Hanyo of Snow (Inuyasha harem...

By Mukuro7

Y/N Yukinokouji had a secret that he kept from everyone including his best friend and classmate Kagome. That... More

Introduction of the author
Bio
The Harem
Ch1: Down the well.
Ch2: Inuko
Ch3: Osuwari!
Ch4: A day in the village
Ch5: The Shattering
Harem part 2
Harem part 2.1
Ch6: End of Normality
Ch7: Mystery of the Shards
Ch8: Yura
Ch9: There and Back Again
Ch10: Yura's Downfall
Ch11: Y/N's Gift
Ch12: Reopening Old Wounds
Ch13: The Binding
Harem part 3
Ch14: Sesshōmaru
Ch15: Izayoi
Ch16: Vs Sesshōmaru
Ch17: Tessaiga
Ch18: Sesshōmaru's Rage
Ch19: Amari the Fool
Ch20: Of Toads and Truths
Ch21: Shippō
Ch22: Calm before the Storm
Ch23: The First Strike
Ch24: Vs Manten
Ch25: Hiten
Ch26: Vs Raijū Kyōdai
Ch27: Blood and Tears
Ch28: Hiten's Wrath
Ch29: End of the Storm
Ch30: Calm After the Storm
Full Harem part 1
Full Harem part 2
Ch31: A Brief Reprieve
Ch32: Fears Realized
Ch33: Pride of the Higurashi
Ch34: Of Frost and Fang
Ch35: To Yomi and Back
Ch36: A Dream Realized
Ch37: A New Threat Uprooted
Ch38: Ne no Kubi
Ch39: Under Siege
Ch40: A Killing Frost
Ch41: Nazuna
Ch42: Moonless Night
Ch43: New Dawn
Ch44: First Date
Final Harem Extension
Ch45: Desecration of Kikyō Shrine
Ch46: In Pursuit
Ch47: Fall Down
Ch48: Kikyō
Ch49: Higeki
Ch50: Miroku
Ch52: The Midori Pearl
Ch53: Yotsume
Ch54: Countersiege
Ch55: The Fourth Soul
Final Harem Addition

Ch51: Omukade Hunt

1.8K 51 54
By Mukuro7

(Kagome POV - Mountainous Region - A Day Earlier - Morning)

Settling everything up to leave was a silent affair, hardly anyone said anything to the other. When we woke it we started to pick up everything to head out immediately.

Kaede and Inuko heading back to her village before the latter joins us while Myōga leads the rest of us to a new jewel shard where we should expect to deal with an omukade and potentially a follower of Kirinmaru.

Was not to keen on facing the former, but considering what the yokai was gathering them too any jewel shard we can get would be worth it.

The events from yesterday were still heavy on everyone's mind, some weighing in more on others like Inuko and Y/N seem to be. Although Inuko seems to have taken the brunt of it all...

Can't imagine what it must be like for her at all...

And thorough out it all Shippō still hasn't said anything at all while helping to pack everything up. Looking between both Y/N and Inuko still deciding on where to go, although I feel like he has finally made a choice.

After about an hour I believe we had gotten everything settled and ready to go...well except for one thing.

"You certain that it was okay to remove the sling?" I asked Kaede as she handed my what arrows she had left, her arm unbandaged.

Wasn't too sure about removing it quite yet and mounting a horse all the way back to her village right now. Then again she had Inuko with her as well.

"I should be fine, my arm has healed up enough for this." Kaede said sternly. "But someone has already insisted on stopping incase my hand bothers me."

"Not taking any chances." Inuko said with a smirk, holding onto the horse as Kaede just shook her head before getting on.

"You have everything ready Kagome?" Y/N asked as Shippō clamored onto his shoulder while I placed the arrows into my quiver.

"Yes, though we might need to make a stop before get closer to the village. Would prefer to get some practice in before we encounter anything." I said, getting both him and Yura to nod.

While I had other methods to fight, my control over my reiryoku was still quite shot. Not sure if I can get to where it was before Kikyō was ripped out of my soul anytime soon, but I just want to at least get it to a point the arrows won't blow up mid notch.

And I didn't want to face an omukade without using it again...Shikon powered or otherwise.

"There should be a few places around the halfway point, there is a large forest surrounding to at of the village. There should be a few locations around the edge to practice safety." Myōga said from Inuko's shoulder before he jumped off.

I just smiled at that bit of news.

Perfect, what I need.

"Lady Inuko I shall be taking my leave then." Myōga said getting her nod.

"Fine, but I hear you run away from any of them I'll squash you into that kami forsaken tree with a rock." Inuko said, getting the old flea yokai to shudder before hopping onto Y/N's shoulder.

"U-Understood." Myōga said, getting Inuko to huff.

"I should be able to track you down by either by the middle of the night or dawn. You all should be fine if it's just an omukade, but if you encounter someone serving Kirinmaru...well you all should be able to hold them off." Inuko said gruffly.

"As long as there isn't anything like the Shikyō, I'm sure that master and the girl should be able to handle most of them." Yura said.

"The Shikyō?" I asked Y/N.

"Kirnimaru's retainers, don't know much except they all originate from the mainland." He said.

"Lord Kirinmaru's four most unruly subordinates and some of his strongest, yet they keep all the others inline. Wouldn't be surprised if other than Yotsume one of their vassals are there. Yura's assessment is correct if that is the case, yet we shall we." Myōga said, getting us to nod.

Hopefully both of them were on their assessments.

If the four of them weren't the strongest and held such a representation, I dread to face them or someone else on their level especially after yesterday.

