๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐‘๐„๐€๐“ ๐–๐€๐‘...

By vneryx

my hand was the one you reached for; all throughout the great war. vicky, nancy, thรจrรจse and beatrice the cra... More

๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ
๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜;
1. the circle of idiots
2. all by yourself, sitting alone
3. interrogation
4. the plan pt.i
5. the plan pt. ii
6. escaping
7. alice in zombieland
8. a guidance.
9. faith, hope and trust
10. faith or failed?
11. heart to heart
12. the other side
13. pleasing a storm
14. mr. brightside
15. laughter in the tombs
16. always
17. our little team
18. no touchy please
19. i'm poison
20. time for murder punks!
21. what an idiot
22. the girls are here
23. the cure and the key
24. but a mother never forgets
25. please don't tell them
26. the way i loved you
28. gladers sticks together
29. omg they are roommates
30. the island of remembrance
31. the room of the past
32. it is wednesday my dudes
33. a maroon date
34. the breaking point
35. the girls became bakers
36. hush baby, don't you cry
37. all of you, all of me. intertwined.
38. are you ready for it?
39. minho and the last city.
40. asses getting rescued
41. okay, time to be serious
42. it's just thรจrรจse
43. the last city
44. wait- he's alive! he's alive?
45. please don't be in love with someone else
46. she's gone too far this time
47. two by two
48. good ol' boys
49. novalunosis
50. the not so happy reunion
51. he's my brother
52. if we survived the great war
53. the things we lost in the fire
54. the fall of the queen
55. for all to rise, one must fall
56. find the truth and get us home
57. mother, i'm coming home
58. you're my hero, and i love you
59. lights will guide you home
60. just trust me, you'll be fine
61. this is the start of how it all ends

27. she is not one of us

22 2 0
By vneryx

It had gotten quite a bit darker as Brenda and Nancy talked in her tent.

Nancy felt relief, they all have completed their mission - finding the Right Arm, all while running away from WICKED.

Brenda was able to get something injected in her to stop the Flare from growing inside of her mind - Thanks to Thomas and Nancy.

But, Vicky fears, Vicky fears that eventually, one day, she's gonna turned into one of them, one of the cranks - an outcast. From normal human beings, just to turned into veiny, croaky and gargling cranks who lost their minds out.

Helicopters and wiring sounds could be heard outside as both girls are talking.

Curiously, Nancy steps out of the tent, Brenda following as she put her hand on her shoulder. Confusion wore on both girls as they watched helicopters throws down their bombs. Explosion spreads through the base, Nancy watched in horror.

Sonya. Newt.

The first things that comes to her mind. "Brenda! You searched for Jorge, while I'll go the other way! I have to find my friends!" She ordered and Brenda nodded, tapping her shoulder. "Hey, be careful." Nancy nodded as they both run in opposite directions.

Vivian, on the other hand, noticed the explosion before her, hissing angrily.

She sprinted towards Vincent who happened to have the weapons, with the teenagers around her, she commands them to take cover. "Go! Go! Follow Harriet and find Vince!" Vivian commands and Vicky nodded, following her mother's order as she urged her friends to find Vince.

Soon enough, Vincent appears as more bombs started to crashed. Bea hold Prim closer as the little girl cried, "It's okay, Prim. It's okay, just stay close."

Nancy bumped into Newt harshly, not watching where she's going as she looks for her friend, "God, Nance! Where in the bloody hell have you been!" He doesn't let her response as he pulled her in as the Twins, Vicky, Bea, Harriet, Frypan and Minho hopped along on Vince jeep, grabbing needed weapons as they started to shoot towards the guards.

More hell are lose now as the base of the Right Arm was destroyed by WICKED' bombs.

Vivian, not so far the kids, took out her bow and arrows - skillfully taking the guards down one by one. Letting out a war cry, she shoots one of the guards that seems to aim at her daughter, Vicky, who wasn't paying attention much.

Nancy grunted, swinging her axe over the guards, swiftly dragged and stabbed them into unconsciousness, and well some, dead.

Prim stayed besides Bea silently, who shoots at the guards violently. "Prim! Stay close and don't let go!" She said over the noises and the bombs. "I'm not planning to let go!" Prim yelled wrathfully.

