Innocence of the Shadow(A D-G...

By AlwaysAnonymousSoul

Mimiteh has been trying to survive when the Akuma and the Exorcists were after her. As a child she was very c... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Authors note

Chapter 37

562 12 1
By AlwaysAnonymousSoul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rose Mimiteh Kuro

It had been at least a week before we were ready to return, but the trip home was silent. I knew my father and Unmei were still mourning, I was too. I had only just reunited with my mother after thinking she was dead. I never even got to tell her I loved her, she was gone and my last words to her were the lullaby she sang to me at night. Her death was even painful and long. She sacrificed herself for Kanda, so he could live on. It was a selfless, heroic act, but I was going to miss her. I had always thought she was dead until exactly half a year ago, but now that she suffered her last breath in my arms I knew she was dead.

I wasn't sure if the others were mourning her death or would even notice her missing. I just kept thinking that her painful end was somehow my fault, if I wasn't so weak or slow, I could have saved her and no one else would have died. My mother's final scene and the scene of the lunar flower burning on the crystal clear water continued to play in my head until we returned to headquarters, and even then it was hard for me to forget. When we arrived at headquarters there were these people dressed in really weird clothes with hats that covered their faces.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"They are members of central." Kanda replied.

"Dad, you should get some rest in your room." I said.

"You need rest as well." He said.

"I know, I will soon." I replied.

"I miss her too Rose." He said before leaving.

"You're back." Lenalee said.

"Hey Lenalee." I said.

"You, Kanda, and Tsuki are needed in the command room right away." She said. I nodded and walked with Kanda to the command room. When we got there, more people dressed like the ones earlier were there, and there was two other men. One of them had long blond hair, dressed in a suit and tie had two dots on his forehead, and was standing by the couch. The other one was sitting on the couch, he had a mustache, dark brown hair, and was dressed like a commanding officer.

"Was the mission successful?" Komui asked.

"Yes." I replied, looking at Unmei.

"Where is everyone else?" He asked.

"My father is freshening up in his room, the scientists we were sent to rescue are in the lab, and my mother..." I stopped.

"What about her? Did something happen?" Komui asked.

"Tsuki Kuro has died in action. There was no corps left." Kanda said.

"I am sorry for your loss." Komui said. Unmei flew around me and landed on my hand when I stretched it out in front of me.

"Did you receive her innocence?" The person on the couch asked.

"My mother's innocence has been entrusted to me as has her golem and memory." I replied flatly.

"Mimiteh, this is Commander Lvellie and Inspector Howard Link." Komui said. I nodded to them and looked back to Komui.

"If that is all, I will be leaving now." I said.

"That is all, you and Kanda may leave." Komui said.

"I will be watching over you." Inspector Link said, following us.

"Stay out of my way." I said, walking closer to Kanda. Inspector Link said nothing more and followed us. When I got to my room, Kanda kissed my forehead and smiled at me. I smiled back and walked into my room.

"I'll be right back." I said, closing the door behind me.

"Are you going to let anyone know about the mark on your shoulder?" Ko'lae asked me. I took off my old shirt and looked at my reflection, my skin was very pale still, the black pentacle brand was the first thing I noticed, then I saw the white scar running across my left shoulder, and the white scar on my side.

"I don't know. Do you think I should?" I asked her.

"Maybe it would be a good thing to let some air touch it for a little while." Ko'lae replied. I nodded and walked to my closet, I had plenty of shirts that didn't have sleeves, and found one that I had never seen before. I grabbed it and found a note with it.

"Dear Rose.        This is a shirt that I once wore, it allowed plenty of freedom for movement and seeing as you fight beside your innocence, Ko'lae, I thought this shirt would work very well for you. You don't have to wear it, but you can if you wish.I love you.-Your Mother, Tsuki Kuro."

I read the note again and decided I was going to wear the shirt. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror. The back of the shirt began just under my shoulder blades, just under the burn, and the front covered my chest and tied around my neck, there was no sleeves on it at all, and it was long.

"It fits you." Ko'lae told me. I put my gloves on, sliding my mother's bracelet over the one on my right hand, and looked at my hair, it was a slight mess so I ran a brush through it. I walked out of my room and smiled at the looks Link and Kanda gave me.

"You look amazing." Kanda said. I blushed and looked at the floor.

"It's a good thing." He chuckled. It was almost like Link wasn't there, and Kanda rubbed my cheek. I looked up and found myself looking into Kanda's eyes, our faces were less than an inch apart. He kissed me and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He held me close to him and held me. We pulled away from each other when Link cleared his throat and we fell into awkward silence.

