3000 Nights

By LiteraryMusician

▪▪▪ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the oth... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
••EPILOGUE••

15

3.7K 214 9
By LiteraryMusician

I couldn't belive any of this was happening.

First, my mate almost fell of her roof, luckily I was here to catch her.

Then she starts realizing I understand her.

I can be so naivé sometimes. So dumb.

I shouldn't have let her see.

But she's so beautiful it's hard not to react when she speaks to me.

One thing led to another, one question after the other, and now she's guessed correctly that I am a man in a wolf's body.

I knew this day would come, I just didn't know when.

But now here I am, sitting next to her in front of a blazing wood fire she started in her fire pit; with multiple blankets, and her winter coat around my wolf shoulders.

I can already feel the electrical sparks coursing through my veins, changing me from wolf to man.

My girl was literally going to freak. This mut be some crazy a$$ shìt to witness as a human.

I could feel my bones start to crack, reshaping into my human form.

By now my mind was reeling and everything was startig to get fuzzy, and hazy like it always did when I changed.

"T..T..T..Travis?" Asked a shakey voice.

I turned to the beautiful voice, unfurrowing myself from my couched wolf-like position.

I was now face to human face with my mate for the first time in 10 years as a human.

"Krystal." I said, breathlessly.

"Oh my God of God's. It actually worked. Like, your a real man. A human man." She stated in disbelief.

"Umm.. yeah..." I said matter of factly.

I forgot how beautiful she was when looked at through my human eyes.

I was always mesmerized by her beauty. It never ceased to amaze me.

The fire was still blazing but I was shivering.

I realized how cold it still was, and how unnatural it was for me to be out in the freezing winter as a man, naked; nonetheless.

I wrapped the blankets tighter around my body while my teeth continued to chatter.

"You're still cold." She stated rather than asking.

"Yes. It's not normal for me to be out here in the winter as a man. Naked none the less, fighting my wolf gene."

"Wait. What? You don't have clothes on?" She asked sounding suprised.

I laughed at this, "Umm... yes...Did you think I had clothes on underneath my wolf body?" I replied.

She looked completly mortifed. "Ermm...Well now that you mention it, I honestly hadn't given it much thought. Because I didn't even think this was plossible. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?" She was starting to ramble, but I thought it was cute.

"Listen, I know you have a lot of questions, but I don't have a lot of time. If I stay out here in the cold I won't be able to fight it much longer. I will turn back to a wolf. It hurts to fight this hard." I said.

"Well, lets say you went inside, where it's warm, maybe under more blankets; will it be easier to fight?" She asked.

"Yes." I stated.

"Okay, then we go inside." She replied.

She seemed to have zoned out for a second, so I took this time to marvel in her beauty up close.

I had never gotten this close to her as a human.

It was nirvana, being in her presence.

I was just about to stand up when she reached out her hand to help me up.

I placed my large palm in her tiny one, and felt our conncetion through the mate bond send sparks through my body.

I reveled in the feeling. It was pure bliss.

She jumped at the feeling causing our hands to seperate.

"Oh, I was ummm.. shocked..." She said.

"Yeah... a shock." I replied coolly.

She led me around the side of the house and into her darkened kitchen.

Luckily for me I have perfect night vision so the dark didn't bother me.

She asked if I wanted any tea, and to that I replied yes and she started on boiling the water.

I watched her from the couter as she stood over the stoven she was so tiny and delicate, next to my big, tall and muscular human form.

Like a dainty flower next to a giant Oak tree.

I smiled at that thought.

She asked if I was cold, and I told her yes, and that I'd been fighting off my elf for days, and then boldly added that I turned back tonight because I wanted to see her.

She seemed embarrassed by my confession.

I sighed. "Yeah. Sometimes it's just easier. To think. As me."

She smiled and nodded and continued making my tea.

We both jumped at the high pitched whistling of the tea pot.

She poured my tea and handed me the cup, and when our fingers touched fire spread through my veins with our connection.

"Thank you." I said, letting my hand longer on top of hers for a moment longer as I smiled down at her.

This time she didn't pull away. It was like she was savoring the feeling.

"Oh, weird." She said under her breath while shaking her head. "...static electricity... Maybe?" She mumbled quietly.

I laughed., "Yes, maybe it's static..."

"Follow me." She said.

I was confused but continued to follow her.

I followed her into what seemed to be a laundry room.

She turnd on the bright flourescent light, which was an extreme contrast to the dim kitchen lighting.

She still hadn't turned to look at him as she said, "I can tell you're still cold. Let me find some of my Grandpa's clean clothes. They might be a little tight, but it's better than freezing, right?"

"You don't have to do that." I said.

"Sure I do. Your feezing, and I can do something to help you." She replied and turned around.

"H..H..Here." she stuttered as she handed me a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt.

She quickly turned atound to let me get dressed in privacy.

I chuckled low and deep. Her modesty was adorable.

"Alright. You can turn around now." I said, still trying to control my laugh.

The clothes were a little tight and clung to my body's every curve.

"Okay. Well. Are you warmer yet?" She asked.

"More than I was before. Thank you." I said with a smile.

"Ummm... Well.... okay... good..." she said.

"Would you maybe like to lay down in my bed? I have a heated blanket and a space heater upstairs. It might make you warmer. And I can sit in the chair. So you can sleep in the bed. And we can talk if you want. We'll have to be quiet though, my whole family is sleeping. And..."

I cut her off by touching my finger to her lips. The touch of her skin was electrifying.

She stared back at me in shock.

I smiled and replied with, "Yes, I'd love to. You can stop babbling now," He told her with a light laugh.

I took my finger away from her lips and reached down to take my hand in hers.

This was anazing. Holding her like this.

I took the lead through her house and up to her bedroom. I could tell this surprised her, but by watching her outside her window for 10 years I just knew where there room would lie inside the house.

▪▪▪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 688 38
A long time ago when the cold blooded King and the shape shifter King had made peace with each other having hunters as the common enemy. Shane, Lydia...
393K 13.9K 20
On the last full Moon of the year every werewolf who has turn 17 years old will be able to find their mates. So what happens when Omega Shawn Mendes...
3.5M 129K 33
I sighed, walking towards him. "Look, big man. I know who you are and I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do." I said before leaning in and kissin...
234K 8K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...