Secrets of Sallow

By matchawuv

As the new year begins, you struggle to understand where your relationship with Sebastian stands. A new stud... More

Introduction [Updated]
Book 1
Chapter 2 [Book 1]
Chapter 3 [Book 1]
Chapter 4 [Book 1]
Chapter 5 [Book 1]
Chapter 6 [Book 1]
Chapter 7 [Book 1]
Author's Note
Chapter 8 [Book 1]
Chapter 9 [Book 1]
Author's Note
Chapter 10 [Book 1]
Author's Note
Chapter 11 [Book 1]
Chapter 12 [Book 1]
Chapter 13 [Book 1]
Chapter 14 [Book 1]
Chapter 15 [Book 1]
Chapter 16 [Book 1]
Chapter 17 [Book 1]
Chapter 18 [Book 1]
Chapter 20 [Book 1]
Chapter 21 [Book 1]
Chapter 22 [Book 1]
Chapter 23 [Book 1]
Chapter 24 [Book 1]
Chapter 25 [Book 1]
Chapter 26 [Book 1]
Chapter 27 [Book 1]
Chapter 28 [Book 1]
Chapter 29 [Book 1]
Chapter 30 [Book 1]
Book 2: Year 6
Chapter 2 [Book 2]
Chapter 3 [Book 2]
Chapter 4 [Book 2]
Chapter 5 [Book 2]
Chapter 6 [Book 2]
Chapter 7 [Book 2]
Chapter 9 [Book 2]
Chapter 10 [Book 2]
Chapter 11 [Book 2]
Chapter 12 [Book 2]
Chapter 13 [Book 2]
Chapter 14 [Book 2]
Chapter 15 [Book 2]
Chapter 16 [Book 2]
Chapter 17 [Book 2]
Chapter 18 [Book 2]
Chapter 19 [Book 2]
Chapter 20 [Book 2]
Chapter 21 [Book 2]
Chapter 22 [Book 2]
Chapter 23 [Book 2]
Chapter 24 [Book 2]
Chapter 25 [Book 2]
Chapter 26 [Book 2]
Chapter 27 [Book 2]
Chapter 28 [Book 2] + Author's Note

Chapter 8 [Book 2]

1.1K 35 16
By matchawuv

Drama up ahead

-

Without opening my eyes, the sudden Ashok was lifted and it didn't even take much to recognise that voice belonged to Sebastian. 

"Get the fuck off of her, you prick!"

"Argh!"

My eyes snapped open to see Ashok sprawled on the floor clutching his stomach as Sebastian got on top of him and started to beat him to a pulp.

"Sebastian!" 

I cried out, running to pry him off from murdering a second person.

I was scared at his reaction, after everything that happened last year, I really thought he and I would share a perfect year together. But he just saw red and disregarded your presence. 

"Sebastian", I pried, "get off of him!"

He just growled and shoved me back, my body landing hard on the ground with a thud.

I could feel my heart pounding in my ears, as I clutched my side, pain surging where I landed. I stared at the scene in front of me horrified. 

Never had I ever thought Sebastian would touch me, violently obviously. 

I grabbed my wand and shakily held it at Sebastian. 

I just wanted it to stop.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

That was when he finally stopped, unwillingly of course.

I breathed out heavily with my wand pointed at him, unsure if I should remove the charm because if I did, he most certainly would go to beating Ashok again.

"I can't see you. But promise me that when I remove this charm, you step away from Ash. Ok?"

Mistake number 1, using a nickname.

Mistake number 2, removing the charm.

Because once I removed the charm, Sebastian grabbed Ashok's collar and threw up against the wall, his wand pointed at his neck.

I ran to them and pointed my own wand at Sebastian. 

"Get. Off."

He continued to glare at Ashok before reluctantly letting him go and stepping back as Ashok fell to the ground clutching his throat and gasping for air. 

"What is wrong with you?!"

Sebastian didn't say anything, just continued to death stare at your fellow prefect who in turn was also glaring back.

"What are you even doing out at this hour?"

This seemed to catch Sebastian off guard as he turned towards me and began to splutter a string of excuses, which was just a stutter of words.

"Well - I, um."

I glared at him, "Sebastian. What. Are. You. Doing. Out?"

It was then that I notice something poking out from under his robe, so working fast, I snatched the object from his possession and to my shock, it was a letter, but the seal on the front was very recognisable to me. 

"The Gaunt seal?"

"No! Don't!"

I ripped the letter open much to Sebastian's protests and my eyes scanned every single word as I got more frustrated and angry with every line I read.

I threw the letter at him which just fell to his feet.

"What is this?!" I shouted.

