Broken Vow

By zahrah_mukhtar

On losing her husband, Zain Hashim on their wedding day, Hanan Aali made a Vow to remain his widow for the re... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 3
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 9

216 39 35
By zahrah_mukhtar

Narrated Abu Huraira:
"Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)  said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, none of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father and his children."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 14
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 7

*****

"Hanan, how about we stop at an ice cream parlor?" Ammar suggested as they were on their way home after visiting Ammar's father.

"Okay," Hanan nodded, she can't resist the temptation of ice cream, right?

"Take us to the nearest ice cream parlor," Ammar told the driver.

"Okay, Sir," He replied.

"Hanan, you want to have some ice cream?" Tareeq asked, turning around and looking at Hanan from the passenger seat.

"Yes," Hanan replied.

"Face your front, Tareeq," Ammar said coldly.

"Sorry," Tareeq stifled his laughter and face his front as Ammar had instructed.

***

"Let's go, sweetheart," Ammar said, offering his hand to her, but Hanan, being herself, ignored him and started walking ahead.

They arrived at the ice cream parlor.

"Wait for me, sweetheart," Ammar said, going after her.

"That's not the right way to treat your husband," Ammar said.

"I didn't know that," Hanan feigned ignorance.

"Don't follow us in, stay outside," Ammar told the bodyguards.

"But I can follow you in right?" Tareeq asked.

"No," Ammar said sternly.

"What? I also want to buy ice cream," Tareeq complained.

"I'll buy it for you," Ammar said, and with that, they entered the ice cream shop with Hanan.

"Isn't that Ammar Sheik?"

"It is Ammar Sheik!"

"The lady beside him is his wife, right?"

"They look so perfect together!"

"Gosh, he's so handsome."

"His wife is also beautiful."

Some ladies whispered immediately after Ammar and Hanan entered the ice cream parlor.

Ammar and Hanan approached the counter, where an enthusiastic young man in a striped apron stood, ready to take their orders.

"Welcome to The Ice Cream Oasis! What can I get you today?" The server asked, his eyes bouncing between the two.

"A scoop of strawberry and a scoop of chocolate for the lady here," Ammar make an order for Hanan.

"How did you know that's exactly how I like my ice cream?" Hanan asked, raising her brow.

Ammar's eyes flickered with a hint of panic but quickly masked it away. "I have my ways," He smirked.

"Whatever," Hanan rolled her eyes.

The server handed the ice cream cone to Hanan after scooping the requested flavors into it.

"What about you, Sir?" The server turned his attention to Ammar.

"A scoop of vanilla," Ammar replied, even though he wasn't a fan of sweet things. He had to order it to keep Hanan company while she enjoyed her ice cream.

The server handed Ammar his own scoop, and Ammar pulled out his card to pay the bill.

After paying, they found a cozy corner in the parlor and settled into cushioned chairs.

"Sweetheart," Ammar called, but Hanan sent him a glare. She didn't like him calling her sweetheart, but there was nothing she could do to stop him, right?

Ammar's phone rang, and he intended to reject the call because no one could spoil his moment with Hanan!

"Excuse me, I'll be right back, sweetheart," Ammar excused himself when he saw that the call was important.

Hanan simply nodded at him, happy that he received a call. Now she could eat her ice cream in peace without his gaze boring into her.

"Hello," Hanan heard a man's voice. When she raised her eyes, she saw him looking at her. At first, she thought he wasn't speaking to her.

"How can I help you?" Hanan asked.

"I want your number," The man replied as he settled down on the seat Ammar left.

"What?" Hanan asked, shocked. How dare he call her baby?

"Yes, baby," The man replied.

"Don't you dare call me baby again!" Hanan said, her eyes sending murderous glares at him.

"Okay, your number," He said, his eyes fixed on her, making Hanan uncomfortable.

"I'm married," Hanan said firmly.

"You girls always use this trick to shoo men away. I won't fall for that," He said as he grabbed Hanan's hand.

"Release my hand!" Hanan tried to snatch her hand away, but she couldn't, as he was stronger than her.

"Just give me your number, and I'll leave you alone," He replied.

"How dare you touch my wife?" Ammar came out of nowhere, delivering a hard punch to the man's face, making him fall to the floor.

"You dare to touch what's mine?" Ammar lifted the man from the floor and gave him another punch to the stomach.

The man attempted to defend himself by throwing a punch at Ammar, but Ammar didn't let him. He continued landing blows on the man.

"Who sent you here?" Ammar asked as he delivered another punch.

"Nobody sent me. I'm sorry, please leave me. I didn't know she's your wife," the man apologized, but Ammar didn't stop. He continued to pummel the man.

"Ammar, stop," Hanan said, scared by the way Ammar was beating the man.

"No, Hanan, let me show him who he touched. How dare he touch you?" Ammar gave him another punch.

