More Than Human

By snapple714

Unbeknownst to each other, Soap and Ghost's first thought upon meeting the other were exactly the same. "What... More

Chapter 1: What a Strange Smell
Chapter 2: To Kiss Fire and Water
Chapter 3: Bedtime Gossip
Chapter 4: I Know Her
Chapter 5: The Sight
Chapter 6: Another Way to Feed
Chapter 7: To Satiate a Beast
Chapter 8: Only Tame For Him
Chapter 9: Betrayal
Chapter 10: What Are The Rules?
Chapter 11: A Wolf's Weakness
Chapter 12: You Want Me?
Chapter 13: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 14: A Walk in the Woods
Chapter 15: Rescue
Chapter 16: A Goat and A Fish
Chapter 17: The Proper Way
Chapter 18: Grew Him Myself
Chapter 19: A Video Call
Chapter 20: My Brother
Chapter 21: A Tank to A Gun Fight
Chapter 22: Something Like That
Chapter 23: A Little Messy
Chapter 24: Something You Want
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: More Than You
Chapter 28: All My Tricks
Chapter 30: Fetch
Chapter 31: Day Drinking
Chapter 32: Cozy Beast
Chapter 33: Call Me Yours
Chapter 34: Back to Sleep
Chapter 35: So Familiar
Chapter 36: That Head of His
Chapter 37: Can We Go?
Chapter 38: On the Road Again
Chapter 39: I'd Like to Remember
Chapter 40: Keep Him Safe
Chapter 41: Why I'm Called Ghost
Chapter 42: Sleeping On It
Chapter 43: Mama
Chapter 44: The Basement
Chapter 45: Care
Chapter 46: The Good Parts
Chapter 47: A Hole in A Tree
Chapter 48: What Sort of Brother?
Chapter 49: Subjects 24
Chapter 50: Trappers
Chapter 51: Monsters and Love
Chapter 52: An Old Friend
Chapter 53: Life in Captivity
Chapter 54: It Dwells in the Lake
Chapter 55: Light Turned Off
Chapter 56: Okay Now
Chapter 57: Medical Jargon
Chapter 58: Found You
Chapter 59: Homeward Bound
Chapter 60: Little Friend
Chapter 61: Precious
Chapter 62: Underwater Playmate
Chapter 63: Family Breakfast
Chapter 64: It's Me and You
Chapter 65: Reunions
Chapter 66: One Step Back
Chapter 67: Have Your Fun
Chapter 68: Chaining Flowers
Chapter 69: Red Ball
Chapter 70: You're Blossoming
Chapter 71: All Bodies Change
Chapter 72: Fatherly Woes
Chapter 73: A Budding Romance
Chapter 74: A Harpy's Wisdom
Chapter 75: Family Introductions
Chapter 76: Shovel Talk
Chapter 77: The Griffin
Chapter 78: Getting Together
Chapter 79: Pretty Tree
Chapter 80: Right With The World
Chapter 81: A Crash
Chapter 82: Investigation and Intel
Chapter 83: Not Going Anywhere
Chapter 84: The Calm
Chapter 85: The Storm: Part 1
Chapter 86: The Storm: Part 2
Chapter 87: The Storm: Part 3
Chapter 88: Waking a Vampire
Chapter 89: My Ocean
Chapter 90: I'm Yours
Chapter 91: Safe
Chapter 92: Comfortable
Chapter 93: Speaking the Words Aloud
Chapter 94: Peace in the Garden
Chapter 95: An Unlikely Pair
Chapter 96: Speculation
Chapter 97: Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 98: A Griffin's Heart
Chapter 99: Family Holiday
Chapter 100: A New Purpose

Chapter 29: Extra Quirky

7 0 2
By snapple714

They were discharged by the medical team, quite reluctantly, the next day. It was evening when they were finally out in their van and headed to the place Laswell had hooked them up with. Soap was quiet on the drive, and that was making Ghost think that maybe something was wrong. Price wasn't helping on that front as he kept looking in the rearview mirror and saying things to him.

"How're you holding up back there, son?"

