What is family?

By serene_fictionist

Angelina Marino The only princess of the Marino family. The world knows her as a princess who has everything... More

Author's Note
CHARACTER SKETCH
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Characters, their relations and ages
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Author's note
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Author's Note
Vince's book - A small peek into it!
A short notice!
Vince's book - A small excerpt
Vince book PUBLISHED!

Chapter 99

6.6K 324 123
By serene_fictionist

Third Person POV

Vince was sitting alone in the empty corridor, his eyes closed and his head leaning against the wall.

Aurelio finished talking to the doctor and informed them about the set up of equipment in their mansion.

He was walking back to where everyone was, but stopped when he saw Vince sitting alone in a deserted corridor.

Aurelio slightly frowned and walked to his brother.

He sat beside Vince, but the latter didn't open his eyes and neither did he say anything.

"Is your guard down, boss?", Aurelio asked, amused.

"I know it's you.", Vince replied calmly, still keeping his eyes closed.

Aurelio chuckled lightly.

"I know you're worried about the situation, but relax, brother. Everything will fall into place with time. We'll have to be a little more careful from now on. I should've-", Aurelio was saying calmly, but Vince cut him off.

"It's not your fault.", Vince said firmly.

Aurelio sighed. 

He so wished he could agree on that, but the guilt was hard to swallow.

"You said you were going to call someone. Who's that?", Aurelio asked.

"Reece.", was all Vince said, his eyes still closed.

Aurelio frowned and looked at his brother.

"Reece? That guy who's Angelina's cousin?", Aurelio asked, confused.

"Hmm.", Vince replied calmly.

"Why did you call him?", Aurelio asked, his confusion growing deeper.

No response.

"Vince, why did you call him?", Aurelio asked seriously.

Aurelio had a bad feeling about it.

He was getting restless with the news.

"Vince", Aurelio probed.

"I want him to take Lina with him to his house and family.", Vince said, his tone cold.

"WHAT?", Aurelio raised his voice in shock.

"What are you saying, Vince? I don't understand.", Aurelio asked, shocked, with hints of anger lacing his tone.

"You heard it right and what you understood is what I'm trying to say.", Vince said calmly.

The fact that Vince was saying it with such calmness and his refusal to open his eyes and look at him was making Aurelio immensely anxious.

He understood that Vince wasn't speculating about his decision, he had already made his mind on it.

It was impossible to convince Vince when he had made a strict decision.

"I don't understand. You knew about Angel's cousins from a long time ago and never planned on letting her go. Then why now? Why?", Aurelio asked anxiously.

"Why should Arianna stay with us, Aurelio? It's because we are her biological family. Isn't that the reason you all give?", Vince asked calmly.

"No. It's because we love her.", Aurelio said firmly.

"You love her now. But when she came to us for the first time, you accepted her because she was our sister who is related by blood. Leave us aside for a moment. Dad, uncle Ros, aunt, nonna and nonno loved Aria even before they met her or spent time with her. Why is that? Isn't it because she is dad's child and our sister?", Vince asked, finally opening his eyes and looking at Aurelio calmly.

"What does that have anything to do with Angelina?", Aurelio asked.

"In their view, Angelina will always be an outsider.", Vince said.

"It doesn't matter what they think.", Aurelio said with a frown.

"To you, me and our brothers, it doesn't matter. But, to Lina, it matters.", Vince said.

"Why?", Aurelio asked, confused, looking at his brother with a faint frown.

"Did you notice how much aunt Nina cares for Aria? Did you see how blindly every elder in our family takes Aria's side? Despite everything I do, I can never give them the love of a mother. Aunt Nina can give my siblings that. But what about Lina? She will always be starved of that love. Do you think it won't hurt her whenever she sees aunt Nina pampering and fussing over Aria? Don't you remember, Elio, how hard Angelina tried to gain aunt Nina's acceptance in the past?", Vince asked, looking straight at his brother.

Aurelio was at a loss of words.

He didn't have anything to counter his brother's words.

But he didn't accept his decision to send Angel away either.

"I uh but-", Aurelio tried to say something, but stopped, having no reason to speak.

After a while in silence, each of them immersed in their own thoughts, Aurelio decided to break the tense silence.