"Ammar, what the heck are you doing?" Tareeq yelled, trailing behind him with the bodyguards. They had heard a commotion inside the ice cream parlor, and they were shocked to see Ammar beating someone up. It was a sight they had never seen before.

"He dared to touch what's mine," Ammar roared, delivering another punch.

Tareeq and the bodyguards quickly pulled Ammar away from the man.

"Ammar, are you out of your senses? What if you killed him?" Tareeq whispered, his voice filled with concern.

"He deserves it!" Ammar said, attempting to go after the man again, but Tareeq held him firmly.

"This is not the Ammar I know! You never reveal your emotions, let alone act like that! Beating someone up? That's not you!" Tareeq said softly, ensuring only Ammar could hear him.

"You know a different side of me always appears when it involves Hanan!" Ammar said.

"You should calm down, and let's get out of here," Tareeq suggested.

"Give me your phones," A bodyguard said as he approached a group of ladies who were filming Ammar beating up the man.

"Why?" The ladies asked, scared by the look he gave them. They handed over their phones.

The bodyguard collected their phones and deleted the video they had taken of Ammar beating up the man.

"Listen carefully, what happened here stays here. No one should go around telling anyone. If it gets out, all of you will be held responsible," The bodyguard warned everyone present, and they all nodded, feeling scared.

From what they had heard, Ammar Sheik was ruthless and capable of ruining their lives if this incident leaked.

"Tareeq, you know what to do with him," Ammar said, looking at the man with a cold expression.

"Let's go, Hanan," Ammar said, holding Hanan's hand as they started walking out of the ice cream parlor. Hanan didn't argue as she could see Ammar was not in the mood. This was the first time she had seen this side of him, and truth be told, she was a little scared. It was also the first time she had seen Ammar wear such a cold expression and speak to her in a cold tone.

Tareeq looked at the man with pity, knowing that Ammar wouldn't rest until he had ruined his life.

"Take him to the hospital," Tareeq instructed one of the bodyguards, and he nodded.

***

The car ride was silent, with Ammar clenching and unclenching his fists.

As soon as they reached home, Ammar got out of the car and walked inside the house without waiting for Hanan.

Hanan stepped out of the car and watched him in wonder, as if he were a different person.

"We should go in. Don't worry about him; he's just not in the mood," Tareeq said, looking at Hanan.

"It's okay," Hanan replied, and they began walking towards the front door.

"Are you okay? Did that man harm you?" Tareeq asked, concerned.

"Yes, I'm fine," Hanan forced a smile.

"I'll go and see Ammar," Tareeq said, and when they entered the house, Hanan nodded.

Tareeq headed towards the study room, knowing that's where Ammar would be.

Opening the door, Tareeq found Ammar pacing around.

"You know what you did today wasn't right," Tareeq said as soon as he entered, causing Ammar to stop pacing.

"Do you expect me to just stand by and do nothing when I saw that useless man touch my wife?" Ammar asked.

"You could have handled things more diplomatically," Tareeq replied.

"You know I would never be diplomatic when someone harms Hanan!"

"But he didn't harm her."

"He touched her!!!" Ammar yelled.

"Ammar, please calm down and maintain your composure," Tareeq advised.

"Tell me who that useless man is," Ammar said as he settled into a chair.

"He's the CEO of Sadauki Enterprises, practically the richest man in Sokoto State. Are you sure you want to ruin him?" Tareeq said.

"I don't care if he's the richest man in the world. If he lays a hand on Hanan, I will do anything to teach him a lesson, even if it means losing everything I have!" Ammar declared.

"Okay, then," Tareeq nodded.

"He's just a small fly, reducing him to nothing won't be a problem, right?" Ammar said, relaxing back into his chair.

"I gave you six hours to make it happen!" Ammar ordered.

"But six hours is too short. Please give me a day," Tareeq begged.

"Do I need to replace my personal assistant in order to make it happen?" Ammar asked.

"Okay, I'll do it in six hours," Tareeq nodded.

"But Ammar, don't you think revealing your weakness to the world will make your enemies target Hanan?" Tareeq asked.

"No one can harm Hanan except for one person, and he wouldn't dare since she's married to me, right?" Ammar replied.

"Don't worry, Tareeq. I won't let anything happen to Hanan!" Ammar assured him.

"I'm glad to hear that. I'll go and get the job done," Tareeq said, and Ammar nodded.

"But six hours is still too little time for this task. I'll do it in twenty-four hours," Tareeq said, quickly leaving the study room to avoid further discussion with Ammar.

Ammar shook his head in response.

*****

Hello lovelies.

What do you think of the chapter?

And we see this side of Ammar.

So Ammar can do anything if someone touches Hanan?

Leave your thoughts on the comment section.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow.

Love Zahra💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 1.3K 32
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...
136K 12.5K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
287K 16K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...
MARRED By Umm Najm

General Fiction

7.8K 1.1K 40
She was Intelligent, passionate and a natural care giver. At 26, Amanah Sa'eed was ready to take on the world as it came. As long as she pushed and p...