"Feeling good, sergeant?"

"Just a bit further, pup."

Like what was happening here? Gaz didn't seem to be questioning it, he was far too focused on watching the trees fly by as they drove into the woods of Illinois.

"You still sore, Johnny?" Ghost asked, eager to get him talking. He had grown accustomed to the man's constant chatter and the absence of it now was strangely unnerving. Soap didn't answer him, just kept bouncing his leg, so he tried again "Johnny?"

His head snapped toward him, "Oh, sorry 'bout that, LT. What didja say?"

"Just asked if you were still feeling sore."

"Oh, yeah. Not too bad. Starting to heal up I think."

"Remember what the doctor said." Price called back, "You're keeping it low key, understood?"

"Yessir." Soap said a bit miserably and flopped his head back against the window.

Ghost huffed and they returned to their uncomfortable silence.

They eventually arrived at a property with a large cabin on it. The sun was almost totally down by now. Ghost and Gaz began unloading their bags and equipment and heading inside.

"Soap, you're with me." Price told him and gestured toward a little path into the trees.

Soap nodded and followed after him. Ghost furrowed his brow, thinking about following, but Gaz called his name and momentarily drew his attention away.

Price came back alone, and ducked into one of the bedrooms before emerging with a bunch of blankets and pillows. He left again, and Ghost knew he shouldn't follow and intrude, so he looked out the window and watched the captain open up the back of the van and retrieve a load of...

Chains?

What the fuck?

Then he disappeared back down the path. Ghost stared after him until he disappeared again. He huffed. Gaz was already in his room, and now Ghost couldn't focus on a damn thing other than their captain and his Johnny.

He shook his head and retrieved a book from his bag before settling down on the couch. He wasn't going to be sleeping until he knew what was going on, so he waited.

A whole three hours passed before the door opened again and Price walked in.

"Alright, Captain?"

Price jumped out of his skin and spun around, "Jesus Christ, Simon! Why aren't you in bed right now?"

Ghost shrugged, "Doing some light reading. What about you? And my sergeant?"

Price shook his head, "Soap is just fine. I came up to get an extra jacket. It's cold here in November."

Ghost hummed and stared after him as he wandered down the hall. Gaz walked out and into the kitchen with a yawn. Probably getting something to drink.

Ghost's head whipped around as his ears picked up the noise of a distant crash. Apparently it had been loud enough for the others to hear as they both came running out into the living room.

"Price?"

"Shit." The man hissed, "Shoes, coats, both of you!"

They both moved quickly, neither bothered tying their boots as they stumbled out after the captain and down the path. The path ended in an old metal barn, a lock had been on the front but had been busted out. One of the two large doors had been knocked off its hinges. The glass from the window at the top had been shattered and littered the dirt.

"What the fuck?" Gaz finally voiced Ghost's thoughts out loud.

Price ran inside and spun around, the space was lit by lanterns and glowed in a warm yellow light. The ground was covered in blankets and pillows, and there was a hole in part of the metal wall. Something must have been ripped from it.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" Price swore, "I leave for five minutes!"

"Captain, what the fuck is happening?" Ghost demanded, not willing to allow any secretiveness when he didn't have eyes on Johnny.

"I really thought you were brighter than this, Lieutenant." Price grumbled, pushing past him and back outside.

"What?"

"The moon, Simon!"

Ghost looked up, eyes laying on the bright round moon, high in the sky.

"Oh."

Yeah. Maybe he had been an idiot. He should have absolutely thought about that. Why hadn't Soap said anything to him? He recalled a delirious Johnny telling him that he was extra quirky when the moon was full. What did that even mean?

"What's different from when he changes normally?" He asked. Clearly there was something different if he had ripped a hole in metal and tore a locked door off its hinges.

Price didn't answer him just yet, "Gaz, ask your buddies which way."

"Yessir."

Gaz approached one of the nearby trees and knocked on the bark, he let out a puff of air and tilted his ear toward it a bit. His eyes closed before reopening and nodding in a specific direction in the woods.

