Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

By DreamersWriters

Every soul contains a whisper of light and comes together to fight in an epic, grand tournament! Heroes and v... More

Notes!
Table of Contents
Episode 1: It's A-Me and My Friends! Puyo!
Episode 2: Two Villains are Enough
Episode 3: A Prince and Hero Don't Get Along
Episode 4: The Heroes Scatter and Cross Other Paths
Episode 5: The Jungle is Bigger Than We Thought
Episode 6: Outer Space is a Big Place
Episode 7: A Free for All Part 1
Episode 8: A Free for All Part 2
Paralogue One: Trainer Red Wants to Battle as New Friends are Invited
Paralogue Two: To Recruit Villains
Paralogue Four: Friends Don't Have to Watch from Afar
Episode 9: The Opening Ceremony is Interrupted by this Clearly Evil Broadcast
Episode 10: Behind the Scenes and In the Skies
Episode 11: The Jungle Never Changes
Episode 12: To Be the Very Best
Episode 13: The King and Knights
Episode 14: Chasing and Chasing
Episode 15: A Friend from Before
Episode 16: A Misunderstanding
Episode 17: To Catch 'Em All in a Clash
Episode 18: Helping Each Other
Episode 19: To the Island in the Sky
Episode 20: Freeing a Friend
Episode 21: That's my Ship!
Episode 22: Stealth Mission
Episode 23: Time for a Daring Escape
Episode 24: A Purposeful Meeting
Episode 25: A Moment of Darkness
Episode 26: The Light Returns
Episode 27: The Final Fighter
Episode 28: The Brawl of the Century
Bonus Episode 1: Family Day for Fire Emblem
Bonus Episode 2: Dance with Me
Bonus Episode 3: Halloween Scare Gone Wrong
Bonus Episode 4: A Meal for Two
Thank You!
Bonus Episode 5: Happy Birthday, Link!
Bonus Chapter 6: Sonic Christmas: The Silent yet Deadly Night

Prologue Three: The Wind and Snake

37 1 0
By DreamersWriters

(Remember how hyped we were when Sonic and Snake were announced for Smash Bros. Brawl? Crazy with how far we've come! I still remember the days when I was excited to play as Sonic! Now, we have Ryu, Cloud, Bayo, MegaMan, Ken, Pac Man, Joker, Terry, Hero, Banjo and Kazooie, Sephiroth, Kazuya, and Sora! Enjoy!)

                As Sakurai scattered his invitations to heroes he knew and villains they've crossed paths with, he dropped two into two worlds that were far away from those heroes. One invitation was delivered to a special op who was currently running away from an exploding weapons compound.

"I thought the mission was going to be easy, Otacon" the special op snapped in his radio as he pulled out a grenade and threw it towards a few guards.

"I'm sorry, but I can't predict the future, Snake" he replied to him, "I just got the intel and sent you out. I suppose I should've given you a bit more rations and equipment, but I assumed you could handle it"

"Less sass talk and help me find a way out of this" Snake replied to him as he then loaded a bazooka and prepared to fire it.

This is Solid Snake. His real name is David, but he is a special operative who goes on dangerous missions to sabotage the enemies' bases. He is an expert in many different firearms, combat training, and even know different forms of communications.

He fired the bazooka right a pile of explosives and blew up a few guards. He then hid in his box to avoid the debris and aftermath of the explosion. He lifted the box as he heard Otacon cheering over the radio. Snake sighed as he made a note of the damages and the weapons he destroyed in this facility. However, as he turned to leave, he caught site of a floating invitation. Snake effortlessly caught it and examined it while standing in place.

"Snake? You ok, buddy?" Otacon asked curiously, "You stopped moving. The mission is a success. Oh, did my equipment freak out on you? I really need to double check my work. I'm sorry"

"No, it is not that" Snake said as he turned the invitation over and noticed a familiar emblem that he had recently seen, "Is Colonel Campbell is still at the base with Mei Ling?"

"Uh?" Otacon replied nervously as he looked up to see the two of them talking about a report, "Yeah, they are. Is everything ok, Snake? Did something catch your eye?"

"You could say that" Snake answered as he put the letter away and prepare to leave, "I'm leaving now. This is Snake, I'm done here"

He quickly departed from the scene to arrive at the main base. It was just Colonel Campbell, Mei Ling, and Otacon remaining in the base. During voyage back to the base, he was able to look the invitation and realized where he recognized the symbol from, the worlds famous Super Smash Brothers tournament. He couldn't help but grin at it. He knew what this meant and was ready for it. Before he decides anything, he should let his team know what they believed would be the best course of action with this letter.

"Snake! Nice to see you! The mission is a success, right?" Ling asked warmly as she held her tablet and grinned.

"As usual. I need to speak with you, Otacon, and the colonel about something important" Snake said as he gained the attention of the room.

Colonel Campbell turned to his attention to him to ask, "What is it, Snake?"

He held the letter in his hands as Otacon gasped. Snake knew he would recognize it, but he wanted to know what the Colonel thought of it. Colonel Campbell examined it from a distance and seem to understand what this meant.

"Snake, have you ever heard of Super Smash Brothers?" Colonel Campbell asked seriously.

"Yes, it is that fighting tournament, right?" Snake asked as he tried to confirm it.

