Deception

بواسطة stariiyy

"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss... المزيد

Disclaimer
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Concussion
Chapter 3 - Bitter ball
Chapter 4 - Infamously Brutal
Chapter 5 - Desire
Chapter 6 - Unravel
Chapter 7 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 8 - Revenge
Chapter 9 - Be Quiet and Drive
Chapter 10 - A Little Death
Chapter 11 - Is There Someone Else?
Chapter 12 - Habits
Chapter 13 - Death Wish
Chapter 14 - Let It Die
Chapter 15 - Bad Blood
Chapter 16 - Riot
Chapter 17 - Belong
Chapter 18 - Wanderers
Chapter 19 - The Devils Touch
Chapter 20 - One more day
Chapter 21 - Change
Chapter 22 - Fallen Angel
Chapter 23 - Arrest Me
Chapter 24 - She Knows
Chapter 25 - Jealousy
Chapter 26 - Careless Whisper
Chapter 27 - Titanium
Chapter 28 - Killshot
Chapter 29 - Closer
Chapter 30 - Same Old Love
Chapter 31 - Dreaming
Chapter 32 - Break Your Heart Right Back
Chapter 33 - Not Allowed
Chapter 34 - Pulse
Chapter 35 - Falling Into You
Chapter 36 - Not Your Only
Chapter 37 - Roadtrip
Chapter 38 - Trust Issues
Chapter 38 - Runaway
Chapter 40 - Moonlight
Chapter 41 - Drowning
Chapter 42 - You Will Fall
Chapter 43 - Us?
Chapter 44 - I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter 45 - Wasted
Chapter 46 - You Look Lonely
Chapter 47 - Verdict
Chapter 48 - Prison Break
Chapter 49 - I Don't Belong Here
Chapter 50 - The Return
Chapter 51 - Feels
Chapter 52 - Hot Summer Night
Chapter 54 - Slow Down
Chapter 55 - Reflections

Last chapter

9.3K 242 105
بواسطة stariiyy

Once we arrive at an abandoned car warehouse, I immediately jump out the car. Its night so I can't see a thing on my way to the red metal door, but its easy finding my way inside. There are no rooms, its just one giant hall with a few torches around a chair.

Renzo. Covered in wounds dripping with blood.

Leone turns and throws his blade on the ground. The second I stand in front of him, my hand goes flying to his face, sending it sidewards.

"We both agreed no innocents would be involved." I seethe as he slowly straightens his head.

"Silas is not innocent, and neither is his minion."
Leone kicks Renzo's leg and he groans.

"Catalina..." he grunts. "You were my friend. You forget about Russia?"

I put my hands on my hips and look at Leone. Who does this to their own blood?

"We built snowmen." Renzo continues. I realise he's bleeding from the head and rush to untie the ropes holding him to the thick wooden chair.

Leone watches me with a mixture of shock and sick amusement. "You were angry. You wanted revenge...turns out you weren't cut out for it."

"I am." I fight back. "I just don't hurt people who did nothing to deserve it."

"You wanted to hurt Silas-"

"Well not anymore."

His eyes grow round. With the way he stares at me, I can feel him rummaging through my mind. "No."

My eyes lower.

"You're falling for him again."

"I'm not."

He laughs out loud. "I should have never trusted you you little bitch-"

Renzo's fist comes out of nowhere, slamming him  so hard in the face, he falls back. "That's my sister-in-law." He spits out. Wow that man can throw a punch.

Renzo stands straight for a good few seconds before his leg gives in and he falls to the ground. A loud groan leaves him and he grabs his head. "C-Call Silas."

———————————————————————

I'd been in my room watching my telenovela for about an hour. I thought It'd be a good idea for Renzo to stay here until he recovers, and Silas agreed so they're upstairs with the doctor too.

Once my door opens and Silas walks in, my eyes meet briefly with his. He looks even more tired than he did today. Fluffy black hair. Rugged scruff.

"You're not in my bed." He steps away from the door and walks out. I think that's an order.

"I'll annoy you!" I call out, fighting my smile.

"My bed Catalina."

———

Sadly, I slept good last night. It's a bad thing because now I'm going to want to sleep in his bed every night.

I rest my arms on the golden railing, and look out at the garden from this balcony. The warm breeze blows my summer dress around, and the smell of hot concrete digs an empty hole in me. God I miss Colombia.

I still want to go back. I just don't know when, or how? After the divorce? Will there even be a divorce?

A breath escapes me and I lower my head. I'm so homesick, I can't even look at this place. Someone walks out from behind.

At first I think its a maid but I recognise those footsteps, and warmth ignites beneath my cheeks. He's wearing all black today, on the hottest day on earth. I shouldn't have expected anything different.

Silas tucks his hands into the pocket of his coat and looks out at the backyard. A lush green lawn stretches out over 4 acres, with trees scattered all around and a fountain in the centre, trickling water that can be heard from here.

