Formula One Reader Insert

By shereadsf1

PLEASE NOTE THIS STORY IS CLASSED AS MATURE ON THE BASIS OF CONTENT. TRIGGER WARNING ARE LABELLED BEFORE A CH... More

Daniel Ricciardo; Cheers!
Carlos Sainz Jr; Wait a minute...
Mick Schumacher; A Warm Winter's Day.
George Russell; Taking Time.
Sebastian Vettel; Lost Time.
Mick Schumacher; Say No More.
Lando Norris; Stormy Night.
George Russell; PR Fun.
Sebastian Vettel; I...
Carlos Sainz Jr; What was that?!
Daniel Ricciardo; Wait, me?
Pierre Gasly; Say It Aint So...
Charles Leclerc; A Dance.
Pierre Gasly; Our Last Summer.
Mick Schumacher; Lay All Your Love On Me.
Charles Leclerc; Slipping Through My Fingers.
Daniel Ricciardo; Money, Money, Money.
Lando Norris; Does Your Mother Know?
George Russell; Angel Eyes.
Carlos Sainz Jr; Fernando.
Carlos Sainz Jr; Please, Rescue Me.
Charles Leclerc; Say You Love Me.
Pierre Gasly; Tailored For You.
George Russell; Need A Hand?
Mick Schumacher; Come Back Here!
Esteban Ocon; Vamanos!
Lance Stroll; For Me?
Daniel Ricciardo; Your Wish.
Esteban Ocon; Weather Warning.
Lance Stroll; Make Do.
Lando Norris; Stuck on You.
George Russell; Good Old Days.
Pierre Gasly; Uncertain Times.
Carlos Sainz Jr; Piece of Cake.
Mick Schumacher; Leaving Do.
Daniel Ricciardo; Matching.
INTERLUDE
Mick Schumacher; Kinderpunsch.
Lando Norris; Wrapping Up.
Esteban Ocon; A Very Special Gift.
Charles Leclerc; Flowers? I said Flour!
George Russell; Stunning.
Carlos Sainz Jr; Our Moment.
Author's Note
Charles Leclerc; Big Deal.
Mick Schumacher; Imagination.
Lance Stroll; In a Spin.
Pierre Gasly; Just Like Before.
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT
UPDATE ON RESPONSE!!
Max Verstappen; On and Off.
Mick Schumacher; The Outlier.
Charles Leclerc; Consolation.
Pierre Gasly; You're Coming With Me.
Lance Stroll; First Date... Again.
Charles Leclerc; Just Us.
Daniel Ricciardo; Baby, Surprise...
Mick Schumacher; Prince and Pauper.
INTERVAL
Lando Norris; You Caught Me.
Daniel Ricciardo; You're Safe.
INTERVAL 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
INTERVAL 3: Well, f******k
INTERLUDE 4: These Will Go Eventually
Oscar Piastri; Advent Adventures.
Logan Sargeant; Yule Tide.
Carlos Sainz; My, what a big box!
ANOTHER NOTE IM SORRY
update
Charles Leclerc; One More Time.
a note to the world
Variety; The Reveal.
Daniel Ricciardo; Heartbreak Anniversary.
Sebastian Vettel; Like Home.
FEEDBACK TIME

Daniel Ricciardo; Make Believe.

1.4K 18 9
By shereadsf1

Just wanna quickly say a big thank you for the love on the last two chapters. I'm aware they came out in quick succession, so please do not think that this will happen often!! I'm just in the swing of writing and I'm really loving what I'm doing because you're all loving it as much💜

Btw, there is a BIG sibling age gap, like 19 years so the reader is a match for Danny's age

LMAO DIDNT KNOW DAVID AND KAREN SPLIT THIS WAS WRITTEN BEFORE I DISCOVERED THAT.

Also thank you to the reader who thought I was German, I actually think that is the biggest compliment I have EVER been given I am so sorry I cannot remember your username but please let me tell you I adore you

I = Initial
---------------------------------

"Of course I'll come to the renewal!" (Y/N) said to her friend Karen, who was married to her brother David.

"Are you sure it's okay that you're not part of the bridal party?" Karen asked, watching as (Y/N) grinned brightly at her.

"I'm busy with everything, I'm back to managing Danny! That's enough work by itself!" (Y/N) said with a laugh, pulling a few loose strands of (H/C) hair from her face. "Trust me, you'll be busy enough making sure my idiot big brother doesn't implode."

"I couldn't wait to be a Coulthard, I must admit." Karen quietly said, turning her attention to DC and DR doing ridiculous moves in front of a camera. "However..." She trailed off in thought as she watched her husband dance like an utter prat.

"Unfortunately, we're all like that!" (Y/N) teased as David came over and took a seat, leaving Daniel in front of the green screen.

"I'm sorry you're not in the wedding party, hen. I know it's very last minute too with the season and all, but Monaco is so hard to get married in, the only option is next weekend." David said, watching his sister squeeze his hand.

"Daveyboy, I am glad that it's still the race gap. I'll be able to make it!" (Y/N) said, casting her eyes over to Danny.

"Are you bringing that secret man of yours with you?" The elder Coulthard teased, catching (Y/N) in her intricate web of lies.

"Why of course! No better time to meet my big brother than on his vow renewal day..." She said with a chuckle, hiding her nerves around it. After several months of weekly questioning about whether she had a partner, if she had been seeing anyone of if she wanted a blind date, (Y/N) lied and said she had a boyfriend, lying through her teeth and using Daniel as the basis for her image, telling her family that she had been seeing someone who made her happier than ever.

"Hey, where's my invite?" Danny said as he jogged over and dropped into the seat, grinning as he pulled down the zip of the racesuit and shimmied it off his shoulders. He turned to his PR manager and grinned, taking her hand and holding it against his chest. "Can I be your plus one? Unless the mystery man is coming." He teased, watching her flush pink.

"He is coming, thank you very much!" She protested, taking her hand back and crossing her arms. Daniel knew the truth, helping pose in photos in plain clothes, tattoos and rings hidden.

