Chapter 6

I took this chance to take my first look at the akuma. It had the body of a spider, a black widow to be precise, and the face of a woman. Her eyes were the same as a spider's, she had pincers on her mouth, and the chest of a woman was sticking out of the front of the spider body. I found my way over to Ko'lae and cut her free. I looked at the akuma and studied it for a second.

"Ko'lae, it's an arachnid. Any poisonous snake will take care of it." I told her. Ko'lae nodded and I watched as she took the form of a black mamba. She slizzered over to the akuma and quickly wound her way up the spider's leg. The akuma looked at it's leg and flipped out. It started yelling and stomping around like crazy, within minutes Ko'lae was on the monster's back and Kanda was on the ground waking up.

"You! You stupid human!" The akuma yelled at me, I smiled at it innocently. It spit something at me and I dodged it. The skull that the thing hit evaporated, it was spitting acidic weds at me. I stopped beside Kanda and looked at Ko'lae.

"Distract it. If I can bite it's neck in just the right place it should be over." Ko'lae said.

"You said should." I replied with a smile.

"You know what I mean" She snapped. I laughed and looked at the akuma.

"Hey insect! I dare you to try and step on me." I said to the akuma.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Kanda yelled at me. Naturally, I ignored him. The akuma spat more acid web at me and I jumped. I smiled at the monster and ran in its direction. The akuma spat more webs at me and I dodged everyone of them. Of course one of the spitball webs almost hit Kanda. I laughed at him and ran around the akuma, keeping it busy.

I retreated closer to Kanda and found a broken spear and a bow close to me. I grabbed the bow and examined the string, it hadn't been used in a few weeks but it was still good. The spear was only the top half and the tip was rusted, but it was all I had to work with at the moment. I broke the spear to the length of an arrow and notched it in the string. I was standing in front of Kanda and readied myself to shoot the makeshift arrow.

I gripped the bow grip with my left hand and rested the spear tip on my pointer finger as I aimed the weapon. I pulled my right hand back until the broken end of the spear was against my cheek. I released the spear and froze in the position I was standing in. I grinned with satisfaction as the monster screamed in pain. The thing picked me up and threw me against the wall. I gasped but did nothing more.

Ko'ae bit the monster and I heard the explosion. I walked back to Ko'lae and waited for her to take the form of a cat again. My chest and back hurt but that was of little concern to me at the moment. A green glow caught my attention and Ko'lae meowed. I nodded and waited for Ko'lae to get the object and return to me.

I looked at the object and was astounded. It looked like two gears were placed together in an X shape around a marble. It was glowing green and I placed the small object in my vest pocket. I leaned against the wall and folded my arms. Kanda was still trying to untie his bindings. I would never understand why he said I was useless, I was able to wake up before him, untie myself with no problem, and kill an akuma with nothing but Ko'lae as a small black mamba, a retired bow, and a broken spear. As I sat and watched Kanda struggle I couldn't help but chuckle.

After what felt like hours Kanda finally gave on his binds. He looked at me for a moment then looked away with a hmph. I walked over with a slight chuckle and pulled my knife out of my boot. Kanda tensed a little bit and I cut the rope around his hands, put my knife back in my boot, and walked back to the wall. I looked around and noticed that there was four walls, but no door. A monster as big as the one I just fought needed some way to get its prey in this room.