the best of me ⎪eren jaeger

By arminplzjust1chance

↬eren j. ⎪ ❝ You are my favorite place ❞ Giving your apartment to Eren, a boy of your friend group, didn't s... More

✿introduction
✿chapter one - new experience
✿chapter two - eren's laugh
✿chapter three - my favorite place
✿chapter four - i think the same about you
✿chapter five - the only photo we have together
✿chapter six - anything that is in our hands
✿chapter seven - pretty
✿chapter eight - a ray of sunshine
✿chapter nine - lies
✿chapter ten - bad memories
✿chapter eleven - the other side of the party
✿chapter twelve - hidden feelings
✿chapter thirteen - the same as before
✿chapter fourteen -indifference
✿chapter fifteen - explanations
✿chapter sixteen - new priorities
❀chapter seventeen - moving
❀chapter eighteen - excuses
❀chapter nineteen - the bookshop
❀chapter twenty - forgotten
❀chapter twenty one - halloween's secrets
❀chapter twenty-two - those little details
❀chapter twenty-three - the best for you
❀chapter twenty-four - confessions
❀chapter twenty-five - between pages
❀chapter twenty-six - Shiganshina Park
❀chapter twenty-seven - I know who you are
✾chapter twenty-eight - first date
✾chapter twenty-nine - sleepover
✾chapter thirty - different perspectives
✾chapter thirty-one - blaming
✾chapter thirty-two - unrecovered memories
✾chapter thirty-three - the first day of the last month
✾chapter thirty-four - looking at the moon
❁chapter thirty-six - stranger
❁chapter thirty-seven - the worst of me
❁chapter thirty-eight - past and present
❁chapter thirty-nine - repeat
❁chapter forty - true colors
❁chapter forty-one - stay there
❁chapter forty-two - always guilty

✾chapter thirty-five - lights off

342 7 22
By arminplzjust1chance

Your lips parted from Eren's and you wiped the tears from his cheek. "Stop crying" you whispered.

"I'm not crying" he lied. You smiled, "You are, though".

Eren hugged you really tight. You smelled the alcohol on him and almost threw up. Maybe it was also because he was hugging you from your stomach, but you didn't stop him from doing it.

He lay down on the roof and closed his eyes, "My head won't stop spinning".

"How much have you drunk?" you asked. "I don't know, just enough to don't know what I'm saying right now" he answered.

Eren raised his head and had to stop from doing anything else because he got very dizzy, "I think I'm going to throw up".

You made a disgusted face, "Go to the bathroom right now. I don't want to see that".

You helped him getting up and not letting him fall from the roof. You both entered the attic through the window and went to the second floor.

You opened the bathroom's door, next to the stairs. "Come on, I was just exaggerating when I said I was going to throw up" Eren complained.

"I'm not going to clean your vomit at home" you said, "Stay here five minutes and I'm sure you're going to feel better after".

"Fine, but where are you going to be?" he asked. You shrugged "I don't know. Probably downstairs".

Eren nodded, "Okay, I'll go in five minutes". He kissed your forehead and closed the door after you left.

As you were going downstairs, you came across a Jean who was staggering as he tried to go up to the second floor.

You held him tight so he wouldn't fall downstairs, "Oh my god Jean, are you okay?".

"Do I look like I'm okay to you?" he asked. "You know where's the bathroom?".

You pointed to the door, "There. Eren's inside". Jean smiled, "Great, I'd finally throw up in his face".

He went to the bathroom and you heard Eren complaining just as Jean opened the door. You also went to the bathroom just to make sure Jean didn't do what he had told you.

Your friend was looking into the toilet and Eren was lying in the empty bathtub while looking at the other boy with a disgusted face.

Jean was expelling everything he had in his stomach. "I better get out of this room" you announced, "Eren, did you...?".

The brunette was falling asleep inside of the bathtub. Not even the sounds Jean was making could make him not close his eyes.

You didn't want to wake him up so he would feel better after he slept a bit. You left the bathroom, and you walked the corridor to go to the stairs.

Historia was going up the stairs and smiled when she saw you, "Where have you been? I've been looking for you for half an hour".

"Oh, I was with Eren on the roof with the house" you answered. You smiled because you remembered your conversation with him and all of what he had said to you.

Historia raised an eyebrow, "And why are you smiling like that? Have you seriously started doing things on a fucking roof?".

You looked at her confused, "What are you on? It's not that". You smiled again, "Historia, you had to be there. It's literally the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me".

Historia took your hand and led you to Sasha's room, next to the stairs, "You have to tell me EVERYTHING".

You sat on Sasha's bed and you told your friend to do the same. "Start now. I want details" she said.

You smiled, "Okay, but let me tell you before I start that he was drunk".

"Even better! That's when people are the most honest" Historia told you. "Y/n, come on, tell me something!".

"Woah, okay. First, do you know what it means when someone says, 'the moon is beautiful' to you?" you asked. Historia's eyes became even bigger than they normally were, "No fucking way he said that".

You nodded, excited, "Yeah, and then he asked me if I knew what I meant".

You explained to the blonde every detail about what happened in that conversation, about the moon and how both of you had told to each other, without really realizing its meaning until you said it out loud.

"And if Eren said it twice, why doesn't he tell you, like, literally?" Historia questioned. "That's what I asked him, and he said he was scared" you answered.

"Oh, and then he said that Armin is pressuring him to ask me to be his girlfriend" you added. Historia laughed, "Ah, I knew that already".

You were shocked. "Wait, really?". She nodded, "Yeah, Armin told me. I also knew that Eren wanted to ask you when you two went to that restaurant, but he ended up not doing it".

Now you were even more surprised, "And why didn't you tell me?".

"Well, I didn't want to interfere in your relationship" she explained. You rolled your eyes, "Seriously? Because I think you've been doing that since September".