Unaware of the electrical bomb that was thrown towards them, Nancy, Vicky, Bea, Prim, Newt, Minho, Harriet, Vivian, Vincent and Frypan were hold hostage by the WICKED' guards.

Lining them up one by one: Minho, Newt, Nancy, Vicky, Harriet, Aris, Prim, Frypan and Bea. Bea looked over and saw that one of the guards practically dragged Sonya harshly. The blonde girl was placed to the ground besides her, huffing angrily.

The guard scanned something on her neck, reminding Bea what Brenda did back at the building.

"Subject B4." The guard called out. Another guard happens to scanned Minho, Vicky and Prim. "Subject A7, Subject B5 and Subject B11." The guard called out as he walked past the trio, who seems to glared deathly at the man.

"Subject B12, Subject A5, Subject B2." A guard shouted as he scanned Nancy, Newt and Harriet.

Janson could be seen walking in the middle of the enormous amount of people they had captured, looking around. "How many did we get?" Janson asked, as another person walked into the view. Carter Jewels.

"All of them. Give or take." A man answers.

"Give or take what?" Carter asked, harshly. "Well, they lost a subject. Subject A1."

Carter scowled angrily, "We need Thomas! Do we atleast have the girl?" He yelled, feeling frustrated.

The man nodded, looking at his screen scans, "Subject B12. Yes, we've got her, sir." Carter hummed in satisfied as he looked over the blonde girl in the distance, who is death glaring at him.

If only looks could kill. "She's feisty that one."

Janson glared in grumpiness, "Where's Thomas?" He spoke in question, loud enough. "Right here." The boy replied.

They all turns their heads, Nancy frowned and leaned out in concern for his safety when a guard shoved her back down. "Stay still!" He scolded.

Some guards rushed towards Thomas, guns aiming at him, roughly pushing him forward until he is infront of Janson and Carter.

Janson smirked at the sight of Thomas while Carter rolled his eyes, having no interest in such a boy. Nancy observed carefully as Janson stared, before sending a rough punch to Thomas' guts that had him doubled over.

Nancy clenched her jaw, sprinting up, "Tommy! No!" She protested as she struggled against the guards, who hold her down. She's getting very exhausted.

When Janson turned to her, he met her glared gaze and the next thing she knew, she felt a stint on her cheek.

Newt glared, "Hey! Don't you ever touched my sister again!" He exclaimed, bashfully.

Thomas was getting pissed - really pissed. He throws a punch on Janson that got everything worse. Three punches as he watched Janson slammed to the the ground. A few guards holds Thomas back and forcefully kneeled him to the ground as he breathed angrily.

"Why didn't you run?" Minho murmured. Vicky turned over silently, listening to what he has to say.

"I'm tired of running."

There was a couple minutes of them all knelt down together, Vicky whispering soft things to comfort the scared, confused little girl, Prim. She keep throwing glances towards her mother, reassuring her everything's okay. However, her mother is not convinced, only relaxes a bit, but still furious at WICKED for crushing her home.

A bright light was shining all around, followed by a rumbling sound that had them all looking up just when a berg appeared from within the dark, grey clouds. While it was landing closer to the ground, the wind had the sand blowing everywhere that caused everyone to raised their arms and cover their eyes.

Vicky coughed the sands out violently, using her free palm to covers Prim.

When it landed, the hatched opened, and more guards were walking out with Ava Paige following behind them, walking strongly towards Janson and Carter. "Is this all of them?" Ava asks as she reached Carter and Janson. Janson nods, "Most of them, it'll be enough."

"Start loading them in." Ava orders. Janson nods, ordering the guards to begin loading everyone's in as they were forcefully dragged them in.

The woman in white continued walking forward a bit until she stopped in front of the line of teenagers, gaze moving down the line, ignoring Bea' and Vicky' stares as she continued looking for Thomas and Nancy.

Nancy felt herself being forced up after Ava commands the guards towards them. They were both being pushed towards the blonde woman, who was looking at them with a sort off softness in her eyes.

"Hello Thomas, Nancy." Ava greeted. Thomas clenched his jaw, fuming in anger, when he relaxed a little, seeing Nancy slowly intertwined their fingers. He squeezed her hand a bit, a sign of seeking support and comfort.

The brunette boy didn't say anything, just glaring at her while stay connected with Nancy.

Two familiar faces shows up, having the Gladers to stand on their feet. Thèrèse and Teresa.

