Penance - Uncovering the trut...

By Galena_4u

For those who have read The Inheritance Games book series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, in The Final Gambit book... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85

Chapter 3

515 13 0
By Galena_4u

Grayson had been assigned a digital photography project in his IT class, and much to his dismay, he was paired with someone named Alison Emrys who was nowhere to be seen.

He had already formed an opinion about her - unreliable and probably not worth his time.  Yet, he felt compelled to search for this 'Alison Emrys' as another means of distracting himself from...things.

Grayson scoured the entire school, checking classrooms, dormitories, and even social media platforms, but there was no trace of an  'Alison Emrys'. He was beginning to think that she didn't exist, which wouldn't have been so bad for him. But then he remembered the one place he hadn't checked yet - the rooftop garden.

Grayson found the rooftop garden, his heart racing as he climbed the stairs two at a time. He had heard rumours about the abandon rooftop garden, but he never imagined it would be this breathtaking (literally).

As he pushed open the door, he expected to find an abandoned wasteland, but instead, he was greeted by blooming flowers, specifically roses. The air was filled with the scent of fresh roses.

As he explored the garden, Grayson heard a voice behind him. "I was wondering when you would find me." Startled, he spun around to find no one there. Was he losing it again?

"Up here," the voice came from above him.  Grayson looked up to see a girl, no older than him, hanging down from a tree.  "My name is Alison Emrys," she grinned.

Alison had black hair that was tied up in a messy bun, and her deep blue eyes were framed by a skinny face with prominent cheekbones, as if she hadn't been eating for days.

"This is the part where you say your name," she whispered to Grayson.

Although Grayson was feeling frustrated, it may not have been apparent to someone else. He cleared his throat and responded in a short, terse manner, "My name is Grayson. Grayson Davenport Hawthorne."

He then scoffed and warned Alison, "And you really shouldn't be up there. It's not safe. You could seriously hurt yourself if you fall."

In truth, Grayson couldn't care less if Alison fell. It might even make things easier for him.

He had to admit that finding Alison was more challenging than he had anticipated. It reminded him of  playing hide-and-seek with his brothers, a game that could go on for days or even weeks. 

Alison simply laughed and swung down from the tree, landing gracefully on her feet.

She brushed off her hands and extended her arm for a shake. "I'm not as fragile as I look, Grayson Hawthorne," she said with a smile. But Grayson couldn't help but notice the contradiction in her smile. Her lips formed a genuinely happy expression, but her eyes told a different story. There was a hint of sadness behind them.

Not wanting to pry, Grayson followed suit with the handshake, the tension in his arm noticeable. "I'm looking forward to working with you," he replied, returning her smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 1.6K 25
"With you I'd dance in a storm, in my best dress. Fearless" I told him. Grayson Davenport Hawthorne only stared at me with his piercing, grey eyes. "...
4.6M 95.8K 77
COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a possible Vice President's son. Sloane Be...
965 24 8
!𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐏π₯𝐚𝐲𝐒𝐧𝐠: π‹πŽπ•π„ 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐒! [𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐒𝐬]: In which! Verity Rosewood is asked to go back to the place she spent y...