Historia smiled mischievously, "Well, that's true, but once you two kissed for the first time, I truly didn't want to do something that could mess up things. So, did he ask you to be his girlfriend?".

You shook your head, "I told him that, if he asked me, I would say yes, but he didn't want to do it now because he was drunk".

"Are you kidding me? That was the perfect moment!" your friend complained, "Ugh, he's so bad at this".

"Aw, but it was cute" you laughed. Then, you remembered everything he said to you afterwards.

You were smiling like an idiot, and Historia noticed it. "What else did he said?".

You came back to reality, "Oh, nothing". The blonde smirked, "You're lying. I'm sure there's something else".

You blushed, "Well, then he began to say things out of nowhere".

"...Like?" she insisted. "Like he loved living with me, or that I'm the only one that cared about him when no one did" you explained.

Historia smiled, "But those aren't random things, y/n. He's saying the truth".

"But you guys also cared and care about him" you said. "But it's different" she explained, "You gave him a home even though he didn't like you and you made sure he felt loved. You helped him like no one else".

You felt so sad for him, "I'm sure you would have done the same...".

She stopped you, "If someone didn't like me, I wouldn't have given them my apartment, and you know that. But you did it for some reason. Sometimes I believe that you two were meant for something like this to happen".

"Something like this?" you repeated. Historia nodded, "Yeah, like something that would solve the problem that Eren had with you. It's like you were destined for this to happen to you no matter how much you did not expect it".

"Why do you make things so complicated?" you let out a laugh, "The only thing that happened is that we began to live together and eventually all of this happened".

"You know what I mean" Historia said, "Or is it that you have never felt like all this that is happening to you with Eren is not by chance?".

"Now that you mention it, I always felt like I needed him to like me. I felt so bad when he looked bad at me or didn't talk to me at all" you explained, "It felt... wrong to me. During all of these years, I didn't care about some people liking me, but him... I was so annoyed by that".

You smiled, "And then, when he moved to my apartment, when we somehow became friends... It felt like everything was right. For me, it wasn't just that he disliked me and changed his opinion of me. It was more like the situation was wrong before, and now everything had returned to its place".

"And that's what I meant when I said I believed that something like this was meant to happen" your friend explained, "It didn't feel right the previous years, and that's why I was so excited when you became friends!".

"But that's too complicated, right?" you lay on the bed. Historia shrugged "Maybe, but who cares? It's nice to think that way. If we didn't romanticize everything, our love lives would be very boring".

"You're right" you agreed, "You know what? Sometimes I think that everything's so perfect that it is not real".

The blonde smiled, "That's what I thought when I began to date Ymir. But it is in fact real, y/n. Every detail. You have to believe it when someone likes you. You have to believe you deserve it".

You closed your eyes and thought about everything that Eren had said to you that night, and also what you said too.

He made you happier, you deserved it. And he also deserved to feel cared and loved like he was feeling now.

You wanted to tell Historia about what you talked with Ana the previous day, when your boss told you that you were in love with Eren and he was in love with you, but you thought now it wasn't the moment.

You now were almost sure that you were in love with him, but you couldn't say the same thing about him. You didn't want to reach conclusions that maybe weren't true and ended being heartbroken, even though you knew Historia would say what you wanted to hear.

I'm going to wait a few days, and then I'll tell Historia everything I feel about Eren.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

You woke up the next day with a strong headache. You were on Sasha's bed, covered with a blanket.

You didn't remember anything after talking with Historia in that same room, so you guessed you eventually fell asleep while talking with her and she covered you with that blanket so you wouldn't be cold.

Sasha was asleep next to you, but no one else was in the room with you two. You looked through the window, which overlooked the garden. Connie was sleeping in the same bench you had talked with Colt during the party. Jean and Reiner were also there, sleeping in beach chairs.

You entered in Sasha's bathroom, inside of her room. You looked like a mess; your makeup had run down your face and your hair was questionable. You washed your face and combed your hair the best you could.

Before you got out of the room, you put on perfume and changed your clothes to some that Sasha had in her closet.

The room of one of Sasha's siblings was in front of hers with its door opened. You looked inside, seeing Annie and Armin peacefully sleeping on the bed.

The rest of the rooms' doors were closed, so you didn't enter in them because you didn't want to make any noise that could wake someone up. You guessed the people that had stayed at the house were only the ones from your close friend group.

You went downstairs. Mikasa was asleep in one of the couches, next to Marco. He was awake looking at his phone.

"Hey" you whispered. He jumped out of fright and looked at you, "God, I hadn't seen you. Why are you awake?".

"I could ask you the same thing" you said. He shrugged "I haven't slept all night. I had this feeling all night that I was about to throw up, and when that feeling went away, it was already dawn, so I stayed with the phone".

"What time is it?" you asked. Marco showed you his phone which showed that it was almost 9 am.

You sighed, "I have no idea when I fell asleep, but I don't think I slept more than 5 hours. You know where everyone is?".

"Sasha's in her room. Armin, Annie, Eren and Bertholdt are also upstairs" your friend explained, "Connie, Jean and Reiner are outside, Ymir and Historia are in the guest room, and Mikasa is here, obviously".

You looked around. The living room was a complete mess. There were cups and bottles on the floor, and food on the tables and on the couches. It smelled kind of bad, and you really didn't want to imagine why.

"We should clean this" you whispered. Marco nodded, "You're right, Sasha will need some help with the cleaning if she doesn't want to be killed by her parents tomorrow".

You went to the kitchen and grabbed some garbage bags, giving one of them to the freckled boy. You began to collect everything that was in the kitchen, and Marco what was in the living room.

You heard someone walking upstairs. You wondered if it was Eren and wanted to go upstairs, but if you left the bag full of trash on the floor, everything that you had picked up would come out.

"I'm going to throw this in the bin outside" you told Marco. "Me too, I'll go with you" he said.

