Chapter 31

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tyki Mikk

"They're back." Lenalee said. I looked at Tsuki and led her out of our room and into the main hallway. Kanda was holding Rose, but she was pale, and wearing his coat. I met them halfway and looked at my daughter. Her forehead was wrapped and she had a few scrapes on her face, Ko'lae was even curled up on her chest.

"I can take her from here." I said. Kanda hesitated for barely a second before handing Rose to me. I knew her shoulder was were her major wound was and made sure to avoid it. I nodded to Kanda and carried Rose to her room.

"Shouldn't she go to the infirmary?" Someone asked me.

"No." Was all I needed to say. Tsuki opened the door to Rose's room and I laid her on her bed.

"Tyki, please go to the infirmary and get some new bandages and medicine." Tsuki said sweetly, sitting on the bed next to Rose. I nodded and left knowing Tsuki needed to be reassured that our daughter was okay. When I got to the infirmary I was met by the head nurse, like always she looked slightly angry but calm.

"My wife sent me for bandages." I told the head nurse.

"It would be best if she came here." The head nurse told me.

"It is not for my wife, it's for my daughter." I responded.

"It would still be best if I looked at the girl." She replied firmly.

"Then you can do so, but she is not leaving her room." I replied with the same tone.

"She should be here." The head nurse replied.

"My daughter will be fine in the calm solitude of her room for the time being." I replied cooly. The head nurse looked at me but grabbed bandages and medicine.

"I will still look at the girl." She said. I sighed and led her back to Rose's room. When I arrived there I knocked on the door as I entered. Tsuki had taken Kanda's coat off and had it hanging on a hanger in the closet. Rose was asleep and laying on her back, a second pillow under her shoulder.

"It would be best if you left until I finish." The head nurse said. Tsuki and I looked at Rose and the head nurse unsure. The head nurse repeated the statement and Tsuki finally gave in. She grabbed Kanda's coat and left the room, a worried look painted to her face. I followed and closed the door behind me.Tsuki knocked on the door to the room next to Rose's and waited silently. The door opened and Kanda stood in the doorway.

"Thank you for taking care of our daughter." Tsuki said, her voice slightly joyfull. Kanda nodded and Tsuki held out his coat.

"You can have this back, I'm sure Mimiteh can get another one." Tsuki continued. Kanda took the coat and looked at us.

"The burn on her back is the worst of her wounds but her head bleeds every time she wakes up. It might be something you should look into." Kanda said before shutting the door.

"The seal must be finally reaching its limit." Tsuki sighed. I hugged her and rubbed her back.

"It will be alright. Everything will work out." I told her.

"She must be so confused." Tsuki said. She pulled away from my embrace and looked at me.

"We will be able to help with that." I replied. She nodded and led me over to the railing. We sat there for hours waiting for the head nurse to walk out of Rose's room and when she finally did she simply nodded and left. I led Tsuki into the room and we found Rose asleep. Her entire torso was wrapped in white bandages and the blanket was draped over her. She seemed to be sleeping peacefully for the first few minutes before she grimaced in pain. I watched in interest until she bolted upright and held her head, crying.