Woke Up In A New Decade

By Angelodude

Astrid Hoffmann was born in West Germany. It was 1987 and she was helping people get past the wall until the... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Epilogue

prologue

209 3 7
By Angelodude

Note: in case you did not see, the cover was made by @Samia_V

WEST GERMANY, SEPTEMBER 1987

As the lady jumped into my arms I realized the time. The sun was setting over the city of Berlin quite quickly. Nobody else seemed to call for help near the wall so I dashed off. Making the trip home desperately. I walked through the cemetery, a quicker way to my house when I tripped over something.

My hands reached around for the object to see a necklace. It had a beautiful blue diamond inside of it. Luckily, it wasn't covered in mud. Whoever left it here will search tomorrow, it's a bit late to search now. I reckoned I'd help people find it. I got up off the slippery mud from the rain earlier and sprinted off.

I turned the corner to my house and unlocked the door, locking it behind me. My throat was dry as I called out. "Hello? Margo I'm home." I said, though it sounded more of a question. I turned to the living room to see nobody, then the kitchen. She wasn't there. My heart started thudding in my chest.

"Margo?" I yelled, more desperate this time. I had already slipped my shoes off and I rushed up the creaky stairs. Nobody was in the hallway. I looked in the bathroom and nobody was there. I used my back to open the door to my room. Margo laid in the bed.

"Margo!" I yelled. She had no reply, my voice dropped slightly, I jumped on her bed and crawled in front of her. "Margo??" I asked, I felt tears prick in my eyes as I said it. Suddenly, Margo rose and screamed Boo!

"HOLY SHIT!" I fell backwards off her bed and onto the cold tiles. Margo began laughing hysterically at me. "Bloody hell Margo, don't scare me like that." Margo rolled her eyes.

"You honestly thought I was dead? No! I was playing a trick on you." Margo grinned as she sat up in bed. I jumped on her bed and grinned evilly.

"The tickle monsters here to eat you!" I hissed and she screamed as I tickled her. She laughed hard and so did I. Margo then yawned.

"Alright you, bed." Margo frowned.

"But Astrid!" Margo whined. I shook my head.

"Margo. Sleep. I'll see you in the morning, alright? You can come to Berlin Wall with me." Margo perked up.

"I can?!" She yelled. I crossed my arms.

"If you sleep, it's late. Love you." I turned off the lights as Margo laid down her head on the pillow I cleaned for her.

"Night." She said and i shut the door. I walked to the bathroom and got ready, I decided to put the necklace on and do my teeth. I slipped in my room, shut the door and fell asleep.

ST PETERSBURG, RUSSIAN EMPIRE SEPTEMBER 1912

When I woke up, a bright light was in my face, I couldn't see. It must've been Margo coming to awake me, but I felt stiff. "What the fuck.." I muttered. Suddenly, I heard a gasp.

"Mama! Papa!" A female voice yelled out and I heard doors slam open and shut. My eyes adjusted to the light and I sat up in bed. I was in a room I didn't recongize. The walls seemed plain and covered in beautiful portraits and I was in a bed I didn't know. There was many bandages on the table next to me. My brain started looping around as questions filled my brain.

The doors swung open as two girls came through. The girl on the left was tall, slender, and elegant. She had dark auburn hair, and wide-apart, light-brown eyes, that gave her a poetic far-away look. She wore a beautiful dress. The girl on the right had chestnut-blonde hair, bright blue eyes, a broad face, and an upturned nose. She was fair and tall and also wore a dress. They dressed alike but didn't look it.

"Oh my goodness! Nastya wasn't lying!" The girl with auburn hair said. Tears filled her eyes as she and the chestnut blond haired girl ran out to find that 'Nastya.' I had no idea what was happening, another girl appeared. She had light brown hair and large blue eyes, and was tall and well-built, with rosy cheeks. Her eyes was soft and gentle. She looked like the chestnut blond hair girl but all on a more vivid scale. She had the same charming smile, the same shape of face and both had magnificent eyes, however this girls eyes were a majestic deep blue. Her hair also had golden bits in.

