Saviour of Magic

By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

By Colt01 From:Fan fiction.net An intelligent, well-trained Boy Who Lived comes to Hogwarts, startling everyo... More

Prologue
Welcome Home, Harry
Sorting and First Impressions
A Shocking Discovery
Hello, Dogfather
A Leap Forward
For the Greater Good
The Duelling Champion
The Second Year Begins
P-P-Parselmouth?
A Union and an Attack
Daphne's Helping Hand
The Chamber of Secrets
A New Ally
A New Family Discovered
The Badger Found
Little Brother
Historic Escape
The Minister of Magic
Godric's Tale
The Quidditch World Cup
Back to the Chamber
Harry vs Hermione
The Fourth Champion
The First Task
Romance and a Book Release
The Yule Ball
The Second Task
The Dark Lord's Offer
The Aftermath
The Order of the Phoenix
Regulus' Secret
Apprentice Potter
The Defence Association
The Attack on Potter Castle
The Babbling Banshee
The Battle of Hogsmeade
Father and Son
The Final Battle
Awakening of the Clan
Destiny Revealed
The Start of a Revolution
Parents and Children
Meeting the Mentor
Knowledge is Power
The Obscurial Bunker
Creation and Destruction
The Grand Sorcerers
Allies Revealed
Prophecy and Politics
Change in Leadership
Stepping out of the Shadow
The Curse of Magic
Costly Mistakes
The Secret Ousted
The War Begins
Endgame
Epilogue:Mortals to Gods

The Union of Two Souls

1.4K 53 7
By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

Amelia had been true to her word. After she and Harry had discussed the salient points of the bill and how it would be implemented, she had passed on her notes to the lawmakers in the D.M.L.E., and within a week, it had been presented before the Wizengamot. Harry had attended the session that one time, as he was now eligible to sit on the body, and gave a passionate speech about how magical children shouldn't have to grow up in such filthy conditions, and how Tom Riddle, an abused orphan, had become Lord Voldemort because wizards like Albus Dumbledore had ignored the obvious signs of abuse.

The bill had been passed by the body, more so because of the sheer terror of the remote possibility of another Dark Lord rather than the collective influence the House of Black and the Peverell Clan held over the masses. The Boy-Who-Lived speaking before them also seemed to have been beneficial.

Initially, there was opposition to the new Magical Orphans Act because until now, it was a standard rule that Muggle-borns would be contacted and informed about the magical world only at the age of eleven. This had been quickly rebutted by Sirius and Cyrus' faction, which was now the most powerful block in the Wizengamot. The centrists had little political capital when Dumbledore and Voldemort held the strings, but since both of them were dead, the dynamics had changed. Families and elected representatives from both the liberal and traditional factions had migrated as the ideals of the centrists did appeal to them both. The red-blooded liberals and traditionalists were still in number, but as long as the Wizengamot came to a majority, it would be enough to pass any bill through.

Harry had long ago promised that any receipts from the book sales of the Founders of Hogwarts would be used for the development of magical orphans. With surprising efficiency, Wizarding Children Services was transformed into the new Department for the Welfare of Magical Children, and a homely building had been swiftly constructed in Hogsmeade that would house all the Muggle-born orphans. The Magical Daily was singing Harry and Daphne's praises for spotting a chronic problem that had existed in their society for a long time, ignored by the government until now. While Harry didn't really need more publicity, he didn't stop it, for he would need the people's support in order to further his goals for the full separation of the magical and Muggle worlds in the future.

Several dozen teams of Ministry wizards were deployed all over the British Isles to rehabilitate the Muggle-born children from the Muggle orphanages to their wizarding counterpart in Hogsmeade. The Department for the Welfare of Magical Children, under the keen eye of Madam Marchbanks, the great-granddaughter of Madam Chief Warlock Griselda Marchbanks, ensured that the children were well taken care of and comfortable. The entire process was complete within two months.

The orphaned children were shocked at the existence of the magical world. While some of them were old enough to have already started magical school, more than three-quarters of the orphans were under the age of eleven. Harry and Daphne had personally gone to the orphanage to see how the children were doing, only to receive several shouts of welcome. They had been surprised that the children remembered them; after all, they had hardly spent more than a couple of hours with each of them during their tour of the Muggle orphanages. Dylan had been the most affected by the incident. Having been raised in similar conditions and knowing how horrifying it was, using the gold that was available to him from the Lestrange vault, he had purchased several toys, clothes and books for the children. He later confessed to his brother that it was only fitting, considering the horrible crimes his family had committed during the two wars with Voldemort.