"What's his name again?" Karen asked, twirling some strands of her hair.

"His name is Donny." (Y/N) lied through her teeth.

"Hmm... I don't like the guy already." David said, holding Karen's hand.

"Give him a chance, he might surprise you. He still surprises me, he sent me flowers the other day." (Y/N) snowballed the lie, her false smile apparently deceptive enough to look truthful. In reality, it was Daniel who sent her the flowers as a thank you for helping him back into Red Bull life.

"Look, you're my baby sister by a good chunk. There isn't a guy out there who is good enough for you!" David argued, watching as Dan gasped.

"Wow, you hurt me, DC! Wounded I say! Where's Mark? He'll defend my honour!" He said, being dramatic as always. The table laughed at him and it wasn't long until he was called back to set.

"I approve of him, I'll tell you that now." David said, watching as his sister rolled her (E/C) eyed.

"Okay, Dave." She said, watching Daniel as she thought about how she was going to dig herself out the hole she buried herself in. Soon enough, the shoot ended and it was time for Daniel to finish for the day, which meant it was his turn to pay for dinner as (Y/N) did the previous week.

"I can't believe their renewal is next week..." Daniel mumbled as they walked towards his McLaren.

"Yup, and I have no idea who the fuck I'm gonna ask to be my boyfriend for this." (Y/N) said as she slung her bag in the boot and threw herself into the car, resting her head against the dashboard.

"You Coulthards are mean!" He cried, settling into the driver's seat. "Look, I'll go with you. We'll pretend it was an elaborate ruse and say that we've been dating since you mention seeing something but were scared to tell him because he's like a Scottish wild cat."

"I can't ask you to do that, Danny. You're busy and you got out of a relationship a short while ago." (Y/N) said, conscious about the media repercussions of this.

"I'm offering. Besides, I've been single for months now! We're practically dating; we go out for dinner, to the cinema, we sleep in the same bed sometimes, we cuddle, need I go on?"

"I guess you have a point..." She mumbled, leaning back in her seat before pulling her belt on. Daniel climbed out of the car and ran to her side, opening the door and getting on one knee. "What are you doing, you spanner?"

"I'm proposing to you, peaches!" He said with his beautiful bright grin as he opened the glove box and pulled out a hard candy ring. "Will you make me the happiest man in this car park and agree for me to be your fake boyfriend for your brother's very real wedding?" He said, taking the wrapper off and holding it up to her, grabbing her hand ready to slip it on.

"Oh my god..." She said in a befuddled mumble. "Yes, of course, I'll let you be that for me!" She said in an Oscar worthy performance. She laughed loudly as he slipped the rock candy on her finger, immediately licking. "You know me too well, Danny Ric. I love orange flavours!" She gave it a quick lick before slipping it off and rewrapping it for later.

"I know how to treat you, babe!" He said with a wink, a flush rising under (Y/N)'s skin as she tried to swallow the feelings she had for her chauffeur. He climbed back into the driver's seat and turned the key in the ignition, putting his foot on the throttle to feel the revs beneath. "Let's do dinner and late night shopping in Midsummer Place, we'll find a matching suit and dress I'm sure."

"You're gonna drive this car into the centre of Milton Keynes?" She rhetorically asked, quirking a brow in confusion as Dan booted it to join Watling Street and drove them to the centre, which was about ten minutes away. Once they had parked, they immediately headed to the centre courtyard and to the shops, (Y/N) wanting to choose a simple outfit for the event.

"Mr. Ricciardo!" Someone called from inside the store, revealing Terrence. Terrance was an old acquaintance of Daniel's from the early days at Toro Rosso. "How wonderful to see you again, good sir." He said, shaking the Aussie's hand with a firm grip.

"Terry, please! You can just call me Daniel like the old days!" He said with a laugh, seeing his old acquaintance grin. "I'm glad you're here actually." His honey eyes watched as (Y/N) went around and looked at the dresses in the shop. "The woman I'm with is David Coulthard's baby sister, and we're going to his vowel renewal next weekend in Monaco. Have you got anything for us to wear that matches?" Daniel said, almost desperately as the old gent thought about it.

A snap of the fingers came with a cheeky grin. "I know exactly what to do." And with that, (Y/N) was called over to meet them. "I hear you have a very important event coming up, is that so?"

"Indeed it is, Mr. Jacobs. My big brother has been married for ten years this year and they're renewing their vows so my darling nephew Dayton sees his parents have a happy day." She said simply, nervously chewing on the inside of her lip.

"I have some thoughts, but what are the colour pallets?" The older man asked, watching as (Y/N) pulled out the list.

"We are looking at marble white, navy blue, gold and a light grey." She said, running her thumb down the list to be sure of the colours. "David will be in our clan tartan with a black suit jacket, whereas Karen will be in an off-white, more than likely champagne, dress."

"Well, that to me says a deep blue and light grey tartan suit with gold thread interwoven sounds excellent." Terry said, whisking Daniel away to get him fitted in a suit. "Bethany! Can you come and fit Ms. Coulthard for a dress with a similar colour pallet?" From the back came a woman in her forties, hair slowly greying in a beautiful way.

"I know the perfect dress for you, darling. Follow me..." She said, ushering (Y/N) into a fitting room after grabbing the dress from the rail. The dress itself was a navy blue base with thin bands of gold thread sewn into the panels, alternated with almost charcoal grey millimetre wide strips. The dress itself was a sweetheart neckline with an asymmetric hem and slip on the right hand side. Once the dress was on, Bethany grabbed some plain gold jewellery from the shelves - the necklace had a simple heart shaped pendant, the ring was a simple band with clear quartz set into it and the bracelet matched the necklace.

She walked out to see Daniel in the mirror and it was like the air was sucked out of her lungs - she was breathless as she took in his lithe physique, combined with the most subtle yet stunning fabric that adorned his body and incorporated his ridiculous Let's Fuck ring. "Well, fuck me sideways." (Y/N) said, her inner Scotsman coming through.