Ghost didn't wait for further instruction and began booking it into the woods. It was easy to pick up the traces of Soap's scent now. It was more potent, earthier. Whatever had come this direction had been large, and in a hurry. Ghost was worried something dangerous was happening. Why else would Soap have busted his way out of the security of the barn?

He ran until his ears began to pick up some noises up ahead. He heard the babbling of a stream somewhere in front of him, and he very suddenly burst into a moonlit clearing. The sight in front of him made him freeze, Gaz and Price came tumbling out after him.

"Oh, for the love of..." Price huffed.

A large creature was in the clearing. It was definitely a wolf, but a little to the left. It was far bigger than Soap's normal wolf. Longer claws, longer teeth. It looked like it could probably rise up on its hind legs. It wasn't as big as Alejandro's chupacabra form, but it was still mighty. It would be terrifying if it weren't for what it was doing.

It was splashing about in the creek, and chasing around a large white moth. Its tail wagged and it happily pranced around, snapping monstrous jaws at the little thing as it fluttered about. The creature had a belt wrapped around its neck like a collar with a large chain dragging around behind it. Ghost could see a piece of the metal barn's wall attached.

"Soap!" Price called, "Leave it!"

The creature, Soap apparently, snapped his head around to look in their direction. His tail instantly stopped wagging and he seemed to deflate a little bit.

"Get over here, sergeant!" Price sounded annoyed.

Soap's eyes flicked to the side as the moth fluttered closer. His tail twitched, he was clearly tempted.

"No. Don't even think about it." Price warned, getting the wolf's attention again.

The moth landed on Soap's snout, and for an incredible moment of self control, he did nothing. And then that moment was over and he snapped to try and catch it. He spun back around and continued his frenzied splashing and Price groaned.

The Captain let out a shrill and sharp whistle that startled Soap. His ears flattened against his head and his tail tucked between his legs. He crawled out of the water and back onto land, dragging himself across the dirt as he approached the three men, keeping his eyes downcast.

Price tapped his foot, and furrowed his brow, "Really? A moth? You trashed the barn. You're soaking wet and dirty. You had us all worried sick, for a moth?"

Soap whined an apology.

"I understand you don't like being locked up during the full moon, but the doctors said you weren't to overexert yourself! And ripping your chain off the wall, and tearing a metal barn door off its hinges definitely falls under that category."

Soap covered his snout with his front paws, embarrassed, and huffed.

Ah. So this is what he meant by a little extra quirky.

Soap crawled forward and nudged the front of Price's boot. Price sighed and rolled his eyes before crouching down and ruffling the fur on top of his head,

"What are we going to do with you, Soap?"

Ghost took the chance to sigh himself, and that made Soap perk up. Ghost was very abruptly being tackled to the ground and yipped at excitedly. Soaking him with his wet fur from the stream.

"Johnny! Get off ya mangy mutt!" He shoved at Soap's massive head, and the beast rolled over onto its back, chain jingling where it was still attached. Ghost sat up and looked at his now massive sergeant, "Fuckin' hell."

He reached out and scratched where his scruff would be, between his ears, at the base of his neck. Soap's tongue lolled out the side of his mouth revealing his long, spear-like teeth. His back leg began to kick out as Ghost scratched.

"Gaz." Price instructed.

"Aye, sir."

Some roots emerged and hooked Soap's chain into the ground. Soap was too content being pet to protest the restraint.

They would wait out the night here, and tomorrow they would fix up the barn. And they wouldn't make the mistake of leaving him alone for any amount of time again for the next two nights of the full moon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.3K 56
This is a fan fiction on two guys called soap and Ghost, they start of as friends sort of But soon their relationship turns spicy
20.1K 182 50
Hello! This is gonna be a one-shot book. Some of these scenarios are made up by me and my delulu brain, while others are from Character AI interactio...
4.5K 159 18
Here's part two! If you haven't read Safer With A Ghost Part One, please go do so! :) Enjoy!
152K 5K 38
FAIR WARNING: I am in the process of editing and rewriting chapters to flow more smoothly. This is a homosexual Call of Duty Modern Warfare fanfictio...