"Just try to be careful, a lot to ask but-""It'll be okay Inuko, can't guarantee anything but with Yura I'm sure we'll be more than fine until you come back." Y/N said with a reassuring smile.

"Master's right, nothing like yesterday will happen to him or Kagome." Yura said.

"We'll be alright Inuko, you'll have nothing to worry about. I promise." I said with a smile.

Inuko looked between the three of us before sighing and shaking her head, trying to hide a small smile.

"Fine, fine. Just save some action for me if you can." Inuko said before facing Shippō. "What about you kit, you haven't said a word yet?"

Shippō looked between her, Y/N, and myself for a few moments. Before nodding and smiling as he jumped off Y/N's shoulder. Looks like he finally made his choice.

"A little warning next time!" Inuko growled out before shaking her head as Shippō settled onto her shoulder. "So you made up your mind?" 

"Yup, didn't want to leave you alone." He said with a smile.

Inuko stared at him for a moment before sighing.

"I was traveling with Kaede, but thanks kit." Inuko said before facing Kaede. "Ready to go?"

"Yes, I've been away from the village long enough and they need to know what happened here...and I'll need some time before checking the cave." Kaede said before looking back at us. "Hopefully by the time you return I will have answer, I just pray to Amaterasu that I'm wrong."

"Something we agree on." Yura said, getting Y/N to shudder.

Whoever that yokai is, it has gotten him spooked even when trying not to focus on it...

"Then I suppose we will head out as well now." Y/N said with a smile. "Take care and see you both later."

"Stay safe." I said as we split into two groups, each going into a different direction.

"Bye Y/N, bye Kagome! Good luck you two! And the creepy lady I suppose!" Shippō said, waving goodbye as the three of us walked away.

Yura visibly bristled at that remark while Inuko just gave away before she bounded off with Kaede follow on horseback.

"One of these days." Yura said, clearly annoyed.

"I'll talk to him later." Y/N sighed out before looking down at Myōga. "So which way to this village?"

"Continue down this ridge after walking to the same foothill we traveled yesterday. Walk until you come across a lone sakura tree. Should be a straight shot northeast until we reach the edge of where the omukade's territory was. We can break there." Myōga said, getting Y/N to nod and myself to shudder.

"Yeah let's." I said with a slight shudder.

Even with the brood supposedly almost wiped I was not too keen on face another one of them after Mukade Jōrō, especially with my reiryoku control still shot.

I don't want a repeat of what happened last time...

"Kagome it will be alright." Y/N said, breaking me from my thoughts placing a hand on my shoulder. "It won't like last time, so much has changed since then. That we have Yura with us now."

"True girl considering everything you stood against a measly centipede shouldn't be any different." Yura added in, getting me to nod while trying to gain a determined look.

After these past few weeks I have faced things far more deadly than an omukade despite still being uneasy about it. We were also going to be making a stop to make some more practice in.

I would feel more confident facing any that remainder there.

Still have come a long way since then and while it will be no Mukade Jōrō, it will just be a mark of how far we have come since being dragged into the well.

(Yura POV - Forest Outskirts - A few hours later)

"Almost got it." Kagome sighed out as she notched another arrow.

Ahead on a tree was a thin sheet of cracked ice, several arrows embedded into it as master stood next to it.

The arrow that Kagome notched began to glow a soft pink before being released.

Which promptly faded before striking the ice, embedding itself into it.

"Dang it." She said before placing down her hama ya.

"You were close Kagome, why not take a minute to catch a breather? Made some great progress in this round." Y/N said as he dispelled the ice and began to pick up the arrows on the ground.

"Didn't break any of them this time girl, you're clearly improving." I said, jumping down from the tree-line and making my presence known.

For the past hour Kagome had been practicing trying to regain control of her reiryoku since we have arrived, taking a break every now and then.

I stuck around for a while before deciding to check around the surrounding Forrest area before coming back every now and then. Considering the old flea has said the area has attracted bandits and a brood of omukade for the jewel shard I was not taking any chances. 

Especially considering master's or the girl's luck.

Speaking of which, Kagome has gotten back at least some control.

At first it was practically nothing, but before I started to scout out the area she could start to channel it through the arrows. Yet they lost the reiryoku after being shot. Eventually the arrows could contain it mid flight before dissipating. Some breaking before or after they hit the target.

Now though it seems like she can maintain it without breaking them, just not all the time. Nowhere near as before but definitely progress.

Good for her, figured about as much.

"Have you seen anything new in the forest Yura?" Y/N asked as Kagome walked towards us.

"Nothing new, but we are still at the outskirts. I haven't gone too deep into it master, but if there are any omukade nearby they would have found us by now." I said, getting the girl to shudder.

"Thankfully that hasn't happened yet, but we should probably head a little way back." Kagome said with master and I nodding in agreement.

"We'll try for a little bit more and then break for lunch just a little bit away from the edge." Y/N said.

"I'll go check again." I said before extending some hairs outwards.

Perhaps it would turn up with nothing, yet couldn't be too cautious. Already had enough hairs all over this section of the forest just incase.

"Take care Yura." Y/N said, getting me to smile.

"As always I will master." I said before jumping through the tree-line.

Before frowning as I made it a little deeper into the forest before flexing my fingers.

The old flea let out a yelp as he was strung upside down over a tree branch.

"What are you doing here, trying to feed off me. That wouldn't have worked all that well and I thought that would have learned your lesson earlier." I said to him with a frown.

