Saviour of Magic

By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

By Colt01 From:Fan fiction.net An intelligent, well-trained Boy Who Lived comes to Hogwarts, startling everyo... More

Prologue
Welcome Home, Harry
Sorting and First Impressions
A Shocking Discovery
Hello, Dogfather
A Leap Forward
For the Greater Good
The Duelling Champion
The Second Year Begins
P-P-Parselmouth?
A Union and an Attack
Daphne's Helping Hand
The Chamber of Secrets
A New Ally
A New Family Discovered
The Badger Found
Little Brother
Historic Escape
The Minister of Magic
Godric's Tale
The Quidditch World Cup
Back to the Chamber
Harry vs Hermione
The Fourth Champion
The First Task
Romance and a Book Release
The Yule Ball
The Second Task
The Dark Lord's Offer
The Aftermath
The Order of the Phoenix
Regulus' Secret
Apprentice Potter
The Defence Association
The Attack on Potter Castle
The Babbling Banshee
The Battle of Hogsmeade
Father and Son
The Final Battle
Awakening of the Clan
Destiny Revealed
The Start of a Revolution
Parents and Children
The Union of Two Souls
Meeting the Mentor
Knowledge is Power
The Obscurial Bunker
Creation and Destruction
The Grand Sorcerers
Allies Revealed
Prophecy and Politics
Change in Leadership
Stepping out of the Shadow
The Curse of Magic
Costly Mistakes
The Secret Ousted
Endgame
Epilogue:Mortals to Gods

The War Begins

757 26 4
By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

The family of four heard a screeching sound. The familiar vortex opened in the air above them as Chāyā flew out, singing merrily. The phoenix song was enough to raise the spirits of not only the palace residents, but of everyone in Sowilo City as well.

"Hey girl," whispered Harry as he gently stroked the creature's dark feathers. Chāyā trilled happily as she situated herself next to the comatose form of James Potter.

"What is she doing?" asked Daphne in surprise.

"She's been doing that five times a day since the attack," Belladonna replied. "I'm not sure why."

The family watched with rapt attention as the royal phoenix cried into boy's open mouth. A few minutes later, she started singing.

Daphne untangled herself from her husband's arms and kneeled down before her youngest son. She placed a hand on his little body and her eyes widened.

"Harry, call the healers."

He didn't waste time. Picking up the communication mirror, he informed the palace security team to contact the healers.

"Mum, what's going on?" asked Charlie.

"I think Chāyā has managed to reverse the effects of the chaotic magic that hindered Jamie's treatment," Daphne croaked out. "I never realised … how did I forget that phoenix tears and song have healing powers that are beyond our own?"

The royal phoenix continued to sing as the healer arrived in minutes. Waving his wand fluidly, he muttered under his breath as he tried to dispel the residual effects of the chaotic magic from James' system.

"Unbelievable," he muttered under his breath, smiling brightly. "My Lord, my Lady, your son's body has been decontaminated. I have cast the required spells to help him heal. The coma has lifted, but he is still asleep. He should be waking up soon."

Bowing with respect, the healer left, leaving them in their solitude. Daphne turned towards the majestic creature with tears of gratitude in her eyes.

"Thank you," she whispered. The phoenix trilled and nuzzled its face against hers.

"Mum, Dad, look!" Charlie shouted excitedly. "Jamie's eyes are fluttering!"

Indeed they were. James' eyelids slowly opened, revealing his brilliant green orbs. It took several moments for him to adjust to his surroundings. To his right, he saw his father, beaming with happiness in a way he had never seen before. Charlie and Belladonna were grinning too. To his left, however, James saw the elation and pure joy etched upon the beautiful features of his mother's face.

"Mummy?" he croaked out.

The dam burst as Daphne Potter hugged her youngest son, pressing her lips to his face and kissing him tenderly, sobbing uncontrollably.

James smiled faintly, still quite weak, as he held his mother, trying to console her.

Harry hugged the twins closer, his face buried in his son's hair, sobbing quietly. Charlie and Bella were crying too.

Their family was whole again. They were complete. They had the strength to survive the war.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

Two weeks later, Harry and Dylan were standing in the former's office in the Senate building, overlooking the layout of the beautiful city, surrounded by lakes and Himalayan Mountain peaks. From the altitude, the Chancellor could see the edge of the city fortress, where the members of the Department of Mysteries were charging the temporal runes.

"What is it?" asked Dylan softly.

"Do you think I'm mad to seek out the Muggles and try for peace before the war truly begins?"

His lips curved into a small smile. "I've always thought you were a little on the loose side when it came to sanity," he teased.

Harry snorted. "Look who is talking!" he shot back.

"Touché. But I agree with you. There is nothing wrong with trying, brother dear. However, I doubt the Senate will agree. Hell, I doubt even Nicolas Flamel will agree."

