Secrets of Sallow

Da matchawuv

As the new year begins, you struggle to understand where your relationship with Sebastian stands. A new stud... Altro

Introduction [Updated]
Book 1
Chapter 2 [Book 1]
Chapter 3 [Book 1]
Chapter 4 [Book 1]
Chapter 5 [Book 1]
Chapter 6 [Book 1]
Chapter 7 [Book 1]
Author's Note
Chapter 8 [Book 1]
Chapter 9 [Book 1]
Author's Note
Chapter 10 [Book 1]
Author's Note
Chapter 11 [Book 1]
Chapter 12 [Book 1]
Chapter 13 [Book 1]
Chapter 14 [Book 1]
Chapter 15 [Book 1]
Chapter 16 [Book 1]
Chapter 17 [Book 1]
Chapter 18 [Book 1]
Chapter 20 [Book 1]
Chapter 22 [Book 1]
Chapter 23 [Book 1]
Chapter 24 [Book 1]
Chapter 25 [Book 1]
Chapter 26 [Book 1]
Chapter 27 [Book 1]
Chapter 28 [Book 1]
Chapter 29 [Book 1]
Chapter 30 [Book 1]
Book 2: Year 6
Chapter 2 [Book 2]
Chapter 3 [Book 2]
Chapter 4 [Book 2]
Chapter 5 [Book 2]
Chapter 6 [Book 2]
Chapter 7 [Book 2]
Chapter 8 [Book 2]
Chapter 9 [Book 2]
Chapter 10 [Book 2]
Chapter 11 [Book 2]
Chapter 12 [Book 2]
Chapter 13 [Book 2]
Chapter 14 [Book 2]
Chapter 15 [Book 2]
Chapter 16 [Book 2]
Chapter 17 [Book 2]
Chapter 18 [Book 2]
Chapter 19 [Book 2]
Chapter 20 [Book 2]
Chapter 21 [Book 2]
Chapter 22 [Book 2]
Chapter 23 [Book 2]
Chapter 24 [Book 2]
Chapter 25 [Book 2]
Chapter 26 [Book 2]
Chapter 27 [Book 2]
Chapter 28 [Book 2] + Author's Note

Chapter 21 [Book 1]

1.8K 59 2
Da matchawuv

Sebastian POV

Sebastian

Once I had signed my name, I gave my letter to my beautiful snowy owl with a treat and watched her fly away to Y/N.

Once I felt like she had received the letter, I headed out to our meeting point.

Just outside the Slytherin Common Room, I leaned against the wall, one foot against it as I fidgeted with my robe's sleeves, awaiting the arrival of a certain fifth-year.

Looking up, I finally saw them and let out a sigh, 'looking just as beautiful as ever.'

Standing up straight, I let out a cough, "you're here. Brilliant."

"I received your owl. What happened with Ominis?"

"I told him none of us will be able to avoid Dark Magic forever. So the more we know about Salazar Slytherin and the Darks Arts, the better prepared we'll be."

"But?"

"Unfortunately, only a Gaunt knows the location of the scriptorium's entrance and Ominis won't tell me."

I watched as you thought for a second, "perhaps I should have a chat with Ominis."

This immediately shocked me. Honestly, if I, his best friend, couldn't be able to convince them, how was I so sure that you, a new student could?

"You? I suppose it's worth a try, but don't get your hopes up. Ominis is annoyingly stubborn. Nothing new."

Fixing my posture, I began to speak with confidence in hopes of giving them some encouragement because they're going to need all the luck they can get, "I know where he is. I'll lead you to him and then leave you to it. Come on."

I immediately headed out of the dungeons, occasionally looking behind to make sure you were still following me as the quiet night air was filled with our banter.

"Keep an eye out. Never know who's watching - although that hasn't stopped us before", I recounted with a deep laugh.

You raised your brow at me, "strictly speaking, it has. We were caught."

I let a frustrated growl, "damned poltergeist - such a nuisance."

Seriously though, he was such a nuisance. I could've had a fantastic adventure with you looking for that book you wanted and a cure for Anne, plus, having you alone, would've been a perfect time to get to know you.

"Fucking Peeves", I muttered.

"What was that?" You asked.

"Oh, nothing."

As we rounded a corner, I was right when I saw Ominis standing at the end of the corridor.

I turned to you, "there he is. Good luck."

You nodded at me with a smile and went off to hopefully, persuade Ominis.

I started to pace back and forth, occasionally peeking at your progress with him and no matter how quiet the hallway was with just us three, your conversation with Ominis was so hushed, I couldn't tell if you were being successful or not.