The old flea while master was helping the girl had finally given into temptation. For the entire track to the forest he had been resisting trying to feed off master's blood, knowing full the effects it would have.

Giving into his desire before taking off with a rather upset stomach and trying to warm up after just a moment to feed off master.

Last I knew he was hiding out near them for a while until now.

"J-Just put me down I've still haven't settled." Myōga said, getting me to flick a finger before he was swatted onto the branch harshly. "Should have known his blood was even more dangerous and delicious after so many shards."

"I would not be focusing on that right now, so were you trying to feed off me?" I asked irritably.

If he tried to feed off the girl while she is practicing her reiryoku he'd more than likely get fried.

"Yes I was, but I was trying to find a way to speak about last night with Lady Inuko alone. With his blood I couldn't get a chance earlier to speak." Myōga said, getting me to frown.

Seems like this old flea is playing a dangerous game.

"You know if the bitch finds out you're paste right?" I questioned him.

"But you're not going to press Lady Inuko on this issue either." Myōga said, getting me to nod.

The old flea got me there admittedly.

"I take it that you were the one who gave Kagome the idea to ask about Lady Inukimi and Lady Izayoi. About " Myōga said, surprising me for a moment before I smiled.

"Not quite, the girl did that herself. Just created that suggestion on how things would turn out considering how many yokai including myself tried to capture him or showed interest, that there would be others in the future. To share and keep an eye on him, giving her the chance to think about it. Haven't pushed it on the events with the overgrown weed to not lose it, but I will after we deal with this situation. It's been nearly two weeks since." I sighed out.

Considering everything with Kikyō yesterday I will have to ask the girl sooner or later. There is more than enough time.

Adding in what happened between her and Inuko...that was the worst possible case imaginable and something pretty sure something we both wish not to happen.

"Yet I believe that you originally just proposed it to be able to go after Y/N." Myōga said, getting me to smirk.

So the old flea was smarter than I thought, than again while somewhat of a coward was the Inu no Taishō's retainer.

"Speak of it to anyone and I will do far worse than what Inuko does." I said, getting him to shakily nod while I sighed. "My original intent and I made it clear to the girl if she accepted or not I would still go for master. But I did suggest that as things could get worst. I mean the bitch's sister is intrigued and the crazy thunder bitch made her intentions for master and Kagome known."

"And last night you confirmed it for Lady Inuko." Myōga said, getting me to nod.

"True, perhaps a little too rash for conformation." I admitted shaking my head.

Well she was the only one I have confirmed that didn't terrify me and was who knows where or had trouble hiding their interest.

"You did, still whatever your intentions are. Both you and Kagome need to discuss this soon. I would prefer not to have a repeat of yesterday or with Lord Tōga and Ladies Inukimi and Izayoi. Aside from that same thing I told Kagome, try to find common ground that isn't Y/N."  Myōga said, getting me to smirk.

"That shouldn't be too difficult, girl's got a ferocity streak to her." I said, getting him to sigh and mutter something to the effect of not this again.

Guess the bitch probably inherited it from her mother.

"Yet I'll talk about it after we deal with whatever in Yomi is going on here. The bitch's situation...that is going to take quite a bit longer to deal with." I sighed out.

Can't really figure out how to deal with something like she just went through and with her and master.

Still Kagome has had quite sometime to think about this...I won't expect an exact answer or a confirmation, but we need to discuss this...

Wait, picking up something on my hairs.

Footsteps indicate that it was a bipedal, possibly a human. And it was quickly running through this portion of the forest.

Could get some answers.

"Old flea if you would prefer not to be left behind her on, I suggest that you jump on." I said before taking off as I jumped off the branch. Feeling him land on my shoulder as I took off through the treetops.

"What is going on?" Myōga asked.

"I human I believe, if you what you said about omukade had been targeting bandits perhaps a target. If not prey. For the later master would probably have them get out of the forest." I said as I felt we were getting close.

"And the latter?" Myōga asked.

"Same, although still a good source for answers...and blood and hair." I said, and it looked like the old flea liked that suggestion as well.

Took a few more moments to track down the exact direction they were traveling to find a poorly dressed human male carrying a chipped tanto in hand.

"They said it was supposed to be easy, just a few of us get to the boss and the others. Tell him we got the kid and would need the rest for the village. No one said there would be a damned omukade!" He said running for his life before I flexed a finger.

Bandit it is.

He let out a rather loud shriek, dropping his tanto and arms tied to his side as he was lifted into the treetops.

I let him yell and babble for a few moments before making my presence known, drawing Benigasumi.

Seeing the blade he cowered and thrashed.

"I would suggest you stop thrashing unless you wish to draw said omukade here." I said with a smirk, getting the man to still in my hairs. "There we go, isn't this eating. I'm going to give you two choices. Either you tell me everything and I'll let you live, or I snap your back and leave you as omukade bait. I get what I want no matter what, you'll suffer less for choosing."

"No, I'll tell you everything! Just get me out of this damned forest!" The cowardly bandit screamed out.

Perfect.

"You'll tell me everything on the way then, until then I made a promise to someone." I said as Myōga jumped onto his shoulder.

"His blood is not the most pleasant of smells, but it should suffice." Myōga said, getting the cowardly bandit to struggle anymore.

"You said I would get hurt if I chose!" He cried out, getting me to grin.

"No, I said you'll suffer less." I said, enjoying his panicked screams as Myōga began to feed and I retracted my surrounding hairs.

Never expected a bandit to scream as much from a harmless feeding. Still he should provide a better idea on what is going on here.