"What's going on?" Newt questioned. Him and Minho moves towards Nancy and Thomas. "What the hell Teresa, Thèrèse?" Frypan mumbles in question.

Bea gasped softly, staring dully into Thèrèse, who just lowered her head, not daring to meet anyone or even speaks.

Carter found himself wrapping his arms around Thèrèse, "It's okay, Papa got you. Don't worry." She lowered her head even more in guilty as their eyes narrowed at her and Teresa.

"I'm fine." Thèrèse said, stepping out of her father's hold.

"They're with them." Thomas explains. Nancy turned to him, her eyes filled with confusion, mostly betrayal. Vicky squinted her eyes, looking at the ground while picking up the pieces together. "This doesn't make sense."

Bea kept her eyes on Thèrèse, then the ground, then back at her. She looked at Thomas, who just shakes his head.

Bea looked at Thèrèse, gripping her arm to face her, hoping she would look at her. "What is he saying, Thèrèse? You knew this would happened?" Her voice cracked in exhaustion as she asked - referring to WICKED' attacking towards the Right Arm.

Thèrèse kept her head low as her father moves behind her protectively, glaring through Bea. She hesitated, "Yes." She blurted out, shame burning in her cheeks.

"No." Vicky spoke up, as she looks at the adults - Janson, Ava and Carter then at Teresa and Thèrèse, "We trusted you! And all this time you've been with them! They were lying the whole time!" The redhead girl pleaded as the Gladers, Harriet, Sonya, Nancy, Bea, Prim and Aris listened carefully.

Disappointed expressions are all Thèrèse could see and she knew she had fallen from grace.

Bea frowned in sadness. "Please tell me atleast a part of it was real." Her voice dropped low. Thèrèse shuddered a shaky breath, before looking down.

Carter Jewels raised her just to cage her.

"Was this your plan entire time? Tricking us into the Right Arm just so it can be destroyed by WICKED?" Nancy stepped forward slowly, her fingers still interlocked with Thomas.

Thèrèse and Teresa shared a look. They wouldn't understand anything. "Since when?" Minho asked, directly to Thomas. "Oh, Teresa and Thèrèse always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good," Janson interfered. "Once we restored their memories, it was only a matter of time."

Teresa frowned, looking at all of them. "I'm sorry. We had no choice. This is the only way. We have to find a cure." Thèrèse clenched her jaw, to stop her sobbing.

"She's right. This is all just means to an end. You used to understand that, Thomas. So did you, Nancy," Ava continued, "No matter what you think of me, I'm not a monster. I'm a doctor! I swore an oath to find a cure! No matter the cost." She said, sternly. "I just need more time."

"That's rich coming from someone like you." A strong female voice interrupted, making her way to the teenagers.

Vicky stepped forward a little at the sight of her mother, worrying a bit. Ava turned towards her, then the figure besides her, "More blood." Mary corrected.

"Hello Mary, Vivian." Ava calls to them. "Missing me already?" Vivian said fanciful.

Like mother, like daughter. Ava Paige thought ironically.

"I'd hoped we'd meet again. I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances."

Vivian's face twisted as she narrows her eyes at them all - Janson, Ava and Carter. "If I see you again, I'll kill you." She grumbled. Mary nodded, putting her hands up to calm Vivian.

"I'm sorry about a lot of things too-" Mary spoke. "Well, I'm not." Vivian added. The other woman gave her a look, "But not this, atleast my conscience is clear."

"So is mine." Ava replied with a small voice.

Janson and Carter ushered everyone to get rest on the berg, Ava was leading Teresa with her towards the berg - Carter doing the same with Thèrèse.

Thomas squeezed Nancy's hand, grabbing her attention that made her look at him, his fingers digging down into his pocket. She looked confused. "Trust me," He whispered. Nancy's eyes softened. There's never a time where she had doubts in him.

Thomas quickly elbowed the guards that was holding him, startling everyone as he turned to elbowed Nancy's guard.

Both of them stayed closed together, a bomb in Thomas' hands as he revealed them upwards, showing it as a threat.

Janson had been quick to stop them from shooting at them as he ran back with Ava and Carter besides him. Teresa and Thèrèse trailing behind them. "Chancellor, please make this quick." Carter rolled her eyes, annoyed.