"I would babe, but this suit is too good to ru--." He turned on his heel after adjusting his cuffs and looked up, his tongue practically lolling out of his mouth. "Well, fuck me please."

"You look so handsome in the suit, Daniel..." (Y/N) managed to get out, running her hand along his side for a better look at the shape.

"You're a stunner, an absolute beaut, you're bonza. I'd even go as far as deadly!" He gushed, pulling her on to the pedestal with him, holding her hand as he spun her around.

"Must you be so Australian all the time?" She asked, laughing as she leaned against him as her arm slipped around his. She felt the warmth of his hand cover hers as she leaned her head against him, finding herself within him. "We're gonna be the hottest pair there."

"No content." Daniel said in a low whisper, Terrence then came out with Bethany in tow as he clapped.

"Well, I think that this is possibly my finest work in fifty long years!" He said, laughing as an old man would.

"Do you still have my card details on file?" Daniel asked, watching as (Y/N) snapped to look up at him.

"Erm, excuse me? I'm paying for this, Dan!" She argued, slipping her arm out and crossing them over her chest.

"You're not, you don't get paid enough!" Daniel said as he slipped the Visa from the back of his phone and handed it to Bethany. "All the accessories too, please! She's gonna be the prettiest girl there and I want everyone to know how I treat my girl!" He continued with a cackle, seeing (Y/N)'s disapproving sneer.

"I'm buying dinner for the next thirty years then!" She cried out to no one, only further Daniel's laughing fit. Terrence ushered her to the changing room, soon doing the same with Daniel, the pair deciding that they would have the outfits delivered to the office and fly to Monaco from Heathrow airport on a private jet. Once Daniel had paid, they made a beeline for the food court, deciding that Italian would be the quickest dinner. The Ask Italian had secluded seats upstairs, essentially designed around having big names in, and they were promptly escorted upstairs and had their orders taken once ready, then sharing a bottle of red wine.

"So, why exactly did they want to renew their vows again?" Dan asked as he swilled the drink around in its chalice.

"Because Dayton wasn't there for it because he was at home sick with me, so it's just as much for me I guess?"

"Why did you miss your brother's wedding?"

"Because it was easier than asking for a child minder to come and look after a kid who can barely breathe without coughing his lungs up?" She said as if Daniel was aware of the circumstances. "He was always my little buddy, I was also only nineteen and David said that the only exceptions to the child-free aspect of the wedding would be us. The gap between me and Dayton is the gap between David and I, so it's really not much to me, y'know?"

"You're a good woman, (N/N). How hasn't someone snatched you up yet?" He asked in a soft voice.

"I haven't found the right partner yet, that's all..." She mumbled as her (Y/N) stared at the plate that was set in front of her, full to the brim with strands of pasta.

"Well, for at least one night, I'll be your partner, (N/N)." He said, reaching over the table and picking her head up, only to see a strand of spaghetti hanging out. "Really? You want our first kiss to be a Lady and The Tramp moment?" He joked, watching as her cheeks flushed pink. "If you insist, he leaned over the table and took the spaghetti strand between his teeth before soon inhaling it and meeting her lips.

(Y/N) squeaked, her hands dropping the utensils on the hardwood of the table as her teeth nipped at the strand of spaghetti... So the thought.

"Babe, that really hurt!" He said as he pulled away with a cackle, a gentle flush beneath his olive skin as his hand grabbed a napkin and pressed it against the little nick on his lip.

"Danny, I am so sorry!" She eked out, her hand covering her mouth as she hid a little grin. "That's what you get for surprising me like that!"

"Aww, that's not fair." He pouted, jutting his cut lip out. "Kiss it better."

"You cannot be serious." (Y/N) said as she buried her head in her hands.

"I fucking well am; you cut me, you kiss it better."

"You're as petulant as a three year old." She mumbled, looking up to meet his silly grin. "If you're being serious, tell me to move and I'll kiss you..." She bet, knowing that he couldn't have been serious about wanting another, less lucrative kiss.

"Get your arse on this bench and kiss me like you love me." He responded, his honey eyes glowing amber in the candle light in the room. His eyes widened as she shuffled out of her seat and into the space next to him, her hands resting against his chest.

"Are you sure about this? Because if you kiss me again, there's no going back. You may fall in love with me and never come back from him." She teased softly, the words more applying to her own heart than his.

"Will just just shut up and kiss me already? I knew you were dense but--." He was cut off abruptly by a soft kiss to the skin of his lips, his hands instinctively going to the face that was loving his. He giggled slightly, like a teenage boy having his first embrace, until (Y/N) turned her head and added some more craving to it. Her hands balled the god awful print shirt into loose fists, desperate for some closeness, when his arms slipped around her waist and pulled her body into his. Once they remembered they were in public (albeit sheltered), they pulled apart and grinned at one another. "Well, we don't have to lie to David anymore?" Daniel teased, his statement sounding more like a question as he heard (Y/N) giggle.

"We're gonna have to tell him before we go to Monaco, you understand that?"

"Well, he's at Red Bull again tomorrow. He can catch us being naughty on school property." He said, watching as she threw her head back, (H/C) strands going flyaway with friction.

"Yeah, sure, I want my brother to catch me getting shagged over a desk." She said with an eye roll. "Tell me, do you like your job? Because if you did that to Christian, I think we would both be fucked in an unemployed way."

"Yeah, but I'd have you." He simply said, stealing a bite of her forgotten pasta.

"Oi!" She said, leaning up to try and take a bite before it reached his mouth. He simply dropped the fork to her tongue, and this was how they ate dinner that night - wrapped up in one another. After eating, they snuck out the restaurant and to the car park, they drove to (Y/N)'s house where Daniel was crashing in the guest room and parted at her bedroom door, parting with a kiss goodnight.