"I know that," said Harry grimly. "I can always pressure the Senate into sending an envoy to speak to the United Nations, but I don't want to seem like a dictator. I can throw my weight around in the I.C.W., but not when other species are involved as well. We can't afford to have instability within our ranks this soon after the formation of the Republic."

"You're right. But you don't need the Senate's approval for sending your personal messenger, do you?"

Harry's green eyes bore into grey. "Will you do it?"

Dylan smiled and wrapped his arms around his older brother. "You know I would do anything for you."

Untangling himself from his brother's arms several seconds later, Harry shook Dylan's hand.

"Then good luck, General," he said formally.

The younger man nodded and walked out of the room. The Boy-Who-Lived watched as his brother Disapparated without anyone being the wiser.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

As she sat in front of the Prime Minister, Hermione Granger couldn't shake off the feeling of dread that accompanied her whenever she thought about the conflict. She tried not to get distracted, though. After all, she had to be prepared for when Potter would attack them. She had received reports from her spies that I.C.W. Aurors were still searching all over New York City for her, but thanks to her ingenuity in Charms and the training she had undergone under Ivan Krum who specialised in concealment charms, she continued to evade them.

What she couldn't avoid, however, was the news.

The revelation that magic existed seemed to have thrown everyone into a frenzy of rage and confusion. Initially, the Muggles had been in denial, but in a matter of days, thanks to the internet and hateful speeches delivered by several politicians, scientists, analysts and religious leaders, the hatred towards magic intensified.

The Muggles started blaming magic for all their problems, and that turned out to be dangerous. Suddenly, everyone seemed to think that the source of all their problems was magic and the wizarding world. They blamed the destruction caused by the world wars on the wizards, but unfortunately, it didn't seem to end there. Within days, it escalated into such monumental proportions that everyone in the Muggle world was blaming the wizards for the state of the global economy, the terrorist attacks and even as simple as a person losing their job or catching a common cold.

After all, when one did not have the courage to face their own weaknesses, their only course of action is to blame their failures on someone else; and that was exactly what was happening.

The situation spiralled out of control so quickly that Hermione had been unable to do anything to appease the Muggles.

This was not part of the plan. What she had wanted to achieve through revealing the existence of magic was the ability to help the Muggles to defeat Potter and his forces. She knew he was a tyrant and a monster who kidnapped innocent children; he had to be stopped before the Muggles took the brunt of his hatred and anger, just like Voldemort before him. As Krum had said, the Muggles had evolved over time. Their plan had been perfect. What she had not been expecting, however, was how different factions in the Muggle world would turn the population against witches and wizards, all for their own selfish agenda.

"Not to worry, Hermione dear," the Prime Minister assured her. "Once Potter is defeated, I will personally ensure that all of this propaganda is obliterated. Let the media spout what they want. In the end, only those in power matter, and we will work towards ending Potter's reign of terror for good."

Hermione felt relieved. "Thank you, sir," she smiled faintly. "Also, I have a plan of attack. The members of Dumbledore's Army are willing to duel Potter's forces separately."

"Actually, I do believe it is better if you and your people work directly with our army, Hermione. They could use your help."

"Are you sure they'll be willing to work with us, sir? The past few weeks have not been good for my people. They're quite scared that the non-magicals might target them."

"Nonsense," the Prime Minister laughed. "You are all citizens of the United Kingdom, and as your leader, I will grant you protection."

She opened her mouth to say something, mostly to clarify that most of them were, in fact, not British, but she suddenly closed her mouth with an audible click. That information was not relevant.

"Just do as I say, Hermione, and we can end this conflict soon before needless bloodshed."

"Alright, sir," she said briskly. "Allow me to gather the members of the rebellion. I'll meet you at the base in a couple of hours."

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

Dylan Lestrange stood in front of the tall glass building in New York City. From what Republic intelligence had told him, this was the headquarters of the United Nations, the body believed to be the equivalent of the International Confederation of Wizards. He wasn't sure who the head of the body was, or if they shared the same power as Harry, but one thing was clear. Someone with a lick of common sense would accept the peace proposal when he offered it.

Sneaking in without detection was a slight hindrance, especially after Granger had ousted the existence of the magical world to the masses. He was here because the heads of every Muggle country was present, discussing the latest developments. Therefore, entering the building would be a little difficult, especially when one did not wish to be caught. After all, as a wizard, this was the last place he should be.

The headquarters of the United Nations was truly the heart of enemy territory. And during wartime, such a place had to be avoided at all costs. However, he was not just any ordinary wizard.

Confunding the various security guards with just a subtle wave of his hand repeatedly and avoiding the cameras by applying a Notice-me-Not charm, Dylan entered the building and proceeded towards the chamber that housed the United Nations General Assembly, the equivalent of the Senate of the Magical Republic. Standing right outside the large doors, he Confunded yet another security guard and asked him to announce his presence to those inside.

