ROSES & THORNS

By Aura_Swan

Isabelle Rose Edward is your charming, beautiful and kind yet clever, witty and confident 23-year-old English... More

- S Y NO P S I S -
a e s t h e t i c s
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 1 0 -
- 1 1 -
- 1 2 -
- 1 3 -
- 1 4 -
- 1 5 -
- 1 6 -
- 1 7 -
- 1 8 -
- 1 9 -
- 2 0 -
- 2 1 -
- 2 2-
- 2 3 -
- 2 4 -
- 2 5 -
- 2 6 -
- 2 7 -
- 2 8 -
- 2 9 -
- 3 0 -
- 3 1 -
- 3 3 -
- 3 4 -
- 3 5 -
- 3 6 -
- 3 7 -
- 3 8 -
- 3 9 -
- 4 0 -
- 4 1 -
- 4 2 -
- 4 3 -
- 4 4 -
- 4 5 -
- 4 6 -
- 4 7 -
- 4 8 -
- 4 9 -
- 5 0 -
- 5 1 -
- 5 2 -
- 5 3 -
- 5 4 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 5 -
- 5 6 -
- 5 7 -
- 5 8 -
- 5 9 -
- 6 0 -
- 6 1 -
- 6 2 -
- 6 3 -
- 6 4 -
- 6 5 -
- 6 6 -
- 6 7 -
- 6 8 -
- 6 9 -
- 7 0 -
- 7 1 -
- 7 2 -
- 7 3 -
- 7 5 -
- 7 6 -
- 7 7 -
- 7 8 -
- 7 9 -
- 8 0 -
- 8 1 -
- 8 2 -
- 8 3 -
- 8 4 -
- 8 5 -
- 8 6 -
- 8 7 -
- 8 8 -
- 8 9 -

- 7 4 -

1.2K 35 1
By Aura_Swan

- I S A B E L L E - E D W A R D -

When we finally reached home in the evening after a long day, I quickly hurried to the bathroom to take a quick shower to get ready for the night while Adam went to his study to get some work done.

After showering, I wore my bath gown when Aveline and Taylor showed up not long after.

"I still need to choose a dress." I told both of them while they were talking excitedly with each other. 

They had instantly clicked together and I was glad they were enjoying each other's company while I was practically drowning in nerves.

"Where's Adam?" Aveline asked me as I gulped down a glass of water and gestured to upstairs.

"In his office, he's been in there ever since we came back from work." I said and Aveline chuckled.

"Yup, sounds like him. Dude never takes off a day from work." She scrunched her face up while I chuckled at her with Taylor.

"Alright, let's choose a good dress for you." Taylor clasped her hands together and I nodded, leading them both upstairs and into Adam and I's room. 

Aveline stopped short in the doorway, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked around.

"You're staying in Adam's room? And sleeping in his bed?" She asked baffled and I nodded hesitantly.

"Yes...?" I trailed off confused, watching both girls before they both squealed.

"My brother must be so in love with you. He never lets anyone near him or into his personal space, not even me or Aidan were allowed in his room." She looked around the room in awe as I lead them to the closet.

"Whoa, this man has a lot of ties. Is he Christian Grey or something?" Taylor asked looking at me while Aveline gagged, my face turning red.

"No!" I gasped when she picked up one of my red lace lingerie from his tie drawer, and I watched the flimsy piece of clothing dangling from her pointer finger, my eyes wide in horror.

"Looks like you've been having some fun." Taylor teased and I quickly snatched the lingerie from her and stuffed it into my drawer while Aveline cackled.

I remember Adam pulling out the lace set this morning and telling me it would look hot on me, and then proceeded to go on and on about how he would love to fuck me senseless in it.

Ah, fond memories.

I blushed harder at the memory and led them to the section with my dresses, ignoring their teasing glances that made me even more nervous for some reason.

"So, what am I supposed to wear? Something revealing? But how revealing?" I asked the two girls who seemed to be deep in thought as they searched my clothes, flinging out dresses at me they thought might look good.

Thankfully, I caught them all since they weren't exactly cheap and then they sorted those dresses out, further eliminating and selecting.

"This one?" Aveline held a blue one up from Taylor who shook her head.

"Not sexy enough." Taylor said.

"Yeah, you're right." She replied and threw it away but thankfully I caught it before it could land on the floor and carefully hung it back in the rack.

Jeez.

