Reborn as the worst

由 K4iden_

Fighting all his life, trying to keep everyone save he cares about. Considered as a hero by the public but kn... 更多

Chapter 1 - The Offer
Chapter 2 - Early days
Chapter 3 - The Message
Chapter 4 - Let the training begin
Chapter 5 - Demon
Chapter 6 - The first step
Chapert 7 - Training
Chapter 8 - Arthur Leywin
Chapter 9 - Two Familys meet
Chapter 10 - Sparring
Chapter 11 - start of our adventur
Chapter 12 - Dungeon Raid
Chapter 13 - The Talk
Chapter 14 - Who am I?
Chapter 15 - Frost Valley
Chapter 16 - Frost Valley Pt. 2
Chapter 17 - Explanation
Chapter 18 - Dire Tombs Pt. 1
Chapter 19 - Dire Tombs Pt. 2
Chapter 20 - Dire Tombs Pt. 3
Chapter 21 - Time inbetween
Chapter 23 - Life changing talks
Chapter 24 - Disciplinary Committee
Chapter 25 - Getting closer
Chapter 26 - Mock battle
Chapter 27 - What do they want?
Chapter 28 - Building trust
A/N
Chapter 29 - first day of training
Chapter 30 - Now he knows
Chapter 31 - A Warrior's Heart
Chapter 32 - New routes
Chapter 33 - One annoyance gone!
Side Story 1 - Our first Date
Side Story 2 - Love
Chapter 34 - Field trip Pt. 1
Chapter 35 - Field trip Pt. 2
Chapter 36 - Field trip Pt. 3
A/N
A/N
Chapter 37 - Field trip Pt. 4
Chapter 38 - Confrontation
Chapter 39 - Engagement Pt. 1
Chapter 40 - Engagement Pt. 2
Chapter 41 - Back to school
Chapter 42 - No idea how to name this chapter

Chapter 22 - First day of School

277 15 1
由 K4iden_

3P POV

Its early in the morning, around 5:30am. Everyone of the Wykes family is still asleep. Everyone accepted for Lucas. Sitting in the beautyful forest-like garden, listening to the melodic chirping of the bireds.

He woke up early so he could have some peace of mind, even if it is only for a couple of houres. The constant training for years, may it be day or night, planing and preparing for the war took a huge toll on him. His consciousness may be on the age of 37 but nevertheless he is exhausted.

"Why are you up so early in the morning?" Nova asked as she set down next to her brother.

"I could asked you the same." Lucas retorted as he shifted his gaze towards his sister.

"You got me there. I went to bed early yesterday so its only natural that I would wake up early." She replied. "Now why are you up so early?" She added.

"I wanted to have some peace and quite before I have to go to school." He answered.

"You want me to go then?" Nova asked concerned. Not wishing to bother her brother.

"No, its alright. I enjoy your company." He said as he gave her a smile.

Hearing that made her happy. Nova cares for her family alot, especially for her little brother. She feels conected to him, differently then to the rest of her family. She can't describe it herself, its just that he seemingly understands her more than anyone else. And due to Lucas time in the Beast Glades, she fells like she has missed out on alot of him growing up. So she enjoys every time she can spend with him.

"What are you doing today? Spending some time with your girlfriend?" Lucas asked teasingly.

Seemingly embarrasst by that she punched him on his shoulder. Her face red as a tomato. "No, she dosen't have that much time due to her work as a Lance. I will help mom and dad today. They have a meeting with Vincent Helstea, to discuss the distribution of some goods."

"That sounds boring." Lucas said as he depictures himself in such meetings, not listening to anything that would be said.

"Maybe it sounds like this for you, but not for me. I actually enjoy those meetings alot." She replied.

"Its good to know that atleast one of you is intrested in the family business." Luana said as she walked up to the children.

"Good morning mom." They both said in union.

Giving them a smile she took a seat next to them. "You both are up pretty early. Didn't you sleep well." She asked concerned.

"No, I slept really good, I just went to bed really early yesterday." Nova replied.

"And wanted to enjoy some peace and quite before I have to go to school." Lucas added.

"I see. Then I will not bother you any further." Luana said as she stood up.

"You could never bother us mom." Lucas said at wich Nova nodded in agreement.

"Haha. I know, I know. But I have something to prepare for todays meeting anyway, so I will take my leave. Breakfast will start at 7, so be back in the house on time." She said giggling to herself.

Her children smiled at her and had given her a nod as she left.

Both Nova and Lucas enjoy the view of the garden for about a hour before they went inside. There they ate breakfast with the rest of the family.