You left through the back door, which lead to another garden where the bins were. While throwing the bags, you heard the front door of the house opening. You turned around, trying to see who it was, but it wasn't possible.

"Can we sit in one of the benches from the front garden?" Marco asked, "I'm already exhausted and I want to sunbathe".

"Sure" you answered. Your friend and you went to the front garden. Connie, Jean and Reiner were still there, completely asleep. You sat on the other bench that was free with Marco and just stayed in silence while you looked at the sky.

You were still thinking about last night with Eren. What he had said had made a huge impact on you, not only because of what it meant for your relationship but also because of what those words said about himself.

"You don't know how many times you saved me".

What was he referring to? Aside from hosting him in your apartment, was there anything else you didn't understand?

You looked at the front, seeing all of your friends' cars parked. That's when you noticed that there was an empty space and that Eren's car wasn't there.

You were confused. Eren couldn't have left the house at night or before dawn, otherwise Marco would have noticed. That meant he was the one who opened the front door when you were throwing the bags in the bin, in the back garden.

"Eren has left the house" you told Marco, pointing to the empty space from the cars' row. "He left without you?" Marco laughed, "How are you going to go home now?".

"I don't know" you let out a laugh too, "It's quite close to the apartment, though, I can go walking".

Jean opened his eyes, clearly annoyed, "Can you speak a little lower, please? I think all the neighborhood has heard that Eren has left".

Connie woke up too, stretching, "I think what they only heard is you complaining, dude. Shut up already".

You weren't really listening to the conversation. Why did Eren leave Sasha's house so early? He had nothing to do that day, and he could have told you.

You went inside of the house to call him. You went upstairs to Sasha's room and grabbed your phone. Everyone there was still sleeping.

You then went to the kitchen so you wouldn't wake up anyone. You clicked on Eren's contact, and after a few seconds, he picked up the call.

"Hey" you said, for some reason relieved that he had answered.

"Good morning" he replied. You heard that he was parking the car. "Why did you go home so early?" you asked.

Eren sighed, "I couldn't sleep there. Bertholdt took up the entire bed in a three-foot-square room. There wasn't even space to sleep on the floor".

"Oh, I know what's it's like to sleep next to Bertholdt" you laughed. "But why did you leave without telling anyone?".

"I thought you guys were asleep" the boy answered, "Last time I went to Sasha's bedroom at 6am you were there with her".

"I woke up like half an hour ago" you explained, "Now some people are awake too. Are you going to sleep now?".

"Yeah, or at least I'll try" Eren said. You nodded, "Okay, then I'll try to not make a sound when I go there".

He laughed, "I don't think that will be possible if you're the one who says it". You rolled your eyes, "I remind you that you wake me up every single night from the noise you make when you go to the bathroom".

"You're lying, but okay" you heard Eren opening the apartment's door. "I'm going to sleep now, I'll see you later".

You smiled, "Okay, see you later". You hanged up the phone and went to Sasha's room. She was still sleeping, but you needed to use the bathroom.

While you were going to the bathroom, you tripped over a stack of books in the middle of the room. You made a lot of noise, and Sasha woke up in a matter of seconds, "What was that?".

You were on the floor, complaining about the pain, "Ouch. Why the fuck there are books on the floor?".

Sasha raised her head, and she instantly put her hand on her forehead, "Shit, my head. I literally feel like I'm spinning".

"That's normal if you drank like an alcoholic yesterday" you got up from the floor. "Your house looked like a mess, but Marco and I picked some trash". She smiled, "I love you. Who else is in the house?".

"Annie and Armin are in your brother's room. Bertholdt is also upstairs. Historia and Ymir are in the guests' room and Mikasa's on the couch. Reiner, Jean and Connie are outside, in the garden" you explained.

"Eren's not here?" Sasha asked. You shook your head, "He left the house because he couldn't sleep here".

"I'm sure he just doesn't want to clean the house" your friend complained while getting up. She almost fell to the floor, "God, my head hurts a lot. Do you have any painkillers?".

You searched through your pants that you had on last night and found just one painkiller, "Here".

Sasha grabbed a cup of water that was on her bedside table and swallowed the pill. She made a disgusted face. "How long has been that water there?" you asked.

"Probably since we began our exams" she answered, "But hey, at least it's not alcohol".

Sasha took a shower while you were looking at the garden through the window. Connie, Reiner, Jean and Marco were playing UNO, probably waiting for everyone to wake up so you could have breakfast together.

The day was perfect. The sunbeams gave you the warmth you needed on a December morning. If you had stayed there five more minutes, you would have probably felt asleep again.

Sasha came out of the bathroom, "Finished, I feel way cleaner now. Let's wake everyone up!".

You went to her brother's room and jumped on the bed, crushing Annie and Armin. They woke up instantly. "What the fuck was that?" Annie said.

"You guys have to wake up, it's time for breakfast!" you announced. Armin yawned, "What time is it?".

"10 am" you answered. He rolled his eyes, "And why do you wake me up so early? I slept five hours".

You moved between Annie and him, "How was yesterday?". Annie laughed, "Good. The best part was when I left that girl with my wet t-shirt".

You gasped, "Oh my god, I forgot about it. What the fuck was that?'.

"Just another desperate bitch" Armin answered, "By the way, where's Eren?".

"He left Sasha's house because he couldn't sleep" you explained. "I mean, if someone likes you tries to wake him up, I would have left too" your friend complained. You hit his arm, "Stop crying and get up; I'm hungry".

You and your friends went downstairs and found everyone in the kitchen. Bertholdt, Historia and Jean were making breakfast while Sasha was looking for more painkillers that Marco had asked for. Connie and Reiner were still playing UNO. Ymir was sleeping in the kitchen counter.

"Good morning" you said. Mikasa waved her hand while drinking some orange juice. Her makeup was all smeared across her face.

"Did you cry?" Annie asked her. Mikasa shook her head, "I just felt asleep in one of the couches and it was super wet because someone poured their drink there".