(Y/N POV - Same Time)

Is turned to look back at the forest as I heard the sound of someone screaming from there. At least that is what thought it could be screaming.

"Y/N did you hear that too?" Kagome asked, getting me to nod.

So she heard it too.

"Try one more arrow and then we'll pull back from the edge. If we heard it Yura should as well, hopefully she'll be back soon." I said, getting Kagome to nod as she notched another arrow.

She was improving quite a bit with these last few arrows, them being able to carry reiryoku all the was consistently.

Had to reinforce the ice sheet so that it wouldn't shatter twice now, wouldn't be surprised if she broke it this time.

Kagome took in a breath as the tip of the arrow glowed with reiryoku before releasing it. The arrow flew straight and landed around the corner of the street, release it a small bit of reiryoku that cracked half of the sheet before breaking away the corner which it landed.

Okay a little less than what I expected, but a good bit of progress none the less.

I dispelled the ice sheet and gather the arrows before seeing Kagome leaning against a tree.

"Are you alright Kagome?" I asked as I approached her.

"I'm okay, just a little winded." Kagome said with a smile as I stood there next to her.

"Feel like you can hold a better chance against an omukade now." I asked, getting Kagome to nod.

"Probably after some rest." Kagome said before shaking her head. "Though still a little worried about facing more than just the omukade after yesterday. Even with Yura my reiryoku control still needs some work and you're still a little banged up from Kikyō and Ryūma."

"Got a point there, but we have been in worse situations than this before." I sighed out, getting her to nod before she smirked.

"True, no telling what might happen." Kagome said before squeezing my hand. "But I suppose this is just another situation to deal with...by Amaterasu to think this kind of mess is becoming somewhat normal to me minus the danger."

"Wouldn't have it any other way at this point, but we got each others backs no matter what." I said, repeating her gesture and standing shoulder to shoulder to her.

"Always." Kagome said with a smile which I mirrored.

For a few moments it was just the two of use before we heard the sounds of muffled screaming in the distance, to which Kagome just sighed was the sound drew closer.

"It was nice while it lasted." Kagome said with a smile while I nodded. "Do you think that was Yura."

"Oh I imagine it is, so let's see what she brought." I said as I handed her the arrows as we got off the tree.

True to word Yura came out of the forrest with Myōga on her shoulder, pulling with her before hanging a bound man struggling with his mouth tied shut with her hairs.

"Master I've found a possible location of the omukade from this bandit here." Yura said, stringing his form up on the tree Kagome had been shooting under before. "So I take it your control of reiryoku was the same girl?"

"A little better, though why is his jaw bound shut?" Kagome aske curiously.

"Coward here aside from blubbering and trying to spill everything he had done wouldn't stop screaming when the old flew feed off of him." Yura said, getting both me and Kagome to look at Myōga as he jumped on my shoulder.

"Was it perhaps from feeding me earlier?" I asked, looking at him.

Myōga just avoided my gaze.

"Perhaps." He admitted, getting me to shake my head.

Process was rather harmless feather than a minor sting, yet for the bandit to react like that. Either Yura's assertion of him was correct or Yura had sacred him initially alongside the omukade more than she knew.

Or maybe she did.

"Are you sure that there isn't any trace of an omukade after you?" I asked.

"Have hairs around just incase and from what I know there are others it is chasing, scattered around the forest. Honestly would prefer to leave him as bait, what I could get was that he and a few others kidnapped a child from the village." Yura said, getting him to squirm more while Kagome glared at him.

She hadn't reached for an arrow, but was probably tempted.

Yet with a kid in play if they were still alive they would be a perfect target for the omukade if there wasn't a large group bandits currently holding one's attention.

"Yura please unbind his jaws, I'll handle this." I said, beginning to generate mist as I approached the bandit. Him squirming as the hairs around his jaws fell to the ground. "Now tell me what exactly happened to this child or..."

"He was a little kid, grandson or grandnephew to the village's leader and that is all I know! About six of us went to get him and stashed him by a waterfall. Three of us including myself were sent to get the rest of us from the outskirts and the boss." He said as I got a little closer.

"Let me guess, you heard the rumors of something in the village and all the bandits disappearing your boss figured to kidnap a kid as leverage and had some of you do it incase you disappeared the rest could leave. If not you would raid the village and get as much as you can take." I theorized, getting him to nod nervously.

"Y-Yes I figured as much, but a damned omukade burrowed into the middle of our group and took him out as we scattered. Last I saw she had ripped someone's arm off before dragging him away. Look the kid is probably safe, from that three eyed freak anyway." The bandit said, causing Yura to sigh.

"Well master this just got more problematic, sounds like we are dealing with Mittsume Jōrō. Nothing too big except she is a rather vicious omukade and head of a large brood, at least formerly now." Yura said, with Kagome shuddering a little.

Considering this omukade, Mittsume Jōrō had some renown for being vicious and was the head of a brood she was stronger than most. 

If there were more surviving beside her things would only get more difficult...

"The waterfall is halfway through the forest to the village, considering the number of men there might be a chance for the kid and the bandits with him are alive. Not sure before she picks off the rest of them." Myōga said, getting both me and Kagome to nod.

If this Mittsume Jōrō didn't already get to them first there was still a chance they would be alive. Not sure how many bandits were within this group, but it would probably be a bunch.

We need to get to this waterfall quickly to see what happens.

But first.

"Yura let him go." I said, surprising him and Kagome.

"Seriously!" Kagome asked, until she saw my smile. Which she matched with one of her own.

Looks like we had the same idea.