When it was time for Lucas to leave everyone went with him to the front door to say thier goodbyes. His parents reminded him to not couse trouble otherwise he would be punished. He promised that nothing will happen and that he would behave as good as possible.

After saying his goodbyes he, with Fraener on his shoulder, went into the carriage and told the driver to bring him to Xyrus Academy.

It took him around 30 minutes to arrive at the entrance of the academy. There he waited for two particular people.

"Huh, I thought the air would be different." A young boy with raven black hair said as he left a less luxurious carriage then all the other ones that stood before the Academy's entrance.

"And what exactly did you thought the air to be?" Another boy with auburn hair said as he followed the first boy.

"I don't know, just special. This is a school for the rich, so I thought the air would have a different tast to it." The raven boy replied.

"You do realize that this makes no sense, right." The aubern boy sad as he looked at the raven boy confused.

"Arthur, Elijah. Its good to see you." Lucas called out as he saw them.

"Lucas its good to see you as well. How have you been." Arthur said nonchalant as he huged his friend.

"I've been good and you." Lucas retorted as he returned the huge.

"Same." Arthur simply replied.

"Lord Wykes." Elijah said as he bowed.

"Don't be so formel. I'm too young to be called a lord." Lucas said as he patted him on the back.

"O-okay." Elijah said nervously.

As they talked with each other the people around them gave them weird looks.

"Who are those peasant...

"Who do they think they are, talking to lord Wykes like that...

"We should teach them a leason...

"Yeah, lets show those commoners there place..

Annoyed by those words Lucas gave them a stern look, shutting them up immediately.

"Lets go to the auditorium. Hopefully we still get some good seats." Lucas said as he entered the Academy.

"Its so full, look there are some seats empty." Elijah had to scream for Arthur and Lucas to understand what he said.

They pushed through the crowd of people and took the free seats. As they did Sylvie, who slept until now, woke up. Tacking in the surroundings confused.

'Papa. Where are we?' She asked still sleepy.

'We are at school, Sylvie. Did you sleep well.' Arthur replied.

'School? Why are we here?' She asked confused.

'Because I have to learn and your mama is here.' He said.

'Mama! Where is she?' She exclaimed excitedly.

'Haha. You will see her later.'

During there mental communication the entire building went silent. Suddenly like out of nowhere Cynthia Goodsky, the founder and director of Xyrus Academy, appeared on the stage.

"Excuse me for my rudeness but I do hate speaking up. Not good for my throat, no it is not," she said in a pleasant voice that-while soft-was heard perfectly clear, even from the back row.

"I welcome everyone here, the future leaders, scholars and powerhouses of Dicathen, to this humble academy. I am Cynthia Goodsky. Please call me Director Goodsky and do not be afraid to say hello when I walk around campus. I am no good with speeches so I stand here before you mages today to say hello, and introduce to you the Student Council that represents this academy and takes part in making important decisions along with me. Please give them a warm welcome." She waved her raised hand and one by one, members of the council started walking out.

The first to see was Jarrod, walking confidently, looking straight ahead, his pretty boy face eliciting a wave of shrill screams from the girls in the audience. Behind him, a very playful, cheery guy came out waving at the audience and beaming us a bright smile.

"Look, look! There's Lilia! We need to cheer!" Elijah stood up and shouted at the top of his lungs, Arthur and Lucas followed him, yelling her name as well. Her shy demeanor was nowhere to be seen as she walked calmly towards the center of the stage, where she gave small bows in each direction. There was no way she could see them or make out thier individual cheers but they still gave it thier all to cheer on thier friend.

Behind her walked out a tall student with long, parted bangs. His face was frozen into what looked like a stern grimace with a sharp gaze that seemed to be looking down on everyone, giving him a rather pompous appearance. While the cheers for him wasn't as loud as it was for Jarrod or the cheery guy, he, nonetheless, strode with practiced grace.

Finally, the last to arrive actually made the crowd silent. The unmistakable gunmetal silver hair that reflected the lights in the auditorium gave her a serene glow as her peachy-cream complexion made the boys all around the auditorium gape. She turned to face the audience so that her round, turquoise eyes captured the hearts of every boy in this auditorium.

'She was only thirteen...right?' Arthur thought to himself.

He had a hard time believing the girl he couldn't see as more than a kid had matured enough to catch him off guard. Her face still contained a childish innocence but the way she carried herself made him doubt that this was the same girl he had known since near-toddlerhood.

While still a little taller than Lilia, she was quite a bit shorter than the serious-looking guy next to her, but her posture made her seem bigger and grander than everyone else on the stage. Taking a deep bow, she came back up while tucking part of her hair behind her pointed ears, her face emotionless as a doll's.