After all, it was rude to barge into a meeting without any warning. That was his brother's style, not his.

When he felt panic rise beyond the doors, he pushed them open and calmly strode in.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

There was pin-drop silence in the chamber as Dylan walked. His presence had been announced by the guard, and even if some would scoff at it, saying it was a trick, many others were pragmatic enough to realise that it could be quite real.

Standing right in front of the massive yellow wall that bared the organization's crest, the tall, muscular and imposing figure chose to address them all.

"Members of the United Nations, I'm Dylan Lestrange, General of the Grand Army of the Magical Republic. I'm here as the personal envoy to Supreme Chancellor Harry Potter, the leader of the international magical community. I come in peace."

The irony of an army chief delivering a message of peace was not lost on him.

Pandemonium gripped the members as they began shouting and screaming in fear. Dylan would have found the whole thing amusing had the situation been any less dire. He raised his hand and the sound of a cannon blast echoed throughout the chamber. The masses stilled immediately and various security personnel rushed into the room with guns drawn.

"Thank you," said Dylan, smiling politely, ignoring the Muggle soldiers who were screaming at him to surrender. He froze them with a lazy wave of his hand. "Now that I have your attention, I would like to say something."

"Yes, magic is real. There are various species, all over the world, that are magical. It is not a lie. However, until about two weeks ago, we chose to stay away from non-magical beings, knowing that you would not accept our presence without conflict. Unfortunately, one of our members turned traitor and revealed the existence of the magical world to this body. Both our worlds have been in chaos over the past fortnight because of her actions."

He could sense that they wanted to interrupt him, so Dylan continued loudly. "We do not want a conflict. The people of the magical world prefer to be separate and we don't want anything to do with your society. Even though you now know of magic, the Chancellor hopes that there will be no conflict between our two races. Just because we're different doesn't mean we are evil. His Excellency hopes that we can forget the incident that took place before the Security Council. The magical world will not interfere in your affairs and you cannot interfere in ours."

"I understand that there are forces among you who wish to gain power through unnecessary war and bloodshed. But this is not necessary. Please let things be. I come to you in peace and His Excellency hopes that you shall consider speaking to him about the matter. The future of both our worlds is vested in your decision."

The silence was broken when one of the delegates – Dylan couldn't identify him – sneered and said, "Is that all you wish to say to us?"

"I have conveyed the Chancellor's message to this body," Dylan replied. "Yes, my work here is done. I shall take my leave."

"You misunderstood me, General," the man smirked. His eyes moved towards his security team that had entered the room just moments ago, all holding assault rifles.

Dylan had not risen to the rank of General without hard work. People screamed as the sound of bullets rent the air, but many seemed to be murmuring in satisfaction. When the smoke cleared, they found, much to their shock, their enemy in perfect condition.

"How despicable," Dylan spat, his grey eyes glowing with barely suppressed power. The entire building seemed to shudder under his rage. "Is this how you treat a messenger who comes in peace? Have you no sense of honour?"

"This is how we will treat a filthy creature – a monstrosity – like you!"

"Kill him!"

"Freak! It's because of you that our country is in turmoil!"

"You orchestrated the First and Second World Wars, didn't you?"

"What if this creature is responsible for the state of our economy?"

"Our people are without food because these wizards have taken them all!"

"You will answer us, freak! Did you engineer the terrorist attacks that have plagued the world?"

Dylan clenched his teeth in anger as he kicked and punched the soldiers who were trying to physically subdue him. He shielded against the bullets with ease and with a jump, flew towards the ceiling. The Muggles gasped in shock as he floated in mid-air.

"I really thought you were all smart enough to understand what was being offered to you," he growled. "Accepting the Supreme Chancellor's peace accord would have served you well. But you're all fools. You're blaming us for your shortcomings and think no end of yourselves. Let me tell you something. I was raised in the Muggle world and I know about the First and Second World Wars. Wizards had nothing to do with it, as we were fighting a world war of our own! Why the hell should we care about your economy when we have our own lives and people to take care of?"

"Listen, you puny bastards, our Senate has formally declared war on the Muggle world, which is you. Had you accepted peace, you would have lived. But now, by attacking an envoy that came to you without arms and in peace, you have signed a warrant for your destruction. You wish to destroy us just because we have a gift that you don't? Just because our people and culture are different than yous?"

Taking a deep breath, Dylan sneered, "Well done. The next time I see you, it'll be on the battlefield!"

Twisting in mid-air, he Disapparated.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

"So they want war after all," Harry said quietly, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"I'm sorry," whispered Dylan, guilt coursing through his veins. "They just weren't willing to listen and reasoning with them after that didn't seem logical."

"Shh, it's not your fault," Daphne assured him, running her fingers through his hair as Dylan rested his head on her lap. Her eyes, though, were hard as steel. "You tried your best."

