More Than Human

By snapple714

Unbeknownst to each other, Soap and Ghost's first thought upon meeting the other were exactly the same. "What... More

Chapter 1: What a Strange Smell
Chapter 2: To Kiss Fire and Water
Chapter 3: Bedtime Gossip
Chapter 4: I Know Her
Chapter 5: The Sight
Chapter 6: Another Way to Feed
Chapter 7: To Satiate a Beast
Chapter 8: Only Tame For Him
Chapter 9: Betrayal
Chapter 10: What Are The Rules?
Chapter 11: A Wolf's Weakness
Chapter 12: You Want Me?
Chapter 13: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 14: A Walk in the Woods
Chapter 15: Rescue
Chapter 16: A Goat and A Fish
Chapter 17: The Proper Way
Chapter 18: Grew Him Myself
Chapter 19: A Video Call
Chapter 20: My Brother
Chapter 21: A Tank to A Gun Fight
Chapter 22: Something Like That
Chapter 23: A Little Messy
Chapter 24: Something You Want
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: More Than You
Chapter 28: All My Tricks
Chapter 29: Extra Quirky
Chapter 30: Fetch
Chapter 31: Day Drinking
Chapter 32: Cozy Beast
Chapter 33: Call Me Yours
Chapter 34: Back to Sleep
Chapter 35: So Familiar
Chapter 36: That Head of His
Chapter 37: Can We Go?
Chapter 38: On the Road Again
Chapter 39: I'd Like to Remember
Chapter 40: Keep Him Safe
Chapter 41: Why I'm Called Ghost
Chapter 42: Sleeping On It
Chapter 43: Mama
Chapter 44: The Basement
Chapter 45: Care
Chapter 46: The Good Parts
Chapter 47: A Hole in A Tree
Chapter 48: What Sort of Brother?
Chapter 49: Subjects 24
Chapter 50: Trappers
Chapter 51: Monsters and Love
Chapter 52: An Old Friend
Chapter 53: Life in Captivity
Chapter 54: It Dwells in the Lake
Chapter 55: Light Turned Off
Chapter 56: Okay Now
Chapter 57: Medical Jargon
Chapter 58: Found You
Chapter 59: Homeward Bound
Chapter 60: Little Friend
Chapter 61: Precious
Chapter 62: Underwater Playmate
Chapter 63: Family Breakfast
Chapter 64: It's Me and You
Chapter 65: Reunions
Chapter 66: One Step Back
Chapter 67: Have Your Fun
Chapter 68: Chaining Flowers
Chapter 69: Red Ball
Chapter 70: You're Blossoming
Chapter 71: All Bodies Change
Chapter 72: Fatherly Woes
Chapter 73: A Budding Romance
Chapter 74: A Harpy's Wisdom
Chapter 75: Family Introductions
Chapter 76: Shovel Talk
Chapter 77: The Griffin
Chapter 78: Getting Together
Chapter 79: Pretty Tree
Chapter 80: Right With The World
Chapter 81: A Crash
Chapter 82: Investigation and Intel
Chapter 83: Not Going Anywhere
Chapter 84: The Calm
Chapter 85: The Storm: Part 1
Chapter 86: The Storm: Part 2
Chapter 87: The Storm: Part 3
Chapter 88: Waking a Vampire
Chapter 89: My Ocean
Chapter 90: I'm Yours
Chapter 91: Safe
Chapter 92: Comfortable
Chapter 94: Peace in the Garden
Chapter 95: An Unlikely Pair
Chapter 96: Speculation
Chapter 97: Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 98: A Griffin's Heart
Chapter 99: Family Holiday
Chapter 100: A New Purpose

Chapter 93: Speaking the Words Aloud

5 0 0
By snapple714

"Are you still sore?"

"Only a little. I think being thrown to the ground that hard'll fuck up anyone." Ghost told Soap after letting out a bit of a grunt when he stood up from the bed.

Soap hummed, "You hungry?"

"No." Ghost said firmly, "You fed me more than enough the other day."