Sirius and Amelia had raised an interesting point which Harry and Daphne had not considered. Why should these children remain orphans? Adoption was very much possible, thus giving these children the chance to grow up with real parents. Since it was magically possible to fully adopt another person into the family, thus making the adoptee a genuine son or daughter by blood and magic, it was an excellent idea. The reason blood-adoption was considered important was that blood itself was sacred to witches and wizards all over the world. Magic in their bodies was channelled through blood and wizarding culture was based on family blood. It was not about blood-purity, but about magic.

There was a reason why druids performed rituals at wizarding weddings. There was a reason why such children were always blood-adopted and not simply given the last names of their adopted parents. It was because of the magical connection that existed between them. A married couple were literally bonded for life. That was why the term divorce didn't exist in the vocabulary of witches and wizards, and they had been scandalised and insulted when Muggle-borns brought the concept into the magical world.

The same could be said for parents and their children. Even though they could be harsh with their offspring, like Walburga Black and Rabastan Lestrange had been to their sons, or neglectful like Barty Crouch Senior and Orion Black had been, outright abuse was not possible. Their magical bond through blood prevented it. Rabastan had died, filled with guilt for what he had done to Dylan. Had he survived, it would have destroyed him mentally for nearly snuffing out his son's life. There were exceptions, like Marvolo Gaunt, but that was chalked off to insanity. Walburga Black too had succumbed to mental disorders during the later years of her life.

Adoption through blood was pretty much expected in the magical world. There were very, very few exceptions, like Harry and Dylan, who were adopted by Sirius and Amelia. That was a special case because the two boys had not taken the names of their adopted parents. It was purely symbolic, while in every other case, adoption was literally equal to giving birth to a child. The adopted child would be fully integrated into the family.

That was the reason why blood was considered highly sacred to all witches and wizards. It was a common misconception that blood-purity had anything to do with blood. The original concept had been perverted by Lord Voldemort to further his agenda. The term had initially been coined to denote those who were wizard-raised and Muggle-raised. The two cultures were fundamentally opposed, and this led to friction between them. The purebloods, having always held power in the magical world, did not take kindly to Muggle-borns criticizing their way of life that had existed for several millennia. This quickly led to anger and hatred, with all Muggle-borns considered to be unworthy of magical blood. The Statute of Secrecy only made things worse. Such bitterness and bigotry among the purebloods soon spread. Voldemort, having seen this, had used it as a means to gain power. And that had led to widespread chaos and destruction.

To counter this, Harry had stressed on the introductory classes on Magical Culture that were now being taught to all Muggle-borns at every school in Magical Britain. At the same time, knowledge about their past that was forgotten was also taught to the purebloods and half-bloods. Sirius, for one, was determined to end the disease once and for all. While it was a proven fact that blood didn't have anything to do with magical power, Voldemort's propaganda had corrupted innumerable minds and it would take much effort to get rid of such bigotry. Harry wanted to exterminate the idea of blood-purity, but for that, purebloods needed to get rid of their prejudice, and Muggle-borns needed to understand why wizarding culture and traditions existed, embracing the magical world of which they were now a part of. Bridging that gap would go a long way in shortening the divide between the two.

Change was slow, but it was noticeable.

Gringotts had been quick to advertise the blood-adoption ritual. Serena Miller had been the first at the scene. Having lost her entire family due to the actions of the Death Eaters and not having married again, she was childless. The world-renounced businesswoman had adopted four children – two boys and two girls, and they had all shyly agreed to go through the blood-adoption ritual. Harry, having maintained a good friendship with his business partner over the years, was pleased to note that the children were slowly adapting to their new lifestyles and the new mother was overcome with joy at finally having children of her own.

After being encouraged by Daphne and Astoria, Cyrus and Elizabeth Greengrass too decided to adopt an orphaned Muggle-born who had been brought to the orphanage. The five-year-old boy was somewhat happy, even if quite leery of his new family. With the adoption ritual complete, little Jacen Greengrass was slowly integrating into his new home. Jacen seemed to be very quiet, but the Greengrasses were doing their utmost best to help him adjust. The boy seemed to be unfamiliar with being in such opulent environments. While he was still nervous around his new father, he had quickly adjusted to his doting mother. Daphne and Astoria had taken the time to interact and get to know their new brother as well. Out of everyone in the extended family and group of friends, Jacen seemed to get along best with Rigel Black, who was the same age as the newly adopted boy.