It was three in the morning when Dan woke up in a stress induced sweat. He knew it was the first time that he would be back in a car on a track, Silverstone at that, followed by travelling to Monaco and going to the renewal as a new couple. He woke up unable to catch his breath, unable to stop shaking, only able to know exactly where he needed to be. He ran out the room and softly knocked on the door, hearing a weak 'enter' through the wood. "(Y/N)..." He mumbled as he walked in, watching as she leaned across the bed and fumbled with the switch for her lamp.

"What is it, Danny?" She mumbled, readjusting her shirt and hiding her legs under the cover, not that he wasn't in a muscle tee and boxers. Her eyes adjusted to the light slowly, squinting as Dan shuffled over to the bed.

"I can't breathe..." He simply said, slightly tearful.

"Is it getting back in the car on a track?" She watched as he nodded and sat on the edge of her bed. "Are you also stressing about the vow renewal?" She mumbled, voice thick with sleep as he nodded again. "Come here, honey..." She said, lifting her duvet up and opening her arms, feeling the warmth of his body radiate beside her. "I'll cuddle you." As he laid down, her head burrowed into his neck, arms wrapping under his armpits as a leg slipped between his and a soft body pressed to his back. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She whispered, hearing him hum a no. She simply nodded and shuffled up the bed and hid her face in his neck.

"Thank you..." He whispered, crossing his arms and holding her hands against his chest, enjoying her warmth and breathing.

"What for?" She whispered, her breath dancing across his skin.

"Being you, not questioning my answers... Just for being you." He said with a sigh, feeling her smile against his olive skin. "I can't wait to surprise your brother and tell him I'm your boyfriend..."

"Woah, woah, woah... Who ever said that?" She teased, playfully biting his neck.

"Calm down, Elvira... Don't start getting desperate for my blood when we haven't even officially discussed the terms of our relationship..." He teased in return, turning over and facing her, eyes meeting his. "Hey..."

"Hi..." She mumbled, nuzzling her nose against his. "We should get some sleep, dovey." (Y/N) said with a yawn, watching Dan nod with a soft smile.

"First night doing this as a couple, even though we have practically been dating for months and doing this." He muttered, pressing a kiss to her forehead and encasing her in his body. "Do you want me to sleep on my back?"

"Would you mind?" She said as he turned again to rest on his back, bringing (Y/N) with him as his hand ran down his body and behind her knee, lifting her leg and the bend and pull her closer.

"Do you not sleep in pajama bottoms?" He whispered, only now noticing her bare skin.

"Nope, and I'm not about to. Go to sleep..." She muttered, drifting off to the sound rhythm of his heartbeat. Before he knew it, he had drifted off too. The morning came, Daniel made breakfast as Red Bull would be offering lunch. They were both incredibly mushy with one another, the night previously having appeared to made them closer than ever due to his vulnerability and her understanding.

(Y/N) drove them to work that day, teaching his thigh tattoo as she giggled, before arriving and using Daniel's parking space as it was a registered licence plate for the spot - that's how often they were seen together through both her and his RBR careers. Everyone was buzzing when Danny Ric and (I)C walked in; it was Friday, the happiest man on Earth had returned to them and both he and (Y/N) looked like they were walking on clouds.

"Well, look who canny keep a straight face!" David teased as they walked into the promotion area, the pair blushing slightly as they grinned. "Come on, we're getting the bus to Silverstone, (Y/N) you're coming with and sitting next to me." He simply said as he held his sister's hand. On reflex, the Aussie grabbed her other hand and pulled her in, giving her a quick kiss goodbye before he clocked his actions.

"Uhm." Was all he said, frantically looking between a frozen (Y/N) and an equally stunned David. "Alright, love you, bye!" He blurted out, running into the changing rooms.

"Did he just...?" David asked after coming out of his mental freeze.

"Uh-huh." (Y/N) squeaked.

"Are you two...?"

"Yup..."

"At least he makes us laugh and loves you." David said after taking a moment to register what had happened.

"You're not mad?" (Y/N) asked, turning round and into her brother's shoulder.

"Should I be?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her back. "(N/N), I know you're my baby sister, I know you probably see me like a second version of dad, but you're my favourite person in the whole world except Dayton and Karen." He whispered, squeezing her warmly into his body, her head nuzzling closer to his shoulder. "You're my first born, why do you think I have never wanted to be far from you? Have you ever thought about how I bought you a home in Monaco right across the road from me?"

"Because you wanted me to be closer to Tonton?" (Y/N) questioned, hearing him giggle.

"Because I couldn't bear the thought of you not being with me. I love that you're working with us in Red Bull." He said, pulling away and turning around, crouching slightly. "I'm happy you found Daniel, because he's a good lad! I don't have to worry about you, you're no longer alone." He said, feeling her jump on his back before catching her legs and pulling her up. "However, he's gonna have to move in with you, he lives in the party district and that ain't your scene." He simply said as he walked through to the car park and on to the bus.

"Thank you for being so understanding, David, love you."

"Love you too, kiddo." He replied, dropping her into a seat. "I'll be back with the loverboy." And with that, David left the coach and (Y/N) alone as she giggled. He jogged into the building and slammed open the door to the changing rooms, scaring the daylights out of Dan.

"Please don't kill me! I still have so much of my life left to live!" He cried in mock horror, knowing that it was David pulling the scary big brother routine.

"Get your arse out of here!" David said, laying his Scottish accent on thick. "My baby sister is out there waiting for you to get on the bus and she ain't one for waiting long times!" He said with a laugh, wrapping his arm around Dan and dragging him out.

"Are you not mad at me for pulling that stunt? For breaking it to you that way?" Daniel asked in disbelief, stumbling over his feet as he did so.

"Daniel, my sister has been in love with you since your first day here. You pulling that stunt may have actually been the beginning of her life without me having to lead her there!" David teased, forcing Daniel's arm around his. "Shall we skip to the carriage, princess?" He said as he laughed heartily, watching Daniel fall forward whilst doing a seagull impression.

"Why of course, good sir!" He said in response, taking the first skipping step. As they barrelled through the doors and to the coach, they saw (Y/N) sat on the steps on her phone, obviously bored of waiting for them whilst handling text messages from Christian. She looked up and her (E/C) eyes met Daniel's honey mahogany irises as her brother and boyfriend jollied their way through the car park, and she sighed, laughing to herself as they arrived.