"How are you so sure that the Reece family will love Angelina? Are you really sure that she'll be loved in that family?", Aurelio asked, trying to convince Vince that the Reece need not be a good family.

"A woman who can love a child that is not hers as much as she loves her own kids, will definitely love her niece as much too.", Vince said calmly.

"Huh?", Aurelio looked confused.

"Katherina Reece.", was all Vince said.

"Easton's mother?", Aurelio asked.

"Angelina's aunt.", Vince said calmly.

"What do you mean a child that's not hers? And how do you know that the woman loves this child as much as she does her own kids?", Aurelio asked.

"I've seen it with my own eyes. I've seen the protectiveness in the woman's eyes for her daughter. An emotion seen only in the eyes of a mother. I'm sure she'll love Lina.", Vince said with a distant look in his eyes as if remembering something.

Aurelio looked away.

"Angel won't be happy, Vince, and none of us will be either.", Aurelio said.

"She will grow to be happy and safe.", Vince said firmly.

"You don't realize just how much she loves you, loves all of us.", Aurelio said, looking straight at the wall.

"But I can't give her what she wants.", Vince said, his voice going a tad bit gentle.

"You don't know what she wants.", Aurelio argued.

"But I do know what she doesn't deserve. She doesn't deserve all the hate she is receiving by this family.", Vince said, clenching his eyes.

Aurelio clenched his jaw tightly.

After a moment in silence, Aurelio looked at Vince.

"Can you be happy leaving her, Vince?", Aurelio asked.

"A person who can't protect his family does not have the luxury to be selfish.", Vince said coldly.

Aurelio stiffened.

Though he knew that Vince didn't direct the comment at him, he knew that he was also responsible for not protecting his siblings properly.

"Angel won't accept.", Aurelio tried one last time.

"I'm not giving her a choice, I'm going to tell her to leave.", Vince said in an emotionless voice.

"What about the boys and Aria?", Aurelio asked. 

He just wanted his brother to change his decision.

Everyone would be distraught if Angel leaves.

"There's still time for Aria to wake up and about the boys, do you think they'll go against my decision?", Vince asked calmly.

"Don't do something for which you'll regret later, Vince.", Aurelio said in a pained voice.

"I'm already regretting a lot of things, Elio.", Vince said calmly, his eyes momentarily swirling with pain.

"When do you want her to leave?", Aurelio asked coldly, trying very hard to conceal his pain and anguish.

"Tonight.", Vince replied.

"So fast?", Aurelio asked, shocked.

"I asked Easton to come immediately. They'll probably reach here around 8 in the night.", Vince informed.

"Reconsider your decision, Vince.", Aurelio tried.

"I've made up my mind. I would appreciate it if you help me convince the boys.", Vince said firmly, his face completely stoic and eyes blank.

Aurelio didn't answer.

Vince hardly ever asked for help and when he did, there was no way Aurelio would refuse.

Aurelio stood up and walked away, leaving Vince alone in the corridor.

He walked to where everyone was waiting.

Aurelio looked at the way Angel held onto Theo and the way he was holding her protectively.

They loved her.

Everyone of them.

Wasn't that love enough?

He didn't know the answers.

That's when he noticed the looks of disdain his stepmother was throwing at his sister.

He also noticed how displeased his uncle and his grandparents looked at the way Theo was consoling Angel.

Aurelio clenched his jaw and his eyes blazed with anger.

Angel definitely didn't deserve their hatred, but he couldn't let her go either.

She was his sister. 

It pained him to realize that she was going to leave tonight.

He averted his eyes and turned to go away, but came face to face with his father.

"What's wrong, Elio? You look angry and distressed.", Rosario said calmly, looking at his son.

"I am, dad.", Aurelio said with hints of anger lacing his tone.

"Is everything alright?", Rosario asked with a faint frown.

"Nothing is going to be alright from now on.", Aurelio said and walked away.

Rosario looked at the retreating back of his son and frowned.

He could sense something was terribly wrong.

Time flew by with everyone indulging in their own thoughts.

Vince came back and managed all the procedures to shift Arianna safely to the mansion.

Aurelio was nowhere to be seen all through the time.

Fio looked around for his brother, but couldn't find him. He tried to call, but his brother's phone was switched off.

Fio was worried.