"Is there anything you want to do?" Kanda asked me.

"Anything to get my mind off...my mother." I said.

"We could train?" Kanda said.

"That might be a good idea." I replied.

"Will you train with Ko'lae?" He asked me.

"No. I can only train efficiently when fighting akuma with her. I also need to train with my knife anyways." I said.

"You chose the perfect person, to train with." Kanda smiled.

"I wouldn't choose anyone else." I smiled.

"Shall we?" He asked.

"I actually have some questions for you two to answer." Link said. We ignored him, not really caring at all.

"We shall." I said, walking to the train room with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tyki Mikk

I sat in the chair at the desk Tsuki always used and looked around the room. Signs of Tsuki's life were everywhere, a picture of her and me, her clothes, her paperwork, the files on her existence at the order all those years ago, I could still smell the perfume she always wore. She smelled like lunar flowers after rain, she had always smelled like that, and it was a constant reminder of her life. All the times she would sneak away from her master to talk with me, the nights we spent together on her way to the order. She was the only person in my life that I could trust, the one I could to go with trouble.

I loved her and would proudly say so, even if the earl asked I would admit it. I sat, letting my memories of her play out. Something warmed my leg, feeling like a cigarette was being pressed to it. I reached for my leg, feeling the slight burning sensation. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper, I unfolded it to reveal a picture of my wife and daughter. Tsuki and Rose were sitting next to each other, the stigmata were still forming on Rose's head, but yet, they were both smiling. They had the same smile, seductive and beautiful in every way. A teez landed on a piece of paper. I looked at it and saw my name carefully written on the front of the envelope. I opened and looked at the careful writing.

"Tyki, my love.          If you are reading this it means that my worst fear has come to pass. I have moved onto the next life, but will always watch over you. I don't know how to say this either, but if I could have I would have told you before my unfortunate end, however I died, but I went to the head nurse when I was feeling sick and found out that I was one month pregnant. If only we were able to raise our newest child if I had not died before giving birth to it. Please tell Rose about this when you think she is ready. I love you.                                                                         -Tsuki."

I was struck by shock by the knowledge of Tsuki being pregnant when Lulubell killed her. After the shock came pure rage, Lulubell killed my wife and unborn child, I would get my revenge if the chance arose. I crumpled the piece of paper I held in my hand out of anger and regretted ruining the last letter Tsuki had written for me. It didn't take very long for me to remember Rose. She had been through the loss of her mother and becoming a Noah. She was a new noah and it was up to me to help her learn her powers and control them.

"Teez, find Rose." I said. The teezthat had been flying around stopped in front of me and started to fly to the door. I followed it, only to find Rose and Kanda at one of the training rooms. There was someone with long blond hair, dressed in a business suit, and two dots on his forehead following them. I then noticed about three people wearing strange clothing and hats that covered their faces.

"Rose, Kanda." I said as I walked up. Rose turned around and held her hand out for the teez.

"Hello teez. Hey dad." she said. She was wearing the shirt that Tsuki was wearing the first day I met her; black, a back that began just under her shoulder blades, didn't have sleeves, covered her chest and tied around her neck; black pants, her normal black, knee high boots, black gloves that looked like sleeves that had a hole for her thumb to hold them in place, and Tsuki's bracelet.

"You look just like your mother." I said. She smiled and I recognized the depressed look that filed her eyes.

"I miss her too." I said.

"I barely knew her." She said, looking at the teez in her hand.

"She loved you, even if you didn't know her very well." I told her.

"I know, and I loved her, even when it seemed like I didn't." She said.

"You're a strong young girl." I said.

"I don't need the Earl to bring her back." She said, her voice stronger.

"You have her spirit," I smiled.

"I know she's with me." She replied, smiling a smile that reminded me of Tsuki.

"You are exactly like your mother." I said. She lowered her hand, the teez flew back to me, and the golem, Unmei, flew to me as well.

"Kanda is helping my train. I don't want to keep him waiting." She said, pulling a knife out of her boot and walking onto the training floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 482 11
With the threat of the apocalypse dealt with and the pain of losing Dave still fresh, Klaus Hargreeves has resorted back to a life of drugs and alcoh...
6.2K 218 19
what if Afton's story was different...? what if he regrets killing the kids..? what if he met someone he wanted to care for...? well in the year 2022...
2.2K 156 10
Izaya Orihara was struck with a vending machine and knocked unconscious. He wakes up in another world where people have unique abilities. "I hate the...
1M 40.2K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...