"Stop stealing my things, David!" She joked, Daniel parting from David's side and immediately rushing (Y/N) for a hug. As his arms wrapped underneath hers, he lifted her off the floor as she squealed, wrapping her legs around his hips. "Danny Boy!" She said with a giggle, holding his face.

"Hiya, bubs!" He said, burying his face in her neck and nuzzling his nose into her collar bone, voice buzzing over her soft skin.

"Blergh!" David said as he walked around them and onto the bus. "Get a room!"

"He was in my bed last night, Daveyboy!" (Y/N) teased, watching her grown adult brother, who has a child, grimace.

"TMI, sis!" He said, gagging as he spoke before laughing and taking a seat. (Y/N) turned her attention back to Daniel and nudged his head from her shoulder, melting at the sight of happy brown eyes.

"Come on, we need to take a seat before Christian comes out--."

"Oi, you two! Bus, now!" The manager yelled, watching as Dan scarpered on to the bus. "And put her down, Daniel! She's a human, not a teddy bear!" He chased the pair on to the bus and watched as Danny Ric dropped (Y/N) in the seat by the window and leaned over and plugged her in, sneaking soft kisses from her lips. "You are going to kill me..." Christian mumbled as he walked by, smirking.

Daniel took his seat and then they were off to the circuit, spending the day analysing and testing, before heading back to (Y/N)'s to pack their bags and taking the train to London for their flight to Nice, where his Aston Martin from the early Red Bull days was waiting for them thanks to the valet of his apartment building who had a side job of car transfers between the airport and the apartment tower. Once parked under the building, Daniel hauled their bags from the boot and into the lift that took them to his apartment floor, the pair basically stepping out to the door of the flat.

"You do realise David bought me a house here, you don't need to host me..." (Y/N) pointed out as she followed Dan into the master bedroom. He placed her suitcase by the window and his on the side by the door. As some believe, this could be seen as a protective action subconsciously, him sleeping on that side.

"I know... I just thought I would return the favour for you letting me stay with you and in your bed by having you do that with me?" He said, his tone confused as he watching her (E/C) eyes widen slightly as the realisation dawned on her.

"Oh..." She said as Dan walked over and rested a hand on her hip, gently pressing a soft kiss to her lips. She hummed in response, and it wasn't long until Daniel decided to play pretend WWE and throw her on to the bed, the pair squealing and giggling like little kids as they settled into their new routine.

They spent the days leading up to the vow renewal lazing around together - fishing, sleeping in, watching films, as well as the odd gym trip that had to be made. Then the big day came, their first official outing as a couple and one that she had to tell her siblings and nephew about.

"Why are you anxious, babe?" Daniel asked, doing the zip of her dress up, watching her attention move to him in the reflection.

"I'm worried about telling Dayton..." She mumbled, drawing her deep red lipstick across her pink petals. "He's my little buddy, he's been like my baby the last twenty years... I'm scared he won't like you." (Y/N) watched as Daniel nestled his nose into the crook of her neck, inhaling her perfume.

"I'm sure it'll be fine," he whispered, pressing soft kisses against her shoulder. "We'll work it out together, right?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"When you said goodbye to me at the factory, you said that you loved me..." She said as Daniel hid in her (H/C) locks. "Do... Do you actually love me, or was that anxiety caused by David being there?"

"I..." he trailed off as he pulled himself from her and moved, leaning against the wall as he drank her in. "It could be too early, but I do love you... I love how you have always looked after me, put me first, put your family above all..." He pushed himself off the wall and took a long step to her vicinity. "I love you ability to counter me and match my energy, not even Max can do that!" He was quickly hushed by two soft lips that pressed against his, his hands grasping at her waist as her arms wrapped behind his neck.

"I love you too." (Y/N) said she pulled away, thumb brushing over his lips to wipe away the remnants of her lipstick. "I love how you make me laugh until I can't breathe, how you've always tried to make time for us to hang out and spend time with me even when you were with other teams... I could go on."

"Please feel free, I could never get bored of hearing you speak." Daniel said as he schmoozed her, loving her giggles as his eyes searched for hers. "Should we get in the car and go?"

"If we must." She said taking in a deep breath, feeling Daniel's hand slip into hers. "Shall we?" She simply said on the out breathe, letting Daniel string her along to the car. As they reached the lower level where his garage was, they veered over to a key lock box and he punched in a key code, grabbing a McLaren key and pressing it into the palm of (Y/N)'s hand.

"You're driving, babe." He stated as he swung into the car's passenger seat, leaving her stock still for a moment. She hesitantly opened the gull wing door and ducked in, slipping her heels off and grabbing the flats from her handbag and putting them on. Daniel gave her a puzzled look after putting the heels in her handbag and dropping it between his legs and in the foot well.

"What?" She asked.

"This is the most arousing thing I have ever seen." He said, looking her up and down as she shut the door and adjusted the seat and steering wheel. "Fuck, I love a woman who knows her way around a car." He somewhat teased, the sentence sounding more sexual than anticipated.

"Well, I hope you like a woman who isn't afraid of a fast car either." She said, turning the key in the ignition and pressing on the throttle, the car purring beneath her feet. She watched as a shiver visibly went up Dan's spine, a bizarre whimper leaving him as his honey eyes watched her reverse. Once out the spot and toward the garage gates, Daniel put in a key code and (Y/N) pulled out slowly, waiting for the gates to shut before pulling into the road and making their way to the old town and the church ruins on the hill. As she drove, Daniel's hand hitched the skirt of her dress up slightly, hand now having full access to rest on her thigh as the slit was widened.

"Tell me a bit about Dayton, he's obviously your favourite human besides me and the rest of your family." Danny suggested, thumb brushing over her skin as she stopped at a red light.