"R-Really?" The bandit asked nervously, which only grew as he saw our smiles.

"You would be deadweight otherwise, but not without a price." Kagome said a little too sweetly.

He looked panicked and confused until Yura slammed the end of Benigasumi on his head. The bandit crumpling and being suspended by Yura's hairs.

There was no way we were just going to let him off the hook for that. Aside giving how flighty he looked, probably would have gotten himself killed if we brought him along.

"Needed to replace the hairs around his mouth." Yura said, holding Benigasumi to the back of his head. "This should only be about a minute master, after that we find that kid and the three eyied wretch." 

Me and Kagome nodded, although she did a little shakily.

If there was a chance the kid was still alive we needed to check, alongside a better chance for Kagome to find the shard too. Still finding the kid takes precsidence.

Won't be easy alongside a viscous omukade, a camp of scattered bandits, and at least a tatarimokke there is no telling what we could encounter in this forest first.

(In the forest - 25 minutes later)

"And there is another one, it sounded much closer this time." Kagome said worriedly as we traveled through the forest, led by Myōga's direction.

"Another bandit for sure, we are still quite a good distance from the waterfall." Myōga said while I just nodded.

"Yet that was the third scream we heard now. The bandits were closer than we thought." I said before looking up to Yura in the treetops. "Just how vicious is this Mittsume Jōrō?"

"More so than the usual omukade, all I know is that the three eyed wretch once chased a man on horseback from midday to night because he woke her up after molting. He only survived because they ran into a pair of yokai taijiya and her skin still soft decided to retreat. Not before taking one of the taijiya's eyes and running with the man's leg in her jaws." Yura said matter of factly as she jumped from tree to tree.

Me and Kagome looked at each other at a wince at that news.

Quite the nasty piece of work is what I believe the saying was.

Knew omukade were vicious and experienced it first hand with Mukade Jōrō, but that was just somewhat tame compared to what this one could do. And the head of a large brood too.

Unlike regular centipedes regular or yokai, omukade were just as much comfortable living alone or in a brood, mostly anyways. Although the death rates in a brood were much higher compared to those alone or in pairs according to records.

Mainly for those looking to establish themselves in charge of it. Regular broods were usually 4-6, the largest one found by humans was 24 sometime in Yoyoi era in the early A.D.. Not sure exactly when but it occurred, but evidence my father could tell coincided during the reign of Tiberius in Rome.

Wiped out several settlements before wiping themselves out.

Pretty vicious type of yokai in general.

"And does this one have three eyes?" Kagome asked.

"Defintly sounds like it, a trait that appears in omukade from what I know a type of somatic mutation that not all get it survive into adulthood." I said, getting her to nod.

"Only one I've heard of, probably some truth in that master. Also there looks like to be a large clearing up ahead." Yura called out from above.

"If there is a rock spire perhaps about knee high on the edge of the tree line head in that direction for the waterfall." Myōga said.

"I'll check it out, just give me a moment master, Kagome." Yura said before I felt a slight loosening over parts of my body before she took off.

"Going to need ask her to loosen up the hairs around my wrists." Kagome said, shaking her hands.

"You okay?" I asked Kagome, getting her to nod with a smile.

"Just a little tight, otherwise alright." Kagome said, getting me to nod.

Yura had wrapped us in a bunch of hairs around our bodies to pull us back at a moment's notice. Considering the reach of an omukade and this one had been picking up bandits from below ground it was more than necessary incase things could go wrong.

She also said that it would be done with no warning except for a jerking motion before pulling us back. Both me and Kagome trusted Yura enough to be strung along here.

"Heard it but no time, the old flea is right but there is a bandit there." Yura said, feeling the hairs wrapped around before a scream erupted from up ahead. Followed by a loud crashing noise. "Never mind it seems like that three eyed wretch found him."

"All the same we should check it out." I said as we began to head towards the clearing. "Kagome are you ready?"

"Somewhat, but I can't sense a jewel shard close by so at the very least it didn't pick it up." Kagome said, looking somewhat concerned as she drew and arrow before steeling herself.

I just nodded as we followed Yura to the clearing.

Only took a few moments before we entered the clearing and the first thing we saw saw the bandit, struggling while wrapped in the centipede half of the omukade. What parts visible showed several parts of his body had been flayed open by her legs.

"Please no more-" The bandit tried to plea, but was silenced when three of her legs clamped down over his chest with enough force to impale him.

Causing the bandit to hang limply as she pulled her legs back and made a flicking motion to get blood off of them.

With me and Kagome looking on aghast at the sight.

Here in the Sengoku Jidai we've seen our share at horrors, but this omukade flayed this man alive and killed him while he was begging for his life.

That was a new one.

"Well what do we have, a trio of women who got lost. None of you were with the bandits. This will be quite the treat." I heard a woman's voice speak from above.

Right we were looking at the lower half of the omukade.

Briefly looking to my side to see Kagome looking a little pale and shaking a little before following her gaze and seeing why with Mittsume Jōrō looking down on us. 

Minus the third eye in the middle of her head, she looked identical to Mukade Jōrō. For the lower half the difference was her exoskeleton was a vermillion instead of a dark red. Alongside marked with what appeared to be various burn and claw scars wrapped her exoskeleton.

Considering how vicious Yura said, all of them were earned.

I began to generate mist as Mittsume Jōrō pulled back, before all three eyes widened in realization as she looked between myself and Kagome.

"Priestess with strange clothing, halfbreed with black and white hair and scarf..." She said, before barring her fangs at us and roaring! "I'm going to make you both suffer!"