"My name is Tessia Eralith, and I am honored to stand here as this academy's Student Council President." Tessia said starting her speech.

Everyone listened careful to her every word. All except for Arthur. He himself was mesmerised by her beauty.

Thanks to Lucas, who made it clear to him that he is Arthur Leywin and not King Grey over and over again, he finally realized his feelings that he has for his childhood friend. He loves her, more than anyone else in this world. He told himself that he wouldn't let her wait any longer. He dicided to tell her how he fells as soon as he can.

'Papa look there is mama. She is beautyful.' Sylvie said from atop of Arthur's head.

'Yes, yes she is.' He said.

"Art... I think I'm in love." Elijah said not being able to look away from the so called moon-goddess.

"I'm sorry to tell you this Elijah, but you probably don't have a chance with her." Lucas said as he struggled to keep in his loughter.

"Can't a man have his dreams?" He replied.

"Just don't be mad when she gets with someone else."

As Tessia finished her speech, everyone was dismissed. They all left the auditorium to go to there dormrooms.

As Lucas, Arthur and Elijah made there way to there rooms a explosion could be heared. Intrested the three boys went to look what happened.

"I don't see how a short-ass dwarf like you can even hope to be a proper Augmenter. Why don't you stick to forging some weapons for real warriors like me?"

"What da hell didja say? Who do ya think ya are, anyway?"

As they arrived at the spot the explosion acquired two boys could be seen argueing. A human and a dwarf.

"Couldn't this become dangerous?" Elijah looked around where some of the students had to deliberately walk around the two of them, just in case they started fighting. There were amongst the last to leave the auditorium so most were already deeper within the campus or inside their dorms, so there weren't many people around but if they did start fighting, some of the students in the vicinity may get caught up in the mess.

"They wouldn't dare do something like fight on the first day, right? Let's just go." Arthur tried to nudge his friends to a roundabout route avoiding the two arguing students.

"Come on, we have nothing to do besides unpack anyway! Let's just see how good they are. Look, the human looks to be a second level augmenter." Elijah pointed at the brawny human.

Looking at them, both the dwarf and human students had battle mage uniforms, but the human had two stripes on his tie while the dwarf only had one.

The human, who intoduced himself as Nicolas Dreyl, kept insulting dwarve. Pushing him to declare a duel between them.

"Tch! Yer gonna be sorry." The dwarf that was a head shorter than his opponent with a bulky build looked awkward wearing the blazer uniform but the way he carried his giant battle-axe with ease told them he was more than what the single stripe on his tie told them.

The metal badge on both the human and dwarf glowed brightly as the dwarf placed a hand on his badge and started chanting. "I declare a duel between me, Broznean Boor, and Nicolas Dreyl!"

"I accept the duel!" The two badges glowed different colors until they synced together, producing a loud 'ping' sound.

They started to clash. Exchanging blow after blow. It was clear that the human boy had the upper hand in this fight. It didn't took him long to knock his opponent to the ground. The barrier around them dissolved, declareing the end of the duel.

The human didn't seem to care and procceded to attack further. But before he was able to land a blow Arthur spook up, mentally apologizing to his childhood friend.

"Isn't that the student council president I see coming over?" He said.

Clicking his tongue, the boy put back his swords in his ring and looked over to where Arthur looked.

Upon seeing that she wasn't there many were disappointed others relived. Nicolas on the other hand was angry.

"Oh, it seems I have mistaken." Arthur said nonchalant.

As he was about to leave Nicolas pulled on his shoulder in anger.

"Who do you think you are to interfere in my duel." He asked.

"When did I interfere in your duel? It was already over and I just thought I have seen the student council president." Arthur replied as he slapped Nicolas hand away.

"You dare." Nicolas said trembling with anger. He summened his swords and went on to attack but before his sword conected the time seemed to stop.

Everything was frozen in place except for Arthur and Lucas.

"Did you do this? You do realiz that I can deal with him myself, right" Arthur asked as he looked around confused.

"I didn't stop time to save you, Arthur. I just want to warn you so that there wouldn't be any misunderstandings. Tessia will arive her in less than a minute. She actually stands right over there." Lucas said as he gestured to her.

Arthur heart skipped a beat as he saw her. "What do you want to warn me about?" He asked as his gaze shifted to Lucas.

"She dosen't know how to talk to you. She knows you want to stay under the radar so she will be professional. Saying things she dosen't mean. I advise you to call her by her nickname." Lucas advised.

"I see. Alright you can let the time flow again." He replied.

Immediately everyone started to move again. Arthur was about to catch the incomming blade as a angel-like voice ring through his ears.

