Saviour of Magic

By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

By Colt01 From:Fan fiction.net An intelligent, well-trained Boy Who Lived comes to Hogwarts, startling everyo... More

Prologue
Welcome Home, Harry
Sorting and First Impressions
A Shocking Discovery
Hello, Dogfather
A Leap Forward
For the Greater Good
The Duelling Champion
The Second Year Begins
P-P-Parselmouth?
A Union and an Attack
Daphne's Helping Hand
The Chamber of Secrets
A New Ally
A New Family Discovered
The Badger Found
Little Brother
Historic Escape
The Minister of Magic
Godric's Tale
The Quidditch World Cup
Back to the Chamber
Harry vs Hermione
The Fourth Champion
The First Task
The Yule Ball
The Second Task
The Dark Lord's Offer
The Aftermath
The Order of the Phoenix
Regulus' Secret
Apprentice Potter
The Defence Association
The Attack on Potter Castle
The Babbling Banshee
The Battle of Hogsmeade
Father and Son
The Final Battle
Awakening of the Clan
Destiny Revealed
The Start of a Revolution
Parents and Children
The Union of Two Souls
Meeting the Mentor
Knowledge is Power
The Obscurial Bunker
Creation and Destruction
The Grand Sorcerers
Allies Revealed
Prophecy and Politics
Change in Leadership
Stepping out of the Shadow
The Curse of Magic
Costly Mistakes
The Secret Ousted
The War Begins
Endgame
Epilogue:Mortals to Gods

Romance and a Book Release

2.9K 100 9
By GAMERWHITEDEVIL

Fleur Delacour was hanging out with her friends in Hogsmeade as she kept an eye on Harry Potter. He had just entered one of the high-society shops in Hogsmeade called Twilfit and Tattings along with that younger boy he had referred to as his brother. Telling her friends that she would meet them later, Fleur entered the shop too and could immediately realise why it was not as crowded as the rest of the village. This shop was meant for the elite. She kept browsing through some of the clothes while keeping an eye on Harry. She was here to ask him something important and finally had the privacy to do so.

"If it isn't Lord Potter," said Mr Twilfit with a broad smile. "Congratulations on your emancipation, Harry. I watched you during the First Task of the tournament, and if I may say so, you were brilliant. How may I help you today?"

"Hello, Jacen. We're here to buy dress robes for my brother," said Harry, a small smile forming on his lips as he nodded to the young man.

Jacen Twilfit was in his early twenties and was the son of the owner of Twilfit and Tattings. Jacen managed the Hogsmeade branch of the company while his parents operated the shop at Diagon Alley. Having interacted with the Boy-Who-Lived over the past few years, he had taken a liking to Harry, which was why the two were on a first name basis.

"It's a please to finally meet you, Mr Lestrange," said Mr Jacen Twilfit formally, shaking the boy's hand. "Now, what material are you looking for? The usual, Harry?"

"Yes. Acromantula silk would do perfectly. What colours do you recommend if his date is dressed in purple?"

"Charcoal Grey would do," said Mr Twilfit as he flicked his wand, causing a mannequin to appear, wearing similar coloured dress robes. "I would recommend a light purple shirt and a dark purple tie. Do you want a long tie or a bow tie?"

Harry looked at Dylan with raised eyebrows. "What do you think?"

"I have never seen you wear a bow tie before," said Dylan, looking at the mannequin curiously.

"That's because I don't like it," Harry shrugged. "I prefer a long tie. Let's see which suits you best and we'll go with that."

Mr Twilfit again flicked his wand at the mannequin and Dylan frowned when he saw the bow tie. "No, you're right. I think I'll go with the long tie," he said as he observed the other one.

"I think this design is too simple, Jacen," observed Harry. "Add a vest to it, will you?"

Mr Twilfit caught on to Harry's idea. The shirt changed to white in colour and a purple vest appeared, with a tie of the same colour. The trousers and expertly styled robe changed to dark charcoal grey.