"I guess what the Elvin Queen said was true," he said wryly. "They really are unreasonable when it comes to magic."

"Well, at least now we know that we have exhausted all possibilities," sighed Harry. He rubbed his temples with his fingers, trying to calm himself. "Still no luck?"

"No," Daphne said through gritted teeth. "Look at these ward schemes!"

Dylan grabbed the magical computer device and frowned when he tried to comprehend the meaning and purpose of the various arithmetical equations and runes.

"I don't recognize this configuration," he said flatly. "Where was it installed?"

"That's the thing," Harry said quietly. "We found this particular cluster of enchantments in every magical city in the world – including Sowilo City."

"What? That's impossible," snapped Dylan. "I don't recognize this, Harry, and no enchantment can be layered on the existing ones without my or Daphne's express authorization."

"I didn't order this either," Daphne added. "But that's not the only puzzle. Harry and I invented this ward scheme. Do you see this runic pattern? The specific magical output configured using regulated Varasma flow? That has Harry's signature all over it. That's his style. And this protection formula is the one I invented."

"But you're not able to remember what is it?"

Harry exhaled in frustration. "No. I've meditated on this several times, but I haven't been able to find a specific answer."

"We couldn't have been Obliviated, so that means another form of magic is involved," Daphne piped in.

"I can't think of any other charm that can replicate the effects of an Obliviation better than the Fidelius," said Dylan a few moments later.

"That was our guess too," Harry replied, pacing the length of the room, clenching and unclenching his fists in frustration. "But the Fidelius hides a physical secret. This isn't physical."

Daphne frowned. "Not necessarily. Have you forgotten how your ancestors hid the name of Peverell using a modified version of the Fidelius Charm?"

Harry stroked his chin, contemplating the situation. "If that's the case, we won't be able to find out what is being hidden until we find the Secret Keeper."

"Granger?"

" … Perhaps."

He gazed out of the open window and let his mind wander.

'Where are you, Granger? What are you up to? What are you hiding? How did you manage this? Just when I thought I had one over you, you manage to complicate my life yet again. Who is helping you?'

Dylan turned to face his sister-in-law. "When will the temporal runic array be ready?"

There was a beep as the communication device lodged in Daphne's ear activated. She listened attentively for several seconds. "It's ready now," she replied.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

The citizens of Sowilo City were waiting with bated breath as the runes activated.

"Steady," Vice-Admiral Padma Patil instructed, checking the power levels constantly.

"All protective enchantments are in place. We're good to go."

"The runes are fully changed, ma'am."

"Create the time bubble," she ordered.

Harry was stoic as he watched from the distance. James was standing next to him, clutching him as if his life depended on it.

"We're going to be fine, Jamie," Harry assured the boy softly.

James buried his face in his father's chest. "I know," he said, his voice muffled.

Smiling faintly, running his fingers through his son's dark hair, Harry observed the spectacular phenomenon. The air shimmered for miles on end as the enchantments activated. A physical bubble formed around the city.

Operation 24 had begun.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

One day later …

London, England

"Are you sure our weapons are powerful enough?" asked the Defence Secretary.

Hermione sighed. If they ask me the same question one more time …

"Yes, they'll be enough to conquer Potter's forces," she replied for what seemed like the hundredth time. "We have enhanced the weapon systems on the fighter jets and the bigger military aeroplanes. We have also provided shielding to them. It's not just yours; we have done the same to several other militaries as well. You should easily be able to hold your own against their assaults."

"And what if we can't?"

"Then I'll think of something."

Hopefully, that something will never involve nuclear weapons.

"I'll ready the troops," the Defence Secretary said. "And from what our intelligence agencies have told me, many other countries are getting ready for war too."

"Not to worry," the Prime Minister said, waving his hand dismissively. "With the combined air power of several different military powers around the world, we are sure to win. Just keep them on standby so that we can launch an attack."

"Sir, do you think Potter will attack London?"

"I'm sure he will, once he has been pressured into attacking us," the Chief of the Defence Staff answered.

The Prime Minister leaned forward with interest. "What do you suggest?"

"None of us knows how wizards fight," he answered. When Hermione opened her mouth in protest, he beat her to it. "No offence, Miss Granger, but I doubt Potter and his men will be using any conventional tactics. I suggest that we test them. Knowledge is power, Prime Minister, and should we engage the enemy in battle, we'll know their strengths and weaknesses."

"Why can't we simply bomb the hell out of them as soon as they begin their attack?" the Defence Secretary offered. "I doubt they'll be able to handle so many jets dropping explosives on them."

"That tactic won't work during the first confrontation," Hermione butted in.

"And why not?" the man asked furiously.