They both sifted through my clothes until both of them clutched a red dress at the same time and gave each other a look before grinning at me.

"This one." They both said at the same time, pulling out the red silky dress with big grins on their faces.

It was a silky satin dress with spaghetti straps and ended above my knees, with a slit at the thigh. It was backless and had strings at the back to hold it together.

In short, it was revealing and sexy.

It would show quite a lot of skin, which I wasn't very fond of considering my situation.

"You sure? It looks a little..." I trailed off but both of them shook their heads.

"It's perfect. Come on, let's do your make up and hair, it's already over seven." Taylor said and both led me out of the closet and made me sit in front of the dresser, taking out all my make up as they started to do their magic up on me.

"I'm pinning up your hair so it won't be visible through the wig." Aveline said and I nodded as she neatly pinned my hair into a neat bun before taking out the jet black wig.

"This one?" I grinned at Taylor who smiled.

"Remember it?" She asked and I nodded.

"Have you worn this before?" Ave asked and we both nodded.

"I wore this one back in college when we went to a party so no one would recognise me." I remembered with a smile before shaking my head as Aveline secured it onto my head and curled it neatly.

"Looks good, what do you think?" She said and I examined my hair in the mirror before nodding with a smile, watching the jet black waves cascading down in soft curls.

"Looks amazing, thanks Ave." I said and she smiled brightly before Taylor continued to do my make up and helped me put in my grey lens.

"All done, look up." Taylor said and I grinned at my reflection, a smoked nude look on my face with my grey eyes that made me look bold yet natural. Fierce yet innocent. Especially with my fiery red lips.

"Thanks guys, this is amazing." I said hugging them both.

"Alright, alright, now go put on your dress and heels or you'll be late." Aveline shooed me into the closet.

I sighed, slipping on my dress, then my heels and some golden necklaces and rings, I grabbed a matching clutch before going out, I heard both of them gasp as I twirled for them.

I looked in the mirror myself and grinned at my reflection. I looked hot, if I was being honest and twisted around to look at the backless dress and posed for the girls as they laughed and clapped their hands.

The dress ended a little above my knees and was very figure hugging, revealing my chest as well and I was sure none of the men would approve of it.

"You look hot, the men there are going to loose their minds when they see you." Aveline exclaimed and Taylor agreed, giving her a high five as I hugged them both.

"Thanks guys." I pulled away with a smile.

"No problem. Now go kick some ass." Taylor said and I laughed as I grabbed my things and headed out with them following behind me.

"We'll go ahead first and let Adam know you're ready." Aveline put her hand on my shoulder and I nodded as they went first while I adjusted my dress, patting it down and smoothing the creases and running a hand in my hair.

"We're leaving Belle! Adam's waiting for you!" Aveline yelled from downstairs when I heard giggles before the elevator dinged, indicating they left.

Taking a deep breath, I walked down the stairs with my heart thumping wildly in my chest when Adam came into view, talking to someone on the phone.

"Yes, she's ready. We're leaving, yes. Alright." He said and ended the call, putting it in his pocket before turning around when he heard the sound of my heels clacking against the marble stairs.

His eyes roamed the entire length of my body, leaving a fiery trail wherever he looked, burning me with his gaze which darkened drastically when he licked his lips, the action making my stomach twist as his dark gaze snapped to mine.

I stopped right in front of him, his eyes glued to mine when I saw him gulp.

"Fucking hell." He muttered, making my smile widen as his eyes drank me in hungrily.

"This dress, Rose. Are you trying to kill me?" He hissed when I shrugged.

"Am I? How do I look?" I twirled around for him and heard his sharp intake of breath.

"You look... incredible." He breathed out, forcing the words out when I smiled.

"Thank you." I said softly, his eyes roaming my body once again when he muttered something under his breath before grabbing my waist and pulling me flush against him.

"You look so fucking good baby, I'd rather have my way with you right here than let you go to that nasty club where men won't be able to keep their eyes off of you." He gritted out with a clenched jaw.

"Don't worry Adam, I won't let them touch me." I assure him, cupping his cheeks when he growled lowly.

"Well, I think it's too fucking late to back down now, isn't it?" He said lowly and I nodded with a sheepish smile.

He shook his head angrily, muttering profanities that made me laugh at him. He looked at me incredulously before he crashed his lips against mine in a passionate and steamy kiss.