"Cool," said Dylan, looking impressed.

"I like it too," said Harry, nodding in appreciation. "Now, how do we make it better?"

"What do you mean? It looks perfectly fine to me!"

"Your brother is right, Mr Lestrange," said Mr Twilfit with a smile. "It needs a few extra items without which it would look ordinary. I'm sure you would have observed it on Harry's dress robes before."

"Harry! You can't be serious! Are you sure about this? Your dress robes are very fancy and expensive," he whispered, looking apprehensive.

"Trust me on this; I've done this several times before. They may be very expensive, but they last you a long time and can be recycled as you grow up. Ever since I was a child, the portraits at the castle drilled into me that I should always look impeccable and that appearance and the way I carried myself were important for someone of my standing. You're the scion of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lestrange, a family whose name has been tainted horribly in recent years and the Yule Ball is an important event, so try to understand the seriousness of this and why we're buying this stuff. We're doing this to secure your future, Dylan, so don't look at the price tag because we can easily afford it. You already have a bad reputation because of you being born out of wedlock and being dressed sloppily will not help matters," said Harry seriously. "I can't believe you don't own a watch. That's the next item on the agenda for today."

"Not more shopping!" groaned Dylan.

"Hey, be glad that I convinced Daphne that I would handle it! If she were here, she would have insisted that you try on different materials and colours until she agreed with it. I spared you three excruciating hours by not bringing her here, but I have to admit, her fashion sense is much better than mine."

"Remind me never to go shopping with her then," he shuddered. Harry mentally snickered. He didn't want to mention to his brother that Astoria was worse.

"What about you, Harry?" asked Mr Twilfit as an assistant came forward to take Dylan's measurements.

"I'd like a tie and vest both in deep wine red; no shirt, robe or trousers. The extras are the same as usual."

"You already own a white shirt, but why no robe or trousers?" whispered Dylan curiously.

"I have something special for that," Harry smirked. "I have been itching to try it out and I finally have the occasion to do so. I –"

"Harry!" Fleur greeted him happily, deciding to finally announce her presence. "Finished shopping?"

"Hello, Fleur. I didn't see you there. Are you here to buy a dress for the ball?"

"Oh no, I got my dress before I left France," she replied. "I was just checking out the clothes here. I forgot to congratulate you after the First Task. Your approach to getting past all the obstacles was amazing."

"Thank you," said Harry, turning back to the assistant as the tape automatically measured him. "You did very well too. Are you excited for the Yule Ball?"

"Oh yes," said Fleur flirtatiously. "But I still don't have a date yet, so I was wondering ... would you like to go to the ball with me, Harry?"

Dylan blinked his eyes in shock. Surely this girl must know that Harry was already taken, right?

"Fleur, I'm flattered that you would ask me," said Harry slowly. "But I already have a date. I'm taking my fiancée, Daphne Greengrass."

"Fiancée?" asked Fleur in confusion and not a little anger. She found it difficult to control her instincts. Her Veela nature demanded that she find a powerful mate and when she did, especially one who was resistant to her allure, he was already engaged to be married?

"Yes," answered Harry as he gave his Gringotts debit card to Mr Twilfit to pay for their purchases. "We have been betrothed for three years now. I love her."

"I see," said Fleur quietly.

"I apologise for having to decline your offer, Fleur, but I won't be going to the ball with anyone else," said Harry after a pause. "Daphne is the love of my life and there is no power in the world that can change that. I'm sure you'll find someone else to take to the ball who is worthy of you. Good luck!"

Dylan didn't waste any time in dragging Harry out of there. He needed to find Daphne and tell her what happened. He didn't know if Harry observed the anger in that girl's eyes, but he certainly did. Were all Veela like that or was it just her?