Harry was happy that one more child was placed with a good family.

Child abuse would be a thing of the past, especially after stage three of Harry's plan would be complete.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

"Stay still, you idiot!" snapped Dylan testily. "Why in Merlin's name are you twitching?"

"You're not the one getting married, are you?" shot back Harry.

Dylan laughed. "Nervous, are we?" he teased as he adjusted his brother's hair. "There, done!"

Harry exhaled. He stood in front of the mirror and adjusted his ceremonial robes. He was wearing a pair of lavishly designed charcoal-grey dress robes. His hair was neatly brushed to the side, his bangs elegantly falling just above his right eye. Dylan was wearing similar dress robes, but while Harry's vest and tie were pale gold in colour, his were silver.

"Come on," said Dylan softly. "It's time."

Harry nodded as the two of them slowly made their way out of the room. They were in a summer cottage owned by the Greengrass family, situated in Scotland. The scenery surrounding the place was breathtaking. Fresh grass, the air rent with the gentle sound of flowing waterfalls, surrounded by colourful trees, the air thick with ambient magic made this the perfect place for Harry and Daphne to get married. They had decided to keep the ceremony very simple, inviting only family and close friends. Along with the Blacks and Greengrasses and each of their extended families, the teachers of Hogwarts had been invited as they had been the couple's mentors during their apprenticeship. Neville Longbottom, Susan Bones, Fred and George Weasley, Theodore Nott, Blaise Zabini and Tracy Davis were also present at the wedding.

Traditions for wizarding marriages varied in different parts of the world, but the underlying message of each was the same – the union of two souls through the blessings of Mother Magic. Some would have simple ceremonies like Sirius and Amelia had opted for, while others had elaborate magical rituals that needed to be performed. The members of the Peverell clan had always felt that their traditions shouldn't be ignored, and thus, to honour the long-standing custom, Harry and Daphne's wedding too would be presided over by a druid who would perform rituals for the happiness and fulfilment of the couple.

Harry smiled when Daphne slowly walked up to her husband-to-be. She was wearing a long dress of pale gold, filled with intricate embroidery. Her neck, ears and wrists were sparking with diamond jewellery. Her dark-blonde hair had been pinned up, held by a magnificent goblin-made tiara. She looked like a goddess when she smiled at him, her eyes filled with tears of joy.

The ceremony continued for several hours, and it was finally over by noon, with Harry and Daphne united with the blessings of Magic. After the ceremony, the group relocated to Potter Castle where they were to hold a banquet for the guests they had invited for the evening. While both Harry and Daphne had wanted a simple wedding, they knew that with Harry being a celebrity and Sirius being the British Minister of Magic, certain standards had to be maintained and people who needed to be invited. So, instead of inviting such people to a private wedding ceremony, they were invited to the castle for a ball.

That evening, several people from Britain and abroad had come to attend their wedding reception, intending to congratulate the married couple. Since Harry was the oldest son of the British Minister of Magic, the wedding list had several important and influential witches and wizards from around the world. The ex-Triwizard Champions had also made an appearance. Victor Krum had come down from Bulgaria with his new girlfriend, Cedric Diggory with Cho Chang, and Fleur Delacour with her fiancé Bill Weasley. Along with the newly married couple's friends and family, there were also important businessmen, Wizengamot members and international delegates from various magical governments and the I.C.W. who had been invited for the evening. Even the recently elected Supreme Mugwump had been personally invited by Sirius.

The important people of the magical governments and others with secure fireplace connections were permitted to use the Floo. Minister of Magic Sirius Black and his wife Amelia welcomed the guests warmly while five-year-old Rigel chatted excitedly with whoever spoke to him.

The other guests were to Apparate to the entrance of the grounds. The first thing they saw was the large gates with the crest of the Peverell clan proudly displayed on it. After Harry had revived the clan, the previous crest that had been buried was once more in use. A griffin and a thestral on either side, with a large shield in the middle; a single sword was pointed upward, but the handle of the sword had been designed as if there were actual rubies the size of eggs present, no doubt a replica of the Sword of Gryffindor. An intricate 'P' was carved on the shield, showing everyone the proud ancestry of the Potter family.