"Sorry, they're just a bit shocked to see you awake, Astrid." The girl apologized.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" I hissed as I slid backwards in the bed. The girls face dropped as she looked at me.

"They didn't say you'd have amnesia." She recalled and ran out, I was left alone and then they came back again.

"I'm telling you! She has no idea who or where she is! She can't even remember any of us!" I heard the girl who had just ran of say. They walked through the door. My mouth dropped open when I saw who it was.

It was Tsar Nicholas the second and his wife, Alexandra. I dropped the the floor noticing my change of outfit from my pjs to a white gown and I clasped my hands together begging for forgiveness. "I'm so sorry your imperial highnesses! I will be leaving! Please forgive me your Imperial Majesties!"

I stood up and felt my feet on the cold floor, I went to walk when the Tsarina spoke. "Where are you going dear?" She asked me, I turned back and stopped. My face reddened slightly and I answered as polite as I could. "To go home, your majesty." I replied. The Tsarina looked hurt at my words, she looked over at the girl with blue eyes.. that's Maria.. "Maria and Anna, go get Dr Botkin and apologize for the inconvenience." The Tsarina ordered. I was probably dreaming, these guys were probably executed like 69 years ago.

The odd sound of the Tsarina's sobbing filled the room full of confused looking royals. I scratched my head. I sat down. After a few minutes, Anna and Maria came back with a round man. Maria and her siblings were beckoned out and they did leave. "Your majesty, I'm sorry for not coming in the proper attire, I had to come as soon as I heard this." The Tsar excused him And explained the problem. The round man came up to me as I looked at him. I knew how to defend myself and fight. I could beat him up. "Hello." He said. I didn't reply as he took a notebook and pencil and began questioning me.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Botkin, what's your name?" He said. I didn't pay too much attention. "Umm. My names Astrid Hoffmann-Alexandrovna if that helps." My parents are divorced and neither live with me and Margo. I usually say Hoffmann though. "Where do you come from?" He asked. I stopped looking around. Then I got an idea, if I was dreaming I couldn't pinch myself! I pinched myself and felt pain. My eyes filled with water and I started to cry. "No no! Where's Margo! My little sister! How is this possible!"

I saw the Grand Duchesses and Alexei appear again. The Tsar turned to them. "You five leave now." The Tsar ordered. Tatiana frowned and shook her head. "I'm seeing her now!" She decided. The Tsar looked angry. "She is the state of no visitors." He replied and grabbed Tatiana and pulled her away. The rest scattered as Tatiana was closed out of the room.

"How old are you?" The doctor asked. I sniffed and looked at him. "I'm twelve." I replied, he nodded. He scribbled it down. "And where are you from?" He asked. I looked at him and gulped. "West Germany.." he looked oddly at me. "Germany." I corrected myself. He sighed and looked at me.

"I'm sorry but, you don't have a sister called Margo, it's not 1987 and you are a Grand Duchess." The doctor broke the news to me. I sat huddled as he and the Tsar and Tsarina left, the Tsarina sobbed on her husbands shoulder as they left.

Where was Margo? And why am I in 1912.. if this is a prank from Margo and she got really cool actors it needs to stop. I am about to pee myself, please Margo.. stop this prank if it really is one. I can't take it anymore... please...

———

This is what Astrid looks like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 434 12
(RUSAME/COMPLETED) Russia walked the empty halls of the early morning. Pondering what he just did. He took someone's life... But he didn't feel guilt...
To The End With You By -

Historical Fiction

73.8K 2K 65
***PLEASE DO NOT COPY THE BOOK IN ANYWAY "We have similar ones too."Olga uttered showing her hand. It was the same as mine but it had her initials an...
25.1K 807 15
❝So violently do I know the world...❞ ────── Irina Ilyina has faced adversity countlessly, yet somehow an erratic heart in the presence of an old fr...
146K 2.4K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 〤In editing process, first book, revamping in progress〤 ❝ 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐿𝒾𝓀...