"Didn't she know that you were betrothed?" asked Dylan, not a little ticked off. The past year and a half of being with Harry all the time made Dylan really appreciate Daphne's presence in his life as well and so he did not like it when someone did anything to make Daphne upset like that. Dylan really looked up to her and Fleur looked like a potential problem.

"Well, going by her reaction, it was obvious that she didn't. It's her nature, Dylan, we can't blame her for that," said Harry calmly as they browsed a selection of magical wrist watches after buying one for Dylan. "She is probably attracted to me because I'm one of the very few who can resist her allure. Now that she knows that I am betrothed, she will leave me alone. Besides, it was just a simple invitation to the ball, nothing more. She politely asked me and I politely declined. There's nothing more to it."

"And what if she decided to fight Daphne to claim you from her?"

"What am I, a toy?" asked Harry incredulously. "I doubt that's going to happen. Veela may be magical creatures, but they are highly intelligent. Sure, their heritage makes them more primal, but I have seen more witches and wizards who act without control than Veela. I'm actually impressed by the control she has over her powers. She is quite talented and would not have been selected as a Triwizard Champion otherwise."

Dylan was unusually quiet as they left the shop. After five minutes when Harry didn't get a proper response, he frowned. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing …"

"Dylan!" protested Harry, turning him around, waving a hand to wandless cast a privacy charm around them both.

"There are several dozen girls at Hogwarts who fancy you, if not more," Dylan whispered, looking upset. "There are several more in Beauxbatons and Durmstrang as well, but you readily ignore all of them. You hardly speak to them unless they come looking for a conversation but yet, you don't do anything to stop Fleur from blatantly flirting with you. Don't you see how much it hurts Daphne's feelings every time she does that?"

"I really don't understand that," Harry frowned slightly. "Why is Daphne getting so worked up over this? She's becoming more and more withdrawn as the days pass by."

"That's because Fleur has been flirting with you during every meal since she came to Hogwarts and it has increased ever since the Yule Ball was announced. You haven't really noticed that, have you? Harry, she's bloody terrified that Fleur will steal you away from her! You know how much Daphne loves you and –"

"I have told Daphne over and over again that she has nothing to fear from her! Why does she doubt me?"

"It's not that she doesn't trust you, Harry, but the problem is that you don't realise that Fleur might actually be a threat," said Dylan softly. "You haven't observed the impact she is having on Daphne, but Astoria and I have. I'm not blaming you, but unless you fix this right now, it could damage your relationship with Daphne in the future and should that happen, you'll never forgive yourself for it. You're my brother, Harry, and I love you; I don't ever want to see you unhappy, but you will never be happy if Daphne is depressed, you know that."

Harry's form was unusually still as he let his mind wander. Had he been so oblivious to Daphne's emotional needs for so long? He knew that she was a mature, strong-willed and determined girl, but Harry remembered every instance over the past month where she would shut herself away, and Harry suddenly realised that during every instance, he would either be talking to Fleur or about her and sometimes defending the French girl because of her heritage. Was that why Daphne felt like this? Did she think he was attracted to Fleur? Another memory flashed to his mind as he recalled what Daphne had told him several weeks ago when they had been duelling in the Room of Requirement; it was the incident when Daphne thought she had killed him.

"I can't begin to describe how much I love you," whispered Daphne softly, looking into the emerald green orbs as she cupped his cheek. "That's why I'm scared."

"Thanks for your help, little brother. I need to talk to Daphne," muttered Harry. "Where is she?"

"We were supposed to meet for lunch at the usual spot by the large Oak tree in front of Dominic Maestro's Music Shop," he said quietly and left. "Good luck."

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

Daphne Greengrass was standing at the base of a tree, looking at the beautiful Scottish scenery around her. Snow covered the high mountains and the cold breeze blew against her face, making her dark-blonde hair flutter in the wind. Putting her hands into the pockets of her white leather jacket, she activated the warming charms embedded in her clothes to counter the cold wind. Daphne was just about to turn around to head back to the castle when she heard an eagle's cry. Looking up, she saw a familiar golden eagle perched on a branch above her. The eagle's eyes were a stunning emerald green and there was a dark patch above the right eye shaped like a lightning bolt. Looking unconcerned, she turned back to the scenery, a ghost of a smile forming on her lips.