Sasha turned around, "You have to be fucking kidding me right now. How the fuck am I supposed to clean a whole couch today?".

"You mean a whole couch and the rest of your house" Reiner clarified. Sasha rolled her eyes, "Exactly. Anyway, let's just have breakfast".

You sat between Connie and Jean and ate what your friends had cooked. Even though everyone was super tired, all of you were all super excited and telling you everything that had happened yesterday.

"Wait, where's Eren?" Ymir asked. "He went home because he couldn't sleep next to Bertholdt" you repeated for the third time that morning.

"Be fucking for real" Bertholdt said. "He was the one who woke me up when I was asleep like at 6 am when he entered in the room".

"Yeah, that's what I was going to say; I went to the bathroom upstairs at 5am and I found him sleeping on the floor" Reiner added.

You laughed, "Really? Well, that explains why he couldn't sleep. I doubt that bathroom smelt great if Jean had thrown up like an hour before".

After you finished breakfast, you and your friends helped Sasha by cleaning a bit the house, but she told you it was okay and that you could leave.

You went walking to the apartment. It was Sunday, and there was no one on the street at this time of the morning. Normally, people of your age would be out having breakfast in Cafes, but that day it wasn't the case. It was noticeable that the people of the town had finished their exams this past week and that they had spent the weekend partying.

You passed next to a Chinese street restaurant. Outside, you saw Mikasa's father with her uncle Kenny.

Both brothers recognized you, "Y/n! Good morning". You approached them with a big smile, "Good morning".

"How's everything?" Mr. Ackerman asked. "Great, I just came back from Sasha's house. Mikasa's probably going back home too" you answered.

Kenny laughed, "Does she have a hangover? Because her mother has been all worried since she left the house yesterday".

"Not really" you giggled. "Everyone's okay. The party was super fun".

"I just realized that this is the first time that I talk with you since Eren moved with you" Mikasa's dad pointed out, "Is everything right? Will he continue to live with you?".

You nodded, "Everything's perfect. And yeah, I believe he'll continue living in that apartment. I think it was a good decision for him to live 'alone' and finding his place".

"Thanks to me" Kenny joked, "If I hadn't had to move to Paradis, he would still live with Mikasa and her parents".

This got you thinking. A lot of things had changed in the last few months, and all just because of small details. Perhaps some decisions made in the near past had completely changed your life and you still didn't know it.

You smiled, "Yeah, thank you, Kenny".

It started to rain at that very moment very gently. Mr. Ackerman gave you an umbrella so you could go home without getting wet.

The smell of humidity brought you nostalgia. It reminded you of that time a month ago when Eren and you went to the City Park with Historia and Ymir and it rained after a couple of hours there. Eren drew you while you were looking at the rain.

You arrived at the apartment and saw from outside the building that the lights were off, which meant that Eren was still sleeping. When you opened the door, you didn't turn them on, even though the cloudy weather prevented you from seeing without the lights.

As you had guessed, Eren was inside of his room. Still, you felt as if he was awake because you heard some movement. You opened his room's door but all you saw was darkness. He was definitely sleeping as you saw his eyes closed and felt his calm breathing.

After you took another shower that day and changed into your own clothes, you made some coffee because you were still a bit sleepy. You felt like going to sleep now was a waste of time.

You then went to the balcony. Even though it was still raining, it had a yawning, so you could sit there and contemplate the view while drinking your coffee.

You didn't know why, but now you were kind of sad. This weather depressed you a bit, especially if the day before had been so intense compared to now. It was as if all of your energy had disappeared.

The white and red flowers they were damp from the rains, and a few drops fell on the petals. They looked like tears.

You stayed on the balcony reading. You were finishing the book "Spring Snow" by Mishima, but after reading a few pages you noticed how you were falling asleep little by little.

An hour had passed when you woke up. You noticed how there was a blanket covering you now. Also, Eren was sitting next to you.

"You woke up" he said. You smiled, "I could say the same thing about you. How long have you been there?".

"Half an hour" the boy answered, "I finished drinking your coffee, hope you don't mind about that".

"It's okay" you said. You then grabbed his hand, feeling its coldness. Your fingers intertwined and Eren looked into your eyes deeply.

You couldn't take the look anymore, "What happens?". Eren opened his mouth and took a deep breath, "Nothing, I just like looking at you".

Heat rushed to your cheeks. He smiled at your reaction. His breathing started to get faster and you noticed how he was blushing a bit. That made you giggle, "What's up with you?".

"Nothing" Eren answered quickly. You smirked, "Am I intimidating you?".

The brunette laughed, relaxing the situation, "Kind of". He caressed your cheek, "You are beautiful right now".

A big smile escaped from your lips, "You're the cutest, but don't lie".

"Why do you think that?" Eren asked. You sighed, "I haven't slept at all, I haven't even taken my makeup off properly, my hair is still frizzy and wet, and I'm in my pajamas".

"I'm not lying, I really believe that" the boy assured you. Your cheeks turned red again, "Well, then, thank you".

"Do you know when the Christmas decoration is coming?" he asked. You shook your head, "The app said it'll be here in two weeks. I hope it comes sooner. Why do you ask that?".

Eren shrugged "I just want us to decorate the house. You have given me the Christmas spirit".

You laughed, "I knew you would be excited, but we'll have to wait. We have a lot of time, though; Christmas Eve is exactly in three weeks".

He took a deep breath and made a nostalgic smile, "Yeah, only 21 days".

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Next day it was Monday. You were still tired when you woke up, but you still wanted to go to school. Since you began to study for your exams, you felt as if you didn't actually go to a normal school day, and you kind of missed it.

Before you could get up from your bed, Eren was in your room. He was already dressed to go out and was drinking some tea.

He sat on your bed, "Good morning". You yawned, "Good morning. Why are you dressed up already?".

