Chapter 12

PLEASE VOTE! IT'S FREE :)

💙💙💙

𝕰𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖇𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐 𝖈𝖆𝖒𝖊 which meant that there were zero classes, but lots of homework. Hannah Abbott was close to collapsing from nerves, and she wasn't the only one. Neville Longbottom also seemed close to collapsing and when I was studying with the others in the Gryffindor common room, Seamus yelled out of nowhere, "Call this a holiday! The exams are ages away, what're they playing at?"

I wasn't entirely sure what everyone else was so stressed about. It was only third year. Of course, Hermione and I could stress. But everyone else was overreacting- at least that's how I felt.

Harry had pointed out that no one had more work than me or Hermione. Hermione had dropped Divination which meant that she had two less classes than me. She was the last to leave the common room (according to Harry, as I spent most nights in my own common room) and was the first to wake so that she could get the library first.

I was doing the same, but my days were even longer. I'd suggested to Hermione that she could turn the time back so that she could have more hours for homework but she said that would be breaking the rules we'd agreed to when we'd been given the time-turners.

We both had dark shadows under our eyes and one day when looking in the mirror, I thought that I looked a bit like dad. He always had shadows under his eyes as well. Hermione was usually close to tears and while I usually had a confident, happy aurora, inside I was close to tears as well.

McGonagall, Flitwick, and Snape had cut private lessons to be resumed next year. This had always irked me because I felt that I could keep up with the classes. This year however, I was grateful for the extra hours at night. It meant shorter days since I didn't have to use my time turner as much (for homework anyways).

Dad had been worried about the shadows under my eyes and had persuaded me to go to Madam Pomfrey.

"It's f-fine dad." I said, yawning after one of the classes he'd held me back after. "Really, it is."

I had other things to worry about than my dark eyes. The enmity between Slytherin and Gryffindor was tight. Even Slytherins and Gryffindors that had nothing to do with Quidditch were getting into small fights.

I had become a Slytherin target as well. Possibly because I'd thrown Draco across a room, possibly because I was more of a Gryffindor than a Hufflepuff in their eyes. I was constantly being pushed whenever I was walking through the hallways. Now, I constantly had my wand in my hand and whenever a Slytherin got near me, I raised it, and they took off.

Harry was having a hard time too. He was constantly being tripped in the hallways and Oliver had told other Gryffindors to surround him at all times so that they were a type of shield around him. Harry was annoyed with this since he found it hard to get to class with everyone around him and he could barely see over the heads of some of the taller people.

I felt sick the night before the Quidditch game. I stayed up with my homework, hoping that it would distract me. Muggle studies- How do Muggles get their news without magic? Potions- Why should the calming draught be use periodically? Transfiguration- What are the main difficulties when doing a statue to model transformation?

I was close to being done, but not completely when I went to bed.

💙💙💙

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌, I put my Divination book and parchment in my bag so that I could work on the essay at the game, and then after getting dressed, I went downstairs for breakfast.