"What are you doing here, Talon?" she asked, looking up at the bird, her eyes twinkling slightly in amusement as she used Harry's Marauder nickname.

The eagle screeched.

"I'm sorry but I don't speak bird; you'll have to translate," said Daphne as she sat down on the ground, vanishing the snow with a flick of her wand. The eagle made a clicking sound as it hopped to the ground next to her. Daphne couldn't help but smile at the sight of the large bird. It might look intimidating to others with its razor-sharp talons, powerful beak and large wings, but she wasn't intimidated at all. She gently stroked the feathers.

"I know what you're thinking," said Daphne softly to the eagle. "I ran into Dylan and Astoria on the way here. He told me everything."

The eagle made soft sounds as it butted its head against her hand. Daphne turned and looked into its eyes. "I'm not mad at you. How can I? You don't understand any of this. I don't blame you, Harry, I really don't. Don't blame yourself either. Yes, you still are unfamiliar with how to comprehend emotions and how to deal with people, but I'm proud of how well you have improved over the past three years. However, I can't help the way I feel about this. I know that you feel protective of me, and I don't for a second doubt the love you have for me, but ... I don't know how to explain it. I feel like I'm not up to the mark when I compare myself to Delacour."

The eagle screeched again and shook its head as Daphne chuckled humourlessly. "I know, in your eyes, I am perfection and you have no idea how much that means to me. According to Mother, it is teenage hormones," Daphne said, shaking her head in exasperation. With a sigh, she continued, "Why do you let her so blatantly flirt with you, Harry? Why don't you put a stop to it?"

The eagle just looked at her blandly. Looking around to ensure no one was watching, Harry shifted back to his human form and sat down, pulling Daphne to his lap.

Holding her with her back to his chest, he said, "I did put a stop to it today. I told her that you are the love of my life and that nothing can keep you away from me. Daphne, she is not doing it intentionally; she is just following her Veela instincts. She is naturally attracted to powerful wizards and I also happen to be immune to her allure. I'm not denying that she has faults; Merlin knows, I've seen her constantly complaining about Hogwarts food and her condescending attitude annoys several people, including me."

"But tell me something; how would you feel if every guy you met only lusted after you? Wouldn't you wonder if you could ever be in a relationship? You already get a lot of attention from the boys at Hogwarts and they stay away because of me. Just think about the increased attention you've received from boys from the two foreign schools over the past month and a half. What if we had not been betrothed? Just imagine how your life would have been with boys trying to get into your pants because of your looks and also for your title and money. Can't you see where she is coming from? I can understand her position, with me being hailed as the Boy-Who-Lived. As for her being attracted to me – well – I'm not tooting my own horn or anything, but she is hardly the only one. I've told you over and over again that I'm not interested in her and that I deeply love you. Why is that so hard for you to understand?"

Daphne turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face in his shoulder. Smiling slightly, Harry wrapped his arms around her, gently running his fingers through her long hair.

"What do you see in me?" she asked, pulling back, looking into his eyes. "If not for the betrothal contract, you would never have spoken to me. Maybe you would have found someone better. You still have that opportunity, but you don't use it. Why?"

Gently cupping her cheek, he nuzzled his face against hers. "Because you are perfect," he said softly in her ear. "You, Daphne, are everything I could ever want in a girl. No one would understand me better. You helped me discover parts of myself I have never known before. I have always suppressed my emotions because of my natural Occlumency barriers, not to mention what happened with my relatives, and when I came to Hogwarts, I had no idea how to comprehend the new emotions I was feeling. You entered my life and made me feel emotions which I could not understand."

