The Sorting Hat

"First years come with me!" A female voice said, at the front of the castle an older woman stood, she had an elegant glow in her presence. Sierra spotted Hermione standing by the front, making her way over but didn't say anything to her, they walked into the castle making their way up a staircase. They stopped for a brief moment and the lady disappeared leaving them standing silently at the top of the stairs.

"Is it true then? What they're saying on the train." The blonde haired boy from before spoke, he was leaning on two others that were by his side. "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" Immediately the student body began to whisper. Harry seemed to have some sort of importance, she would have to find out on her own since asking anyone right now would be a pretty stupid move, or maybe if she saw Cedric later on she could ask him.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle" He said introducing the two people next to him before stepping out in front of Harry "And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." As he introduced himself, a snicker came from the red haired boy next to Harry. "Think my name is funny do you?" Draco said with a look of disgust as he looked over at Ron. "Don't need to ask yours, red hair and a hand me down robe?You must be a Weasley" He turned his head back to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some Wizarding families are better than others Potter, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort" Draco said as he looked over at Ron. "I can help you there" Draco extended his hand for Harry to shake.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks" Harry replied, before Draco could get another word out the lady from before came back. She explained that they would be entering the great hall and how the sorting ceremony would work. As they walked to the great hall Sierra couldn't help but to think of the exchange between Draco and Harry. Did she come from a good wizarding family? She didn't know any of them well to know specifically which ones were the bad ones. The lady introduced herself as Professor McGonagall.

As they entered the great hall Sierra looked around her eyes landing on the ceiling. Candles floated through the air and a night sky was within the ceiling. "Come on gather around up here" Professor McGonagall said putting all of them up to the front of the hall. They stood in front of a chair with a giant hat on it.

"Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." She said turning around.

An older man stood up from his seat. "I have a few start of term things I'd like to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also our caretaker Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you, that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death, thank you."

Sierra looked over at where everyone was looking. A skinny old weird looking guy was standing there with a cat. Sierra had to do a double take on the cat, its eyes were red. She had never seen such a thing before in her life, were there magical creatures too?

Taking a mental note of everything that was just said Sierra turned her attention back to McGonagall who began to speak. "When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses." She said picking up the hat and looking over at a scroll.

"Hermione Granger" McGonagall called and Hermione sighed looking over at the hat nervously. She whispered to herself as she approached the chair.

"Mental that one I'm telling you" Ron said a little bit too loud. Sierra glared at him, she didn't even know him and he was already getting on her nerves. Why did he feel the need to be so disrespectful in the middle of a ceremony, not that she was protecting Hermione by any means but it was just basic decency.

Hermione sat down on the stool and the hat was placed on her head, thats when Sierra noticed it looked like it had a face on it. The hat began to speak, "Ahh right then... hmmm right, okay. GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouted and a table behind them started cheering. They were all waring robes with red and gold accents. Hermione smiled making her way over to the Gryffindor table excited.