He knew his brother would do such things only when he's extremely upset and angry.

What Fio couldn't understand was what made his brother upset at a time like this.

He could only wait for his brother to give him answers.

The procedures were closely inspected by Vince.

Aria was then mounted into the ambulance and Vince rode along with her in the ambulance.

He looked at Aria calmly and gently took her hand in his.

"I think you're not going to like what I'm going to do, Aria.", he said calmly.

He then gently caressed her face and his eyes softened a tad bit.

"But it's for the best. I hope you'll understand.", he said and paused.

"Also, I'll make sure you'll be safe too. You and your brothers.", he said firmly.

He leaned down and gently kissed her forehead.

The whole ride to the mansion was filled with silence.

After reaching the mansion and settling down Aria properly, everyone was a little relaxed.

Now that she was home, they wouldn't have to worry so much.

Angel was still anxious as her sister was not gaining consciousness.

Theo had told her that it would take some hours for Aria to wake up as she had lost a lot of blood, but that didn't relax Angel even a little.

As Angel was going into the room to accompany her sister, another argument broke out between the elders.

Theo tried to calm everyone down, but just like always the argument escalated.

Rosario stepped in and persuaded his brother and dragged his wife away from there.

He had enough of their unreasonable behavior.

As everyone of the siblings were worried about Aria and angry with the elders, Fio was anxious about his brother.

He walked to Aurelio's office as he knew that was the place Vince would be at the moment.

He knocked and walked in.

Vince looked at him calmly.

"Elio's phone is switched off, Vince. Did something happen?", Fio asked, a little anxious.

"He'll be back in a while. Don't worry.", Vince replied calmly.

Fio nodded and walked out.

He could sense that something was definitely wrong, but he was unable to point at what exactly was wrong.

He sighed, walking away.

At around 8 in the evening, Aurelio walked in, looking disheveled and upset.

Bianca was in the living room and she frowned looking at the state of her grandson.

"What's wrong, Elio? You don't look good.", Bianca asked, worried.

Aurelio stopped, but didn't look at his nonna.

"Everything's wrong, nonna.", he said coldly.

Bianca frowned and was going to say something, but just then a guard walked in.

He bowed a little and Aurelio nodded at him to speak.

"Sir, Mr. and Ms. Reece are waiting at the gate.", the guard informed.

"Let them in.", Aurelio ordered.

"Reece?", Bianca asked with a frown.

Aurelio ignored her and ordered the head maid to call everyone into the living room.

Just then Vince walked in and sat on the sofa calmly.

Both the brothers didn't share even a single glance and were looking in their separate ways.

Bianca found it strange and a little alarming.

Vince and Aurelio rarely fought.

Them being so distant was a serious matter.

Aurelio calmly set his shirt and hair as he didn't want outsiders to see his vulnerable side.

"What's going on, Vince?", Bianca asked calmly.

No response.

A moment later, everyone came to the living room with a puzzled look.

Before anyone could ask anything, the door opened and Easton and his sister walked in, surprising Angel, Theo, Dylan and the twins.

The rest of them didn't know who they were, so they were just a little confused.

"Easton?", Angel whispered, confused.

Easton looked around a little until his eyes landed on Angelina and he slightly relaxed.

"Please take a seat.", Vince said calmly, looking at the Reece siblings.

Easton nodded and sat down and Kris sat beside him.

She looked at Angel and smiled, earning a small smile back.

The elders sat on the sofa and Aurelio sat a little away from Vince.

The rest of them were standing a little dispersed.

Theo was shocked to see them there.

He didn't understand what to make of their sudden arrival.

"Who are they, Vince?", Donatello asked calmly.

"This is Easton Reece and his sister, Kristen Reece.", Vince said calmly.

Easton looked at the elders and gave a curt nod.

Kristen smiled a little at them, but none of them returned her smile.

She composed herself and looked away.

She didn't like the atmosphere of the house even a little.

"Reece? Are they Michael and Katherina Reece's children?", Riccardo asked with a faint frown.

"Yes.", Vince replied.

After a momentary pause, Vince looked straight at Easton.

"They are Angelina's cousins.", Vince said firmly.

Aurelio clenched his jaw.

Theo, Dylan, the twins, Fio and Luce's eyes widened in shock.