"Wasn't sure if you had run through it all with yer healing." He commented a bit sheepishly.

"I'm plenty full still, Johnny." He held out an arm toward him, "Feel. Nice and warm."

Soap gave another little hum before looking back up at him, eyes meeting his imploringly, "But you'll still tell me when ya get hungry, won't ya? Yer not gonna go back to how it was before?"

Ghost swallowed, "I'm not sure, Johnny. I don't want to get carried away again."

"You won't!" Soap insisted, "Please don't keep taking steps away from me."

"I'm not." Ghost chewed at his lip beneath his balaclava.

"Aye, ya are. We were in a good place before. But after I woke up in the hospital... I'm just worried that you might not want me anymore. I dinnae want ya staying with me out of pity. All or nothing, Simon. Please." Soap sounded miserable.

Simon crooned and stepped back toward the bed to embrace the werewolf again.

Ghost felt guilty to no end. Johnny wasn't trying to guilt trip him in any way, shape, or form. His Johnny was a sensitive soul and wore his heart out on his sleeve. In Ghost's fear of hurting Soap and briefly attempting to push him away at the hospital, he had really hurt him. Not just in the moment, but there had been some lasting effects. He had severely damaged his sergeant's confidence. He now had a little voice in the back of his head, whispering that Simon didn't really want him, that he only stayed with him out of pity. That hadn't been Ghost's intention in the slightest, but this is what he got for not thinking about the possible fallout of his actions.

He was having to do damage control now.

He cradled his head, "I want you, Johnny. I promise I do. I didn't mean to make you doubt that. I fucked up. I'm so sorry, my love."

Soap made a little noise in his throat, "I'm sorry. I don't mean to seem like an emotionally manipulative asshole with all of this."

Ghost shook his head, "Explaining how my words and actions made you feel isn't manipulative, Puppy. It's honest."

"Okay." Soap only sounded half convinced.

Ghost just held him for a moment before the man continued.

"So... will you tell me when yer hungry?"

Ghost drew in a slow breath and released it, "You'd like me to?"

Soap nodded, "More than anything. I want you, Si. All of you. And that includes everything that comes with ya. I love it all, Simon. I..." He swallowed hard, momentarily letting his mind run wild, making an important decision of if he should actually say this, "I love you, Simon."

Ghost sucked in a sharp breath. He called Soap, Love and Lovely, quite frequently, but he had never said those three little words strung together. Neither had Soap until right then. The closest they had gotten was when Roach had casually told him that Soap loved him. Ghost knew Roach was probably right, the man usually was. The very idea had made his heart soar, and now it was more than a theory or speculation, it was a fact. Soap had said it.

"And imnae just sayin' that either." Soap doubled down, "I fucking love you, Simon Riley."

"Me too." Ghost said, instant blushing beneath the mask in embarrassment, "That is... not me, or no... I mean, I do, but not about me..."

Soap giggled and buried his face into Ghost's shoulder, "It's alright, Simon. You don't have to sound all poetic. You dinnae even have to say it out loud."

Ghost cradled the back of his head and flipped them back onto the mattress. Holding Soap tight against him. Their warmth and scents melded together and was intoxicating. Ghost breathed in deeply at his hair before pressing a few kisses into that stupid mohawk.

"I love you too."

He felt Soap suck in a deep breath against him before burrowing even closer and making a little sob in his chest.

Ghost held him ever tighter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1.8K 43
You look so pretty when you're scared... Keep your eyes on me. Only me. Good girl... Lets make a deal. This is A Ghost x FemaleCharacter FanFic! Plea...
52.1K 407 30
COLLAB WITH @hotwheels_1958 I was inspired by an rp with my friend so I hope you guys enjoy this even tho I have no clue if anyone will read this :)...
27K 517 19
you were a 15 year old girl wandering the streets of a closed off city , you were looking for a place toCamp out for the night since you had nowhere...
152K 5K 38
FAIR WARNING: I am in the process of editing and rewriting chapters to flow more smoothly. This is a homosexual Call of Duty Modern Warfare fanfictio...