Missing Page

-- The Next Morning --

The smell of freshly cooked food made Sierra gather up consciousness as her stomach growled. It felt like a fever dream, looking around the bright room it took her a second to realize where she was. Yesterday had really happened, part of her was happy it hadn't been some sort of dream but the other part felt like a burden. Even though Cedric's parents seemed to be ok with everything she couldn't help to feel like she was just a burden.

Sitting up she rubbed her eyes as she looked around the room, golden accents on furniture gleaming in the sun that came through the window. Hearing voices outside Sierra got out of the bed and walked over to her trunk getting out some casual clothes to get dressed into. Stepping out of the room she made her way over to the voices coming from the kitchen. Mrs. Diggory was setting up for breakfast with the help of some house elves.

"Good Morning Sierra!" The woman chirped, she was wearing a yellow dress with red dots, she was a very beautiful woman, long honeyed brown hair that curled at the ends with light grey eyes like Cedric. There was something about the way that she carried herself that just displayed a bright energy.

"Good Morning Mrs. Diggory, is there anything that I can help you with?" Sierra asked as she looked around, it was quite a scene. Elves were setting the table, dishes were flying around washing themselves. Mrs. Diggory was sitting down with a recipe book in her hands waving her wand around.

Smiling, Mrs. Diggory put down the recipe book and stood up from her chair. "Oh darling don't you worry about that, everything is already sorted out. Your supply lists should come in today, you're going to spend the day with me and Amos will take Cedric, just figured we could go on a shopping trip and meet them later." She smiled walking over to Sierra putting a hand on her shoulder. "Why don't you go get Cedric? He's outside flying around. Breakfast is almost ready."

Sierra nodded with a slight smile turning around to exit the kitchen, she was rather nervous to be spending the day with her, she was nice and all but without cedric being with her alone felt a little awkward. Stepping out into the garden it was awfully quiet, besides the sounds of birds in the nearby bushes. She looked up at the sky trying to see if she could manage to spot Cedric.

"Miss, are you alright?" a voice called out from behind

Startled, Sierra turned around to face one of the house elves. "Uh, yeah, I'm just trying to find Cedric, have you seen him?"

"The young master is probably in his arena, he's usually there around this time"

"I'm sorry.... his what?"

"Arena, mini stadium, whatever you want to call it, Master had it built for him his first year when he mentioned quidditch." The elf said as he pointed to a structure beyond the property's gardens.

Sierra stared in both awe and slight confusion, she had heard of people having enough money to spend it on rather odd things, but an arena? Making her way down a pathway in the gardens she was able to see a figure up in the air. The arena wasn't huge but it was definitely something. It had some sort of obstacle course going on. Cedric was going through some hoops, "Cedric!" Sierra called out trying to get his attention. He seemed to be too high up to hear her, looking around she spotted an extra broom laying around. It couldn't be any different than her own broom back at Hogwarts right? Picking up the old broom she mounted it and kicked off the ground, the stem of the broom was thinner than her own, it made it more difficult to keep balance. She angled the broom and began flying up towards the hoop, once she got there she looked around slightly confused, she could have sworn Cedric had been flying up there.

"You're getting a little rusty there Barrows" A familiar voice called out from behind her.

"Oh shut up Cedric, it's not my fault this broom was made a hundred years ago" Sierra teased as she turned to face him. "Your mom is almost done with breakfast, she sent me out here to come and get you"