They didn't expect Vince to reveal it so casually.

Donatello and Bianca frowned.

Rosario looked unfazed and Nina frowned.

Even Easton and his sister looked shocked.

They didn't expect him to reveal it so suddenly.

Angelina didn't understand it at first, but the words slowly started to sink in.

She stared at Easton blankly and the emotions in her eyes slowly turned to confusion, shock and surprise.

"Cousins?", she whispered softly.

"Cousins?", Riccardo asked, surprised.

"Angelina is Katherina Reece's niece. Her sister, Lilliana Miller's daughter.", Vince said calmly.

Riccardo was shocked

He couldn't believe that the girl was so closely related to the Reece family.

Easton looked at Angelina anxiously. He didn't want her to understand them in a negative way.

He had his reasons to keep the truth from her and he didn't want Angelina to feel betrayed.

"Are you sure, Vince? Why would someone as rich and powerful as Reece throw their relative into our family?", Nina asked with a frown.

Easton didn't mind the woman's words. His eyes were solely set on Angelina.

But Kris didn't like the tone of the woman and the way she phrased her words.

"Correction, Mrs. Marino, we didn't throw our sister in your family, it was an accident whose details we don't yet know.", Kris said seriously, her tone bold and her gaze sharp.

Nina stiffened at the girl's tone.

The boys were anxious. They didn't understand what was going on and why all this was happening suddenly.

"Are you sure, Ms. ? As far as I remember, the Reece corporation was not in a good shape fifteen years ago. Are you sure this girl was not dumped on us because your parents were not ready to shoulder her responsibility?", Donatello asked coldly, giving her a sharp look.

Much to his surprise, the girl didn't flinch. Instead she matched his gaze and looked straight in his eyes.

"As I've said before, no one dumped Angelina on you and certainly not my parents. Maybe you are the kind of people who leave behind family in the days of trouble, but we never do, Mr. Marino.", Kris said sternly, looking straight in the man's eyes.

Bianca's eyes blazed in anger. No one had ever dared to take that tone on her husband and the girl was not even half their age.

"Mind your tone, girl. You're sitting in our home.", Bianca warned, glaring at Kris.

"We've not come uninvited, Mrs. Marino. We are sitting here because we are invited. About respect, it's a mutual action.", Kris said seriously.

Bianca clenched her jaw in anger.

Theo looked at Kris a little surprised.

He never expected the mischievous woman he met to be so cold and stoic.

But what worried him the most was the fact that Vince voluntarily invited them.

He looked at Angelina and she was looking at the floor with a deep frown etched on her face.

Angelina was clueless. She didn't understand how to take the newly revealed information.

She liked Easton a lot and over the past few days, she had come to grow close to him and viewed him like a brother.

She didn't know if she should be happy with the truth or angry at him for hiding it.

Aurelio looked at Kristen and looked back at Vince.

Vince raised a brow and Aurelio sighed, looking away.

Aurelio understood that Vince was right. The woman in front of him looked like a well loved and pampered child.

"We are not that free to entertain you right now. If that girl is your cousin, take her away from us. We'll be relieved.", Nina said with disdain.

Kris looked at the woman startled.

She was surprised to see someone hate a kid that much.

Nina's words earned utter silence in the room.

The boys looked at their aunt shocked.

Vince and Aurelio stiffened at that.

Easton was shocked and angry at the woman's words.

He had thought Angelina would be happy with the Marinos, but he was slowly realizing the strange and unruly behavior of the elders.

Angelina's breath hitched at Nina's words.

She liked Easton and she would like to know more about herself, but that didn't mean she was ready to leave her family.

Her brothers, cousins and sister were more important to her.

She held Theo's hand in fear and Theo squeezed her hand in assurance.

"Mom, can you stop it!", Fio exclaimed angrily.

"What's wrong in what I said? If this is the girl's real family, we should just send her away with them.", Nina said nonchalantly.

"The girl has a name, woman.", Kris said coldly.

Vince cleared his throat, silencing everyone.

"Angelina will leave with Mr. Reece to his family.", Vince said calmly, his tone firm and cold.

Angel gasped at her brother's words.

Aurelio clenched his eyes tightly.

Theo and the boys looked at Vince with widened eyes.