Thanks to the shrinking and displacement charms, they didn't have to spend hours walking to the castle from the front gates. After a short walk that lasted a couple of minutes, they found themselves in front of a magnificent castle. It seemed to be built from light grey stone, the exterior quite smooth to touch. Beautifully cut and maintained green ivy grew along the castle walls, giving it a regal look. A gigantic flag with the Peverell crest was proudly fluttering in the wind on top of a high tower.

The castle also seemed to be covered with flowers. So many varieties could be seen spread all over the place. People were also impressed with the fountains that seem to dominate the grounds. There were fountains of every variety! There was a multi-tier fountain right in front of the front door, there was a step-fountain, one resembling a waterfall, another which looked like a river with an actual bridge over it, and another seemed to emit different colours every passing second! It was spectacular!

The castle and grounds were illuminated on the outside with different lightning charms. Red, gold, silver, blue, violet, yellow, green – the colours seem to change at random with different combinations. Delicious snacks were given to the guests along with tea while they socialised. Lord Cyrus and Lady Elizabeth Greengrass were beaming as they welcomed everyone, with young Jacen seemingly attached to his father, still too shy to interact with anyone outside the family.

The inside of the castle was breathtakingly beautiful. The house-elves had taken it upon themselves to make the reception as grand as possible. The formal dining room had been expanded beautifully and six long tables were positioned with three on each side and in between, was a large round table meant for the bride and groom's family. The orchestra was positioned on the other side of the room, where the guests could clearly see them. The floor was charmed to resemble a leaf made of gold, while the crystal chandeliers provided more light, reflecting off the cutlery.

After a splendid feast, they were led to the Grand Ballroom. Golden lights were twinkling from the enormous chandeliers, with silvery stars falling from the roof. Ice sculptures of a tigress and eagle together were placed at every corner. Several glasses of champagne were served to all. Harry and Daphne spent the evening thanking people who had attended, conversing with several important witches and wizards from around the world. Finally, when the orchestra started playing slow music, they were able to share an intimate dance.

"Did you ever imagine that we would be happy to get married when we found out about the contract seven years ago?" asked Daphne.

A hint of a smile formed on Harry's face. "I thought it would be an unmitigated disaster," he admitted. "I didn't know how anyone would willingly put up with someone like me."

Her eyes narrowed. "Someone like you? What does that mean?"

"Someone as emotionally stunted as I am," shrugged Harry nonchalantly. "I'm not blind to my faults."

"No one is perfect, Harry," sighed Daphne. "I know I'm not."

Harry grinned. "I know you're not," he teased. "I can write a list of all your flaws, but I don't think I want you mad at me just yet."

Daphne rolled her eyes and smacked him playfully. She wrapped her arms around his muscular torso and rested her head on his chest. "You may not be perfect," she admitted, "but I'm not looking for perfection. I love you and I'm willing to accept you in spite of your flaws. That stupid contract could have been a disaster, but I'm glad that we managed to work things out."

"Things worked out for the better because we persevered. Our relationship has never been easy, Daphne. We've had our share of fights."

She snorted. That was the understatement of the century. They weren't really at fault because they had been acting their age - in other words, immature teenagers. They hadn't been mature enough to handle each other's frustrations day in and day out when they were at school. The two of them had grown up after Voldemort's death, having understood each other in ways they never had before. They would still have their share of disagreements and arguments, but those wouldn't resemble the immature fights the couple used to have when they were fifteen.

"No relationship in the world is perfect," replied Daphne. "I think what helped us, in the long run, was that we were friends – best friends – before we became a couple. We were already comfortable in each other's presence."

"True. I never expected to fall in love with you, to be honest, and I know that you didn't expect to fall in love with me either. I grew to respect you as a person, and that was enough for me. You accepted that I'm not as emotional as an average human being and that is more than I could ask for. You helped me achieve my goals; you still do! Your strong personality is what attracted me to you, but it was my respect for you that cemented our bond, at least from my perspective. I've always felt that love is secondary."

She smiled softly, seeing his point of view. "But that was when you were a thirteen-year-old boy. Do you still believe that love is secondary?"

Harry frowned. "I know that no one besides you will agree, but to me, respect is the most important aspect of any relationship," he said slowly. "My way of thinking has always been bizarre to most. I've never been able to understand the need for constantly expressing one's emotions."

"Not everyone is gifted with natural Occulmency barriers. Without those, you would have been like everyone else."

"Maybe so. But you have to admit, what's the point of me loving you unless I respect you as a person? Or your choices? Isn't such a relationship unhealthy?"