Thomas make sure Nancy stayed close to him, not realising she had pulled out her gun. "Stand back! Get away from us!" Nancy ordered, aiming her gun at them. "Let them go!"

"Kids, put it down!" Janson tells them.

"Let them all go!" Thomas shouted. "You know I can't do that!" Ava argues. "Nancy, Thomas please stop!" Teresa said, stepping forward.

Thèrèse and Carter shared a glance, rolling their eyes - already done with the situation.

"We made a deal with them, they'd promised we'd be safe. All of us." Vivian raised her eyebrows as she nudged her daughter, "She really had the audacity to say that after destroying my home, does she?" Vivian murmured. Vicky scowled, mirroring her mother's expression.

Thomas raised an eyebrow, "Oh and we're supposed to trust you now?" He glared at them. Nancy shakes her head as she looks at Thèrèse, "You've changed." The blonde girl whispered.

"I never changed. This is who I've always been. I'm sorry." Thèrèse' bitter words crawling up her throat shamelessly.

"It's true. It was their only condition." Ava stated towards Thèrèse and Teresa.

"Shut up!" Thomas exclaimed in anger. "Everything can go back the way it was." Ava voiced out.

Nancy let out an exhausting sigh, "No it won't." She cried. "Nancy, Thomas.. do you really want all of them to die." Ava asked.

Nancy squeezed Thomas' hand, feeling overwhelmed at Ava's words. "Listen to her, kids. Think about what you're doing." Janson added.

Before any of them could say anything, Minho, Newt and Bea stepped forwards, and standing with their two friends, with Vicky and Frypan right behind them as the the five of them stood besides Nancy and Thomas.

Thomas looked between his five lasting friends, Nancy' blue eyes lingered on Bea and Vicky. Harriet and Mary shared glances, worriedly.

At the sight of this, Teresa shakes her head. Thèrèse' soft green eyes shamefully burned through Bea's.

Their eyes glistening with tears, Thèrèse' kind green eyes made it so hard to believe that she would do such a thing to her friends. Bea's eyes filled with sadness.

Bea loved Thèrèse, it's killing her.

They have to lose eachother, as best friends. Will everything go back to the way it was? It was a twisted of fate when it all broke down, and the story of us looks a lot like tragedy now.

Nancy laced her fingers with Thomas, "I'm with you." She said softly, that got him loosen some muscle and his heart skipped a bit.

Ava shakes her head, "Don't." She warned.

"Do it, Thomas." Minho spoke. Fry takes a breath in as Bea and Vicky holds eachother. "We're ready."

"We're not going back there," Thomas murmurs as Nancy nodded in determination. "It's the only way." Nancy said, paralleled to what Teresa had said.

The group closed their eyes shut as Thomas prepared himself, holding onto Nancy as they squeezed eachother's hands.

Teresa does the same, looking away while lacing her fingers with Thèrèse.

Before he could do it, a loud an echoing horn had everyone looking in a loud direction of one of the helicopters.

Jorge was inside. The man was laughing loudly while he slammed the front of vehicles, sending it spiraling down the hill as some destroyed objects scattered across in their direction.

"He's crazy!" Vivian exclaimed in awe. Vicky grinned, "He's Jorge." She said, going back to where his building explodes and have to slide down from another building to the other. "True." Bea said, from next to her.

Thomas doing the same, pulling Nancy to the ground with him before they could get hit with anything.

The girl rises to her feet, helping the boy below her just when some guards looked at them, aiming their guns directly at them. Eyes widening, Thomas throws the bomb towards them, making Nancy's eyes widen while they quickly ran in the opposite direction.

Thomas pushed Nancy slightly, ordering her to get her weapons. She nodded, running off the other direction as he is now on his own, he gets another button and pressed them, throwing it behind to the guards, the explosion banging around near him, instantly killing the guards.

Just as Thomas was about to stands up, he's suddenly slammed back to the ground by Janson. The older man threw a punch to Thomas' guts, having him to wince for a second.

Janson placed one foot to Thomas' head while pointing his gun at him, "This is where your story ends, Thomas!" Janson exclaims evilly.

Not noticing the blonde girl behind him, Nancy swung the back of her axe at Janson, not really killed him, but hard enough to have him unconscious, knocking him out hard with a thud. As Janson laid down unconscious, Thomas founds Nancy standing before him as they smirks at eachother. Nancy lets out a hand as she gave him a gun, "And I thought you can handle yourself." She said smugly.

