๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐‘๐„๐€๐“ ๐–๐€๐‘...

By vneryx

my hand was the one you reached for; all throughout the great war. vicky, nancy, thรจrรจse and beatrice the cra... More

๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ
๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜;
1. the circle of idiots
2. all by yourself, sitting alone
3. interrogation
4. the plan pt.i
5. the plan pt. ii
6. escaping
7. alice in zombieland
8. a guidance.
9. faith, hope and trust
10. faith or failed?
11. heart to heart
12. the other side
13. pleasing a storm
14. mr. brightside
15. laughter in the tombs
16. always
17. our little team
18. no touchy please
19. i'm poison
20. time for murder punks!
21. what an idiot
22. the girls are here
23. the cure and the key
24. but a mother never forgets
25. please don't tell them
26. the way i loved you
27. she is not one of us
28. gladers sticks together
29. omg they are roommates
30. the island of remembrance
31. the room of the past
32. it is wednesday my dudes
33. a maroon date
34. the breaking point
35. the girls became bakers
36. hush baby, don't you cry
37. all of you, all of me. intertwined.
38. are you ready for it?
39. minho and the last city.
40. asses getting rescued
41. okay, time to be serious
42. it's just thรจrรจse
43. the last city
44. wait- he's alive! he's alive?
45. please don't be in love with someone else
46. she's gone too far this time
48. good ol' boys
49. novalunosis
50. the not so happy reunion
51. he's my brother
52. if we survived the great war
53. the things we lost in the fire
54. the fall of the queen
55. for all to rise, one must fall
56. find the truth and get us home
57. mother, i'm coming home
58. you're my hero, and i love you
59. lights will guide you home
60. just trust me, you'll be fine
61. this is the start of how it all ends

47. two by two

18 2 0
By vneryx

"No. There has to be another way."

Thomas shook his head sternly, pacing back and forth in the room that they were in — the A-team and Gally — watched him aggravatingly. He scratch his chin with his fingers while trying to ignore his sisters fighting.

Vicky stayed silent from besides Bea and Prim, barely shaking her head while playing with her fingers. It had been three days since Gally had shown Nancy, Newt and Thomas the city and since then, they had been strategizing a plan to get everyone back, again. They had one - which is Teresa who'd Gally showed Nancy, Newt and Thomas back at the top of the walls.

And about Thèrèse, Nancy knew it would be wrong to keep it as a secret in-between all of them, but she can't just told them what she saw about Thèrèse. Especially, Bea.

"Like what?" said Gally, with an exasperating sighs. "You've seen the building. She is our only way in."

Teresa.

"You really think she's gonna help us?" Thomas said, slightly narrowed his eyebrows at Gally.

Gally scoffs while Vicky simultaneously glared up through Thomas' skull, he didn't noticed it of course, too busy worrying about his little mistress. "I don't plan on asking her permission." Gally said dryly, locking eyes with Vicky.

"I told you we just nab her." Nancy muttered, picking at her nubs called fingernails.

"Not helping, darling." Thomas respond, not even giving her a glance.

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda added, having an amused but appalled expression on her face. "This is the same girl who betrayed us. Correct? Same dick?" At this, Prim looked up at her, trying to copied the same word.

Vivian was about to scold her when, "I like her." Gally hummed, jabbing his finger at Brenda.

"Yes Brenda, the love of my life, the same girl." Bea inhales tiredly but still filled with sarcasm, her eyes not leaving Prim as she played shortly with the young girl. "I like her too." Gally scoffs, to which Bea shot him gleefully smirk. Brenda throws her a side look before moving her eyes back at Thomas.

"What's going on, kid? Is there a problem?" asked Vivian firmly, who's next to Jorge, placing both her hands on the table as the entire time she's in the room was when she's standing, pacing back and forth just like Bea's idiotic brother.

"Yeah, Thomas. Is there a problem?" Vicky questions sarcastically, her head perking up. The group was surprised she even speaks since the beginning of the meeting, but let it go anyway.

"I'd like to know that too." said Nancy, throaty. Thomas unexpectedly met his girlfriend's eyes, who's glaring at him, but slowly moved her eyes down. Thomas was so oblivious to it and it made Nancy's heart sink before her body slink back into the chair. "Sorry." she babbled, looking away insecurely.

A silence clouded over the room like a rain cloud, tension palpable. Prim was 12 for god's sake, she's not a child anymore and nearly a teenager. But still, Prim wasn't allowed to be in this kind of situation.

Prim glanced up nervously at the tension, playing with Bea's CDs that she brought back from home. Speaking of which, Bea hadn't spoken from the moment they'd arrived the place Gally had kidnapped them. (except for some sarcasm, but normal conversation.. no.) Maybe there's something's wrong with her too...

"What you're afraid your little girlfriend's going to get hurt? huh?" Newt spoke throaty, filled with venom, double-checking Thomas. "W-what are you talking about?" Thomas questions, his head moving a little to the side, staring at Newt.

"This has obviously never been about rescuing Minho? Has it?" Newt muttered, however the anger still lingering in his tone. Nancy looks at Newt pleadingly, "What is he's talking about Tommy?"

"Teresa and Thomas has some sort of relationship back in the maze, well before the maze as well. Am I right?" Newt said, sadly mocking towards Nancy before glaring through Thomas.

"Newt?" Thomas mumbled, feeling Nancy's disappointed stare into him.

"Teresa." Newt snapped quietly, his body now standing to face to face with him. "Thèrèse and her are the only reason Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally the opportunity to get him back and what? You don't want to because of her? Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it." Newt's jaw clenched.

"Well, Don't I feel loved?" Nancy's muscle jaw moved to the side, her eyes froze to the ground.