"I couldn't sleep well tonight" Eren answered, "I have slept a lot yesterday and I wasn't tired".

"Right, because after we had lunch yesterday you slept like four hours" you reminded him. He laughed, "I still don't know why I was so tired. Did you stay up all afternoon?".

"Yeah, that's why I slept like a baby tonight" you finally got up from your bed. You pushed Eren outside of your room, "Get out now, I need to change of clothes".

"Oh, then that's a good reason to stay" he smirked. You laughed, "Get out!"

After you got ready for school, you had some breakfast. Before actually leaving the apartment, you saw Eren's apron, the one he used at job, on the kitchen.

You grabbed it and gave it to him, "Here's your apron. Didn't you work on Mondays?".

"Shit, I almost forgot it" Eren put it in his bag, "Yeah, I work today, but last Monday they let me and Floch not go because of the exams, so I kind of forgot about it".

That day was still raining. Unfortunately, you only had one umbrella, so you had to share it. Eren was the one who grabbed it, so you ended up with one of your sleeves wet because he took the whole umbrella to himself.

You rolled your eyes, "You want me to die because of a cold or what? Cover me too!".

"It's not my fault you broke your umbrella a week ago" Eren said. "You should buy another one".

Something covered you suddenly. You turned around, seeing Mikasa with her umbrella. She smiled, "Now you won't catch a cold".

Your first class was Math. You were sitting next to the window, which was broken and couldn't totally close. Due to this, sometimes a few drops wet your sweater a bit.

You stayed watching the drops fall on your sweater instead of paying attention to the class. For some reason, this reminded you of something, but you couldn't exactly remember why.

Between Math and Chemistry, you went to the bathroom to dry yourself a bit. After five minutes of using the hand dryer, you got out. You saw that Eren was also leaving the boys' bathroom. "Hey" he said, "I have a proposal for you".

"Are you going to ask me to marry you?" you asked. He clicked his tongue, "We'll have to wait for that. I was going to ask you if you want us to eat together today. I found the perfect spot outside".

You smiled, "Of course! What place did you find?".

"You know the soccer field's bleachers? Behind that there is a kind of lawn that nobody ever goes to" Eren explained. You nodded, "Perfect. I'll see you there, then".

Two hours later, you got out of History class. You couldn't find Eren, and you needed him so you could go out of school, because you still didn't have an umbrella.

You texted him, but he didn't answer. Walking through the halls, you found an umbrella that someone had left inside of an opened locker. You looked both ways, making sure that no one was looking at you, and grabbed it.

Following the vague indications that Eren had told you, you went behind the soccer field's bleachers. You saw Eren, protecting himself from the rain down the bleachers. He was looking at the lawn that was in front of him.

You intentionally splashed Eren with the umbrella. He turned around, scared, "What the fuck was that?".

"You could have waited for me, I had to steal an umbrella" you complained. "I had to make sure no one would steal us this spot" he defended himself.

[Play September (slowed + rain) by Sparky Deathcap]

You sat next to the boy. The views were amazing. It was a very wide field, which faced the back of the school. The rain surprisingly made everything better. The smell of the plants impregnated the place and the clouds, although they covered the sun, transmitted a small sensation of peace and tranquility.

Eren picked some daisies from the grass and made a small bouquet. "This is for you".

You took it and smiled, "Thank you. I love daisies". You put them as a brooch on your sweater.

Eren closed his eyes for a second. You saw him more handsome than ever. You thought that his face now was perfect.

The brunette opened his eyes and saw that you were looking at him. He smirked, "Good views?".

Heat rushed to your cheeks, "Not really. I was just...", but you couldn't come up with anything else.

This made Eren laugh. It was a genuine, energetic laugh, the ones that you rarely hear from someone who is not a kid. It was contagious, so both of you ended up laughing.

"Now you're the one who won't stop looking at me" you said. Eren brushed a lock of hair from your face, "You would too if you were me".

"Does it count if I'm looking at the mirror all the time?" you asked. He rolled his eyes sarcastically, "I'm gonna have to stop telling you that, it's gone to your head a lot".

You laughed, "I'm kidding. You know I love when you say that to me".

Eren wrapped his arm around your waist. He took your hand and your fingers intertwined. He stared at your hand for a few minutes without saying anything. "You like my rings?" you questioned, trying to find a reason to why he was doing that. "Yeah, they're cool" he answered while still looking at them.

You touched his nose affectively. He smiled, "What was that?".

"I don't know, I just wanted to do it" you answered, "It was a bit weird, honestly".

"Nah, I liked it" Eren said. He then kissed you softly in the lips just a few seconds. Your face turned red.

"It's been three weeks and you're still blushing" Eren laughed. That made your face even redder, "I know, I can't control it".

The boy looked at the hour, "Shit. Next class begins in five minutes".

Both of you got up. "After school I have Poetry club with Mr. Smith. What are you going to do this afternoon?" you questioned while walking towards school.

Eren tensed up a bit, "Just work, I guess. I have to make up the hours from last week, so I'm scared to think how long I have to stay these days".

"Understandable. If that's the case, I can make dinner for us today" you proposed. He smiled, "Really? You're the best".

After school finished, you went to Poetry club. As usual, you sat next to Hitch and Marlowe. The girl was using some sunglasses to protect her eyes from the blinding light "Still recovering from Saturday?" you asked.

"You can't even imagine" she answered, clearly tired, "After the party finished at Sasha's house, Floch and me went to this random frat party at one of my friend's house. I'm not exaggerating when I say we stayed there till 10am yesterday. What about you?".

You shrugged, "Meh, I'm still tired, but it could be worse I guess".

Mr. Smith had a new project for the next weeks, that had to be done by the first day after Christmas vacation. It consisted of making a poem about something you had learned this year.

The first thing that came to your mind was writing about Eren, but you were kind of embarrassed about it. However, him and your relationship were the things you learned the most from this year. It was going to be difficult to put everything in words.