Thomas fakes a laugh, "Ha-ha," Before he quickly moves swiftly behind her, shooting at the guards who was aiming at Nancy, who the girl didn't noticed were behind her. Nancy was confused, but relax again as she met Thomas eyes, "Who's handling themselves now?" Thomas tease as he smirks. "Oh, please." Nancy shakes her head as they both ran while killing some guards.

Meanwhile, with the others - Bea heard Prim' cried out her name, "Bea!" She swirled around, noticing Prim was held against one of the guards as he told her to shut up, forcing her into the berg.

Bea noticed this and blood boiled in her as she walked herself strongly towards them. "Ew! Stay away from her, creeps!" She yelled, throwing a hard punch to the guard and he knocked out on the ground. Bea pulled out her gun and shoot the unconscious guard, before running away with Prim.

Vivian swung a mace over a guard, before killing another one with a war cry, she noticed a guard aiming his gun towards her daughter.

Oh hell no, she ain't gonna let that happened.

She dragged her mace down on the guard forcefully, knocking him down as she heard a gunshot behind her.

Spinning around, she founds Vicky with a gun in her head, turns out, a guard was about to electric bomb her mother, and it certainly was unnoticed by Vivian. Both mother and daughter smirked at eachother before set off together towards the same direction.

Newt noticed a gun aiming towards his twin sister, Nancy - who was busy swinging her axe towards every guards, body slammed them into the ground, having them unconscious. The blonde boy prepared himself before he shoots at the guard, knocking him down.

There's so many guards you can't even imagine, another guard decided to aimed himself at Newt as Frypan took noticed.

Frypan, trying his best, shoots at guard who was aiming at his friend. Together, Newt and Frypan ran off and they saw Bea, Prim, Vivian and Vicky together. It wasn't long until they caught sights of their friends.

Minho stopped to shoot at the guards, ushering them to go, despite Vivian's protest. "For the sake of God! Minho, get back here!" Vivian scolded.

The asian boy ignored her, continued to ushers them, telling that he'll be right behind them. "Go, go!"

Soon enough, Nancy and Thomas came into the view, holding tightly into eachother. They hid behind a crate, with Newt, Frypan, Prim, Vivian, Vicky and Bea. The older woman shushed them, telling them to stay low.

They watched as Minho tried to reloaded the gun he had just when a guard shot him, causing his entire body to shake as he collapsed against the ground.

This had them all shouting for their friend, Vivian holding Prim down as she shouted for the boy. Thomas finds himself rushing in hopes of pulling him back, the Twins doing same, only to be held back by Vince, Vivian and Jorge. Mary stayed back with Prim.

Their called gets louder when two guards grabbed ahold of Minho as the teenagers thrashed around the adults, struggling in their grips. Jorge helped Newt in holding back Thomas. They couldn't risk losing anyone else and Nancy knows that. From his dragging position, Minho could hear fainting shouting his names before he couldn't hear anything.

The adults pulled the teenagers in, away from the berg as WICKED scums already got in, Minho finally was placed in the berg.

Noticing two more figures behind Carter, Nancy looks closely realising it was her baby sister. "Sonya! Aris! Sonya! No!" She screams, freeing from Vince' grips, Mary leaves Prim as the little girl can handle herself. "Nancy! No! Stop!" Mary said, holding the sobbing girl tightly on her chest.

Nancy kept her eyes on the people inside as Newt rushed to her side, looking for Sonya too. Nancy, Thomas and Bea stared right at Thèrèse and Teresa. Ava, Janson and Carter glared through Thomas. When the hatch closed, the berg flew off, taking Minho and the others with them.

Nancy dropped down on her knees, sobbing. Her twin brother hold her arms comfortingly. Vicky was hold tightly under her mother's exhausted grip.

"one of the money,
two for the show,
i never was ready so
i watched you go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 421 26
Born as a half bred you were beautiful with your beauty someone fell in love
73.6K 1.7K 36
Before Ronal there was Wren. 18+ readers only
19.1K 472 13
[ When outcast meets outcast ] *ON GOING* Lo'ak, the trouble maker. He was an outcast in his clan and is still one in the metkayinas. He thought no...