"I saw a young, very intelligent, beautiful young girl who could keep up with me. I saw a girl who was not afraid to argue with me and tell me when I'm doing something wrong. I saw a girl who was smart enough to use a mirror to check for threats so that she didn't die by the stare of a Basilisk. I saw a girl who didn't back away from me even though she was petrified and nearly died because of her relationship with me; if anything, she stuck even closer to my side after that incident in order to do her best to keep me safe. I saw a powerful and talented girl who mastered the Patronus Charm at the age of thirteen, enough to help me drive away three hundred Dementors. I saw a girl who stood by my side when the entire country was shunning me because of my talent of being able to speak to snakes. Not once did she step away from me, always giving her undying support which I badly needed back then."

"I saw a girl who came by to help a traumatised young boy, even after she found out the said boy was the son of one of the most dangerous Death Eaters in the country, just because her fiancé said so. I saw a girl who patiently explained what love was to a thirteen-year-old boy who had never understood that emotion. I saw a girl who taught me how to dance even though you never had the obligation to do so. I saw a girl who took the responsibility of looking after my godson when I could not, forming a bond with the child because of his relationship with me. I saw a girl who formed a deep bond with a young boy when she realised how much Dylan meant to me."

"I saw a girl who was traumatised beyond belief when she realised that I could die when my name came out of the Goblet of Fire. I saw a girl who cursed Marietta Edgecombe in the face when she called me a cheat in public, willing to brave detention for doing so. I saw a girl who is so talented in Charms that I know that she would be known as the Queen of Enchanters one day. I saw a girl whose heart is so filled with love for me that she can't stand to even think of losing me to someone else. I saw a girl who I'm so completely in love with that I can never imagine living my life without her. Tell me Daphne, when I see all this, why on earth should I even bother looking at someone else, Veela or not?"

Daphne hugged him tightly, her face buried in his neck, her form trembling. Harry rocked her back and forth as he calmed her down. Looking back at him, she leaned up and gently and lovingly captured his lips, kissing him passionately, pouring all the love she felt for him. After a minute, they broke apart, their foreheads touching each other as they gazed into each other's eyes.

"A heartfelt confession for someone who says he suppresses his emotions," said Daphne teasingly as she placed light kisses along the side of his face.

"You know that I would go to the ends of the earth to make you happy," said Harry quietly. "Letting my emotions take control for a while is a small price to pay as long as you are happy."

"Well, I certainly appreciate the gesture," said Daphne. "I love you too, Harry. I'm sorry for reacting the way I did. I promise you, it will never happen again."

"Good. And I promise to keep my jealousy in check too. Now, how about we go on a date?"

"Where?"

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

"Why do you shop so much?" cried Dylan. "Don't you have enough already?"

"I'm not buying these only for myself! These are gifts I need to give to everyone for Yule," said Astoria defensively.

"The next time I volunteer to shop with you, would someone please confine me to the Hospital Wing? This is torture!"

Astoria laughed. "Oh, alright you big baby! Let's take a break. Look! Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop is just around the corner."

"What's that? Do they serve good pastries?"

"They do. The older students go there for – ahem – anyway, the pastries are quite good. Come on."

"As long as I get to eat, I'm fine with it."

They entered the shop and Dylan raised his eyebrows. The decorations were all pink and frilly and his eyes widened.

"Tori, don't you think it's a little inappropriate to come here when we're not dating?" he asked, blushing slightly.

"Is that an invitation for a date in the future?" asked Astoria coyly as they took a seat. "Is that what you're saying, Dylan?"

Dylan's face turned pink and glared at her when he saw her snickering. Suddenly, he groaned and buried his face in his hands.

"No, not again! I swear I'll be scarred for life with those two around me!"

Astoria looked at him with raised eyebrows and turned back to see what was happening and immediately regretted it. Her face too turned pink in embarrassment. Behind her, Harry and Daphne were sitting at a table, ignoring their tea, engaged in a very intense make-out session. Dylan felt like banging his head on the table.

