The Invitation

Ever since the invitation had arrived her parents seemed off. Their conversations with her were short and they wouldn't really answer any of her questions. The letter had to be a joke right? Magic, that wasn't a thing at all.

Sierra sat in her room by herself hearing distant chatter from the other side of the door, she couldn't help but feel that she had done something wrong. The days seemed to wash away as she still heard few words from her parents, one night Sierra was sitting in her room as usual when a man came into her room. He introduced himself as Mr. Diggory, he kept on asking her questions about her mom and if she knew by any chance who her father was. Besides the fact that she simply didn't want to answer him she honestly didn't know the answer to any of his questions. She was creeped out by his questions and felt quite uncomfortable. What did he want with her and why was he here? 

"There are many things in this world that are hidden, magic is one of them" Mr. Diggory explained 

"Thats not true, Magic is an illusion its a trick" Sierra replied crossing her arms "Thats what they want you to think" Mr.Diggory explained and took a hair tie from her dresser, taking out his wand he muttered a spell making her hair tie change colors. 

"How did you do that?" Sierra asked looking up at him in awe. "Magic" he replied simply looking at her. 

"Sierra you can do this too, the letter that you received in the mail, your parents will be sending you to that school, I'm taking you to get your school supplies today"

Hesitantly Sierra agreed to go, she got into the car with Mr.Diggory in the backseat sitting next to her there was a boy a little older than her, he had brown hair and blue eyes. 

"Hello, my name is Cedric" He introduced himself with a kind smile. "It's going to be my third year at Hogwarts this year, you're going to love it there." 

"Sierra" she replied a bit coldly, her mind was too busy for introductions at the moment. She didn't want to go to Hogwarts, it was a boarding school. She had lived her whole life with other children, she just wanted to be home with her family. But at the end of the day, it was what her parents wanted so she would do it, she had to make them stay. 

Sierra sat quietly for most of the car ride looking out the window watching her surroundings. They arrived at a small restaurant looking building, getting out she followed Cedric and Mr.Diggory into a small room in the back, pulling  a brick, a doorway opened into a street. Sierra looked around in awe of her surroundings, everything looked like something out of a movie. 

"First things first Sierra we have to go get your wand, we will go to Ollivander's they have been making wands for ages and will surely find you the perfect match." Mr. Diggory said with a hint of excitement as he began walking down the busy street. 

Cedric walked next to Sierra, pulling out his wand he handed it to Sierra "The wand chose me on my first try, its made from Ash and it has a Unicorn Hair core" He stated which in return just made Sierra stare at it with a confused look on her face. After inspecting his wand she gave it back to him.

Walking into Ollivander's Sierra took a good look at the store... it looked so forgotten and poorly kept, boxes were piled up against each other and spiderwebs and dust covered everything. An old man popped his head out of a backroom. "Mr. Diggory!" he exclaimed coming out from behind the counter.

 His eyes landed on Sierra "Oh, ooh would you look at that" he said fixing his glasses to get a better look at her. "What is your name dear?" he asked taking Sierra's hand into his. 

"Sierra Barrows, sir." she replied a bit skeptical as to why exactly he was holding her hand. The man nodded letting go of her hand as he walked over to shelves full of boxes looking through them.