Mittsume Jōrō charged at us and Yura pulled us back into the clearing. With the omukade twisting and ramming into some trees, knocking them down.

"Great she knows about us." Kagome said as we landed back on the ground.

"It was only a matter of time." I said, drawing Shusūi.

"Wish the halfbreed bitch was here two so I could murder all three of you! You killed my grandmother, especially the bitch twice!" She yelled before twisting at my, Yura pulling me back as Mittsume Jōrō created a divot in the ground.

Tsukiyomi damn it, she's a granddaughter of Mukade Jōrō. That would explain the resemblance.

"So she's related to her!" Kagome exclaimed firing an arrow at Mittsume Jōrō. Quickly notching another one and fired it.

The first one only bounced off the omukade's exoskeleton, the second on hit an old scar and tore open a very small piece of it through a pulse of reiryoku. Getting the Mittsume Jōrō to yell out in pain.

"Yes." Kagome said, before Yura pulled her back.

"Don't celebrate yet girl." Yura said, getting me and Kagome to nod.

"And about the relation I do know Mukade Jōrō did lay a clutch of eggs once, tried in Lord Tōga's territory. Only to be chased off by Lady Sesshōmaru as it was nearby a false tomb." Myōga said, getting me to sigh.

So there more of her lineage around Honshū, suppose it was only a matter of time until we ran into one of them.

"Yura do you think that you could hold her for a moment?" I asked as Yura pulled as back as Mittsume Jōrō burrowed underground.

"Give me a second master, not sure how long." Yura said, getting me and Kagome to nod.

"As much as you need." Kagome said, notching an arrow as Mittsume Jōrō came up and tried bite my leg off.

With Yura pulling us back and Kagome fired an arrow, however with her twisting it just deflected off of her exoskeleton.

"I am going to enjoy killing you all, especially you halfbreed! I hate them all!" She roared out, charging towards me and would have taken a chunk from my side if I didn't create a thin ice wall. "The bitch killed my grandmother and one wiped out my brood including my sisters!"

Mittsume Jōrō smashed through the wall and twisted towards me, Yura pulling me back out of the way. With her moving back as Kagome fired another arrow that landed infront of her.

Lunging towards me, and twisting away as I tried to slash at the omukade with Shusūi.

"I am going to feasting on you!" Mittsume Jōrō roared out with a grin as she 

Only to run face first into a net of hairs, getting her to yell in pain as her face was covered in scratches.

"You bitch!" She yelled out in pain, pulling back and grasping her face with four of her arms. Before her arms and neck were being pulled back. "What is this?"

"Stay the Yomi away from master, Kushi no Ori!" Yura declared, raising her hand and clenching it into a fist. 

The hairs pulling back on her limbs even more and some more hairs lying around the omukade upward, forming a makeshift cage. Mittsume Jōrō thrashed about and it looked like the hairs were actually cutting into her sides. Yet it also seemed like some of the strands including the one on her neck was snapping.

"Master, Kagome now!" Yura shouted, bringing her hand down and a number of hairs continued to push into the thrashing yokai's side.

Kagome quickly notched an arrow I rushed forward.

Mittsume Jōrō's swung the back section of her body towards Kagome, Yura pulled her back. Kagome releasing the arrow and it landed in a section of the exoskeleton. Although her reiryoku seemed to fizzle out, it did irritate Mittsume Jōrō.

Finding and old scar I slashed at it with Shusūi with Yura throwing Benigasumi right next to where Kagome's arrow landed. Mittsume Jōrō yelled out in pain as she broke through more hairs.

 I generated mist on Shusūi and jabbed the tip into the opening, getting the omukade to write in pain as frost began to spread along her skin.

Before she broke free from the hairs and raised her body upwards, getting me to hold onto Shusūi and formed an icy claw with my other hand to prevent me from being thrown off.

"No escaping now-" Mittsume Jōrō tried to threaten as she twisted her body to try and attack me, only for another arrow and Benigasumi to strike another spot on her side. Causing her to yell in pain.

Further helped by the fact that unlike last time, Kagome's arrow released some more reiryoku.

"Damn you!" She shouted, changing her attention to Kagome.

Both of us were pulled back by Yura as she charged, yanking Shusūi and dispelling the claw as I found myself being pulled higher into the air.

Wait what was-

Yura pulled herself higher into the air with a smirk.

Oh that is what she was planing.

I smiled as I began to channel more mist over Shusūi that began shifting into ice.

This was going to hurt a lot.

"What th-" Mittsume Jōrō questioned, but was cut off and yelled out in pain as I swung Shusūi in its longmaul form onto the part of her back.

Combined with the descent of my fall, the weight of the ice, and the shape of the longmaul it split through her exoskeleton easily.

Dispelling the ice around Shusūi I jumped back as she twisted to bit me.

"Oni-bi Gushi!" Yura shouted, lighting several strands on fire lined up in the massive gash I created. Cauterizing the wound closed. "I warned you."

"Damn you all, damn you all to the deepest pits of Yomi!" Mittsume Jōrō yelled out as I was pulled away from her.

She rose her body up and looked ready to lunge, but paused.

Letting an agitated snarl before glaring at us murderously with her three eyes, looking behind us and back.

When I check, I saw nothing there and Yura frowned as well. There had to be something else here going on...

"I'll deal with you three later, I will have to finish off the rest of rabble first." Mittsume Jōrō threatened, breaking me out of my thoughts. "The village will be razed by the morning sun as payback for what happened to my brood and I will kill you all among them. I don't care which I accomplish first."