"What do you mean 'again'?" asked Astoria curiously.

"Have you forgotten that I live with that dolt?" whispered Dylan. "You would think that living in such a large castle would give them ample privacy but nooo ... I have lost count of the number of times I have walked in on them like this; no, I have walked in on them when it was worse. At least Harry is wearing clothes this time."

"NO!" whispered Astoria in shock, urging him to go on.

"YES!" Dylan grinned. "Harry doesn't care much for clothes at home; it's one of his little quirks. I was quite embarrassed when I first saw him naked, just after he had achieved his Animagus transformation, and again after I moved into Potter Castle, seeing him move around in a state of undress. What surprised me was that he didn't seem to care. When I asked him about it, he said that he was more comfortable that way and that he had gotten used to moving around without clothes since the time he was seven or eight years old. He said that in his house, he would do what the hell he wanted. It was a little awkward for me for a few days, but then I got used to it until I didn't even realise it much. As for my brother and to-be sister-in-law, they don't really care that people might be watching but at least Daphne has the sense to keep her clothes on. Harry, on the other hand," he chuckled and continued, "There have been some amusing instances too, though. Why, this one time, my dog Tango began chasing Harry and it turned out to be something hilarious. You see ..."

An hour later, they finished their food and walked out, idly noting that the older couple was in no hurry to finish their date.

"So," said Astoria casually. "Have you ever walked the corridors of Potter Castle nude, just to test Harry's theory of it being comfortable?"

When Dylan was looking anywhere but at her, refusing to meet her eyes, she burst out laughing. "Please tell me you didn't!"

"He was not wrong in his theory of it being comfortable! The only other occupant of the castle was my brother and he obviously didn't mind and there were no girls around, so what was the problem? As he said, I'll dress, or in this case, not dress, the way I want in my house. It's big enough to give us ample privacy and the portraits don't really count as people."

"Isn't it awkward?"

"It's a personal preference, I guess," Dylan shrugged. "I admit, I couldn't look Harry in the eye for a couple of days in the beginning, but once I got used to his presence, it didn't feel strange. I also had to get used to being comfortable in my own skin, and that took courage and self-confidence, something I didn't have at the time. As for it being awkward, he's my older brother, not some boy or girl next door who likes to perv at me. It's our house, Tori. If we're comfortable with it, then that's what we'll do. As Harry said, no one has the right to deny us that freedom."

"I see now why you appear to be a lot more confident than last year," teased Astoria. "Maybe I should sneak in when you're least expecting it to take a peek and see what you're hiding under those clothes. What do you say, Dylan?"

"Shut up," mumbled Dylan, his cheeks colouring pink. He coughed; he couldn't stop blushing. Why was it so hot all of a sudden? Wasn't it supposed to be winter?

Astoria snickered.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

"It's ready," said Sirius, showing the book to Harry. "Obscurus Books told me that one hundred thousand copies have been printed and according to their estimates, they'll need to print a million more to keep up with the demand for exports."

"You're kidding," said Harry, his eyebrows raised. "You think people abroad would want to read it?"

"The Founders of Hogwarts are rather famous, Harry," said Sirius with a shrug. "Witches and wizards abroad may not know anything about them, but they can be recognised, just like we know the more famous witches and wizards from around the world. The international magical community is closely linked."

"Nice," muttered Harry as he looked at the hardbound book in his hand.

THE FOUNDERS

The Journal of Godric Gryffindor and a personal letter of Salazar Slytherin

"Your letter to the readers has been printed in the forward and the observations you wanted to point out have also been printed along with the journal," said Sirius. "There is also a note saying that the proceeds would be used to help magical orphans. I must say, Harry, I was shocked when I read it. To think Salazar was nothing like what we thought he was ..."