"It won't work because that's exactly what he'll expect you to do," she shot back. "Don't forget that witches and wizards have the power to Apparate, meaning we can instantly move from one place to another. Should Potter get even a glimpse of the Royal Air Force heading towards his position, he'll simply move away and launch an attack from the opposite direction. You'll simply be wasting valuable resources. Potter knows that."

Momentary silence greeted her. The Chief bit his lip in contemplation.

"If these wizards can appear out of thin air, what's the guarantee that they won't simply waltz into London and seize the city?"

"And what would that accomplish?" asked the Prime Minister, raising his eyebrows. "Security in the capital has never been this high in history! Besides, a hit-and-run approach may work on a short-term basis, but it won't do well in the long run. It's an elementary mistake. No, if he's smart, he'll surround London and form a blockade so that we can't escape. Without help, it is easier to exert his influence over the masses or destroy them. We need to think from that angle."

"Correct me if I'm wrong," said Hermione slowly, "but you do have an impressive infantry unit with tanks and missile vehicles. Maybe that'll work against him. One of my teams did provide shielding to them as well; not sure which country, though. However, some of your weapons have definitely been enhanced with magic. Those will prove to be quite useful against Potter's forces."

"That's a good idea. We can use that time to assess the enemy's weaknesses. Once we have figured that out, we can launch a more powerful strike by bringing the air force into the picture."

"Then it's settled," the Prime Minister said finally. "Prepare the men."

"Yes sir!"

"We still need to provoke Potter into launching an attack," the Defence Secretary said quietly.

The Prime Minister nodded in agreement and turned towards Hermione. "Let's discuss the location of various magical settlements in the U.K., shall we?"

Hermione got a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

Twenty-four years later within the temporal bubble …

Sowilo City

Fifty-two-year-old Harry James Potter stood in the balcony of the palace, off his bedroom, overlooking the skyline of Sowilo City. It was nighttime. The breeze ruffled his hair and he shivered slightly as he felt the cool air on his bare chest, his skin still wet due to the shower he had just taken. He was leaning against the railing, completely nude, his gaze resting on the golden dome of magic that encircled the city walls. He could hear the constant murmur of voices from below. Druids were performing rituals, seeking the blessings of Mother Magic for a swift victory. This was their last night within the safe confines of the temporal bubble. It would be deactivated tomorrow, and they would go to war.

Anyone who would see him in this state would swear that he was no older than eighteen, a teenager just out of school. But Harry knew that it was not so. The unblemished body he had when he was a young man was replaced by scars on his upper torso. Hard muscles had developed due to the intense training sessions he took part in every day with the rest of the army. They were a testament to his experience and skills as a warrior. He wore them as a badge of honour.

Harry felt someone slap his bum playfully. Strong arms wrapped themselves around his torso from behind and Harry couldn't help but smile. "Hello, wife," he said softly.

"Hello to you too, husband," Daphne replied, the moonlight illuminating her face. She did not meet his eyes, nor did she stand next to him, choosing instead to hug him from behind. Her fingers delicately trailed the v-lines along his lower abdomen.

"I'm not going to fall for your tricks after these many years, Daph."

"Oh, who says I'm trying to manipulate you through sex?" she teased, nuzzling his neck, her fingers gently caressing his balls, knowing that he enjoyed it. Harry shivered in pleasure.

"I know you."

"Do you?" she whispered in his ear. Before Harry could process what she had in mind, she had pushed him on a conjured bed on the balcony floor, her hand gripping his erect penis, stroking it.

"Again?" smiled Harry, a teasing glint in his eye. "Were the three times this morning not enough for you, love?"

Daphne didn't answer. Harry spread his legs and leaned back against the pillows as she gently sucked on his erection, one hand holding his length and the other cupping his balls, fondling them. For several minutes, the only sounds that could be heard were the slurping sounds she made as she gave him a blowjob. Harry was thoroughly enjoying it.

"H-How do y-you do that?" he gasped. His leg was twitching and it wasn't long before he came, panting heavily.

"Your turn!"

His wife laughed. Harry smirked at her before leaning down to kiss her slowly. Their lips moved in sync, their souls were filled with warmth and love. His lips travelled lower, sucking on her nipples while his hands squeezed her breasts, making her arch her back in pleasure. Slowly making his way down, he placed each of his hands on her thighs and lowered his head, enjoying the process of orally pleasuring his wife.

"W-What is it with you a-and the b-balcony?" moaned Daphne. She could hear muffled chuckles from between her legs, but the hissing sound didn't stop. She could feel her husband's vibrating tongue licking her clit. With great effort, she pushed his head away. Harry kissed his way up to her lips while positioning himself over her.

"Oh, Daphne!" he groaned as inch by inch, his thick cock was engulfed by her wet heat until he was buried to the hilt. She moaned in pleasure when he slowly moved his hips, gently kissing and sucking on her neck.

"Faster, Harry," she whined.

