Chapter 35

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kanda

I stood closer to Mimiteh and put my hand on Mugen's handle. The woman I was fighting lifted her hand and pointed it at me.

"Lulubell. Don't." Tyki said. The door that I had seen the young girl noah, Road, and Tyki use the first time we fought them appeared close to the woman, Lulubell, and the man. I didn't know what happened next until blood spattered my body and Mimiteh gasped. I looked in front of me to find Tsuki with what I thought was a knife barely sticking out of her back.

"Stupid woman." Lulubell hissed.

"It will be fine, Lulubell. She may have gotten in the way of the intended target, but it will be enough." The man said. Without another word spoken, Tsuki fell, Mimiteh caught her and fell to her knees with tears brimming her eyes, and the man and Lulubell walked through the door. The doors closed and it vanished, leaving Tyki, Mimiteh and myself with Tsuki as she died.

Tsuki had a large stab wound in her chest, but whatever weapon had been used punctured her lung instead of her heart. Her torso was slowly being dyed crimson, and her skin was slowly turning pale. I kneeled down next to Mimiteh and bit my wrist, all I had to do was let a few drops of my own blood drip onto the wound and Tsuki should heal.

"No." Tsuki said, lightly pushing my hand away.

"You'll die." I countered.

"I know." Tsuki croaked. I lowered my head and looked at Mimiteh, Tyki had kneeled down across from us and looked like he was fighting off tears.

"Rose..." Tsuki began, raising her shaking hand to Mimiteh's cheek.

"Mom." Mimiteh cried, holding Tsuki's hand to her cheek with her own.

"Take care... of Unmei... and Sh...Shadow of..." She croaked, breaking into coughing. Scarlet blood painted Tsuki's lips and trickled from the corner of her mouth, and down her cheek.

"Mom, please don't go. Don't leave me." Mimiteh cried.

"Let me go. Please don't call me back." Tsuki croaked barely audible. Mimiteh's body shook as she sobbed over her dying mother, and I was helpless to help.

"Promise." Tsuki whispered. Tyki moved some hair from Tsuki's face and a tear streaked his cheek. Tsuki began coughing even harder and I watched as her body trembled with each cough. Finally after about ten minutes Tsuki stopped coughing and her breathing became labored and raspy. Mimteh started singing, her voice sweet and yet, at the same time hoarse and pained from crying. I had mixed emotions, I was surprised that Tsuki had held onto life for an hour after she received that wound, and depressed at how she died.

As Mimiteh sang I watched Tsuki as she slowly died, it was painful to watch but I couldn't stop looking at her, wanting to help. Tsuki's body relaxed, her skin turned ghost white, all life and light drained from her moon gray eyes, and her chest went still.

"Rose, she's gone." Tyki said quietly, carefully drawing his hand over her eyes, closing them. Mimiteh cried even more over her mother's corpse and I remembered Tsuki's wish. I took the bracelet, Shadow of Eve, off of Tsuki's wrist and looked at Mimiteh.

"Mimiteh." I whispered. She looked up at me, her eyes red and puffy from crying, and her cheeks wet and stained with tear smeared blood. I wiped away the tears and blood from her cheeks and tried to comfort her as much as I could. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a teaz appear in Tyki's hand and he held it over Tsuki's chest.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm fulfilling my promise to my wife." He replied. Mimiteh placed her hand on Tyki's and took a deep breath.