"He still hated Muggles with a passion, Sirius," said Harry as he looked through the book. "He also mistrusted Muggle-borns, but he did not want them dead. I have also explained his position. Muggle-borns need to know where the prejudice comes from and the traditionist purebloods need to know that blind prejudice will not solve everything. It would also be a reminder to those fools like Albus Dumbledore and Theseus Scamander who are pro-Muggle. War hero, my arse; you help Muggles in their stupid war which they started and suddenly you are hailed as a war hero. If those fools who helped in the First World War had in any way breached the International Statute of Secrecy, the Muggles' infighting would have been the least of our problems. Bloody immature little gits couldn't understand that Minister Evermonde's emergency legislation was actually for the best. We're all lucky to be alive."

Sirius' lip twitched. "You would have been the picture-perfect heir of the Black family," he said wryly. "Mother would have killed to have you as her son."

"You turned out pretty well, Sirius, I doubt she would have much to complain about. Any luck with the locket?"

"No. I have searched every place I thought Regulus might have kept it, but no luck. All the Black homes have been searched and I went to Gringotts personally to check the Black family vault to see if he had kept it there before he died. I'm at a loss at what to do because I do not want to involve anyone at the Ministry about something so delicate. If Voldemort hears even a whisper about this ..."

"I know," said Harry as a flicker of emotion passed over his face.

"Anyway," said Sirius, standing up, "we have an appointment with the Department of Mysteries. Let's go."

Getting up, Harry walked out of the office of the Minister of Magic on Level One and the golden lifts took them to the floor of the Department of Mysteries. The place was deserted and their footsteps echoed on the polished floor. When they reached the door, Sirius pressed a rune and opened the door.

"You'll have to stick close to me," he said sternly. "Don't wander anywhere else because I would then be forced to Obliviate you. Understood?"

"Yes, Godfather," replied Harry promptly.

They entered a reception area where they found a woman sitting at a desk. "Minister Black," she said respectfully. "Lord Potter will have to sign here please."

"Go on," said Sirius. After Harry signed the sheet of parchment, he was lead through a series of doors until they reached the Hall of Prophecies. Thousands of little spheres were sitting on stands and they walked until they reached Row 97.

Harry slowly picked up the glass sphere and tapped it with his wand. A mist was seen inside the sphere as the form of Sybill Trelawney spoke –

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have the power the Dark Lord knows not ... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies ..."

Sirius bit his lip. "Well," he said slowly. "Things just got murkier."

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

The book on the Founders had been a sensation. Many people had bought the book out of sheer curiosity as they wanted to know what was so different in the book from what they knew of the Founders. But when they started reading, only then did they realise how they had been targeting the wrong man for more than a thousand years.

Most were astounded how caring Salazar Slytherin was, as described by Godric Gryffindor himself! There was also an outpouring of sympathy for Godric and Salazar as they realised that the Muggles had essentially destroyed their families. When they read Salazar's letter to his descendants, people were shocked, as here was proof that Harry Potter was indeed the descendant of the Founder. The boy's eyes and those of his deceased mother had always been unique and how else would he have gained access to the letter if he wasn't the heir? Blood magic could not be faked.

The final impact was Harry's words in the book, describing how the four witches and wizards had died. This had very much destabilised the preconceptions people had about the Founders and the stereotypes of the four Houses. How could Hufflepuffs be called duffers when the founder herself chose the path of a warrior when needed? It showed that while Rowena was extremely intelligent, she too was prone to heartbreak and died in misery. Salazar Slytherin, while cunning and ambitious, wasn't evil. He used those traits of his to survive but he too was prone to make rash decisions. Godric's story proved that being a warrior wasn't always the best, as you're scarred for life. The book would have an enormous impact on the students of Hogwarts for generations to come, and the four Houses would, over time, be united, just as the Founders intended.

