𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐑...

بواسطة vneryx

my hand was the one you reached for; all throughout the great war. vicky, nancy, thèrèse and beatrice the cra... المزيد

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗴𝗲
𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁;
1. the circle of idiots
2. all by yourself, sitting alone
3. interrogation
5. the plan pt. ii
6. escaping
7. alice in zombieland
8. a guidance.
9. faith, hope and trust
10. faith or failed?
11. heart to heart
12. the other side
13. pleasing a storm
14. mr. brightside
15. laughter in the tombs
16. always
17. our little team
18. no touchy please
19. i'm poison
20. time for murder punks!
21. what an idiot
22. the girls are here
23. the cure and the key
24. but a mother never forgets
25. please don't tell them
26. the way i loved you
27. she is not one of us
28. gladers sticks together
29. omg they are roommates
30. the island of remembrance
31. the room of the past
32. it is wednesday my dudes
33. a maroon date
34. the breaking point
35. the girls became bakers
36. hush baby, don't you cry
37. all of you, all of me. intertwined.
38. are you ready for it?
39. minho and the last city.
40. asses getting rescued
41. okay, time to be serious
42. it's just thèrèse
43. the last city
44. wait- he's alive! he's alive?
45. please don't be in love with someone else
46. she's gone too far this time
47. two by two
48. good ol' boys
49. novalunosis
50. the not so happy reunion
51. he's my brother
52. if we survived the great war
53. the things we lost in the fire
54. the fall of the queen
55. for all to rise, one must fall
56. find the truth and get us home
57. mother, i'm coming home
58. you're my hero, and i love you
59. lights will guide you home
60. just trust me, you'll be fine
61. this is the start of how it all ends

4. the plan pt.i

47 2 0
بواسطة vneryx

Nancy told the girls and Aris everything about the interrogation she had with Janson and Thomas. "Has he had any talk before with my dad?" Thèrèse asks, between explanation which Nancy just shakes her head. "I'm not quite sure."

Soon enough, they are planning an escape, they could sense something is wrong with the place they are staying. The farm? The safe haven? Teenagers going behind the door but never came back out? Thanks to Aris' instincts. Aris had showed Nancy, Thèrèse, Vicky and Bea the map of the vents, where to cornered, every place and every inch of area they could find.

But mostly, they take the route towards the one area, where the doctors took the arrivals that got their names called everyday. And they have not returned.

"Ouch Bea, that's my foot." Vicky complains, her head moving over her shoulder to look at Bea who's crawling through the tiny vent behind her. Thèrèse, Aris and Nancy are infront of them, crawling while Aris showed the way.

Bea whispers, "Sorry." She huff before turning her head forward. "Can someone please tell me if they saw dead bodies because I don't." She complains.

"Not dead body, Bea. We're going to found out the route to the lab." Aris said, shaking his head in annoyance. "Well yeah, but do we really have to crawl through the vents?" Bea said.

"Do you have a better idea?" Thèrèse said, looking over her shoulder as she shrugs a shoulder at Bea. "We can't turn invisible now, can we?" Vicky scoffs a chuckle. Bea paused, can they?

Vicky noticed the look on Bea's face and she could tell what she is thinking, "I was just joking." Bea roll her eyes at that and Vicky snickers.

A few more moments after toss and turning corners. Aris finally stop, glancing over his shoulder to watch over the girls to see if they're focus and listen. "Alright, this is where we're gonna start our plan." He said. The girls stay silent, watching Aris and what he's going to do.

As soon as Aris got the vent door open, he nods at the girls and jump off. "Are you sure this is safe?" Thèrèse ask in concern, her eyes roll to look at Bea and Vicky who's beside her.

Nancy only nods, "Let's go and hear what he has to say." The blonde girl give the other three one last look, before jumping off as well.

Vicky watch Nancy go and huff, "I can't believe I'm doing this." She said, as Thèrèse and Bea turn their heads to look at the redhead who now jumps off to the ground.