Daphne nodded in agreement as she closed her eyes in contemplation. They were getting introspective again and such discussions went on for hours on end. With comfortable silence, they swayed to the slow beats of the music, enjoying the other's close presence.

Harry rested his chin on her head. "I'm actually surprised by the way you brought me out of my shell," he said after a pause. "I wouldn't be the person I am today if not for you, Daphne."

"Same here," she murmured. A slow smirk formed on her lips as she asked, "Do you still think our marriage is a disaster waiting to happen?"

"I don't think ... I know."

"Harry!" Daphne cried indignantly, but she couldn't help but grin. "Remember, we're married now. That means I can use this as leverage against you in future arguments."

He smiled as he kissed her softly. "Like you've been doing for the past five years?" he teased.

"Exactly!"

"Well, my Lady, I may not have had positive views of either you or our betrothal when I was eleven, but I can honestly say that I was wrong. You're so much better than the girl of my dreams."

"You actually dreamt about girls? And here we all thought you were made of ice!"

"I was a hormonal teenage boy too, you know! I had fantasies and urges like everyone else. Not my fault you took care of it all since before my fifteenth birthday. So in retrospect, that was all your fault!"

"My fault? So I robbed you of your 'wild' teenage years, huh?"

"Exactly!"

Daphne smiled as she cupped her husband's cheek. "Is this another attempt to make me laugh?"

Harry swore under his breath. "I thought it would work this time," he frowned.

Daphne shook her head. "I don't care if you don't have a single funny bone in your body because you wouldn't be the person you are without those flaws. You, my dear husband, are defined by both your good attributes and the bad. I'm your wife, Harry, and that's not just a title. I'll accept you just the way you are, just as you have always accepted me despite some of my more annoying traits. I'm here to hold your hand in victory and pick up the pieces when you're down, never forget that."

The precise words were unspoken, but her message was clear.

I'm your partner in destiny. You're not alone.

Harry wrapped his arms tighter around her slim waist, his eyes surprisingly moist. They didn't need more words. Their embrace was enough to convey the immeasurable love they felt for the other. He closed his eyes as a content smile formed on his lips.

He was not alone.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

"Are you really leaving, Harry?"

The young Lord Potter stopped packing when he heard the small voice. He turned around and saw his littlest brother sitting at the foot of the bed. They were in Harry and Daphne's bedroom at Potter Castle, ready to leave for their world tour.

"Why do you want to go abroad for five years?" asked Rigel earnestly. "You can enrol at a university here, can't you?"

Rigel was very upset because he didn't want his oldest brother to leave. His hair turned a dull shade of grey and his violet eyes began tearing up. His lower lip trembled. Seeing the dejected look on the boy's face, Harry picked him up, held Rigel securely in his arms and walked towards the balcony that overlooked the expansive grounds.

"I'm not going to disappear for five years, Rigel," said Harry soothingly. "Even if I'm on the other side of the world, how long do you think it would take for me to come home and see you? Do you want me to come home every day to reassure you that I'm fine?"

"Not every day," said Rigel quickly. He wrapped his little arms around Harry's neck. "But can you come back once in a while?"

Harry kissed the boy's forehead affectionately. "I promise," he assured. "I'll come back as frequently as possible. Besides, we have mirrors, don't we?"

Rigel's face lit up. "So I can talk to you whenever I want?" he asked excitedly.

"Of course you can!" laughed Harry. The five-year-old boy immediately perked up at that, his hair turning bright blue as usual. Harry smirked when an arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"You're having a bonding moment and I wasn't invited?" pouted Dylan. "No fair!"

Rigel giggled hysterically as fingers brushed along his stomach. "Dylan, stop it! It tickles!" he laughed as Dylan levitated the boy away from Harry's arms.

"That's the point, Rainbow!"

"Don't call me that!" whined Rigel, now dangling upside down without any support. Dylan smirked as he tapped the kid on the nose.

"Well, technically not a rainbow because you can change your hair to other colours too, but what else would I call you?" he teased.

Rigel huffed. "You're the biggest meanie ever!" he shouted.

"Aww," sniffed Dylan, making fake tears appear on his face. "Does that mean I'm your least favourite brother?"

"No!" exclaimed Rigel, sounding panicked. "Sorry, Dylan, don't be upset! You're my favourite brother!"

Dylan grinned as he ruffled the boy's hair playfully, his eyes twinkling. "See, Harry? I'm his favourite brother!" he declared smugly.