"Well, he is a fifteen year old boy who likes cars, karts, basically any form of racing." She began, releasing the break as the lights turned amber, pressing with some power on the throttle as the lights switched to green. "He has been taking part in some karting races in France, Germany, I took him on a holiday to Madrid and we spent an entire day with Fernando's karting technicians when he was about 8, which is probably where the love of it all came from, except for David and I."

"So, he hasn't tried out for lower formulas or anything like that?"

"He has, he just didn't think that formula racing was for him, DTM on the other hand he loves doing." (Y/N) said with a soft grin, feeling Dan's warm hand softly squeeze her thigh. "I haven't told him, but his sixteenth birthday present from me is a DTM car experience so he can drive around in it and get used to it before competing."

"Well, ain't you a good aunt!" Teased Daniel, winking at her as she giggled. They say in a comfortable silence as they drove up to the venue, just taking in the views as they drove about, sometimes humming the same tune before sharing a small giggle. As they rounded the top of the hill to the venue, they saw a small crowd of family and friends that had congregated, and the first person to spot the McLaren was Dayton.

"Is that Auntie?!" He screamed, running towards the thrumming engine as it parked up, going googly eyed at the machinery, before swinging the door open to greet his aunt. As he did so, she nearly fell out the door, if it wasn't for Daniel's reaction speed and grabbing her arm, she would be face first in the dirt. "Who have you..." Dayton began as he leaned into the car door. "Holy Mac and cheese balls." He whispered as she caught Dan's eyeline.

"How're you going?" He boisterously said, laughing at the kid's expression.

"Are you screwing Daniel Ricciardo?!" Dayton loudly whispered to his aunt.

"It's not your business who I am and am not doing, young man." (Y/N) sternly told him, watching as he backed down a bit. "Yes, I am dating Daniel. Your father is aware, now go and tell your parents that we are here."

"But I have so many questions!" The teen whined.

"Scram!" She commanded, watching as he gulped and nodded before running off. Daniel had by this point got out of the car and walked around to the driver's side, slipping his hand to (Y/N)'s handbag and retrieving the heels. She grumbled as she slipped the flat shoes off, feeling Daniel grasp at one ankle and put one shoe on, feeling (Y/N) ruffle his curls as he slipped the other heel on and shoved the flats in the bag. He then wrapped his hand around hers and helped her out the car, locking the door behind them as he drew her into a soft kiss, making her giggle.

"Woah, who said you could let that happen, Ms. Coulthard?!" An irish accent flew through the couple's ears. They pulled apart and grinned at Eddie Jordan, (Y/N) pulling away from Daniel to walk over and hug her dear friend.

"Uncle Eddie!" She said as she tottered over to him, flinging her arms behind his neck. "It is lovely to see you."

"Its all the more lovely to see you, kiddo." He said, wrapping his arms around her and squeezing softly. "When did you and the Aussie start shacking up?" He teased, pulling away and kissing her cheek, his beard making her skin tickle.

"Technically, last week. However, we've been inseparable since my first year in Red Bull." She responded, Daniel coming over and wrapping an arm around her waist as he shook the Irishman's hand.

"That's all there is to it, really!" He said, watching as Eddie chuckled. "Good to see you, old timer." Daniel teased.

"Piss off, you Aussie bastard!" Eddie said in return as David came running over, hearing Daniel's seagull laugh.

"Well, don't you scrub up well, (Y/N)!" Her brother said as he wrapped his arms around her, lifting her off the ground slightly before putting her down and looking over to Daniel. "I thought we said no team colours?" He teased, the young man shaking his hand as he laughed again.

"Well, we've had to match your skirt!"

"Oh, fuck off!" David said, everyone around them laughing at the conversations. Dayton came running back over and collided with his aunt, holding her tightly as his head laid on her shoulder. (Y/N) giggled and squeezed her nephew, kissing his cheek softly as she ran a hand through his brunet locks.

"Uncle Eddie overheard what I said and told me off..." Dayton muttered, hearing his aunt hum casually. "I'm sorry for being so forward, I hope that Daniel makes you happy." He felt a hand that radiated heat like a nuclear reactor ruffle his hair, his eyeline shifting to meet Daniel's.

"I'm gonna do right by her for as long as she's by my side," he said, making sure that all the member of the male gender that were by them heard his words. "I promise I'll always look after her."

"Even when she has a stomach bug and needs her hair held back?" Dayton asked, seeing Daniel nod.

"What happens if you have an accident on track?" Eddie chimed in.

"I will radio through to tell the wall to tell her I'm okay." Daniel said, his eyes shifting to David as he was up next to ask a question, but Dayton got there first.

"Will you isolate her from me?" He whispered, watching as Daniel furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. (Y/N) was worried that they all heard the shatter of her heart, David dropping his head slightly as Eddie making a spitting noise at the memory of her last boyfriend.

"I could never do that to either of you." He said, leaning over to the youngest Coulthard's height. "Nor would I ever do that. You're more important to her than I ever will be, if anything I will let you guys have as much time as you want together."

"That won't be necessary, Danny." Dayton said as he detached from his aunt and shuffled over to her partner, holding his hand out. "As long as she is happy, I'm happy. You can always hang out with us." Dan shook the young boy's hand before pulling him into the guy hug all of them do, crushing Dayton into him.

"You're too adult for a kid your age, loosen up and have fun tonight, yeah?" Daniel said, pulling back and patting his shoulder. "How about I speak to Charles and see if I can book us some of his karts next weekend? Me, you, your aunt, your dad and your uncle Eddie?"

"That would be awesome!" The young boy said, quickly hugging Daniel before bolting over to his mother to tell her the news. (Y/N) sidled up to the Aussie's side, wrapping her arms around his waist as she pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"You are far too good for me." She whispered as Daniel leaned into her face, capturing her lips in a tender, sweet kiss. When he pulled away, he saw her eyes brimming with tears, and he immediately panicked.

"What's wrong? Does my breath smell of garlic? Was that bad?" He fired off, grabbing the handkerchief from his jacket pocket as a tear rolled down her cheek and dabbed it softly against her skin.