His hand went to my ass, squeezing it that made me gasp as his tongue entered my mouth in one swift motion, his fingers tracing my bare back and fiddling with the ties of my dress before I had to push him away with a hand on his chest.

"Let me fucking kiss you at least." He grumbled and I laughed, pulling him close to me and placing a peck on his lips, I wiped them with my thumb to remove the red lipstick that had rubbed off on him.

"Let's go?" I asked and he nodded with a clenched jaw before taking my hand and leading me downstairs. Carter was already waiting for us with the car and we got in immediately, driving towards the club.

Adam didn't let go of my hand the whole ride and I could tell he was uneasy, but so was I. This could go wrong in so many more ways than one and yet, we were still taking the risk.

Let's just hope everything goes according to plan.

"Adam, Isabelle." Lance greeted us in the private parking lot of the club before he scanned my attire with a disapproving look.

"You look-"

"Amazing!" Tristan came and hugged me from behind and Arthur from the front, squeezing me to death until they realized I'd probably die if they held me any longer.

"Unfortunately, I have no say in your choice of clothing but I will say this, I do not approve of it." Lance said and I rolled my eyes.

"As great as you look B, we'd have to agree. Especially because we won't be close to you to ward off those drunkards." Arthur added and Tristan nodded along as I sighed heavily.

"Thanks for you amazing compliments, it makes me feel a lot better than I already was." I said sarcastically, shutting everyone up as I rubbed my arms, feeling insecure all f a sudden.

Great.

"That's not what we meant Belle, you know-"

"Yes, yes, I know. Now can we get done with this? I'm already feeling a confidence boost because of you guys right now." I snapped at them sarcastically and saw their pursed lips before Adam took my hand in his and led me away from them and towards a side.

"What is it now, Adam?" I asked exasperated but he only sighed and kissed my forehead.

"Do you have any idea how incredible you are? How amazing, courageous and selfless you are?" He said cupping my cheeks and I couldn't help but lean into his touch.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked him when he smiled, pressing his lips to my cheek.

"Because I love you, and I know how amazing you are and you deserve to hear it everyday. You look beautiful, and as much as I hate this, I know you'll end those motherfuckers." He said and I chuckled, shaking my head at his language.

"Thanks Adam, I needed that." I whispered with a small smile which he returned.

"I know. And when we're done here, we'll go home and I'll fuck you nice and slow, yeah?" He said with a sly smile when I smacked his chest.

"You have a really nice way with words, you know? A romantic at heart." I said sarcastically when he chuckled.

"But you love me like this, don't you?" He raised a brow at me and I bit my lip to stop the smile spreading as I hugged him tightly.

"I do." I whispered in his neck, making him freeze momentarily as I pulled away, watching his wide eyes filled with so many emotions.

"I'm going to go inside now, yeah?" I said and he nodded absent minded, clearing his throat before straightening up.

What happened to him?

"Y-Yeah. Let's go." He said nervously, making me frown as we walked back to my brothers who apologized to me for not being supportive before we had to part.

"Wish me luck." I kissed Adam's cheek who smiled faintly.

"Luck. Although you won't need it." He whispered back and I smiled before turning to Lance who nodded.

"Lose the accent." Lance said and I nodded before walking towards the club's entrance, heads turning my way as I walked up to the bouncer and offered him a sweet smile.

I gave him my fake name which Lance told me to use and he let me in immediately since I was added to the VIP list.

Heading inside the club, I was hit with the smell of alcohol and sweat, music pounding in my ears as I walked towards the VIP section, crossing a very crowded dancefloor where people were going crazy.

With a deep breath, I walked up the stairs, my hips swaying behind me as I walked over to the bar, all eyes on me as I crossed the people.

"Whiskey on the rocks, please." I said to the bartender, my English accent completely gone. He winked before getting to work as I sat on the stool, keeping my purse on the table beside me while I waited for my drink.

When my drink was placed in front of me, I smiled sweetly at the bartender before taking a sip and thanking him.

"Haven't seen you here before. You new?" He asked and I nodded, keeping my eyes on his.

"I am, came for a meeting. Speaking of..." I trailed off, twirling a lock of my hair between my fingers, I looked at him and smiled.

"You wouldn't happen to know a bank manager and a lawyer, perhaps, who came here for a meeting? I was supposed to meet him fifteen minutes ago but I can't find him, and he won't pick up the phone." I pouted at him and that seemed to do the trick.