"I'm his godfather," shot back Harry. "There's no competition."

"I hate it when you do that," grumbled Dylan as Rigel laughed. He let go of the little Metamorphmagus who ran back into the room to play with his toys. Harry instructed a house-elf to keep an eye on Rigel so that he wouldn't hurt himself. The two brothers simply leaned on the railings, enjoying the cool air blowing in their faces.

"What's your plan?" asked Dylan curiously.

Harry paused. "I received a letter from Nicolas Flamel," he said softly. "He's agreed to take me as his apprentice for Alchemy."

"That's great! But he lives in France, doesn't he? How will you study under his tutelage while globetrotting at the same time?"

"The Sorcerer's degree is not like a Master's," explained Harry. "I already know elementary Alchemy and its principles. Flamel will give me pointers here and there and help me with concepts I don't understand, but that's it. I'll have to work on the subject, study, and do research all by myself. If I make a breakthrough in the field, I'll be awarded the title of Grand Sorcerer instead since this is purely about research. I will probably spend four to six months with him in total over the next five years. It won't be a problem."

"And Daphne?"

"Enchanting. She has a real knack for Charms and Arithmancy, and I encouraged her to pursue it. That area of magic is very diverse, and together with Alchemy, it can create wonders."

"In case a war breaks out?" asked Dylan casually.

"In case a war breaks out," agreed Harry.

Dylan took a deep breath. "I need some advice. Do you remember me telling you that I wanted to be an Auror?"

"Yes," said Harry slowly.

"Well, no offence to Mum and Dad," he sighed, running his fingers through his loose brown curls, "but the training Auror cadets are given by the Ministry instructors is just too simple for me. It's more about law-enforcement than duelling. I won't learn much. I won't be challenged. I won't be satisfied with patrol duty. I want to learn battle tactics, top-notch offensive magic, and that isn't something that Aurors learn."

"You're right. If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a school somewhere Far East that specialises in Battle-magic? It has quite a reputation!"

"Yes," Dylan said in a low voice. "The school is in a remote place in Siberia. No one knows much about it, and it is positively ancient. They take only ten students from around the world every year. Do you honestly think I can get in with that sort of competition?"

"Of course you can," replied Harry easily. "Because not only are an outstanding duellist, you're also the Master of Death. No one in the world other than me and Daphne could match your power. They'd be fools to reject you."

Dylan hummed. "They take students of all ages and train them for five years. They don't care about your age as long as you meet their requirements. I don't want to waste the next two years, Harry. I need to make a decision now."

Harry took a deep breath. "It's an unknown place, filled with unknown people," he muttered. "But I've heard that it's the best school for battle-magic there is."

"I did my research. Gellert Grindelwald was accepted as a student after he was expelled from Durmstrang. Of course, he's not the only one, just the most well-known and controversial figure. I'm not too sure about it as the information I gathered was vague about this particular subject, but there is a link between the graduates of the school and the I.C.W's Department of Mysteries."

Harry remained silent. Both his mother and grandmother had been Unspeakables when they were alive. The journals Lily and Dorea Potter had left behind regarding their work were highly protected, but he had managed to get through the enchantments. He knew a lot about the department, but not from the global level. This information was something he had not anticipated. It shed a whole new light on the workings of the International Confederation of Wizards.

"Did you talk to Astoria about this?"

"She wants me to go, or at least try to get in," sighed Dylan.

"Astoria can take care of herself. Don't sacrifice your future for –"

"– I know," he interrupted. "Tori and I are mature enough in our relationship to handle it … at least, I hope so. We've already discussed the possibility of me going there and she's fine with it. I can always make time to see her, and unlike Muggles, international travel for us is very quick. That's not the issue. I wanted to know your opinion on the matter. What do you think I should do?"

"It's your decision, Dylan," said Harry, wrapping an arm around his brother's shoulders. "If you don't get in, at least you tried! But if you do, the knowledge, training and experience would surely help in the long run. Even if I don't know the name of that school, I've heard about it. There has to be something to it that makes it a world-class centre for training in offensive magic."

"The name of the school was derived from some ancient language which no one understands anymore, but apparently, people now call it the Siberian Academy of Battle-Magic."

"What else do you know?" asked Harry, his eyes narrowed.

Dylan smirked. "There's a reason Grindelwald managed to gather international support and managed to win battles for several years," he said. "This school has strong connections to the I.C.W. They have the best instructors from all over the world."

