Chapter 21

Just as I thought, there were other akuma, these ones were level two. I stood by a tree and watched the battle commence.

"Ko'lae ten o'clock!" I yelled. She turned and dodged the chain that the akuma flung at her. I knew someone was watching me and saw two figures out of the corner of my eye. I ignored the figures and continued to watch the battle, helping Ko'lae and Kanda whenever I could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tyki Mikk

I watched the girl and couldn't figure out why she looked so familiar to me. The last level one akuma exploded and a bird flew around looking for anything else. I smiled and watched as two level two akuma came. The bird came close but didn't get very close before the akuma attacked it. After a minute the akuma looked back at the girl and created a strong wind. She grabbed the tree and held her right hand up.

Her hat flew off and her hair flapped behind her. I looked at her wrist and found a golden bracelet on it. The bird came to her aid and became a fox in seconds. The fox attacked the akuma and ended up behind it. The akuma hit the ground next to the girl, the force from the hit threw her in my direction, and she hit the ground next to me. I watched her and the akuma laughed.

"I'm fine! You worry about the fight!" She yelled, standing up. She stood as tall as me and I was able to take a closer look at her bracelet. It was a gold chain with black stones set at equal intervals.

"It's Tsuki's bracelet, how did she get my wife's bracelet?!" I wondered. She held her arm and watched the fights. The fox disappeared and I looked for it, wondering where it went. I wasn't expecting it to land on the ground as a cat in front of the girl. I watched in amazement as the akuma froze and fell to the ground in a pile of ash. The other akuma exploded and the boy exorcist walked over. The girl met him and smiled, holding the cat in her arms.

"Come on, the sooner we find Daisya the sooner we can see if he's still alive." The girl said.

"What's your name?" I asked. She turned around and looked at me questioningly.

"Yes, you. What's your name girl?" I asked. She looked at me for a moment and rolled her eyes.

"And what would a noble want with my name?" She asked me.

"It's just a question." I replied.

"My name is Rose." She replied.

"Are you an exorcist?" I asked rhetorically.

"Yes, we are exorcists." The boy replied. I smiled and Road laughed beside me when an akuma came from the shadows behind them. The cat hissed and Rose spun around to face it. Before anything could transpire the akuma stabbed a needle into her neck and injected her with something. The boy drew his sword and the akuma placed his crab pincer around her neck. While the boy was distracted the akuma did the same to him. It didn't take any longer than a minute for the two of them to fall to the ground.

The cat that was with them hissed at me and Road. The akuma picked it up and stabbed it with the needle and injected it with the same thing it had used on the Rose and the boy. Rose was still barely conscious and I walked over to her. She looked like Tsuki, but it must have been my imagination. There was no way this girl could be Tsuki, she was safe at home. I watched Rose until she passed out then stood and sighed.  

Road's world materialized and Road laughed.

"That was fun." She giggled.

"Road, our job is to find out if they have the innocence or the heart. We can't do that while they are asleep" I replied. She took Rose's jacket off of her and put it on. I was shocked to see that there was a scar running the length of Rose's left shoulder and her right arm was bleeding slightly. I tied her wrists and ankles and saw the bracelet again. I touched it and the jewels glowed.