"Nancy, I-" Thomas muttered, trying to meet Nancy's eyes.

"DON'T LIE TO HER. Don't, lie to her!" Newt roughly shoved him to the wall by his collar, his teeth gritting when he started yelling.

Horrified and gasps sounded quietly in the room. Vivian steps protectively, concern about both Thomas and Newt. Vicky, who's bored to even hear the conversation is now perked up in interest, she recognised that anger. Bea kept playing with Prim, nervously telling her everything's alright.

"Newt." Nancy called softly, but somewhere in her tone sounds stern and harsh as if a mother scolded her child.

At the sound of his sister called him, Newt somehow leave his trance, the blonde stepping away. "I'm sorry." Vicky's eyes widening in realisation, before she looked down, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry." He turned around, looking at everyone before his eyes stops on Nancy. "I'm sorry." He quickly walked out, his hands gripping his arm, feeling everyone's stares on him. Nancy sighs, picking up on what's happening before her eyes moved to Vicky, "Is there anything you'd like to share with the class?" Nancy spoke sarcastically, she knew Vicky knows something.

Now, all the attentions on Vicky. The redhead stared at her mother nervously before she met Nancy's intense gaze, "I'm sorry, Nancy. He might.. not be immune to the virus." Vicky said so slowly and softly, before looking away in sadness. Nancy's features softened, before walking out, ignoring Thomas' calls. As both Nancy and Newt walked out, Vivian steps towards Thomas in the background, scolding him a little while asking if he's okay.

"I'm your twin, You're my twin." Nancy called, remembering the song their mother used to sing to them after they got into a fight. "We stick together through thick and thin." Her voice somehow echoed as she took steps up the stairs, looking for Newt. "No matter what I do, I'm always stuck with you." Nancy roll her eyes at the memories, walking through the stairs.

"And if trouble comes our way, I know my twin will save the day. Wherever you may be, you're always stuck with me. When you're feeling sad and blue. Call my name, and I'll find you. We have our bond that's tied and true." Nancy closed closed eyes, smiling sweetly when she finally saw Newt's figure on top of the rooftop, his legs dangling.

"You and me, me and you." Newt starts to roll his eyes and groans softly at the song, him somehow remembered the nostalgia. "Two by two." She finished, smiling gleefully at her brother, before stumbling due to her stuck prosthetic leg.

Newt snickers, now feeling a bit better. "You still remembered that lame song Mum used to sing after we fought?" Newt snorts sarcastically, feeling Nancy take a seat besides him, leg crossed.

Nancy scoffs softly, "Of course I do, I still remembered your whiny, grumpy face when you broke Mum's favourite vase. I wondered how Sonya never got Mum's mad at her?" Nancy said, gripping her one ankle, her prosthetic leg raising up.

"Because she's the angel in the house. Never do any wrong." Newt's eyes lazily closed at the thought of Sonya always laughing in the background while the Twins got scolded. "Yes, yet she's the one who patched up our scars." Nancy sighs, tilting her head to the side. Newt nodded at her, silence surrounding them for a while.

"So, what's up with you? What happened back there? You're going to talk about that to me?" Nancy asked gently, however her tone is pressed, like she's ordering him to tell her.

"Yea- uh- sorry, I guess.. I couldn't hide this anymore." Newt sighs, looking up above before rolling his sleeves to show it to his twin.

Black and purple veins disgustingly crawled further into his skin.

Nancy frowns at the sight, feeling tears building up in her eyes. Nancy shakes her head slowly, turning away from him, whispering the word "no." repeatedly. Newt immediately bring his sister in his arms, Nancy's tears falling down as sobs left her lips. Her heart aching, burning through her chest, spreading down her stomach that makes her feel uncomfortable.

"No.." She whimpers, shaking her head. Newt shh-ed her softly, running his hand behind her back gently. "Why didn't you tell me?" Her voice muffled, before she collects herself, wiping away her tears.

"Didn't think it would make any difference." He said, pulling away from the hug. "You're going to be okay, right?" Nancy breaths out in questions, a tear falling down her eye.

"I- I don't know.. Apparently, I'm not immune like you." Newt sighs, now understanding how Vicky feels. "We- we'll figure something out. We- we can still fix this." She stuttered out the words, her eyes desperately moved to the ground, her arms dropped lazily.

"Don't worry about me," he told her. "This is about Minho. And he needs us, so if there even a slightest chance, that we can save him. We can get him out there, then we have to take that." Newt paused, to wipe away his twin tears. "No matter what the cost."

"But I can't loose you.." Nancy sighs tiredly, what if she never laughs or scowled because of him again? "Okay? I need you.. don't you remember the song? We stick together through thick and thin." She closed her eyes before opening it again.

Newt brings her into a hug, "We'll figure something out.." He nodded, wrapping his arms around her while they stayed there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 360 25
"Who do we have here?" Quaritch asked and looked at his son. "Look, 5 fingers, 4 fingers, they half-breed." someone from his team said. "Shit." Spide...
37.4K 1.1K 14
๐Œ๐€๐†๐„๐๐“๐€ ๐„๐˜๐„๐’, It was scary how far she would go to protect them. the lengths she would take to keep them safe. no matter the cost she kn...
1.5K 42 13
"๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐€๐˜ ๐Ž๐… ๐–๐€๐“๐„๐‘ ๐‡๐€๐’ ๐๐Ž ๐๐„๐†๐ˆ๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐Ž ๐„๐๐ƒ"- ๐“๐’๐ˆ๐‘๐„๐˜๐€ ๐Ž๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฉ๐š๐ง๐๐จ๐ซ...