"No," he whispered in her ear, panting heavily. "I want to remember this when I'm on the battlefield. I want to remember the happiest moments I've shared with my wife, should our theory about the Deathly Hallows be proven wrong."

Daphne's eyes snapped open. She could see the uncertainty in those beautiful green orbs. They simply stared at each other for a few moments before Harry resumed thrusting in and out of her vagina. Their lovemaking was slow and sensual, filling their souls with need.

Even though their responsibilities were numerous and their schedules very hectic, the couple always did their best to find some time for themselves. They loved their family dearly, but these tender moments with each other was what kept them from imploding due to stress.

Daphne moans got louder. Harry's thrusts were still slow but for once, she seemed to enjoy it. For quite some time, the only sounds that could be heard apart from the wind were their soft sounds of ecstasy and the slap of skin against skin. Finally reaching his peak, Harry increased the pace of his thrusts and he could feel the pressure mounting. He and Daphne cried out each other's names in pleasure as they achieved orgasm, the entire palace trembling slightly due to their combined magical powers.

Harry was breathing hard as he collapsed next to his wife on a conjured bed, his flaccid cock slipping out of her vagina. Daphne was panting too as she buried her face in his sweaty chest, her eyes half-closed. For several minutes, they enjoyed the silence and post-orgasmic bliss, content with being in each other's arms.

"Daph, can I ask you something?"

"Uh-huh."

"Are you scared?"

Daphne raised her head and looked at him. "About?"

"Our people. The Republic. Our children."

Not them. Not Dylan. The three of them didn't matter. All that was important was their cause and the people that depended on them.

"What if we aren't successful?" asked Harry, a hint of insecurity creeping into his voice. "What if something goes wrong?"

"People die during wartime," Daphne said quietly. "But as long as we're careful, we can minimize the casualties. The Republic will be strong; we have laid the groundwork for it over the past two decades. As for our children … Harry, Charlie and Bella are well-trained soldiers. They're capable of taking care of themselves. Also, James will be fine. He'll be well protected with the rest of the intellectuals."

"But –"

"We can't forever be their shield," she said patiently, cupping his face lovingly. "They're grown adults. They're married! They'll always be our children, but you have to learn to accept the fact that we need to move on. Only if we start now will we come to terms with it, whether in battle tomorrow or a century later."

Harry couldn't help but reflect on the lives of their children. All three of them had grown into outstanding people. Charlie, having always been driven by the physical arts and offensive magic, was nicknamed Dylan's protégé. His skills were unchallenged by his peers and his sound military foresight made even his seniors listen to him. With a calm mind, he was the source of inspiration for the younger members of the military. He held the rank of Commander in the Grand Army of the Magical Republic. His love life, however, was quite interesting. He was married to the crown princess of the Veela, a woman seven months his senior. Although his marriage had been for political reasons, he and his wife, Princess Rachelle, had bonded over time. She too was a seasoned warrior and the two of them drew strength from their shared interests. Harry knew that Charlie, while initially indifferent to marriage, was now deeply in love with his wife. He was thirty-three years old.

Belladonna, on the other hand, was a known marvel when it came to flying. She had quickly been selected for the Vaayu Corps, the air strike team, where her skills in piloting were put to good use. This, of course, was after she and her brothers had finished school. She too was a Commander and had a squadron of fighters under her wing. She had fallen in love and had gotten married to Rigel Black. While the two of them hadn't been anything more than family friends since childhood, their bond had deepened over the years. Harry wondered how Sirius would feel about that. After all, while the two of them were not strictly blood-related, the man did consider Belladonna as a granddaughter, and it might be awkward for him to get used to the fact that she was now actually his daughter-in-law.

James had always been the intellectual in the family. While he wasn't as strong as his siblings physically, his brain more than compensated for it. He was the wunderkind of the Department of Mysteries and had been personally involved in the creation of many of their inventions. The boy was practically a genius. James had caught the eye of a girl around his age who turned out to be a Muggle-born orphan that was taken in by the department due to her intellect. The girl, Ophelia, was well-known for her skills in Charms and Arithmancy and had, at one point, been Daphne's apprentice. The two shy kids had been friends since they were ten years old, and over time, their confidence and being at ease in their own skin made them confess their love to each other. They were now married, having earned the respect of many in Sowilo City.

Just thinking about it made Harry realise once more that his little kids had indeed grown up.

"You're right," he murmured. Daphne, taking note that he was upset, placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"You know that Dylan and I will be with you, right?"

"Always?"

"To the end of time."

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

The command centre of the Department of Mysteries was in a highly restricted building, right in the middle of Sowilo City. The room that housed the highest ranking officers was abuzz with activity. The temporal runes would be deactivated within the next three hours and they needed a new plan of action.

"Chancellor, Admiral," said Dylan loudly as he spotted his brother and sister-in-law entering the room. He thumped his chest with a closed fist and bowed, executing a full military salute, followed by his troops.