The contents of the letter made me fume. After the incident last year, I really thought he was over finding a cure for Anne, but how wrong I was. 

But even worse, confining in the Gaunts for help. Was he really far gone? 

He of all people should not how terrible it was to ask the Gaunts for help, he was Ominis' best friend for Merlin's sake. Brother even. 

But here he was, exchanging letters with Ominis' father, the man who destroyed his son, the man that Ominis estranged himself from.

What he was asking the Gaunts for, I didn't know, but I didn't need to know. Talking to the Gaunts was enough for me to see him differently. 

I watched his body language and could tell he was trying to think of a way of talking his way out.

"Y/N, darling."

I held a hand up, "no, no darling."

I exhaled shakily, "just - just tell me."

He held his head down, his bangs shadowing his eyes as he shook his head.

"I can't."

I just shook my head at him, disapprovingly as I just yelled at him. It's all I could do right now.

"Leave! Just - just go back to the common room, Sallow!"

His eyes widened at the use of his surname, "Y/N -"

"Please", I whispered.

He just nodded before turning back, leaving me with Ashok. The letter is still on the ground. 

I turned my attention to Ashok and ran to his aid. 

This may hurt. 

He just nodded, bracing himself.

"Episkey."

He winced in pain as I healed the very broken nose and some of the bruises made by Sebastian. 

"The bruises will still be there, but it's the best I can do."

He muttered a quick thanks.

"I'm still mad at you."

I mean, kissing me without my consent was just violating, but I guess none of that mattered because I couldn't help but feel Ashok was right. Especially after I found out about Sebastian talking to the Gaunts.

Perhaps he is using me.

"So, Ash, huh?"

He spoke as he rubbed his jaw, presumably from the lingering pain of having a fist to his face. Multiple times. 

I crossed my arms, glaring at him.

He coughed, "right, not the time."

He shifts his position as he props up his leg and hanged his arm off it. 

"I'm sorry", my ears perked up.

"I shouldn't have kissed you like that."

"Yeah, you shouldn't have."

"I guess, I just needed you to know that I like you."

"Ok?"

I was slightly unconvinced because liking someone doesn't mean just going kissing the said person. It definitely wasn't the right way of going about it.

"I just, every time I see the two of you, he looks so ungenuine and, I hate to be harsh, but you're blinded by his charm."

I didn't say anything, it's not like he saw what happened behind closed doors. Sebastian was always romantic with you, at least that's what I thought.

I began to think back to all the times we were together over the summer, but not one of those moments did he take me out. 

We never even left Hogwarts together. 

Better yet, never left the Room of Requirement.

I pinched my nose, "perhaps you're right."

"Huh?"

I sighed. 

"He never took me out on a date. Most of our time together was physically intimate. Bloody hell, he's never even confessed to me."

He was about to speak up, clearly wanting to say that he told you so.

"Don't."

He snapped his mouth shut.

"So what now?"

I shrugged, "honestly, I don't know."

I really didn't. I didn't even know if I could face Sebastian after he beat up Ashok and after I learned he was talking to the Gaunts.

"Oh Salazar, Ominis."

Ashok sneered, "what about Gaunt?"

I shook my head, he of all people didn't need to know.

"Nothing. It's nothing."

He shrugged, "keep it to yourself then."

"So, do you forgive me?"

I pursed my lips thinking. On one hand, yes he did kiss me without my consent, but he was also perhaps right about Sebastian and he did apologise for the kiss.

"Maybe. Not yet, but in the future, perhaps."

He nodded before standing up and brushing himself off.

"That's all I needed to hear", he smiled in my direction before leaving himself. 

I moved to sit against the wall as I let out a long-needed sigh. 

Everything went to shit so quickly.

-

Oops, Sebastian's secret is out. Sort of. 

You still don't know about the Resurrection stone, but damn talking to the Gaunts really had you shook (do people still say that?)

Now I will say, gaslighting and manipulating are really up in this chapter.

Bestie are you dumb? Don't forgive Ashok.

Jk, jk, you're not dumb, but for the purpose of this story. You've got to be a little naive with him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 11.4K 65
''You seriously need to stop calling me your friend,'' Sebastian tells me in a low voice. ''Then what should I call you?'' I ask curiously. My stomac...
41.3K 1.7K 90
Starting her 7th Year at Hogwarts, Ronnie Underhill is plagued by nightmares. She struggles to figure out if Sebastian Sallow is the one that will he...
260 13 6
After being released from Azkaban for the murder of his uncle four years ago, Sebastian Sallow finally sees his chance to start anew, free himself of...
16.8K 735 51
Y/n Evans spent the entire fifth year saving the wizarding world. She quickly became the hero of Hogwarts and was admired by nearly everyone. Everyon...