After the class finished, you went home. Obviously, Eren hadn't come from work yet. You called Sasha and Connie to do some homework together at the apartment, and you spent all afternoon with them.

Later, you made the dinner for you and Eren. You were waiting on your chair when he arrived. You smiled when you heard the door opening, "Good night".

Eren looked exhausted, as if he hadn't slept in the past week. That worried you, "Hey, are you okay?".

He tried to put the best smile on his face, "Yeah, just a bit tired from work". He inhaled the smell that had impregnated the house, "What's that?".

"Our dinner" you answered, "Come on, sit down. I'll put some food in your plate".

Eren told you he loved the dinner, but he was still with that tired face. However, you had a lot of energy inside of your body and wanted to do anything.

"Let's hear some music" you proposed. "Now??" the boy repeated.

You nodded, "Yeah! Don't you want to?". Eren shrugged "What I don't know is why would you want to do that".

"Because it's fun! Plus, I know that you're sad because of work, and I want to cheer you up" you explained. You got up from your seat and grabbed your phone. You opened the music App and put one of your favorite songs.

[play Mind Over Matter by Young the Giant]

"Oh, this song" Eren smiled. "You know it?" you asked.

"Yeah, you play it every single day on your room" he answered, "But how is this going to cheer me up? It's a sad song".

"Because it's beautiful!" you said. He laughed, "This is ridiculous".

You rolled your eyes, "Come on, stand up and face me". He did what you told him. You put your arms around his neck, and he did the same with your waist.

Eren's smile dazzled you. "See? Your mood changed" you smiled too. You hummed the song while you went on like this.

"And when the seasons change, would you stand by me?" you sang while Eren made you spin. You continued singing the song with your questionable singing skills, but you loved the song so much that you couldn't help it.

Eren smiled and laughed with whatever you did; he was just happy to be there with you. You didn't want this to end.

When the song ended, he had a big nostalgic smile on his face. "I like this smile" you said, still with your arms around his neck.

Eren's lips pressed against yours before you could say anything else. You returned the kiss, feeling your face getting hot.

The way he was kissing you felt like he hadn't kissed you for years, as if you weren't going to see him in a very long time. Even though it was intense, there was a lot of meaning behind that kiss.

Eren pulled away and hugged you. You smiled and buried your face on his chest.

"I have a small gift for you" the boy announced. You gasped, "Really? What is it?".

Eren took out a paper envelope from his pocket and gave it to you. You opened it and saw a red and white thread bracelet. "Woah, it's beautiful" you said.

"Really?" he asked you, "It's not that much, but...".

You put it on your wrist, "Are you kidding me? I love it!". Eren helped you adjust it, "Look, the white thread is you and the red is me, like the roses".

You hadn't noticed that detail, but it made you love the bracelet even more, "Thank you so much, Eren. I love it". You then gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Next time I'll give you something bigger" he promised you. You shook your head, "This is better than anything else, really. I'll never take it off".

That night, Eren slept in your bed. The next morning, you felt his arms wrapped around your waist before the alarm went off. You and him got ready for the day and went to school as always.

In Art class, you were talking with Historia when she realized your bracelet. "What's that?" she asked.

"Oh, Eren gave it to me yesterday" you answered. She smiled, "Aw, it's beautiful! Lately he's acting really cute, right?".

"What do you mean by that?" you questioned.

"Like yesterday when you guys went to have lunch all alone or that bracelet, and don't forget about that talk you had at Sasha's house" Historia said. You smiled, "Yeah, but he's been always like that".

"Well, then it will be that you're happier" your friend insisted. That made you smile even more. She laughed, "Aw, I love that smile".

"It's just that I'm... happier, yeah" you agreed with her, "Every day I'm happier. Not just because of Eren, but because of you guys, myself... Everything".

Since you had left the Marley conversation as far behind as possible, you felt like you had lifted the only weight you had on you. Now you were in the calm after the storm, something that had left you without breath for a long time.

You hoped you could stay like that for a long time.

After you finished classes and did some shopping, you went to the apartment. No one was there because Eren had to work, so you eventually fell asleep on the couch.

When you woke up, Eren still wasn't there. That was weird for you, half an hour had passed since he supposedly had finished his work day, and the place wasn't that far away from the apartment.

You went to the balcony to lean out until he appeared. You looked at the roses; some of them had died because of the rain from two days ago.

Finally, you saw Eren appear out of the darkness. He was looking at the ground, and he was walking really fast.

"Eren!" you said out loud so he could see you. The boy looked up. His face was serious, but when he saw you, it lit up like he had seen the most beautiful thing ever.

A minute later, he opened the apartment's door. You reached for his hands, and you noticed that they were shaking. "What's the matter?" you asked.

"What...?" Eren looked at his hands, "Oh, it's nothing. I'm just cold".

You knew him well and knew he was lying, but you also knew that he wouldn't tell you anything until he felt comfortable, so you acted like you believed it.

"Well, today I'm the one that has a gift for you" you said. Eren smiled, excited, "Oh, really? What is it?".

You gave him a little bag paper. The boy opened it, seeing another thread bracelet. It was red and white like yours, but it had a different pattern. "You like it?" you asked, helping him adjust the bracelet to his wrist.

"I love it" he answered, "Now we will always wear something that the other gave to us".

Eren spent all night looking at the bracelet like it was the most precious thing that someone had given to him. By the end of the night, you caught him sitting on his bed and looking dead serious at it.

You wondered what he was thinking about while looking at your gift. There were times when it was impossible for you to know what was going through his head, and now it was one of them.

Eren noticed that you were leaning on his room's door, and he waved his hand for you to sit next to him.

"Hey" you said. He kissed your forehead, "Hey. What were you doing on the door?".

"Just looking at you. You haven't stop looking the bracelet all night" you pointed out. The boy nodded, "I just like looking at it. It reminds me of you".

