Pureblooded

By pxneappleaf

Everyone knows of the story of Harry Potter, the boy who lived. What do you know about the students that were... More

Prologue
The Invitation
Platform 9 3/4
The Sorting Hat
The Way of the Snakes
Fame Isn't Everything
Born To Fly
Quidditch 101
To Be A Slytherin
A Stupid Plan
Unicorn Blood
The Sorcerer's Stone
The House Cup
Within the Muggles
Family
Missing Page
Welcome Home
Whispering Halls

The Ghost In The Corridor

28 2 1
By pxneappleaf

——
The arrival to Hogwarts was pretty similar to last years, this time on the opposite side of sorting ceremony they got to watch the first years go through the thrill and anxiety of being sorted into their houses, supper being served shortly after. The room filled with chatter of excitement, talks of future adventure, new spells, and what was to come. It made everything feel warm and comforting. After dinner wrapped up the Slytherin Prefect that was selected for the year stood up and ordered the first years to follow her, the rest were ordered back to the common room to set up their dorms, being with the same group as last year, Sierra and Kacey met up with the now third years they had bunked with, and set up their room on the fifth floor down and got some rest.

Sierra was woken up by the sound of their room door opening, the bloody thing needed some oil. Assuming it was just one of the girls leaving to use the bathroom she didn't bother looking up, that was until she never heard the door close just something dragging on the floor. Looking up she froze seeing a dark figure at the foot of her bed, only illuminated by a dim light coming from the hallway, the figure was holding a wand, the tip glowed red as if a spell was being cast yet nothing was happening. "Who are you?" She called out loud enough to wake up everyone yet no one seemed to move. The figure did not answer her, just turned around and began walking towards the door, yet had no footsteps, only its robe dragged. Sierra took the chance that it had its back turned to her and took her wand using lumos but it had already walked out of the room. Sierra followed behind with caution, she could see it at the end of the hall heading up the stairs and into the common room. The stairs looked different? You'd think she would have noticed the change in the railing coming in earlier that day but it had appeared not.
Walking into the common room a wave of uneasiness hit her as she froze looking around, the lay out was the same but the tapestries and some of the furniture was off, was this some sort of dream? It felt to real, perhaps some sort of illusion but why would someone want to drag her out of her room in the middle of the night? She spotted the figure standing facing over the large window that looked into the lake, with the room fully lit she was able to make out more features. It appeared to be a male student, he had golden brown hair that was combed back. Keeping her wand at the ready she walked up behind him, "Don't make me repeat myself who are you." Sierra demanded, the figure turned around revealing himself.
He was blind, which caught Sierra off guard making her lower her wand. He was much older than her, looked to be of the 6th or 7th year, but she would have heard of him by now, blindness wasn't common since it could easily be fixed with a spell. They were making eye contact, even though he wasn't able to physically see her, he could feel her presence, his expression was... sorrowful. He lifted his freehand and gently caressed her cheek, as much as she tried to break eye contact and run, it was like she was stuck in a trance. When he touched her, his expression changed, it was as if a spark was ignited in his eyes and a soft smile crept on the corner of his lips, he looked hopeful. The change filled her with a sense of calmness and a feeling of connection she could not explain. Before she could ask any questions Sierra felt a violent tug on her shoulder causing her to scream, turning around casting protege immediately.

"Sierra its me! Put your wand down!" Kacey cried out taking a few steps back fearing a blast.

"Kacey? What are you-" Sierra looked behind her to where the boy was but he was gone, looking around the common room was back to its original state, she lowered her shield and wand.

" What are you doing out here, and why are you barefoot?" Kacey asked approaching her friend, Sierra was pale and looked absolutely terrified. "Have you been crying?" Kacey asked furrowing her brows.

Sierra was thrown off by her question, wiping her face she looked at her wet hand, she hadn't noticed the tears that had been rolling off her cheeks."I was talking to the boy who was in our room, I followed him out here, you didn't see him?"

"What are you talking about? When I woke up you were sitting up on your bed speaking gibberish, it basically sounded like another language then you left the room." Kacey said looking down at her friend whom she had never seen in such a state. "Perhaps you were sleep walking?" She suggested, it made sense, you weren't supposed to wake up people who were sleep walking since it would just make them more confused. "Hey, lets go back to the room ok? You need rest." Kacey grabbed Sierra's hand pulling her up and guiding her back down to their room to get some rest.
————

When morning came the two did not speak of the incident the night before, they went to breakfast as normal then met up with Dante to go to class. Their first class of the day was herbology, Kacey seemed to really enjoy the class, in Sierra and Dante's case they weren't super thrilled by the idea of tending to the plants. They had to make their way over to the greenhouses and put on some gardening coats to protect their robes and keep them warm, the greenhouse was like an icebox in the morning. The three made their way over to the potting tables and awaited for class to start.

"Good morning everyone!" Professor Sprout shouted as she hit a cowbell, "Welcome to greenhouse three, second years. Now gather around everyone" She waved over as the students approached the tables. "Today we are going to re-pot Mandrakes" Turning around to grab the pot behind her, "Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" She asked giving everyone a moment to put their hands on.

The class stayed rather quiet, only two people raised their hands, Hermione and Kacey.

"Yes, Miss Granger?" Sprout motioned for the class to settle down and listen.