"At ease," Harry nodded at them. "Begin your briefing, General."

Dylan waved his hand. A blue-coloured three-dimensional figure of the planet appeared in-between them. E-Mirrors had long since been replaced by newer forms of magical technology. The entire room was silent as they waited for him to speak.

"As you all know, the Grand Army of the Republic is divided into two segments; one, the infantry unit that will attack on foot. The second is the Republic fleet that will attack from space."

The hologram of the Earth disappeared, giving rise to twenty-one warships. They were two designs; one was the Dreadnought-class, comprising of three ships. Massive in proportion, spanning nearly five thousand meters in length and armed to the teeth with weapons, they were sleek and shaped like a dagger. They would serve as the command ship for the General, Admiral and the Chancellor. The other eighteen vessels were the Chasseur-class starships. These too were dagger-shaped, but were smaller, measuring about one thousand meters in length and with lesser firepower. However, they were more manoeuvrable than their bigger counterparts, which was why six of these destroyers would be acting as support vessels to each of their command ships.

"Apart from these warships, we also have a large contingent of fighters," explained Dylan. "These small vessels will be very quick and armed with weapons. Considering the number of aircrafts the Muggles have at their disposal, taking them out with speed and accuracy is easier than letting our larger ships handle it."

"The Republic fleet will not be brought into action until the right time," Daphne took over. "The magical technology on these vessels, especially the Tachys drive, has not been tested yet. Also, it is not viable to give away our advantage this soon into the war, for we don't know how long it will last."

"It is more prudent to test the waters before getting fully involved," said a Vampire Lord quietly, nodding along.

"Which is the right place to begin our campaign?" asked Harry.

A goblin, Captain Snarktooth, cleared his throat. "We have identified these four places where we can begin attack using our infantry – the United States, Western Europe, Russia and China."

Harry stroked his chin. "If they team up together, we could have a problem," he observed. "Should India and China work together in Asia, and Russia, Ukraine and any neighbouring countries form an alliance in Eastern Europe, we would be forced to retreat. We can't go up against so many of their soldiers without backup from the fleet."

"I don't think we need to worry about that," said Nicolas Flamel.

"Why not?"

"Because the countries in question consider each other enemies," another female Elf answered. "The relations between Russia and Ukraine, and India and China are nowhere good enough for them to form an alliance in such a short time. I think Captain Snarktooth's plan has merit."

"Even so, what makes you think they won't simply send their military jets to fire on us?" asked a voice from behind.

Belladonna looked thoughtful. "If they do overwhelm you, I'm sure our fighters can handle them. A surprise attack from the air, while you're engaging them on the ground, would be an efficient plan."

"Reinforcements might be necessary at one point during the battle," Charlie agreed, joining in. "But I suggest we keep that as the last resort. Let's see how we fare on our feet first. We need to manipulate them into fearing us. That will work to our advantage. Remember that Lord Voldemort used the same tactic during his first rise to power. His Death Eaters wore masks and attacked in the dead of the night. Anyone caught saying his name would be killed. That sort of psychological damage broke the citizens of Avalon in a matter of months. I'm not saying that we should wear masks or attack with stealth, but should our initial campaign be declared a success, the Muggles would be overwhelmed."

"I like it," said Daphne. "But you all need to understand the purpose of this conflict. With the existence of magic now known to the Muggles, we have no way to go back underground. This is a fight for our very existence. At the same time, this is much more than that. The Muggles, due to their environmental pollution, are quickly destroying the planet. We cannot let that happen, for this is our home too! They are destroying the rivers, the forests, the wildlife and most importantly, the atmosphere. Should we fail, it won't be long before a natural disaster obliterates all life on Earth. This is what we're fighting for."

"Well said," praised Perenelle Flamel. "Our goal is to cripple their militaries so that we can get them to sign a treaty. Once the Muggles promise to stop using their fossil fuels that harm the planet and keep their dirty hands away from us, we'll retreat. Is everyone clear on this?"

"What is going to stop them from simply disregarding the treaty once they sign it? I honestly doubt they'd comply with the terms of the agreement!"

"Fear can be a powerful ally," answered Harry quietly. "That's what the Commander meant when he said that we need to target them psychologically through the battles we fight. Just seeing the massive Republic fleet in the sky will be enough to make them reconsider their actions, especially when their militaries are destroyed. The future of this planet is vital. The lives of every species depend on it."

"Confirming assignments," said Dylan briskly. "The Chancellor will be leading the strike team in Western Europe. Commander Potter, you're being assigned to Chancellor's team."

Charlie nodded.

"Commander Vlad," he addressed the Vampire Lord, "Russia. Captain Snarktooth, China. I'll be handling the United States."