"It's nothing you did, I promise." She said with a giggle, wrapping her hand around his wrist as the cotton pressed against her skin. "I just... I have never seen Dayton so protective or you so kind." She grinned at him and kissed his wrist. "I love you."

"And I love you." Dan said, grinning before kissing her again as his hand rested on her jaw. After he pulled away, he saw Eddie and David sneering at them. "What?"

"It's so weird seeing you both so..." David trailed off, looking over to Eddie for help.

"Disgusting? Mushy? Repellent?" The Irishman reeled off, seeing the couple giggle. David just nodded before saying he was heading over to the church building, taking Eddie with him. Daniel and (Y/N) stood by the cars taking some photos before heading to the bridal suite to surprise Karen. She knocked on the door before a bridesmaid opened in and gawked at Daniel, Karen walking out and seeing the pair together.

"So, this is Donny, huh?" The Belgian teased, wrapping her arms around her sister-in-law. (Y/N) laughed and pulled back, Daniel diving into Karen's arms to hug her and congratulate her on her years with David, jokingly asking how she's done it for personal reasons. They all had a laugh before the new couple headed to the family position in the church, some hushed voices murmuring about them as they walked down the aisle together and took their seats next to Dayton, who was on his aunt's left, and Eddie, who was sat on Daniel's right. The pair sat with their fingers intertwined and stood on ceremony as an organ began playing and Karen walked down the aisle by herself with a sad smile. 

Daniel wasn't having any of that.

He stepped forwards and took Dayton with him, them both wrapping one of her arms around theirs and walking her to the steps, (Y/N) stepping in to organise the train of the dress as the singular bridesmaid didn't seem to care. They took their seats once more after the Coulthards shared a family hug, Dan standing back from the moment, but awaiting the completion so he could help his partner down the steps in her heels. Her and Dayton pulled away and Daniel immediately slipped her hand in his, Dayton slipping his hand into Daniel's other and walked back to their seats, the youngest man snuggled into his aunt's side as she leaned into Daniel's.

Once the vows had been recited and the tears had been set free, it became party time, and that meant it was time to do speeches before the blind drunkenness could begin.

David has secretly ask (Y/N) to write a speech to surprise Karen and when the mic was handed over, the blushing bride certainly was surprised. "You may know me as (I)C, (N/N) or just simply (Y/N), but to David and Karen, I am sister, friend, child-minder, auntie and confidant." She looked at the pair from where she stood at her brother's side, looking down at the married couple and their son. "Having done some research, I have some quotes on love I would like to share," she unfolded a hilariously tiny piece of paper and it expanded into an A4 sheet, her throat clearing as Daniel the sheet. "I have a quote by Ambrose Bierce, who once reportedly said 'Love is a temporary insanity, curable by marriage'," she paused as her brother snorted with his mouth full of wine. "And I have another that is 'I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone', wisely said by Tolkien, Master of all the Dwarves who are apparently Scottish." She teased, hearing the nerds of the room giggle. "But for me when I see you, I can only think of the sparkle that is in Dave's eye, the soft blush that graces Karen's cheek, the warmth that radiates from you both when you walk in the front door of your home..." She stopped as she choked up, the Australian running a hand over her lower back to support her through this as she looked at him. "And all I ever wanted in my life is what you have always had, and to this day, I will forever and always be grateful for the person I found that with, and the standard that you both set for me." She turned back to the others and wrapped her fingers around Daniel's, grinning as she brushed away her tears. "To you, the happy couple. May your bond be forever strong, your faith be ever true, and may you find one another in the next life and beyond. To the happy couple!"

"To the happy couple!" The room chanted back before she took her seat, her date immediately bringing her in for a soft kiss.

"That was a beautiful speech, gorgeous girl." Daniel said, sending her heart fluttering as he pulled back.

"Thanks, handsome boy." (Y/N) responded, meeting his champagne eyes. "I meant every single word I said, you are everything I have ever wanted and will ever need." She watched as Dan simply nodded and pressed a kiss to her cheek, smushing his Roman nose into her cheek as she laughed. Further speeches were made and then the traditional dances came along - Dayton danced with his mother as David danced with (Y/N) by surprise, Daniel recording the dances on his phone. The married couple took to the stage and Dayton grasped at his aunt's hand and pulled her around the dance floor, until Danny Ric came along and cut in, Dayton being gracious enough to allow him to do so, taking a seat next to Karen's bridesmaid. The Australian led his dance partner closer to her brother, yelling over the noise as they stepped around the dance floor.

"Remember when you taught me how to dance, DC?" He teased, David laughing at the memory of them dancing at grand prixs.

"I will show you again! You're about to step on (Y/N)'s toes!" The Scotsman bit back, twirling his wife around. "Go back to your own date, stop bothering me!" He teased, Daniel laughing as he felt a pair of (E/C) eyes focus on him. He grinned to (Y/N) before resting his forehead against hers.

"What do you want to dance to at our wedding?" He asked, feeling the heat from her face as her skin flushed.

"Really? Not even two weeks and you're planning our wedding?"

"Well, we've discussed this whilst single." Daniel simply said as him and (Y/N) waltzed about the floor. They laughed and chatted until they couldn't face twirling anymore, which was when she decided to nip to the loo and make a shoe change. It was thirty seconds after she left the hall that Dayton had come over to Daniel and pulled him from David's side and on to the balcony that overlooked the principality.

"What are your intentions with my aunt?" The younger man said, catching Daniel off guard. He stared at Dayton with eyes the size of dinner plates before the younger man started growing impatient. "Well?" He pressed, the Scottish of David's accent seeping into his tone.

"I never thought I'd see the day that I'm being questioned by a kid..." Daniel muttered, watching Dayton huff derisively.

"I'm fifteen, I'm not a kid!" He crossed his arms and stomped his foot, only proving Daniel's point. The Aussie kept a straight face and made the mental note to tell (Y/N)  "Look, she's been hurt before. I know my dad likes you, but I don't know you, nor do I know of I can trust you."