"I did, actually. They're all the way back, last booth to the right." He pointed in the direction and I followed his gaze before nodding.

"Alright, thanks so much!" I smiled wide before picking my drink up and walked to where the bartender told me to go, crossing the booth we sat in when we came here last time to meet the Thorne family.

I smiled at the memory before shaking my head and walking towards my destination an sure enough, in he last booth, there sat a man who looked to be in his late twenties in a formal seat, writing something on a cheque book.

Bingo.

I looked behind him and noticed the secluded corner and quickly took out my phone, putting it on record in case anything happened and pretended to talk to someone as I walked to the corner to 'talk' with the person without any disturbances.

I crossed the two men whose eyes trailed behind me as I leaned against the wall in the corner, pretending to talk to a friend and laughed.

Automatically, all attention was on me, including the men's as I sipped my drink, my eyes connecting with the young man's who was not so discreetly checking me out before he winked at me.

I gave him a seductive smile before turning my back to him, giving him a clear view of my bare back and ass while I pretended to talk on the phone.

"And who might you be sweetheart?" I heard a voice from behind me and cringed at the name as I turned around with a smile on my face and pretended to end the call.

"I'm sorry?" I said innocently when the man smirked.

"Haven't seen you here before sweetheart. Can I get a name?" He asked and I smiled, checking him out before grinning.

"Laura." I said and his smirk grew wider as he took my hands and kissed my knuckles. I giggled, watching his eyes rake my body hungrily.

"Well, Laura, would you like to join me for a drink?" He gestured to his table when I held up my glass to him.

"Already have one Mr.-..." I trailed, off, waiting for a name.

"Lewis Tucker." He said and I smiled wide at him dropping his name so easily.

Thank you for that.

"Right, Mr. Tucker, I'm afraid I already have a drink with me." I said.

"Then accompany me anyway." He invited and I pretended to think for a moment before licking my lips, his eyes immediately drawn to my action when I nodded.

"Sure, why not?" I said and he grinned, taking my hand and leading me to his seat.

"Do you mind if I just talk business for a while, I'm in the middle of a meeting of sorts." Lewis said.

"Oh, I didn't know, I'll let you be then." I said faking concern when he shook his head.

"No, please, stay." He insisted and I nodded, sitting next to him and noticing the man in front of him and recognized him immediately.

He's Josephine's lawyer.

"Sorry for the interruption Mark, I found someone I couldn't keep my eyes off of." Lewis said looking at me and I flashed him a smile.

"It's alright Mr. Tucker. Let's go back to business, shall we?" Mark said and Lewis nodded. 

I scrolled through social media aimlessly, making it seem like I wasn't interested in their conversation while they ere being recorded.

"Alright, I'll help with the smooth flow of the money, I'll just need signatures from the owner of both companies. Mr. Lance Edward in this case." Lewis said and Mark pulled out a few documents while I hid my frown.

"I already have the signatures, just make sure Mr. Edward isn't notified of the exchange." He said and Lewis nodded.

Wait, they have his signatures?

"Consider it done. The money will be transferred in Josephine Edward's bank account by the end of this week, just like last time." Lewis said and Mark nodded.

Last time? What the hell?

"Alright. And where is Williams' lawyer?" Mark said and I frowned.

Williams' lawyer?

"He's on hi- Oh, there he is." Lewis said and another man walked up to us and shook hands with the men.

"Mr. Williams' son is on his way since the man could not make it himself, he got caught up in some work." The new lawyer, who introduced himself as Ethan Jones said before pulling out a few contracts.

"Sorry I'm late gentlemen, I got caught up in traffic." A young man came up to us, making my eyes nearly bulge out of my head.

Holy shit, this is-

"George Williams, nice to meet you all." He said before his eyes landed on me.

Oh fuck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 11.2K 41
Meet Stephanie Lynn Ryder, an almost 21-year-old girl behind on rent, works at a diner for $350 a week and has an oblivious boyfriend who only wants...
9.5M 287K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
15.4K 406 26
#1 in Passionate #1 in Romcom #1 in Interesting [A CLICHE MAFIAN/CEO ROMANCE, OR IS IT REALLY?] ● Cover picture is taken from Pinterest, credit to...
223K 12.5K 42
~The story revolves around a tale as old as time. The beauty and the beast, pain and passion~ ~Raizel Deluca~ ~Coral Thompson~ Two very different an...