Now, Aris and the two girls already landed down the empty hallway. The duo who's still in the vent stared silently. Vicky laughs at the look in their faces, "Aren't you guys gonna come down?" She showed a little smirk of cockiness.

"Give us a minute." Bea said, her voice echoing through the vent. Vicky shrugs, turning on the timer on her wristwatch as Aris walk to her, craning his neck up to look at Thèrèse and Bea. "Guys, come on, we have to be fast and keep quiet!" Aris urge in a hush tone while Nancy keeps a lookout.

Thèrèse sighs, "Come, we don't want to keep them waiting." She shut her eyes as if fate and death is going to take her away before she jumps down from the vent. Vicky helps her up while Thèrèse gives her a small thank you.

Bea jumps down the vent carefully, the two girls catch her too safely. Aris nods, seeing all the girls finally come down. "Okay, now come on." Aris and the girls are now rushing through the hallway that's going to lead them to the lab that's holding the subject kids.

They keep on for watchful eyes as they ran, before leaning against the wall sneakily and slid through to arrive at the lab. "We're here." Aris informs, seeing the door ahead of them. Nancy look over her shoulder and gives the girls thumbs up, signalling they're arrived and safe. But that doesn't mean they can take advantage of the loneliness and silence.

Then, Vicky's wristwatch rings. Aris and the other three snap their eyes and look at Vicky, dumbfounded. The redhead girl shrugs, smiling cheekily. "False alarm, I guess."

Bea smiles a little with Vicky before Aris guides them. "Okay, quick, let's go." They moved fast and lean against the door to the lab.

"So what now?" Thèrèse ask, leaning against the door to the lab with the others. "We have to know what's on the other side of the door." Aris spoke, his neck craning up to look at the top ceiling.

"No one knows. It's forbidden, even for us." Thèrèse said and Bea nods. "Well, there must be another way to get in. Don't any of you have cards?" Vicky ask, her eyes going between Thèrèse and Bea who shakes their head.

"Why not use brute force and knock the door open?" Aris suggests. "What could be worse than that, getting in trouble?" He asks, as he looks to the steel door that blocks them off from the lab. "I say we try to break our way in." Bea shrugs, as she starts to walk towards the door.

Nancy shakes her head, as her eyes wander over to him. "Are you crazy? We could set off alarms if we knock the door open." Nancy says, her tone showing her annoyance at Aris' idea.

"In the meantime, let's just put our ear close to the door, maybe we can hear something." Aris said suggestively stupid. Thèrèse watch as Vicky, Bea and Nancy put their ears carefully against the door. "Can we be more stupid?" Thèrèse scoffs before doing the same.

"Can you hear anything?" Bea ask after a long moment of silence.

"Oh yes, did somebody just said, can you hear anything?" Vicky said sarcastically with a blank face, keeping her ear still to the door. Thèrèse blink at that dumbfounded but continued to listen.

Echoed of voices talking to eachother is in the room. "Oh- oh! I heard something." Vicky beams and they all look up to her.

"Really, what is it?" Nancy ask confusingly. While the others move their ears away from the door to listen to what Vicky is going to say, Nancy keep her ear on incase she heard something too.

Vicky listens to what's on the other side, and all she can hear is muffled footsteps and voices. She also hears machines whirring from inside the lab, which doesn't sound like good news.

She takes a step away from the door, as she glances over at Aris, Thèrèse, Bea and Nancy who are still stuck against the door. "I can't get much with these three." Vicky says, her voice quiet so she doesn't get hear by the others.

Vicky puts a finger over her lips, as a sign for the other girls to stay quiet. "Well, there must be adults in there." Thèrèse ask, her eyes on the ground but her ear is focused.

"It makes sense why they have the lab locked off. It probably contains a lot of dangerous items or experiments." Vicky says, as she steps back to look at the girls and Aris. "Hopefully this place doesn't have a ton of security cameras and guards."

