The Ghost In The Corridor

——
The arrival to Hogwarts was pretty similar to last years, this time on the opposite side of sorting ceremony they got to watch the first years go through the thrill and anxiety of being sorted into their houses, supper being served shortly after. The room filled with chatter of excitement, talks of future adventure, new spells, and what was to come. It made everything feel warm and comforting. After dinner wrapped up the Slytherin Prefect that was selected for the year stood up and ordered the first years to follow her, the rest were ordered back to the common room to set up their dorms, being with the same group as last year, Sierra and Kacey met up with the now third years they had bunked with, and set up their room on the fifth floor down and got some rest.

Sierra was woken up by the sound of their room door opening, the bloody thing needed some oil. Assuming it was just one of the girls leaving to use the bathroom she didn't bother looking up, that was until she never heard the door close just something dragging on the floor. Looking up she froze seeing a dark figure at the foot of her bed, only illuminated by a dim light coming from the hallway, the figure was holding a wand, the tip glowed red as if a spell was being cast yet nothing was happening. "Who are you?" She called out loud enough to wake up everyone yet no one seemed to move. The figure did not answer her, just turned around and began walking towards the door, yet had no footsteps, only its robe dragged. Sierra took the chance that it had its back turned to her and took her wand using lumos but it had already walked out of the room. Sierra followed behind with caution, she could see it at the end of the hall heading up the stairs and into the common room. The stairs looked different? You'd think she would have noticed the change in the railing coming in earlier that day but it had appeared not.
Walking into the common room a wave of uneasiness hit her as she froze looking around, the lay out was the same but the tapestries and some of the furniture was off, was this some sort of dream? It felt to real, perhaps some sort of illusion but why would someone want to drag her out of her room in the middle of the night? She spotted the figure standing facing over the large window that looked into the lake, with the room fully lit she was able to make out more features. It appeared to be a male student, he had golden brown hair that was combed back. Keeping her wand at the ready she walked up behind him, "Don't make me repeat myself who are you." Sierra demanded, the figure turned around revealing himself.
He was blind, which caught Sierra off guard making her lower her wand. He was much older than her, looked to be of the 6th or 7th year, but she would have heard of him by now, blindness wasn't common since it could easily be fixed with a spell. They were making eye contact, even though he wasn't able to physically see her, he could feel her presence, his expression was... sorrowful. He lifted his freehand and gently caressed her cheek, as much as she tried to break eye contact and run, it was like she was stuck in a trance. When he touched her, his expression changed, it was as if a spark was ignited in his eyes and a soft smile crept on the corner of his lips, he looked hopeful. The change filled her with a sense of calmness and a feeling of connection she could not explain. Before she could ask any questions Sierra felt a violent tug on her shoulder causing her to scream, turning around casting protege immediately.

"Sierra its me! Put your wand down!" Kacey cried out taking a few steps back fearing a blast.

"Kacey? What are you-" Sierra looked behind her to where the boy was but he was gone, looking around the common room was back to its original state, she lowered her shield and wand.

" What are you doing out here, and why are you barefoot?" Kacey asked approaching her friend, Sierra was pale and looked absolutely terrified. "Have you been crying?" Kacey asked furrowing her brows.

Sierra was thrown off by her question, wiping her face she looked at her wet hand, she hadn't noticed the tears that had been rolling off her cheeks."I was talking to the boy who was in our room, I followed him out here, you didn't see him?"