"Is everyone clear on this?" Daphne pressed. "Timing is of the utmost essence. The fleet will be in space, testing the Tachys system. We will be able to provide backup only after the warships are fully operational. Your teams need to hold your own until we provide backup."

"We're ready, Admiral," said a young Veela male confidently.

"Let's do it," Harry announced.

"For the Republic!"

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

"She's a real beauty," commented Dylan, his eyes trailing the last of the warships as they disappeared from sight. "I can't wait to see her in action."

"I know what you mean," Charlie said, smiling faintly, "though I personally prefer the smaller Chasseur-class warships as compared to the larger Dreadnought-class ones."

"They were both designed for a reason, Charlie. The smaller ones give us manoeuvrability while the larger ones have higher firepower. In battle, we need both."

"True."

"What's their status?"

"The ships have avoided detection when they took off and they're now past the planet's atmosphere. They'll be here once they finish the final stage of testing."

"Good," Dylan nodded. "Let's go. We have a battle to win."

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

London, England

"Do you have the exact coordinates?" the Prime Minister pressed. "We won't get a second chance."

"Sir, these are the coordinates Granger gave us. Our initial scans couldn't pick up anything, but with her – ahem – abilities, we managed to locate their capital city."

The Prime Minister grinned. "Good. I'm surprised that she agreed to help at all."

The Defence Secretary rolled his eyes. "She's quite easy to manipulate once you know where to push the right buttons. She practically worships authority figures. Just say something on the lines of 'we need to stop Harry Potter', and 'this is what Ivan Krum would have done', and she'll fall for it hook, line and sinker."

"Oh, yes, I know. She truly is a blessing."

"Shall I order our men to fire?"

"Please do."

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

Avalon Minister of Magic Sirius Black was sitting in the balcony of his office in Camelot, sipping from a glass of tea as he read his son's letters. For Sirius, it had only been a day, but for Rigel, it had been twenty-four years, and during all this time, he had written letters to his father, intending to deliver them all after the temporal runes were deactivated.

'Rigel and Belladonna?' Sirius gave a watery chuckle, wiping the tears from his eyes. 'Well, stranger things have happened. I can't believe our little boy is married! Oh, how I wish you were still here to witness this, Amelia.'

Just as he was about to take another sip, a siren blared all across the city, with red lights flashing. He looked up in confusion and spotted a dozen missiles flying towards their position. His eyes widened.

They were under attack!

There was no time to alert anyone but Sirius was confident that the wards would prevent any damage; after all, they had anticipated an attack. He watched as the missiles impacted an invisible shield and detonated, the sky turning red on impact. Normally, that should have been the end of it, but Sirius was shocked to discover that the ground was shaking. The temperature was rising and within seconds, he could feel the wards beginning to buckle.

This was no ordinary Muggle bomb! It was clearly magical!

The Department of Mysteries had instructed every magical city in the world to power their anti-Muggle defence wards to their full power but nobody had said anything about a magical attack. Those enchantments were not fully activated since the conflict was not between two magical races. More magic had been diverted to power other enchantments that were to protect the cities from Muggle attacks.

That had been a blunder.

Sirius was quickly whisked away by his team of bodyguards but the city of Camelot was in chaos. Some of the buildings had caught fire due to the blast and people were panicking everywhere. Aurors and Hit-Wizards rushed to help as they Portkeyed several injured citizens to the hospital.

The moment Sirius was transported to his secured office, deep underground, used only during emergencies, he got to work. There was much to be done. Most importantly, he had to alert Sowilo City. Every magical settlement in the world would need to be protected at all costs. Muggle technology was not the only threat they were facing. Even if all their equipment had to be replaced on a daily basis due to excessive use, there was no other option but to power every protective enchantment that was burned into the ward script. It was something that was never done due to it being considered excessive and wasteful but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Kingsley," Sirius said in a low voice, addressing the new head of the D.M.L.E. "Get the intelligence wing to collect fragments of the debris left behind by the missiles."

The former Auror's eyes narrowed. "You suspect it too?" he asked. "Muggle explosives should never have penetrated our shields."

"Inform Harry and Dylan about this," Sirius ordered. "If you need me, I'll be on Level Ten. I need to speak to the head of the Department of Mysteries. None of our settlements shall be attacked again; not on my watch. I won't let more innocent people die because of this conflict."

Kingsley nodded briskly and the two wizards walked out of the room, heading in different directions.

The war had begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 2.2K 15
By: phoenixgirl26 Published with permission After hearing some plans that other people wanted for him, Harry Potter decides it's time to begin a new...
49.9K 1.3K 45
"She could always help me find light in the darkness." Weakening her, wilting her, a blood malediction poisons her. Astoria Greengrass was never dest...
Dark By Alysha

Fanfiction

1M 34.8K 45
Don't read please. Thank you. Chaos and war had befallen the Wizarding World and there was little to no hope of saving it when Harry found himself ba...