Chapter 14

PLEASE VOTE! IT'S FREE AND SUPPORTS ME :) 

💙💙💙

"𝕳𝖆𝖌𝖗𝖎𝖉." 𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝖒𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉 and he turned to go back. Hermione and I grabbed his arms.

"We can't." Ron said, who's face was now paper white. "He'll be in worse trouble if they know we've been to see him."

"It shouldn't be like that!" I hissed.

"How-could-they?" Hermione choked out. "How could they?"

"Come on." Ron said, finally having a good grip on Scabbers and we began to walk again. I scanned around for Sirius. Darkness was starting to settle over us as we made our way slowly back to the castle.

"Scabbers keep still." Ron hissed. "What's the matter with you, you stupid rat? Stay still- OUCH! He bit me!"

"Ron be quiet" Hermione hissed urgently. "Fudge'll be out here in a minute-"

"He won't-stay-put" Ron said. "What's the matter with him?"

"Crookshanks" I breathed. He was slinking towards us though he couldn't see the cloak. But perhaps he could hear our voices, most definitely Scabbers terrified squeaks. "You know." I hissed at Scabbers. "If you'd just stopped squeaking, he never would've come here, right?"

Scabbers paid me no attention.

"Crookshanks." Hermione moaned. "No, go away. Crookshanks! Go away!"

The cat paid her no attention.

"Scabbers- NO!" Ron suddenly shouted, making me jump. The rat slipped between his fingers and scampered away. Crookshanks raced after him and then- Ron threw off the cloak and raced after Crookshanks. I marked the time sloppily.

"Ron!" Hermione moaned and I darted out from under the cloak, gaining on Ron. "Get away from him- get away-Scabbers come here- Gotcha! Get off, you stinking cat-"

I skidded to a stop behind Ron, having passed him as he threw himself downwards into the grass. Harry and Hermione nearly ran into me.

"Ron- come on- back under the cloak- Dumbledore- The Minister- they'll be coming back out in a minute-" Hermione panted between breaths.

Then there was a pounding of large paws. I moved out of the way so that Sirius had a clear line of shot for Ron. I moved forward a little bit. Sirius had used Harry's chest as a springboard and was now grabbing Ron's arm between his teeth. He started dragging Ron- and Scabbers- away from us.

Suddenly, something snapped across my face. I yelped and ducked. I had forgotten about the Whomping Willow. Harry was knocked of his feet and Hermione shrieked with pain.

"Lumos." I said, pulling out my wand. It was a bright white which was good. Ron was fighting furiously. I held my other hand to where the tree had whipped me and found that my cheek was bleeding.

"Ron!" Harry yelled, his wand lit too.

Ron's leg tried to hook itself around the tree, but there was a sound like thunder and Ron's legs went under the tree as well.

"Harry- we've got to go for help-" Hermione gasped. I saw her shoulder was bleeding.

"No." I said.

And that was that.

"Crookshanks." I called out. "Stop the tree."

Crookshanks darted forward and place his paws upon a knot on the trunk. The tree stopped moving immediately.