to see if Eddie was right about seeing one of the monsters there.

"Oh, cheer up, Harry." Hermione said sadly.

"I'm okay." Harry said quickly. "Just thinking about the holidays."

"Yeah, I've been thinking about them too. Harry you've got to come and stay with us. I'll fix it up with Mum and Dad, then I'll call you. I know how to use a fellytone now-"

I giggled.

"A telephone, Ron, honestly you should take Muggle Studies next year." Hermione said, highly amused.

"It's the Quidditch World Cup this summer! How about it, Harry? Come and stay, and we'll go and see it! Dad can usually get tickets from work!" Ron said, ignoring Hermione.

"Yeah. . . I bet the Dursleys'd be pleased to let me come. . . especially after what I did to Aunt Marge. . ." Harry said cheerfully.

"They'll let you go." I solidified. "Also, Sirius is going to send an owl and we'll receive it sometime after lunch hour."

"Thanks Elizabeth." Harry said with a grin, "I suppose you're more reliable than the news, aren't you?"

I grinned back. "Also Ron, your dad will get enough tickets for himself, Fred, George, Percy, Charlie, Bill, Ginny, you, Hermione, and Harry. I don't know if he gets more tickets than that but if not, let me know what the seats are so I can buy two tickets right next to you okay?"

"Sure." Ron said, his mouth dropping. "Why two? Is your dad going to come?"

"I don't know." I said, frowning. "I'm not sure why I said two but I'm sure it means something so keep that in mind if your dad does get more than those number of tickets."

"Sure." Ron said again.

After that, we played exploding snap. When the trolley witch came, I bought hot chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, a bar of Honeydukes chocolate, and vanilla cake with vanilla icing.

Harry laughed, "You got all chocolate things- minus the cake."

I nodded, "Reminds me of dad."

"You get to stay with him, don't you?" Hermione asked, alarmed.

I nodded. "Fudge dropped the case. Actually. . ." I hesitated, "I think Dumbledore might've er- put a spell on him to convince him. . .I don't know."

They all looked at me in surprise.

Then I asked with a growing smile, "Do you know who Fudge said he was going to put me up with if Dad and I were separated?"

They shook their heads, looking interested and I burst into giggles, "The Malfoys!"

"What!" They all exclaimed in various degrees of shock. I laughed harder.

"Yeah. Apparently Lucius Malfoy said he would take me in." I laughed harder.

Hermione and Ron still seemed in shock, but Harry was grinning too. "I suppose that would be why Dumbledore didn't let you leave your dad?"

I nodded, grinning. "Which I'm very thankful for, of course." It had actually quite frightened me, hearing Fudge tell me I was going to go live with Lucius Malfoy. And it had been hard, listening to Fudge praise Lucius Malfoy for being so kind as to take me in. I could only imagine that Dumbledore erased his memory or had done something because Dumbledore knew I couldn't go and stay with the Malfoys. I'd probably be killed over the summer or something.

"Harry!" Hermione pointed out the window. "There's an owl outside your window!"

"Oh yeah, that's from Sirius." I said, smiling.

Harry quickly opened the window and pulled the tiny owl into the train car. The owl dropped the letter into Harry's lap and zoomed around the compartment. Hedwig clicked her beak anxiously and Sadie hooted what sounded like what might've been a laugh. Crookshanks sat up in his seat, following the owl with his big yellow eyes. Ron quickly snatched the owl out of the air.

"Read it aloud!" I said excitedly.

Dear Harry,
I hope this finds you before you reach your aunt and uncle. I don't know whether they're used to owl post.
Buckbeak and I are in hiding. I won't tell you where, in case this owl falls into the wrong hands. I have some doubt about his reliability, but he is the best I could find, and he did seem eager for the job.
I believe the dementors are still searching for me, but they haven't a hope of finding me here. I am planning to allow some Muggles to glimpse me soon, a long way from Hogwarts, so that the security on the castle will be lifted.
There is something I never got around to telling you during our brief meeting. It was I who sent you the Firebolt-

Here, Hermione interrupted with a triumphant, "Ha! See! I told you it was from him!"

"Yes, but he hadn't jinxed it, had he?" Ron asked, "ouch!" he exclaimed as the Owl nibbled his fingers in an affectionate way.

Crookshanks took the order to the Owl Office for me. I used your name but told them to take the gold from my own Gringotts vault. Please consider it as thirteen birthdays' worth of presents from your godfather. If Eilís is there, tell her I'll get her something soon too.
I would also like to apologize for the fright I think I gave you that night last year when you left your uncle's house. I had only hoped to get a glimpse of you before starting my journey north, but I think the sight of me alarmed you.
I am enclosing something else for you, which I think will make your next year at Hogwarts more enjoyable. If ever you need me, send word. Your owl will find me.
I'll write again soon.
Sirius
.

I grinned though I hoped that he didn't get me something super expensive. Harry looked in the envelop and pulled out a slip.

"That'll be good enough for Dumbledore!" Harry said happily. He showed us that it was a permission slip for Hogsmeade.

"Read the rest!" I said eagerly.

"P.S. I thought your friend Ron might like to keep this owl, as it's my fault he no longer has a rat." Harry read. We all looked at Ron.

His eyes widened and the tiny owl hooted excitedly. "Keep him?" He asked uncertainly. He looked closely at the owl and then, to Harry and Hermione's astonishment, he held him out for Crookshanks to sniff. "What d'you reckon? Definitely an owl?"

Crookshanks simply purred.

"That's good enough for me." Ron said happily. "He's mine."

Harry kept reading Sirius' letter over and over and we let him, playing exploding snap between the three of us. When the train stopped, I held Harry back for a second, my heart pounding. "So, Harry." I said quickly. "Since Sirius is both our godfather. . . do you want that to make us sister and brother?"

Harry stared at me for a second and then his grin got even wider and he said, "Of course. But you have to be my little sister, understand?"

I giggled and said, "Deal."

Then, arms linked, we quickly went to catch up with Ron and Hermione. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.6K 106 34
Book five of the Elizabeth Kane Series Now that Voldemort is back, Elizabeth has been hoping to do something to help. But Remus, her father; Sirius...
1K 89 30
Seventh book in the Elizabeth Kane series. After being able to see the future for six years, suspicions have landed on Elizabeth for why she allowed...
10K 369 199
Every family has its black sheep...even the Black family. Althea Black. When she was young, she never understood why her mother refused to speak of...
83.5K 3K 33
"Nothing was ever given to me. I've had to fight my way to survive. I was thrown to the wolves, yet I came back leading the pack. I'm as smart as the...