Chapter 7

PLEASE VOTE! GREATLY APPRECIATED :)

💙💙💙

𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖔, 𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 six thirty, I was outside the door of Professor Dumbledore's office. I yawned, then knocked, and then went into the office. Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore, Snape, and Lupin were all standing around.

"You look tired Miss Kane." Professor Dumbledore said.

"I've never done well sleeping around others." I muttered. I hated these meetings. It always felt like I was on jury. "But I do want to get one thing out of the way."

"And what is that?" Professor Dumbledore asked.

"No one helped Sirius Black into the castle." I glared at Snape, "Do you understand me?"

There was silence. Then Professor Dumbledore said, "Thank you for clarifying."

"No offense, Headmaster, but I was asking Professor Snape." I said lightly. "You aren't the one who has a problem with my father."

Professor McGonagall looked a bit shocked, looking between Professor Lupin and myself. "Wait, Remus. . ."

Dad sighed. "Yes, Elizabeth is my daughter."

Professor McGonagall looked even more shocked, Professor Dumbledore looked tired, and Professor Snape looked angry and abashed at the same time. But then again, angry was just his resting face.

"Miss Kane." Professor Dumbledore continued, "Do you know why he attacked the Gryffindor common room?"

I hesitated and then related the same theory I had laid on Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Professor Dumbledore looked thoughtful and Professor McGonagall looked hopeful.

"Then he might not be after Potter after all!" Professor McGonagall said.

"I didn't say that." I said, much softer than I had addressed Professor Snape. "It's just a theory."

"Do you think perhaps, and I hate asking this of you Miss Kane because I know you hate doing it, but do you think it's possible you can mark his next move?" Professor Dumbledore said.

I sighed. "I can try."

I pulled the other chair away from his desk and turned it so that I could have my back to them and sat down, pulling my knees up under my chin and rested my forehead on them. I closed my eyes. The other teachers were talking, I could hear their voices except for dad's.

I was in a misty dream where Flint was telling Oliver that Hufflepuff would have to play against Gryffindor because Malfoy's arm was still 'hurting'. I gritted my teeth. And then- the visions cut off. I was dreaming instead. . . a dream that I often had about Professor Snape and myself, kissing, but I remembered that he was out there and I couldn't have this dream. . . and then Fred kissing me on valentine's day. . . and then Trang and I laughing over our comics. . . and then I was in Hagrid's cottage and then. . .

I was awake and I blinked stupidly, aware of raised voices behind me. I got out of the chair. Dad and Snape were staring at each other angrily, their wands raised. Professor McGonagall was standing next to Professor Dumbledore, a hand over her mouth. Professor Dumbledore was standing his own wand out, but not pointed at either Dad nor Snape.

"Remus, Severus." Dumbledore said sharply. Dad and Snape turned away from each other, thrusting their wands in their robes. "Miss Kane, did you see anything?"

It took me a minute to find my voice- it was hard to concentrate waking up to such a bizarre scene- and then I said, "I- I don't know. I was in my visions and then they just- disappeared. Like- like. . ." I tried to find a way to describe the feeling of the way it was cut off. "Like it was just- cut off. I don't know why, it never happened before. . ." I trailed off as dad glared angrily at Snape's back again.