Finally, I saw you turn around and call out to me.

"Sebastian, over here!"

Bloody hell, if you managed to convince Ominis, then you are one hell of a witch.

I stood staring at you whilst Ominis explained how to enter the scriptorium, blah, blah, blah.

As you went on to figure out how to open the entrance to the scriptorium, I turned to Ominis with a glare.

"Now, you'll share? You wouldn't tell me when I practically begged."

"It wasn't you who told me what I needed to hear", causing me to roll my eyes.

Ominis then mentioned to you, "opening the entrance has something to do with threes."

I remarked, "well - three heads are better than one."

Finally, you were able to figure out the puzzle as the wall revealed an entrance to us.

Gripping my wand, I heard Ominis speak, "I hope we're ready for this."

Walking in, I couldn't help but comment, "dark, ominous corridors, my favourite."

"Really?" Ominis spoke sarcastically.

"What it was good", I replied with my hands held up.

With much discovery of what was below, specifically to do with Ominis' relative and you repairing the relief. Ominis then brought up a specific voice he was hearing and how, surprise surprise, he was a parselmouth.

I heard you speak with intrigue, "I wish all Slytherins could talk to snakes."

Ominis shook his head, "you might not want the ability to speak Parseltongue. it's often associated with Dark wizards."

After figuring out that Parseltongue may be the key to opening the door, Ominis hesitantly spoke to it and fondly enough, the door opened.

"Wow Ominis, you possess a rare ability indeed", you spoke with high praise.

I turned towards the two of you, slightly glaring at Ominis but not enough for you to notice, "between the two of you. I'm starting to feel left out."

Ominis spoke confused, "between the two of us?"

As much as I wanted to rebuke Ominis for getting such praise from you, I knew it would clearly show how jealous I lowkey was and obviously, you nor Ominis needed to know, so I simply just dismissed it, "I - never mind."

I slowly peeked at you to see your reaction, the clear confusion on your face told me enough.

After facing many trials and tribulations, we faced one of the biggest issues.

"Ominis. A skeleton. And Noctua's last journal entry. She mentions being trapped here - blocked by an Unforgivable Curse."

-

"This - is where she died. This is where we'll die. I shouldn't have listened to either of you", you began to worry too. Maybe you shouldn't have done this.

-

"That's why Noctua died. She had no one to cast the curse on. Ominis has the most experience with this. He should cast it."

-

"You're his best friend, I think you should try to talk to him."

After failing to convince Ominis, I returned, agitated as ever, "he's not going to do it, just flat-out refuses."

"What do we do now?"

"Ugh, it's ridiculous, as if dying here is a better option than casting a damned spell."

That's when I had a sudden moment of realisation, "I can teach you Crucio or I can cast it on you."

You stared at me, clearly suspicious and honestly, I could see you were a little concerned, "You didn't say you knew how to cast Crucio."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not sure I do, but what choice do we have."

It was either death or a moment of pain.

"Alright then, cast it on me", you nodded towards me.

I was surprised, I didn't expect you to outright volunteer to take the Cruciatas Curse and obviously, that wasn't going to happen.

"No, I'm teaching it to you. I'm sorry but there's no chance I'm casting it on you."

I could see you were confused.

But I could clearly see didn't want to press any further, thank merlin for that, "fine."

Once I had taught you the wand movement and incantation, you readied your wand as I readied myself. Not going to lie, I was nervous.

"Ready?" You asked.

I could only nod.

"Crucio!"

It happened all at once and I didn't like it one bit as the hallway filled its empty space with my pained screams. The sensation of needles pricked me in every worse way possible. I knew this spell was painful, but bloody hell did it hurt like shit.

The door filled itself with red as it opened, satisfied with the pain I produced.

Once everything was over, it was just pure silence as you rushed by my side, manically checking every part of me to make sure I was okay.

I put a hand on your cheek to calm you down, "I'm alright", I smiled.

Ominis came over, "are you alright?"

You and I stood up together as I brushed myself off, "as alright as a Puffskein."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

59K 1.1K 84
It's been a year since I finally defeated Ranrok. I thought I would have everything I ever wanted after the fight was over. But the problem was inste...
321 5 7
First the denial of their feelings, then the denial of the possible consequences of their actions. With an abusive uncle and a cursed twin sister as...
17.2K 735 51
Y/n Evans spent the entire fifth year saving the wizarding world. She quickly became the hero of Hogwarts and was admired by nearly everyone. Everyon...
262 13 6
After being released from Azkaban for the murder of his uncle four years ago, Sebastian Sallow finally sees his chance to start anew, free himself of...