With that she began to lean down a little bit more, glaring at me as a section of her lower half wrapped around the bandit's corpse.

"But I will be sure to kill you first, you frosty halfbreed b-" Whatever Mittsume Jōrō was going to say was cut off as an arrow lodged itself in one of her legs. Getting her to yell in pain from a small bit of reiryoku.

"Shut your mouth!" Kagome threatened as she notched another arrow.

Mittsume Jōrō just growled and twisted her body, her lower body snapping a tree and sent it flying towards us.

Yura pulled us back with her hairs as the top half crashed to the ground, seeing where the omukade had burrowed into the ground collapse into a small pit.

She was gone for now.

I let out a sigh of relief as I dispelled the mist around me.

"The three eyed hint seemed to be gone for now." Yura said, not dropping her guard. "Good shot there girl."

"Thanks, but I was trying to aim at where her back was split." Kagome said while shaking her head. "Honestly she seemed almost as tough as her grandmother before she tore the jewel out of me."

"Only more ferocious and a tougher exoskeleton without the immortality. Although I'm more worried why she took off in the first place." I sighed out. "It looked like she didn't want to in the first place."

Mittsume Jōrō seemed like she just wanted to kill us on principle alone, so why retreat like that?

There was something else at play here. More likely someone else at play.

Given it knew about us...oh please Amaterasu don't tell me it could be the yokai.

Granted the possibility was somewhat likely, but it could be something else. There was still this Yotsume according to Myōga to consider too...

"Y/N you're thinking the yokai could be here, are you?" Kagome asked, breaking me from my musings.

I just sighed and nodded.

"That was a possibility, Mittsume Jōrō looked like she was looking at something or someone. She also did know who we are, either told or heard about us. But the key was our descriptions of our appearance." I said.

"It could very well be from a servant of Lord Kirinmaru as well, Yotsume did see you two and Lady Kagome as well." Myōga said as I felt my hair shift and he jumped back onto my shoulder.

"Thought you had run off on master." Yura said, a strand of hair gleaming between two fingers.

"Lady Inuko made clear otherwise, been in worse bouts than this one. Yet aside from the possibility of two diff pent possibilities of what is going on, ask what is she doing with the bandit's bodies." Myōga said, getting the three of us to pause.

Mittsume Jōrō did say that she would deal with the rabble here, and Myōga did say bandits have been disappearing her lately last night.

"Have to agree with the old flea on this master, something is going on." Yura sighed while shaking her head. "That three eyed wretch isn't eating them all clearly."

"So what is she doing with the other bodies, can't imagine it could be anything like Urasue." Kagome said, worry visible on her face.

None of us were really keen on having a repeat of that.

"She was the best in bringing her back in Honshū so I doubt they could accomplish much. Yet girl there are more than one way to use a human corpse depending on the yokai." Yura said, getting Kagome to shudder.

She was right on that regard, heck Kikyō's body was brought back through her grave soil and ashes into a shibito. No matter the condition of a corpse there was some way to use or weaponize it in the eyes of some yokai.

Can't think of anything specifically for this case, but whoever Mittsume Jōrō is allied with it is using the corpses of bandits for some purpose. There are so many ways this could go wrong...

"Any ideas on what they could do with the corpses?" Kagome asked me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

To which I just shook my head at that.

"No clear idea, but Mittsume Jōrō made her intention clear to wipe out the village. Quite a few suggestions other than using shibito, yet nothing as effective as we saw. But we need to get to the village soon." I sighed out.

"With the three eyed wretch clearing the forest of bandits it will only be a matter of time until she comes back for us." Yura said.

"And the jewel shard is still in the direction Myōga described the village to be." Kagome said before shaking her head. "I can tell that we are quite a distance away. We better hurry to the waterfall."

"Let's see if someone is still there." I said, getting Kagome to nod as Yura used her hairs to hand Kagome a pair of arrows that were still intact.

"I'll stay ahead master, just either one alert me if something else happens." She said before jumping into the tree tops. Me and Kagome following her after placing the arrows in the quiver.

Mittsume Jōrō could spring up at anytime after us and we would be more than ready for another attack. And then there was the matter of what else could be inside the forest aside from her and Yotsume.

Requiring the bodies of so many bandits there had to be something else at play her aside from razing a village to the ground. Don't know what or with whom Mittsume Jōrō was working yet thinking about it now will get us nothing but dread what to come...well even more.

Still our main focus now was to head to the waterfall and still see if anyone was there. Hopefully the kid would still be alright if the omukade hadn't gotten there.

Getting there would give us a massive advantage against Mittsume Jōrō and given how close it was to the village should provide some insight into what had happened here before our arrival.

With everything probably literally going on beneath the surface of the forest, everything we learn is crucial.

(??? POV - Former Omukade Brood Nest - 2 Minutes later)

Well this cave was nothing compared to the ones in Aokigahara, it held quite the roomy feel to it, minus the stench of omukade and corpses. 

I agree with the madame on Mittsume Joro's personality being distasteful, yet her brood certainly held great taste in their choice of a nest. The conditions perfect for storing the bodies with minimal rot.

Perhaps I could turn this into another storage area.

I should ask the madame about storing some of her items again. After cleaning out the smell probably...no that would be a waste of time and too far inland for my liking.

Maybe just the alcove I saw a bit ago, nothing major but just a nice little storage whole for gold and other trinkets I've come across my voyages.

Should think about this later as I could hear the sounds of burrowing, Yotsume had found her.