"It is. It is a tournament where the best of the best competes in. It will be a grueling fighting tournament. It will be tough. Are you sure you're up for this? You won't be able to gain any support for us as well. We can offer you hints and guidance, but that's all we can give you" Colonel Campbell informed as Snake could only smirk.

"It would be a shame to keep them waiting. I better give them my reply. It is my new mission, to take on the powerful fighters of the Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournament" Snake answered as Otacon and Ling cheered in delight with the Colonel smiling in agreement.

And so, the Solid Snake sent his invention to the tournament and departed from his friends with the gear he could carry along with his radio. Nothing was going to stop him from entering this tournament. He was ready for it.

As for another invitation, it found its way to another world far from the others, but closer to the world where Mario and his friends reside in. The invitation floated from the sky until it landed underneath a tree where a certain blue hedgehog was sleeping in.

"Sonic!" the friendly voice of his best friend shouted in delight.

He reached the bottom of the tree and noticed the letter. He took the letter and examined it.

"Hey, Sonic, is this yours?" he asked as he held it up to the tree.

A blur blue sped towards the young fox and snatched the letter out of his hands. He then stood before his best friend and held the letter. His friend was dizzy a bit, but he easily recovered as he turned to him.

Sonic the Hedgehog is the fastest thing alive. He's known as the Blue Blur and saves animal creatures from the evil clutches of Dr. Eggman. He has made many friends on his adventures and continues to do so. He's even a good friend of Mario. He's a good fighter too.

Sonic recognized the seal on the invitation and smiled.

He then turned to his two tailed friend and reassured him, "Don't worry, this isn't anything bad, Tails. Actually, Mario mentioned this tournament to me after he paid a visit to me on one of his adventures. It is a fighting tournament where the best of the best competes in"

Tails wasn't too sure about this. He knew Sonic enjoyed fighting for fun, so Tails had a funny feeling that Sonic would also find himself in another adventure.

"Are you sure?" Tails asked as Sonic nodded his head to reassure his little brother figure.

"Of course," Sonic said with a grin as he opened the letter to read the contents of it, "Well, I better prepare myself for it. I've got a few errands to run. I'll see you soon, Tails!"

Before the fox could tell Sonic something, he sped off to take care of whatever he needed. He first stopped at G.U.N and waited outside of it for a certain hedgehog. The hedgehog stepped out of the building and sighed at who his visitor was.

"Sonic the Hedgehog" he said as Sonic grinned at him, "What brings you here? Is the doctor up to something no good?"

"Ah! Shadow! Just the hedgehog I wanted to see besides the other one from the future. Who should be arriving soon enough" Sonic said as he counted to three as a silver hedgehog teleported behind them.

"I've got your message, Sonic!" he said as he hovered towards him and Shadow, "What is the problem?"

"Don't worry, Silver. I'll explain everything. I've been invited to attend a certain tournament" Sonic explained to them as he held the invitation to them, "I'll be gone for a few days. Judging by the contents of the letter, it might be a while too"

Shadow perked up at that as Sonic let him take a look at it. Silver used his powers to hover the letter between them as Sonic decided to read the contents of it to them.

"Whoever wrote this was worried. Something outside of our world frightened him enough that he sent the letter here. I'm going to help this being, but depending on what happens, I'm not really sure when I'll be back. That's where you two come in along with Knuckles and the Chaotix. I've already told them what I'm gonna do" Sonic informed them.

"So, you want us to watch over our world until you get back? That's not a problem!" Silver said in a determined tone as he spun in the air.

"Very well. We can manage that, but if you need our help, you better ask it" Shadow said seriously as he handed the letter back to Sonic.

"Yeah, yeah. You and Knuckles said the same thing" Sonic said with a grin and shrug as he then turned to Silver, "And can you both do me one more favor before I go?"

Both hedgehogs looked at Sonic as the seven Chaos Emeralds hovered around him. He glanced to them with his smirk as he said, "If Amy needs me, tell her I left her something at her house. She'll understand! Bye guys! Take care of everything for me!"

The emeralds crashed into the blue hedgehog as he turned golden. He flew towards the sky in a blinding speed to the tournament. Silver looked up as Shadow closed his eyes and remained quiet. He knew what Sonic was doing, but he also knew that Sonic could be in over his head about his situation. Shadow sighed and decided to return to his work. Silver was surprised and promised to watch over their home, but he saw Amy wandering around. He decided to spend time with her to keep her company and even thought of taking her to Blaze's dimension to spend some time with her too.

"Looks like everything's going to be ok" Sonic said in relief as he quickly flew around to see his friends enjoying themselves before flying out of his world.

The two fighters who didn't have a stake in this tournament have departed. They were determined to do everything they can to help their new and old friends in this tournament. They wouldn't give up and were willing to do everything they can to help them. Even if they take their times and arrive a little later than they plan. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56 0 6
Phoenix Wright finds himself trapped in a University with 15 other Ultimates in a insidious killing game hosted by a monochrome goose, will he and hi...
1.6K 12 10
Warning! Fucked up kinks ahead! Vs debating show similar to Death Battle, or Limit Break, but with three major differences. One, all fights are fan v...
2.8K 159 35
☆"The Write and Win" (2016) Winner for: -Best Plot. -Best Depicted Characters. ☆"Little Moonlight Awards" Honorable Mention. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
4.1K 163 51
The old version of my first Super Smash Bros. Fanfiction. Updated version coming soon.