Hermione fixed her posture "Mandrake or Mandragora..."

"Here we go" Sierra whispered to Dante who was standing next to her, causing him to snicker which earned them a scolding glare from Sprout.

Hermione glanced at them before continuing " Is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state, its also quite dangerous , the mandrakes cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Sprout shouted.

Dante looked at Sierra and Kacey with a teasing smile, even though they had acquired quite the friendship it was still fun to throw some house rivalry in there, with Gryffindor having taken the house cup from Slytherin last year the wounds were still sore.

"Now, as our mandrakes are only seedlings their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given all of you a a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection, so could you please out them on right away?" Sprout surveyed everyone as they put them on. "Quickly!" She yelled shaking her head "Flaps down, now watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly, you pull it sharply out of the pot-" She pulled the mandrake out which let out an ear piercing scream. Sprout looked at it with admiration "And now you put it down on the new pot and pour some dirt over it to keep it warm."

The students stared anxiously waiting for the creature to stop screaming, one of them, Neville began to sway back and forth turning pale. Before anyone was able to do anything he fell face first onto the stone floor of the green house. Most erupted in laughter at the sight.

" Seems like Longbottom has neglected his earmuffs" Sprout sighed

"No ma'am he's just fainted" Seamus called out with concern.

"Yes, well just leave him there" Sprout said waving him off  "Right, on we go, plenty of pots to go around, pull out your mandrakes!"

Sierra pulled the mandrake out of the pot and it began screaming immediately, the sound of all of the mandrakes at once started making her feel nauseous. She looked at the thing as it dangled from her hand, it was absolutely hideous. She looked around the room her eyes stopping on Malloy who seemed to be fighting with it. The idiot had gotten his finger stuck in its mouth. She couldn't help but to laugh which caught Malfoy's attention as he liberated his finger. He gave her a cold stare before putting his mandrake down on the pot and burying it. She did the same avoiding eye contact with Malloy.

"Very good!" Sprout chirped "Now we will let them settle down, follow me" She said as she walked out of the green house into the corridors, once all of the students were out she closed the door. "Now you may all take off your earmuffs, for the remainder of the class I want you all to look around at the different plants we grow here, you will be learning how to maintain all of them through out the year, after this you are dismissed to go on lunch"

After Sprout had dismissed them Kacey turned to Sierra and Dante "Come on, this way!" She exclaimed.

Dante and Sierra shrugged and followed Kacey down some stairs, leading into another green house. As they approached growling and snarling could be heard ahead.

"Kacey, what exactly are you dragging us to" Sierra asked with a hint of anxiety in her voice. She wasn't very familiar with the species of plants that the wizarding world had to offer, last year they went over some plants,  but they looked just like regular plants.

"I am dragging you to meet a very dangerous vegetable" Kacey replied with a giggle as she opened the door to their destination. Inside lay some cabbages in large pots, Kacey picked up a trick and threw it at one of them. The cabbage opened up and chomped the stick in half which caused the other cabbages to awake and go in a growling frenzy. "They are Chinese chomping cabbages, they are pretty useful in getting rid of unwanted plants"

"Wow, you're sure you weren't supposed to be in Hufflepuff?" Dante laughed then looked over at Sierra who inched towards the door. "You scared Barrows?"

Sierra looked over at Dante rolling her eyes "No.... I'm just not used to seeing attack plants that's all"

"Sure, attack plants" Dante laughed knowing she would never admit to that "Well Kacey you saw your wild cabbages, lets start heading over to the great hall before Barrows here passes out"

"I'm not scared of the plants." Sierra sighed as she head out the door.

"You sure? You look pale" Dante teased.

Sierra looked over at Kacey who shook her head. She glared at Dante as they walked towards the exit of the green houses back into the school. They began to make their journey over to the great hall, as they made their way up the stairs Sierra stopped seeing a familiar figure turn a corner. Sierra grabbed Kacey and Dante by the hand and ran over to the wall where she had seen the figure go, peeking around the corner she could still see him walking. "Do you guys see him?"

"Why are we stalking a student?" Dante asked.

Kacey elbowed him on the side putting a finger to her mouth signaling him to be quiet. "Because he's not real" She whispered as she pointed down at the boys robes, they were a bit transparent and he wasn't walking rather floating.

The boy turned around after hearing them, making eye contact with Sierra before banishing. "That's what I saw last night" Sierra said turning to Kacey.

"But how come I couldn't see him yesterday?" Kacey pondered.

"I missed something crucial here didn't I" Dante said trying to wrap his mind around what they had just seen. Ghosts were common in Hogwarts, but he had never heard of a student ghost.

"We'll explain at lunch, come on lets go before there are no spots left" Sierra replied as they resumed walking to the great hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 108 39
Five years ago, an expulsion had taken place at Hogwarts. It was the first one ordered for in over a century. Unimaginable horrors had taken place wi...
4.4K 26 45
Hogwarts is prepping for an impending war against the Dark Lord - Lord Voldemort. Mayrah Raj, a 5th year Ravenclaw, has little that affects her as d...
744K 18.4K 40
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
39.5K 1.2K 56
TW: mentions of abuse You know the story of the boy who lived, but do you know the story of the boy who had no choice and the girl who loved him? The...