They were shocked beyond words.

Even the elders looked shocked.

Riccardo looked at his son with a frown.

He knows that Vince loves the girl as much as he loves his siblings and Aria. He didn't understand why he would send her away.

Rosario looked at his own son and realized why he had been so disturbed and upset in the hospital. Vince might have told his decision to him back then.

Even Fio and Bianca realized why Aurelio had been so upset and angry.

"What are you saying, Vince?", Theo asked, still in shock.

"You heard it right, Theo. I want Angelina to go to her biological family.", Vince said firmly.

"Why?", Luce asked, shocked and hurt.

"That's the right thing to do.", Vince replied.

"No, it's not.", Dylan said angrily.

"I didn't ask for your opinion.", Vince said sternly.

"Elio, why aren't you saying anything?", Ace asked anxiously.

Aurelio clenched his fists in helplessness.

After thinking for a long time, he understood Vince's decision.

He would rather let go of his sister than see her suffer.

"Vince is right. We should send Angelina with her family.", Aurelio said through clenched jaw.

Easton was looking straight at Vince.

He knows that the man loves Angelina like his own daughter.

But he wasn't able to understand why he was giving up on Angelina. He had warned him to not hurt Angelina and now he himself was doing it.

On the other hand, Kris was furious.

She didn't like the family one bit.

She was angry that the family was so easily giving up on Angelina.

Moreover, the elders looked strangely happy and satisfied.

That ticked her off even more.

She wondered if Easton really thought Angelina was safe with these people who seemed to have no family values.

She looked at Theo.

He had been so possessive about Angelina and had always been rude to her brother over that matter.

She admired his protectiveness over his sister, but now she was doubting if it was fake or real.

On the other hand, Angelina let go of Theo's hand and walked to Vince.

She stood in front of him and looked straight at him.

Her eyes were blank and she was looking solely at her brother.

The boys stopped arguing and looked at her.

"Am I not your family, Vince?", Angel asked softly.

Aurelio hoped out of hope that at least Angelina would change Vince's heart.

Vince felt a pang in his chest and his heart squeezed in pain. He had raised her all by himself. She was his child.

But to see his child happy, he had to make sacrifices and this was the biggest one he was making.

He stoned his heart and looked straight into Angel's eyes with a blank look.

"You're not biologically related to me.", Vince said firmly.

Angel shook her head.

"Am I not your family?", she repeated her question.

The boys felt a pang in their chest.

They wanted Vince to stop. 

Vince slightly clenched his jaw. His sister was making it impossible to keep on the act.

"No.", was all he could say.

Angel gasped and took a step back, her eyes reflected the wealth of hurt she felt at the moment.

She slightly shook her head.

"Why are you acting?", she asked, hurt.

Vince looked at her blankly.

"What are you saying, Vince? Angel is our family. She's our sister, blood or not.", Theo said with a frown, anxiously.

Vince gave him and his brothers a cold look, stopping them in their tracks.

It was not Vince's cold glare that stopped them, but hints of a silent plea in his eyes.

Theo and the rest of his brothers had never seen that emotion in their brother's eyes and now that they have, they would not be able to go against him.

Theo felt his heart sink at the way his brother looked at him.

"You're my family, Vince. Why are you saying all this?", Angel asked, looking at her brother in shock and disbelief.

Vince just gave her a blank stare, but didn't say anything.

He was barely holding himself together and he couldn't bring himself to speak anything more than he already did.

Just then something popped in Angel's head.

"I understood. You're angry that I took Anna into the forest, right?", she asked, looking at him in panic.

"But I didn't. I mean I didn't purposefully take her into the forest. Please trust me. I really didn't.", she pleaded, involuntarily tears started cascading down her cheeks, her lips wobbling.

Vince looked at her unfazed.

He was successfully maintaining his stoic.

Easton felt a pang in his heart at the way his sister was hurting.

He looked at Vince with a confused frown.

He was sure that his impression of Vince when they met for the first time was not wrong. But what he was not understanding was why the man who loved his sister so dearly is hurting her like this.

The brothers stood frozen in their places.

Dylan clenched his fists and Ash looked extremely angry. Ace was confused and anxious with the way the situation turned out.

Dylan was going to say something, but Theo held his hand and stopped him.