There was also another change in the minds of the general population. They remembered again how much they had suffered at the hands of Muggles. This book was proof that they had been very intolerant against anything magical. The fact that they had pushed Godric to such a level that he wiped out an entire village of Muggles was staggering. Very few felt sorry for those dead Muggles; they had brought it upon themselves and their punishment was just.

Hogwarts itself was a mess. Every time they entered Hogwarts, students of the other two schools could see students and teachers alike holding the book on the Founders, the white cover quite distinctive. Harry had noticed Dumbledore giving him speculative looks, but the Headmaster had surprisingly not called him for a meeting. He had expected it because the book clearly mentioned Voldemort's ancestry and also about the bloodline of Lily Evans. Harry had also tried to bring down the stigma attached to Parseltongue by supplying the true history of the language. Parseltongue was considered a very sacred language in Magical India where it originated, and it had spread throughout the world thousands of years ago. It was because of Herpo the Foul that the language of the serpents gained a negative stigma in Europe and Voldemort hadn't helped matters at all.

The winter session of the Wizengamot had proceeded smoothly, in Harry's opinion. He had revealed his position as Lord Slytherin to the Wizengamot but it hadn't been as bad as Harry had expected. The book had certainly taken care of any horrible reactions which the declaration would have caused. Some of the traditionalists who Harry knew were former Death Eaters questioned his claim, saying that it was fake. They were proven wrong by a unique test for family magic, confirmed both by the Department of Mysteries and Gringotts. They were certainly not happy, but they had no choice but to accept it. Harry had forwarded the documents to the Wizengamot Administration Services which made Lord Cyrus Greengrass the proxy for the Most Ancient and Noble House of Slytherin.

At Hogwarts, many had been quite surprised by Harry's position as Lord Slytherin. Severus Snape had not even reacted to the news, but his response was more subtle. Even though the more direct insults had reduced since Harry had threatened the man at the beginning of last year, his snide remarks had not stopped. This time though, he completely ignored Harry in Potions class. Most of the Slytherins were happy because Harry was a regular at the Slytherin table and it also helped that Harry got along best with the Slytherins as compared to the other Houses. Some did not like it, not wanting to believe that the Dark Lord was not the Heir of Slytherin as he claimed, but there was nothing they could do. Harry wore the Slytherin family ring and his declaration had been verified.

The Hufflepuffs were smug in their knowledge that their Founder had stepped up to the role of a warrior when the situation dictated it, defeating a dark wizard and saving Hogwarts in the process.

The Ravenclaws were very united in their sympathy for both Rowena and Helena – after the latter had revealed herself and explained what had happened a thousand years ago.

The Gryffindors were divided. On one hand, the book showed how amazing Godric had truly been, proving to be a source of inspiration for many, but on the other hand, the fact that their Founder had slaughtered an entire village of Muggles after the said Muggles had brutally killed his wife and severely injured his daughter had been – not pleasant to read. Hermione Granger had been slack-jawed because everything she had believed in about Godric and Salazar had been proven false. Godric's hate and disgust of Muggles were quite clearly expressed in the book.

All in all, Harry was quite happy with it all. He had released Godric's journal to the masses and had claimed his position as Lord Slytherin without any bloodshed.

Hundreds of miles away, Lord Voldemort was seething.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 1.4K 45
"She could always help me find light in the darkness." Weakening her, wilting her, a blood malediction poisons her. Astoria Greengrass was never dest...
61.1K 2.3K 13
When Harry's name comes out of the Goblet of Fire, he is livid. He didn't bloody want to join a deadly tournament, but it seems like no one believes...
177K 6K 23
This is a Harry Potter fanfiction story. Salazar Slytherin has finally enough. He cannot watch the downfall of the wizard kind lead by Albus Dumbledo...
Dark By Alysha

Fanfiction

1.1M 36.2K 45
Don't read please. Thank you. Chaos and war had befallen the Wizarding World and there was little to no hope of saving it when Harry found himself ba...