"How do you know about all this if they're so secretive?"

"My great-great-grandfather was an alumnus of the academy," Dylan answered. "I found the information in the Lord's study in Lestrange Manor. I found something more as well. You were right; the post of Supreme Mugwump isn't some dummy position. Albus Dumbledore certainly tried to portray it that way, though, but from what I have seen from my father's notes of the war, it was because of Dumbledore's international position that Voldemort had been unable to take the war out of Britain. While he hadn't been able to curb the attacks in the country, Dumbledore cut off Voldemort at the knees when it came to international influence, using his position as Supreme Mugwump to keep other countries at bay. I'll give the old coot credit where it's due."

"I see," muttered Harry, staring into the distance, his eyes turning a darker shade. He had not known about the power the head of the I.C.W held over the international magical community until he had viewed Dumbledore's memories a couple of years ago. Plans were already being made as Harry kept his eye on the proverbial chessboard. "What else?"

"The students of the academy were called upon to serve in the army of the International Confederation of Wizards when Grindelwald was taking over the world," said Dylan. "Apparently, that's the contract they have with the Confederation, but Grindelwald managed to escape from it, and many of his mates from the academy joined him. That's why he seemed to be unstoppable, and that was not just by being the master of the Elder Wand. Along with connections in several countries, he had lieutenants who were amazing duellists. When I said the I.C.W has vested interest in the academy, I meant it. My ancestor's notes on the school are not very detailed, but this is a fact."

"The I.C.W can raise an army, and if or when they do, they have a ready group of highly trained elite warriors, and they're all graduates of the Siberian Academy of Battle-magic, and along with them, the I.C.W has strength through numbers in the form of Aurors and Hit-Wizards from every magical government in the world. Of course, the Confederation can form an army only when there's an international emergency, and the size depends on the nature of the threat, but it has been done before during the Grindelwald war."

"How did Grindelwald and his mates rebel if there's a contract?" asked Harry curiously.

"That contract is to maintain secrecy, not loyalty," he laughed. "Those who get selected by the academy are powerful and talented witches and wizards. Do you honestly think they would enter into loyalty contracts? No one is that gullible! That's why I was so shocked when you revealed that Draco Malfoy had sworn fealty to you!"

"Draco Malfoy," shrugged Harry. "He has his uses. Lucius Malfoy had ears underground when he was alive and little Draco has been trying to step into his father's shoes. Our information network through our house-elves can't operate everywhere. Besides, the Malfoys needed to be taught a lesson; it was their fault primarily for aiding Voldemort as much as they did. Without the help of Abraxas Malfoy and Randolf Lestrange, Voldemort would never have grown as much as he had in his initial years. He trusted them enough to give each of them his Horcruxes. Besides, at the time, I was too pissed off to care. Draco should consider himself lucky that I didn't end his miserable existence. Had something happened to you or Daphne ..."

There was a pause, as the two of them enjoyed the silence, pondering on their discussion.

"When do you get to meet them for an admission test?"

"Next week," answered Dylan.

Harry nodded. "Let's go downstairs. A few rounds of duelling will refine your abilities."

Dylan snorted, his grey eyes twinkling with amusement. "I can so beat you, egghead!" he teased.

"In your dreams, brat. Have you forgotten that I was the one who taught you?"

"Dolt!"

"Dunce!"

"Moron!"

"Meanie!" shouted Rigel excitedly, joining the banter between his two older brothers as they entered the bedroom.

Harry and Dylan groaned. Such words were not appropriate for a five-year-old boy to hear.

"Fuck, Mum's going to kill us!" sweated Dylan.

"What does fuck mean?" asked Rigel curiously.

Harry smacked his brother upside the head. "We were already cursing and you use that in front of him?" he snapped.

"Rigel, whatever you do, don't say that word again," begged Dylan.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" chanted Rigel happily.

"Fuck," Harry muttered under his breath, cringing at what Amelia would say once she found out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 1.5K 55
Summary: Thirty-Four year old Harry Potter travels back in time, adopting the name of Blake Slytherin - he interferes with his own trial and messes w...
74.6K 2.2K 15
By: phoenixgirl26 Published with permission After hearing some plans that other people wanted for him, Harry Potter decides it's time to begin a new...
40.3K 1.6K 13
When Harry's name comes out of the Goblet of Fire, he is livid. He didn't bloody want to join a deadly tournament, but it seems like no one believes...