You smiled, "You looked tired. Was it hard today at work?".

"You can't even imagine, I'm exhausted" Eren said. You hugged him and gave him a quick kiss, "I'm sure that tomorrow will be better".

"Yeah, me too" he smiled and then he put your head on his chest while he hugged you.

He caressed your hair so delicately that you were falling asleep on his chest. While you were closing your eyes, his fell on the frame that was on the shelf upside down, and whose photo could not be seen.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Next day, you woke up in Eren's arms. That day, you were in his room. The last two days you two had been sleeping in the same room, and you had slept better than ever.

Eren woke up a few minutes later. His eyes were still closed, but he kissed your forehead like he always did lately. You smiled and caressed his cheek.

You tried to stand up, but he wouldn't let you go. "Come on, Eren, we have to go to school" you said.

"Just five more minutes" he insisted with his morning voice. You sighed, "Okay, just five minutes".

At the end, it was fifteen minutes, so you ended up running to school. Eren was walking really slow, though. You pulled his hand, "Come on, we're going to be late! Why are you so slow?".

He yawned, "I'm just tired. I really don't want to go to school today".

"Well, I don't care! I don't want to be late!" you complained.

Before you could enter the building, Eren made you turn around. "When are you coming from the library today?" he asked you.

"I don't know, probably at 8pm" you answered, "Why?".

"Oh, I just wanted to spend more time with you, because these past two days I've been pretty busy" he explained. You laughed, "We live together, Eren. I think we'll find some time to be together".

He smiled, "Yeah, but you know what I mean. I'll wait for you then".

The day went by pretty fast. In the blink of an eye, it was already afternoon and you were working with Historia in the bookshop.

Mikasa entered the place unexpectedly, "Hey!".

"Mikasa? What are you doing here?" you asked. "I wanted to study but I was bored in the library, so I came here" she answered.

You and Historia sat next to Mikasa to talk a bit with her. You realized that it had been quite some time since you didn't talk with her this much.

"You know, there was a time where I used to be at your house all weekends" you remembered, "We should do that again".

She smiled nostalgically, "I remember those times. I think you spent a lot of time there because you lived alone. Now that you have Eren, you're way more distracted".

You sighed, "I miss it so much... We can have a sleepover next weekend!".

"That's a good idea" Mikasa said, "Like the old times. Well, it has been only three months, but it feels a lot more".

"Woah, only three months?" you repeated, "You know, some days something reminds me of how only a few months have passed and I can't believe how much our lives changed".

Historia smiled, "I agree. I don't know about you, but I feel like we got closer recently".

"I think exactly the same" Mikasa agreed, "It's like last year we needed to hang a lot of times, but this year we don't hang that much and we're even more friends than before".

"Well, now we have Christmas holidays to be together all the time" you said. "Think about that mountain house we're going to rent for a few days".

"Ah, I can't wait for that!" Historia smiled. Mikasa hugged both of you, "You'll only have to wait three weeks".

Your black-haired friend looked at you, "And what about you? Are you going to spend Christmas with Eren?".

"Yeah, that's what we planned" you answered. Mikasa smiled, "I'm sure it will be great. And I'm also sure that it will be the first Christmas Eren actually enjoys after his parents' death. Thank you for that, y/n".

"Oh, I haven't thought about it" you confessed, "Now that you reminded me, I'll make sure he'll have a good time".

"I'm sure you will" Mikasa said, "You can also come to my house to spend some time with my family".

You smiled, "That would be awesome!".

When you finished work, you said goodbye to your friends and walked home. It was really cold, so you went almost running, excited that you could see Eren after a long day.

When you got to the building, you found Floch at the door. He opened it for you from inside, "Good night, y/n".

"Hey, Floch" you smiled, "Where are you going?".

"I'm going to buy some food for me and my girlfriend" he explained, "And you? Why are you coming so late?".

"I just came from work" you said while yawning. Floch laughed, "Yeah, I can tell. By the way, tell Eren that one day he will have to show up at the café".

You tilted your head a little, not understanding what he meant, "What?". Your friend smiled, "I was just joking, it's not that serious".

"But what did you mean with that?" you asked. Floch frowned, "Oh, I thought you knew? Eren hasn't come to work this week. Well, not last week either, but it's because he was studying, just like me. But I don't know why he hasn't come these last two days".

What Floch was saying didn't make sense. Eren told you he had went to work both Monday and Tuesday. There was no doubt about that. But why would Floch lie about that?

This doesn't make sense. But also, why would Eren lie to me?

"I... I have to go" you weren't looking at Floch now, but at the stairs. "I'll talk with Eren, because he told me he went to work these past two days".

"Well, he definitely hasn't gone" the redhead said, "But yeah, talk to him. See you".

You were already going upstairs when you said bye to him. You opened the door as fast as you could.

Eren was sitting on the couch, looking at the TV. However, it was turned off.

"Good night, Eren" you said, taking off your coat. "Hey, I... I just talked Floch. He told me that you...".

You stopped talking the second you looked at him. He was also looking at you, but not in the same way he normally would.

That was what you needed. The bad feelings that had formed since Floch had talked with you had been confirmed by his look.

The way Eren was looking at you scared you, because it reminded you of how he looked at you a few months ago, when you didn't live with him. When he hated you. "What's wrong, Eren?" you asked.

He looked down, "We have to talk".

Your heart stopped beating for a few seconds. You knew something bad would happen right now. You sighed and tried to calm yourself, "Sure. What is it?".

You saw how his lips trembled before he opened them to tell you something, some words that would break your heart. "I'm going to move" Eren announced.

You felt like someone just hit you. The pain that those words had just produced in you was something that you would not forget for a long time.

"What...?" your voice cracked, "What are you saying?".

"I'm moving" he repeated, "I found an apartment and...".

You stopped him from talking more, "Wait, what the fuck just happened? Why are you moving? Why are you saying all of this?".