"Okay..." Dan said, taking a seat on the balcony bench and offering the space beside him to the young fella, who hesitantly took the seat. "I know that your auntie is your best friend, she's mine too. Let's be honest, if it wasn't because of her, we would possibly both not be here, having the conversation, making sure that we both have the best intentions for her."

"I just... She just gets me. She's been the person who I can go to, for anything." Dayton said, looking at the floor as he tapped his toes together. "She spent more time with me than my parents have..." He confessed, starting to realise that things have been different for him compared to his friends. "I'll always remember that she flew me to Spain with her, took me karting and to the museum, she took me to dinner and we danced ok the beach to a random busker, we must've looked insane..." Dayton said with a soft smile. "She even managed to wrangle Nando into meeting me..."

"Wanna know something?" Daniel asked, nudging his shoulder into Dayton's as he shifted over to his side. The young boy looked over and nodded. "Your aunt is pretty fucking cool. I first met her when I was a Red Bull Junior, when your dad was a driver and waaaay before you ever happened." He began explaining, the youngest Coulthard turning to show he was paying attention. "She waltzed into the garage like she owned the place, swanning around like a princess. She came over and nicked a piece of my chewing gun. Before I could even finish the season, she was stuck to my side on all my flights because of your dad."

"What does this story have to do with your dating my auntie?"

"What I'm trying to show you is that she is the love of my life. I remember everything that she loves, even down to her favourite pair of socks."

"What socks are they?"

"Scottish flag socks. They have mini flags all over a main black base and she wears them on race days because your dad always did the same." Daniel confidently announced.

"It's good know we have matching socks." Dayton mumbled, looking over Daniel's expression. "Thank you for proving me wrong, Danny. I'm glad that she's with you and not some knob."

"You and me both, kiddo." Dan said, hesitantly wrapping his arm around Dayton's shoulder as they both looked up to see the other Coulthards watching them. "How's it going?"

"I think I need to take this one home, Dave. If he's going all soft, I think he needs be put to sleep." (Y/N) said, walking over and pressing a kiss to Dayton's forehead. "Love you, Skidderoo."

"Love you, Auntie." He whispered in return, feeling Dan pat his head. The Aussie stood up and said his farewells to the Coulthards and other guests, leading (Y/N) back down to the McLaren outside the venue buildings.

"Come on, I'll drive us home." Daniel said, not realising how loud his voice was as the noise of the party faded away and his hand wrapped about hers as they made their way to the car. She rummaged around in her handbag for the car key, only to discover that Daniel had already got it out of her bag and unlocked it upon approach. He felt a soft slap against his chest as he leaned over and pulled the gull-wing door open, only to capture (Y/N) into a searing kiss, one that made her lips burn with lust and anticipation as he rested her against the bonnet of the car.

"That's freezing!" She squeaked out, pulling away as her body arched into his, giving him the chance to wrap her arms around her waist, pulling (Y/N) into his body and clutching to her. She giggled and wrapped her arms behind his head, tying her legs around his as they clung to one another. After a brief moment, that probably was not brief at all, they split and decided it was time to get in the car and leave as more guests filtered out. Daniel ushered (Y/N) into the car and closed the door, skipping round to the driver's side and clambering in, meeting her (E/C) eyes as he turned towards her.

"What are you thinking about?" He casually asked, putting the key in the ignition and starting the roaring engine.

"Just how lucky I am, how much I love you... Y'know, typical crap." She said in a whisper, smiling over to him a sweet, toothy grin.

"I mean, I am pretty amazing, ain't I?" Dan teased as he reversed, turning his full attention back to her once he had begun driving down to the city once more. "I love you too, chick." He said, taking a hand from the wheel and letting it rest on her thigh softly. As they drove, (Y/N) noted that they didn't really head towards the docks, nor did they even head towards the sea level. She trusted Daniel with her life so she let the evening go where it would, Daniel pulling into a petrol station to go grab a couple of ice creams before continuing to the upper levels of the city of the mountain side. They reached a flat spot and Dan pulled in, climbing out with the ice creams as (Y/N) clambered out and shut the door, Daniel immediately taking her hand and leading her to a swinging bench.

"Did you want to surprise me with a date after our very first official date?" She asked, taking a seat first before Daniel took his spot, handing her an unwrapped Magnum ice cream.

"Well, I thought a date that was a wedding was a bit too... On the nose, so I thought I'd bring you here, and we would watch the city below. Just us, nothing other than the sea, the mountains and the occasional roar of a sports car."

(Y/N) simply hummed as her mouth was full of dairy goodness, just leaning her head in his shoulder as they ate in peace the pair occasionally cracked jokes as they watched the world below. A roaring engine came up the hill with some piano music playing, only to hear a familiar voice once it was all switched off.

"Daniel Ricciardo!" The voice said, the Italian pronunciation of his surname gave the voice away. "And (Y/N)! What a lovely surprise!" Charles said, seeing how they were dressed. "Finally on a date, hm?"

The pair giggled as they greeted their friend, hugging him warmly as they stood by their vehicles. "Well, it worked out in the end, didn't it, babe?" Daniel simply said, grinning down at (Y/N) as she admired his silhouette in the lowlight.

"And we couldn't be happier than ever." She simply responded, pressing a kiss to the bridge of his nose. Charles cooed and smiled, apologising for interrupting unintentionally. The pair blew it off and said it was a happy coincidence, before Charles asked how they finally ended up together.

"Well, it all started with Dan agreed to play make believe..." (Y/N) said, explaining how their recent time together took place, delighting the Aussie's heart as he reminisced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 577 27
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...
151K 2.7K 92
Welcome to my book. It's a group chat and a house. The wives don't exist (like Seb's and Kimi's wives) or they are divorced (like Checo's Wife). I ho...
351K 4.4K 57
@danielricciardo commented on your post started: 27/04/2021
44.7K 454 22
new obsession. new stories. These are all from my tumblr: reqxxyt (don't be afraid to go follow on there either ;) ) okay... uhh no 18+ (sry to disap...