"Do you dare?" Tessia asked as she and the rest of the student council arrived.

"Äh-ähmm.. ofcourse not. I would have stop before I would have hit him." Nicolas said sweat streaming down his face.

Lilia and Jarrod walked over to Elijah asking what have happend. He explained the event and told them how Nicolas was about to seriously injurie the dwarf hadn't Arthur interfered.

"Do you have anything to say to your defence?" Tessia asked with a stern look on her face.

"Ähh... Ähm..." Nicolas was lost for words.

"Go to the director's office." She ordered. "And you, what do you think you were doing. It is the first day of school and you already couse trouble. Do you have anything to say ?" She asked as she looked towards Arthur.

'I see so thats what he meant.' He said mental.

"Shouldn't you know that is in my natur to atract trouble, Tess." He said giving her a bright smile.

"Who do you think you are to talk like this to the president." Clive, the vice president said as he gave Arthur an angery look.

"Haha. Your right, how could I forget Art." Tessia said with a slight blush on her face.

"What are you saying president. Do you know this peasant?" Clive asked as he looked at Arthur disgusted.

"What was that Clive. It seems you haven't listened to my speech. Everyone is equal in this school. So if I ever hear you say something like this to any student then there will be consequences." Tessia said in a stern tone.

"Y-yes president." Clive said embarrasst.

"President it seems that Arthur defused the situation and prevented any major injuries." Lilia said as she approached Tessia.

"I understand." Tessia said. "Then you're dismissed but I would need you to give me a full report about the incident later. Please meet me in the student council room after you unpacked your belongings." She added as she walked of.

"And thanks for protecting the student." She lastly said.

Sylvie, who slept through the whole incident, welled up with excitement as she saw her 'mother'. She jumped down from Arthurs head and ran towards Tessia. She jumped onto Tessia's shoulder and started licking her cheek as she kyued happily.

"Sylvie?" Tessia asked visibly startled.

'Papa I will stay with mama.' Sylvie transmitted mentally.

Tessia looked at Arthur confused who in return just nodded and smiled at her.

After Tessia left the crowd cleared up, leaving only Arthur, Elijah and Lucas.

"Arthur, I belive you have to explain yourself. How do you know Tessia Eralith? And why does she call you 'Art'?" Elijah asked getting uncomfortably close to Arthur's face.

Giving him a teasing grin he asked. "Why do you want to know? Are you jealous?"

"I told you not to get mad." Lucas said as he loughed at the raven boy.

"I'm not mad, abit jealous yes but not mad. I should have known that Arthur knows her." Elijah said as he scratched the back of his head. "But how do you know her?" He asked again.

"We're childhood friends." Arthur replied nonchalant.

"What? How?"

"I maybe explain it to you later. Now come I want to go to my room." Arthur said as he walked of.

"You guys can go ahead I have something important to take care of." Lucas said as he walked towards the faculty building.

"Alright, but don’t complain later when you don’t get the bed you wanted." Arthur replied.

"Yeah Yeah." Lucas retorted as he quickened his pace.

Casting a strong illusion spell around himself he entered the faculty building and made his way straight to the director's office.

As he entered the office he saw the director sitting on her desk talking to the elven Lance Aya and the dwarven Lance Olfred.

"Please report back to the council that I will look into it." Goodsky said as she put some papers on her desk.

"We will, but please take care of it as soon as possible." Lance Aya said as she turned to leave, Olfred following her.

As they left the room Goodsky spoke up. "They atleast could be abit more friendlier." She sighed.

"I agree." Lucas said as he canceled his spell.

"Huh?" Goodsky jolted up from her seat at Lucas sudden appearance.

"L-Lucas Wykes? How did you enter my office without me or the Lances to noticing you." Goodsky asked nervously.

"I simply hid my presence with illusion magic." He replied nonchalant.

"O-okay and what do you want?" She asked a little bit afraid.

"I want to talk. About Dicathen, its future and the comming war with Alacrya."

-3332 words

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

1.8K 113 6
In this "The Beginning After The End" fanfiction, we delve into an alternate reality where Arthur Leywin arrives at Xyrus Academy without any memorie...
130K 4.3K 46
After the war no more than a handful of survivors remain in a destroyed world. After going back in time to where it began, can they prevent another t...
53.8K 1.5K 52
Honour, Knowledge, Power, and Motivation. Those were the things that fuelled him to do the things he had to do. After Vergil was killed by his brothe...
161K 4.7K 114
So by the title you are a boy who died in his 20s you are then given a chance to live again and you get to choose your ability's (I choose) and you a...