"Give me another shot at being your husband."

What.

"And the divorce?"

He meets my gaze, eyes burning with certainty.
"Forget about the divorce, I'll give you all the money you want."

"I..." I look down at the balcony railing. "I'm greedy."

"I have enough."

"Your father hates me."

"He's not around anymore."

My brows furrow. "You'll fall out of love one day and regret this."

For the long second he remains quiet, I fear that my convincing has actually gotten to him before he steps close, and strokes a few fingers against the side of my face to tilt it up.

His deep voice had never been so sure. "You're the one I want."

Tears prick my eyes. I'm stupid I know,
But it I think I'm overreacting now, wait until he digs into his pocket and pulls out two cards.

He holds them between us and confused, I scan the words on the cards only to read "to Colombia" before my mouth drops open.

I try to form some words to say, but I can't think of anything in that'd explain the excitement I feel in my veins.

I can't believe this. I'm going back to my home country. I'm going to see my cousins and aunts and uncles...

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him soft on the lips. "I love you."

Silas's eyes grow warm and dark. "Show me."

And I did just that.

———————————————————————

Six months later....

"Pon ese ahí..." (Put that one there)" I gesture to the kitchen and the workman carries the box in there, setting it down on the counter. "Sí, perfecto. Gracias. (Yes, perfect. Thank you.)

Eduardo nods and leaves to get some more boxes, and I rest my hands on my hips as I walk around the house - my house.

Every part of it has been customised to my liking.
The brick archways, the dark tiles...the plants in every corner. This is the place I'd call home now.

After we found out what kind of tricks Pietro pulled on us, Silas sent him away. I asked him where but he only said somewhere far, maybe Prague?

Anyway, I couldn't stand living in that house with bad memories and his sister Bianca, so Silas bought some land on Long Island and had another house built. It's inspired by the houses back in Colombia, and by my request, is way smaller than the other haunted mansion.

I move to the kitchen and take in the smell of a new house. When I catch onto the photo hanging on the wall, I stop and admire it for a second. I had hung this picture of Silas and his younger brother, the one that was murdered by the Leone.

Silas is a teenager in the photo, already tatted up a little as he holds his kid brother in his lap. He looks very different from Silas, but they share the same brown eyes.

Silas had found his little brothers body a few months ago. Leone eventually cracked I guess, and then he was never seen again. Prague?

The door creaks and speak of the devil...Silas walks in. I pretend I wasn't looking at his photo and turn my attention to the counter.

Silas sets his coat on the counter. "You were looking at the picture."

"It's just so cute." I sigh like it'd been a long kept secret. "I hope our baby has your eyes."

My mouth snaps shut. For a long time, neither of us speak. Gathering my strength, I shyly meet his eyes. "I mean...when we have a baby."

Silas rolls his tongue against the inside of his cheek. Of course he's amused, I shouldn't have expected anything else.

"Come here and I'll give you one."

I pick up the pair of socks on the counter and throw them at his head. "We have unpacking to, so get to work."

Still humoured, he steps back and picks up the box on the floor.

"That goes in the garage."

"Where will I put my cars?"

Oh...I hate to break this to him. I pat his shoulder before walking past him. "Nobody needs that many cars Silas."

———

There's nothing like your first night in your new home. All I can smell is fresh paint, and once he lays down, Silas's new cologne.

Our bedroom would be pitch black if it weren't for our open door, allowing light to bleed in from the hallway.

There's another room across the hall I decorated for my Mama. She has her own place but I still want her to visit every now and then, she's the only parent I have left.

I slowly turn on my side to face Silas, my eyes looking into his with a sudden urgency. "Silas?"

He opens his eyes the second he hears my voice. "Yeah baby?"

"Would you remarry if I died?"

He lets out an exhale like he's wondering why I'd ask, before he turns on his side to face me and reaches out to stroke my face. My eyes fall slightly. I love when he does that.

"I can't remarry if I'm five feet underground."

"You're insane."

His eyes trace his finger to my lip, before he meets my gaze. "I blame you."

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to his body. I close my eyes and bury my face in his shirt, sighing.

It took me a long time to realise that I didn't need the money, or revenge...I just needed love.

And though Silas might not have the morals I do, he gives me what I need and treats me better than anyone else ever could. He loves me.

And now that I've got him, I'm never letting go.

The end....

————————————————————————

Authors note:

Hi guys, so we've finally come to the end of Deception. I just want to thank you for your time and support, it has been a LONG ride but it would mean nothing without you.

Some of you are saying the ending is rushed but Catalina and Silas have found the truths within each other, there would be nothing to write about after that. If I wrote more it'd just drag on forever. Thank you once again❤️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

430K 6.9K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
109K 1.3K 62
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...
112K 1.9K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
2.4M 70.4K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...