Chapter 14

It was just after noon, and I had fallen back into my habits of eating very little and only when I was hungry, which wasn't often. They apparently didn't notice me, they must have been looking for the girl they last saw, Raina Alexander. I walked up to them and stood there for a minute, my back to them.

"Hello boys." I smiled. I stood an inch or two shorter than Kanda normally, with the shoes I had on, I stood barely as tall as him. I looked at them and smiled at their shocked faces.

"There's something different about you." Daisya said."It could be the fact that the last time you saw me, I was pulling off a masquerade to fool the Alexander family into casting you out of their home and allowing me to stay there for just a little longer." I laughed.

"Tch." Was the only reply Kanda gave me.

"Why did you do that?" Daisya asked.

"I was looking for someone." I said simply. They only looked at me and Unmei starting chewing on Kanda's hair. He didn't notice and I smiled, trying not to laugh.

"What's so funny?" They asked at the same time. I grabbed Kanda's hair and tapped Unmei on the head. She let go of Kanda's hair and flew onto my hand. I let go of Kanda's hair and rolled my eyes at him when he pointed his sword at me.

"If you touch my hair again I will cut you." He hissed.

"Go ahead." I smiled. He replaced his sword in it's scabbard and started walking. I shrugged and followed him. I noticed Kanda looking at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Why does he keep staring at me like that?" I wondered. I didn't ask Ko'lae, knowing she would lecture me on it. I chose to ignore him for the time being, I didn't really notice how much I changed myself to hide among the noble people of Florence. Standing in the elevator with Kanda and Daisya was so awkward, I ended up staring at the floor the entire time. I felt especially awkward because Kanda was standing way too close to me. The moment the doors the elevator opened I walked out. It had been seven months since the last time I had been at the order but I still knew where my room was.

I walked with them until we reached it, then I sidestepped and vanished to the other side of the door. I shut and locked my bedroom door before anything could be done to stop me and walked straight to the window. I heard banging on my door listened to it, a smile spread across my face. I wasn't going to leave this room until I could figure things out. Unmei had reminded me of what my mother had done. I didn't know where she was or why she gave me her golem and innocence. I barely remembered her, and wanted to find her so much.

"Lost in thought?" Ko'lae asked. I jumped slightly and looked at her. I opened the window and stared out at the horizon.

"Yeah, I am." I sighed.

"About?" Ko'lae asked emotionlessly.

"What happens next." I replied. The banging on my door finally stopped and I heard Kanda's door slam. My necklace slid under the door and I picked it up.

"I guess if we're here again, we should wear the cross." I sighed.

"Don't put it on." Ko'lae hissed. I looked at her and she grabbed it from me.

"Ko'lae." I complained. She ignored me and threw the necklace out the window.

"What did you do that for?" I asked her.

"It has a listening device and a tracker." Ko'lae explained.

"Whatever." I replied, sitting in the window as I pulled my hair out of its braid. I ran a brush through it and sighed.

"Do you ever feel like you're living the same day over and over again?" I asked Ko'lae as I pulled my hair into a new braid. The braid started on the side of my head where the red streak began and followed the length of my head until it reached the middle. I braided the red streak into a smaller braid then braided all of my hair into one larger braid.