"Come on, let's get away from the door. I don't want to get caught." She adds, as she walks away from the steel door.

"Yeah, me too. I don't fancy the chance of getting caught." Thèrèse nods in agreement, before looking at the others. "We should go and discuss the plan in our room."

"I agree with Thèrèse; let's get back to our room before anyone notices we're gone." Nancy says with a nod, as she sets off back to their room.

While they walk through the dark corridors and empty hallways, no one seems to notice that the girls and Aris are gone. All is quiet, and there is no sign of any guards or the like.

As they enter their room, Thèrèse closes the door and locks it behind them. "So, what now?" Thèrèse sighs, looking at the girls and Aris who's gathering down on the floor besides their bed. "All I know is we've got to get out of this place as soon as we can." Nancy said, getting into her bed.

"That's easier said than done." Aris answers, as he sits down on his bed. Bea stretches out her body, as she closes her eyes and puts a hand over her face.

"We're in a secure facility where guards roam the area and no one gets in or out without raising alarm. So we can't just casually sneak out of here, otherwise we would've done so already." Bea adds in a soft voice, as her eyes stay closed.

"True," Aris said with a nod. "We need more help." He said, looking at the girls who either tucked in bed already or leaning against the bed on the ground.

Bea hums softly, as she turns her face to them. She opens her eyes, and she stretches out on her bed again. "Who else can help us? It's not like we know anyone else here." Bea replies to Aris.

Vicky looks around the room, and she notices that only Nancy is still up. A small smile appears on Vicky's face, and she turns to Nancy. "What are you still doing up?" Vicky asks in a playful tone.

Nancy smirks, scoffing. "You still have a lot of energy, I guess." Vicky teases Nancy. "So what were you planning to do since you're still up?" Vicky asks Nancy with a smirk, as she rolls over to face the girl. "Come here," Nancy whispered, bringing Vicky into her bed as the light goes off already.

Vicky lets out a chuckle, as she's suddenly pulled into Nancy's bed. The dark of the room engulfs the girls, as only the moonlight shows Nancy's features. The pale moonlight casts long shadows over the girls, as Vicky's eyes slowly adjust to the darkness.

"I'm in your bed, and the lights are off. What do you want me to do?" Vicky whispers into the darkness. "Well, I just need my best friend. Everything is so confusing lately." Nancy sighs tiredly.

"I would like to tell you that everything will be alright, but I don't know that for a fact." Vicky says in a soft tone of voice, her face now lit by the moonlight.

"All I know is that we're not alone, and I'll stand with you and the others in making sure everything goes alright."

Vicky pauses for a moment, and then she takes Nancy's hand. "And I'm glad you've called me your best friend, Nancy. I would call you the same."

"I love you, Vicky. I'm glad you are still with me. Despite everything we've been through. We're in this together." Nancy's eyes glistening, staring into her best friend's eyes. Of course Nancy loves Vicky, as a friend.

Vicky's heart stops for a moment, as her eyes meet Nancy's once more in the semi-darkness of the room. A soft, and genuine smile appears across her face, as she squeezes Nancy's hand.

"I'm glad too, Nancy. And despite everything, I'd take the risk again if it meant you will always be by my side." Vicky whispers to Nancy, as her eyes continue to look at the girl.

Vicky then pulls Nancy into a gentle and close embrace, feeling her best friend's warmth in her arms.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

37.3K 1.1K 14
𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒, It was scary how far she would go to protect them. the lengths she would take to keep them safe. no matter the cost she kn...
720K 22.1K 22
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ❥ The forest will forever be your home. No matter where your family moves you'll always be pulled back to the Omatikaya clan, your people. Th...
31.6K 421 26
Born as a half bred you were beautiful with your beauty someone fell in love
273K 11.3K 38
your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure. you are loved beyond words, and missed beyond measure. avatar movie series © 2023 ╱ neteyamswor...