Looking to my side I saw him perch on the branch of a downed tree near the entrance, Yotsume looking exhausted as Mittsume Jōrō deposited four corpses rather tastelessly in a heap.

Chewing on a heavily mutilated arm before swallowing it while.

The madame was right that she lacked the grace her grandmother shown, displaying her true self from the get go.

"Must you eat another corpse, we need as many as we can." Yotsume said, recoiling as the omukade bared her fangs at him.

"Shut it, I had to dealing with the frosty halfbreed, the miko, and some sort of hair yokai. Besides there is a few more roaming around the forest." Mittsume Jōrō said before twisting her body to face me.

A common tactic during our meetings, but I was amused by her attempts to intimidate me.

"You summoned him to get to remind me of this didn't you, and the halfbreed bitch isn't among their numbers. Still I'm keeping my end of Lady Zero's deal as promised, as much as I would like to raze that village here and now." Mittsume Jōrō said, leaning closer while I just nodded with a smile.

"But while not risking yourself completely, she made it very clear to me about upholding our end. And I thought Lady Kyūki was threatening with her orders." Yotsume said, ruffling his feathers.

A quick glance and smile from me was enough to silence him as I reached into kosode.

Mittsume Jōrō's eyes widening as she saw me pull out the item she has been craving from us.

"While one of them is elsewhere as agreed upon, the Midori Pearl." I said, her eyes gleaming with greed as I slipped it into a small pouch. "However only use it when you next confront them, after taking care of the rest of the bandits you can find. I'll know otherwise."

She made a quite hissing noise in her throat before nodding.

More than aware of what would happen.

She killed any of the hanyo she could keep the pearl, if she tried to run it would only result in her death but not from myself.

Konton was looking forward to regaining one of the pearls, didn't have to be his specifically and one in the open would be rather tempting...

Still she will keep the Shikon Jewel shard, the Madame had no use on that. And half of the Shikyō's efforts to look discreetly for them have provided fruitless. Only a matter of time until Lord Kirinmaru fully awakens.

"Fine, and things on your end?" Mittsume Jōrō said, one of her arms grabbing the pouch as she twisted to face Yotsume.

"They agree and are happy with your terms if things succeed, you got your army." Yotsume said, getting her to nod before turning around. Her third eye glaring at the tatarimokke before disappearing further into the cave.

I waited a few moments before I felt the vibrations of her tunneling away.

"She is going to try to kill me." Yotsume sighed out.

"Definitely, keep your distance. But you know what to do." I said, getting Yotsume to grumble as he nodded before flying away.

While he might dislike the order, the madam made clear what needed to be done incase Mittsume Jōrō fails and the hanyo's capabilities tested.

We were still unsure of why Lord Kirinmaru stirred and showed interest in him?

Mittsume Jōrō would be an excellent showing of his capabilities, from what the madame told me was that she aspired to become like her grandmother. Lacking her experience, subtlety, and most importantly her immortality.

Her hatred of hanyos and relation made her the ideal testing material, yet I have to wonder how this will turn out.

Yet that were my orders to do, observe and prepare.

Speaking of which.

I tapped my earring, the ringing turning into a cacophony of caws.

"Everything is here, you have hours to prepare." I said, moving to the side.

Personally I rather detested this method, but it would get us results. It was easy enough to lure in bandit's with the allure of treasure. Yet more than enough to satisfy Mittsume Jōrō's need for vengeance.

Now, time to see how this will play to settle Lori Kirinmaru's order and our curiosity.

(Chapter 51 end)

Hey guys Mukuro7 and welcome back to the long await next chapter of Hanyo of Snow.

Here we have the group splitting up with Inuko and Shippō bring Kaede back to the village while the others head to deal with the omukade. Finding more than they expected and Myōga knew,  trying to figure out what is going on for aside the obvious.

One half of the main antagonists for the arc...let's call it the Midori Pearl arc is Mittsume Jōrō from Yashahime, kind of obvious. And yes she is Mukade Jōrō's granddaughter, I checked.

More blunt than her grandmother but none the less more vicious acting as the brawn with a grudge against Inuko, Y/N, and Kagome. Alongside a hatred on hanyos for recent events that will be covered later. Working under Zero in a deal-for revenge and as a means for  killing and checking on Inuko and Y/N.

The other half is Yotsume acting as Mittsume's handler, kind of like Myōga not much of a fighter and coward. Yet knows unlike with Inuko, fleeing without a good reason would be a death sentence.Not much of a fight under normal circumstances yet has some ways around that.

Finally with Yura, a confrontation with Myōga, and especially after the events of yesterday she is ready to talk with Kagome after everything is settled to get her answer.

Anyways that should be all for now.

Next chapter is the group arrives at the waterfall to see if anyone is alive or not, having another encounter with Mittsume Jōrō who is much stronger than the last time. And a new danger to look out for, so I hope that you all will enjoy.

So until next time, ciao!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660K 10.2K 46
Hello, this is my first story. I don't own demon slayer or Any photos or videos I use in this story the credit goes to their rightful owners (English...
60.9K 1.8K 27
Kagome and InuYasha had come together again after Kagome was able to go through the well, one last time. She has studied under Kaede and honed her pr...
113K 3.7K 26
An escaped princess? Sesshomaru? Kagome and Inuyasha? This story is one hot mess of a fanfiction but I hope you take a peek at my story! 💖
27.1K 976 28
yokai (妖怪) n. ❥ a class of monsters, spirits and demons in Japanese folklore [ tomioka giyuu x fem!oc ] [ douma x fem!oc ] [ kibutsuji muzan x fem...