Chapter 15

I was pulled back to reality when a loud knock came from my door. I sighed, walked to it, and opened it only to be met by Lenalee. Kanda, Daisya, Lavi, and a short older man with black makeup around his eyes, his hair was shaped like a question mark above his head,  and an exorcist coat on were standing a few feet away.

"Everyone was so worried. You have been locked in your room for three days." Lenalee sighed.

I rolled my eyes and closed my door. Before it shut all the way, Lenalee put her shoe in the doorway and stopped it. I opened the door again and leaned against it.

"What do you need?" I sighed.

"You have a mission in Greece." She smiled. Ko'lae meowed and rubbed against my leg.

"It would be very wise if we go. You could use the stress reliever and I need something to do." Ko'lae explained. I picked her up and closed the door behind me. As I walked past Kanda I looked at him and stepped on his foot.

"Don't treat me like a child." I whispered. I didn't know who the man was or why he was coming with us but him and Lavi followed Kanda, Daisya, and myself. I was silent the entire boat ride to the town and the walk to the train station. Unlike the last mission I accompanied Kanda on, we boarded the train illegally. We were joined for this mission by Toma, the first finder I had ever met.

"You shouldn't be here." A train hand said. He saw the cross on Kanda's chest and double thought his moves.

"I will set up a private car for you." He said. He bowed and walked away. When we were in the train car, I was forced to sit next to Kanda. I leaned against the window and listened to them talk about the mission.

"In Athens, Greece a statue that was stolen and lost has returned and wanders the city at night." Kanda explained.

"It has to be the work on innocence." Daisya stated. That's all I needed to know so I tuned them out. After a few hours of me staring out the window I looked at Unmei. She flew around in circles around the train car and stopped in front of me. I sighed and held out my hand without conviction, waiting for her to land. She landed on my hand, folded her wings, curled her tail around herself, and went still.

I stared at her in wonder when she shrunk to the size of a pendent. Unmei was a very strange golem, I didn't know if any of the other golems could do that and placed her in my pocket.

"Are you alright?" Lavi asked.

"My condition is of no concern of you." I stated flatly.

"You haven't met Bookmen yet have you?" Lavi asked me.

"No, I haven't met him." I said. I didn't like being interrogated like this. The short man looked at me and reached his hand out for me to shake.

"I have no given name so just call me Bookman." He said. I looked at his hand then at him, I didn't move my hand, but nodded my head. He lowered his hand and I looked out the window again. The trip to Greece was so long and boring, Ko'lae and I were reduced to staring out the window and naming things we saw. The train finally pulled into the station in Athens and we wasted no time in getting off the train. I got off the train behind them and saw a young girl gasp at the sight of Kanda and the others.

She ran off and I stood a few inches away from the others and wasn't surprised when a crowd of people ran up to them and bound their hands. I was kept free of the binds and smiled as the others were dragged to a jail. "Looks like its up to us to get the innocence." I told Ko'lae.

"Yes. It does. Let's begin." Ko'lae replied.

"Do you remember the singer at the ball?" I asked her.