"Because I just found out" Eren explained. You were surprised of how he could say all of that with a straight face.

Why's he acting like that? What happened?

"Eren, you're lying" you felt your breath going faster, "You have to be lying. This doesn't make sense".

"Why not? I told you a lot of times that I didn't like the idea that you let me live here by free" he said.

"But I told you I didn't care about the money!" you finally exploded, "We talked about this a lot of times! Why are you doing this?!".

"Because I haven't changed my opinion since I told you that back in September" Eren explained, "Both of us knew this was going to happen sooner or later".

You tried not to listen, but his voice echoed in your head and kept you from thinking straight.

"You... I don't know what to say" you looked at him. The moment your eyes met, he looked away. "Eren... I don't understand anything. There's no reason for you to do this".

The boy shrugged "And there's no reason for me to stay here. It's been almost three months; I just need to be alone".

Tears came to your eyes, but it still felt so unreal to you that you still thought all of this was a joke, "But... what about us?" you asked, "You're good here. I don't understand why...".

Eren rolled his eyes, "Y/n, are you dumb or something? I just don't want to live with you anymore! Why is it so hard for you to understand it?".

You felt like you were getting smaller and smaller. This couldn't be true. What Eren was saying was not true. There had to be something that you didn't know.

"So, you're saying you don't want to live with me? You're trying to make me believe that you don't like me anymore after all of what happened?" you questioned, catching your break, "After being together for almost a month?".

Eren chuckled, "Together? Y/n, you and I have never been together".

The first thing that crossed your mind was to push him, and that's what you did. You didn't want him around. Not after what he had just said.

"What is your fucking problem?!" you felt your tears coming out from your eyes, "Why are you saying all of this?!".

"Because it's the fucking truth!" he yelled, "We have never been together. God, I just did it because I was bored here living with you!".

Your heart hurt more than ever before. You almost couldn't see his face with all of the tears forming in your eyes. "Because you were bored?".

Eren rolled his eyes, "Yeah, y/n. That's what happens when you live with someone and you're with them all the time; you get bored".

"So, you used me?" you asked. He nodded, "Kind of".

The way he was acting, everything reminded you so much of how your relationship was before he moved here. Everything was the same: his voice tone, the way he was looking at you. There was nothing in those eyes. You truly couldn't believe it.

After everything that has happened here? With all of those moments we've shared? He fucking used me?

"How could you do that? I liked you" you confessed, "I still do".

Four days ago I finally realized it was more than liking you.

"Sorry about that" he said flatly. You wiped away your tears "Eren, please, tell me this isn't real. You have to be lying. How many conversations we had? What about the first time we kissed? And what you told me just before that? Fuck, what about FOUR days ago at Sasha's house in the roof?".

Eren didn't say anything. You looked at the ground, "What about all the times you helped me. When I talked to you about Marley and...".

"See? That's what I fucking hate about you" he said, "You're always complaining about the past. You can't let it go. I can't live with someone that is crying all the time about something that happened years ago. You act like a fucking kid".

Fury was occupying your whole body. You approached him and forced him to look at you, "You'll never understand how bad I had. Never. I know that there is something behind all this and that you are trying to hurt me, but don't even think of going there".

"There's nothing behind all of this. I'm just saying the truth" his dull look penetrated in your eyes.

Tears were coming out of your eyes non-stop. The person you thought would least remind you of your past, was doing it. The anxiety was eating you, "You... you don't understand how bad it was. How bad this is".

"Yeah, I understood it the first time you told me about it" Eren said, "I'm sick of having to comfort you every time you bring it up".

"And why didn't you tell me, Eren?" you asked yelling, "Why didn't you tell me you had planned for months on moving? Why didn't you tell me everything about us was a lie? Or even better, why didn't you fucking tell me you hated me all of this time just like you did before you moved here?".

You took a deep breath, "Can you really look at me and say that what you think about has never changed?".

Eren looked at you, his eyes totally scared you. You gasped. He hates me. He never stopped doing it.

"What I think about you has never changed. My thoughts about you are the same since I can remember" he said.

Absolutely everything you had been through these months ran through your head. The first time Eren entered the apartment, that night he took you to the river to apologize or when you moved.

When you kissed for the first time, all of your dates, every time you talked about your feelings or about your past.

But why did all of this change in a matter of hours? Why did he make me feel like the most special girl in the world, when in reality it was all a lie?

Somehow, you still didn't believe him. You didn't want to do it, because it was so painful that you knew you wouldn't be able to handle it if it was true.

You looked at the bracelet he had given you just two days ago. You then looked at his wrist; he was still wearing the one you gave him.

You sighed, "You better go, Eren. Take a walk and we'll talk later".

He looked at you one last time with that dull look, the same you thought you would never see again. When he closed the door, you started crying uncontrollably.

All the rooms in the apartment were lit, except Eren's, who had the lights off. That gave you a bad feeling.

That night, Eren didn't come back from that walk.

.•° ✿ °•.

A/N: Hey everyone!! Here's the new chapter. Sorry for not updating since almost two months ago, my life went a little crazy 💀. I hope y'all like this chapter and that the last part broke your heart like it did with mine when I wrote it.

I promise the next update will be sooner than this one! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 186 10
▎𝗕𝗢𝗥𝗡 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗜𝗘. 𝖺𝗇 𝖺𝗈𝗍/𝗌𝗇𝗄 𝖿𝖺𝗇fi𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇. 進撃の巨人 ❝ 𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌, 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅�...
11.5K 328 8
𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐗 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐫 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞�...
66.8K 1.5K 54
「 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 」 -- in which y/n falls for a boy who's life is a wreck. ••• ❝ 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖. ❞ ••• ╰┈➤ contains: swearing, drug/alcohol u...
64K 4.5K 30
Between life and death, there is hope. But every ending has the same outcome: the Rumbling razes the earth, taking the person you love with it. Afte...