Dylan gave his brother an angry glare. Theo looked at his brothers and slowly shook his head, indicating to them to keep quiet.

Kris noticed the small interaction and she felt anger bubble inside her.

She felt angry that she had mistaken him to be a good brother. At the end of the day, he was letting go of Angelina because they are not related by blood.

The thought itself fueled her anger.

"Why should we believe what you're saying?", Riccardo asked coldly, looking at Angelina.

But, Angel didn't spare him a single glance.

Her eyes were solely set on her brother and she didn't mind what the others were saying.

"Please, Vince, I really didn't do anything purposefully. You can ask Anna once she wakes up.", Angel pleaded.

"Aria is too kind, so she would definitely try to cover it up for you.", Nina said in disdain.

Kris felt disgusted at the way the family was behaving.

She clenched her jaw to control her anger.

"Please, Vince.", Angel pleaded and tried to reach out to hold his hand.

But Vince stood up abruptly and she took a step back in response.

"It would be better if you leave immediately.", Vince said coldly.

Angel shook her head and looked at Theo.

"Theo, why aren't you saying anything? Are you upset with the way I behaved after knowing about Anna's kidnapping? I-I will never behave like that again. Please, say something.", Angel pleaded, crying, looking at Theo.

Theo looked at his sister in a daze.

He didn't know what to do.

His brother has pleaded with him for the first time in his life and on the other hand, he couldn't let go of his sister.

Angel felt her heart sink at the lack of response from Theo.

She looked at Aurelio who was sitting silently.

"Elio, please ask Vince to take back what he said. I promised you I'll get over my past and I will. I just need some more time, but I'll never again hurt anyone because of it. Please just give me some more time. Please ask Vince to take back what he said.", Angel pleaded, sobbing.

Aurelio clenched his jaw and looked at the floor.

He couldn't bring himself to look at his sister.

Angel was restless and clueless as to why her brothers were giving up on her.

Her mind was reeling with many possibilities and she herself didn't know what she was saying.

She was in a state of panic and pain.

She looked at Dylan, the twins, Fio and Luce.

"Guys, please.", she whispered softly, her eyes pleading with them.

They looked away, unable to resist her pleading eyes.

Easton was himself puzzled.

The boys had literally picked a fight with him for Angelina and now they were letting her go?

He didn't understand what to make of the situation.

Angelina felt her body tremble in fear and pain.

Her head was aching with all the pressure she was feeling at the moment and the injury intensified her pain.

She felt her vision getting blurry, but all she cared about at the moment was her family, her brothers.

She took a step forward and tightly wrapped her hands around Vince, hugging him.

Vince resisted himself from hugging her back.

"Please, Vince, I'll do anything you ask me to and I'll take any punishment, but please don't send me away. You are my family. Please.", she pleaded, sobbing hard.

Vince maintained his stoic, but internally he was hurting.

He was slowly starting to lose his resolve.

He was going through hell to prevent himself from consoling her.

Aurelio looked on with hope, expecting his brother to relent.

Theo and the boys were putting their everything to not fight with Vince and prevent their sister from leaving.

Suddenly, Vince felt Angel's entire weight on him and tensed.

"Please.", he heard a small whisper.

He looked down and realized that she had passed out from the pain in her head and all the pressure she was exerting on her head emotionally.

He gently wrapped his hands around her and balanced her from falling.

Aurelio stood up and Theo rushed to her when he realized she had fainted.

"Angel", Theo called out.

He tried to pull her to himself, but Vince held her tightly.

Theo looked at his brother with a pained look.

When Vince looked at Theo's eyes, he stiffened.

"Mr. Reece, take your sister with you.", Vince said calmly.

The boys gritted their teeth and clenched their fists in helplessness.

"Vince", Aurelio tried to persuade, but in vain.

Easton walked forward to take Angelina into his arms.

He didn't care about the reason anymore.

The people were doing all this for whatever the reason they had, but at the end of the day it was Angelina that was getting hurt and that didn't settle well with Easton.

He went to Vince and looked at the tight hold he had on Angelina.

"Give my sister to me, Mr. Marino.", Easton said coldly, stressing on 'my sister'.

Vince stiffened a little and realized that he had to let go.

He loosened his hold and Easton gently picked her up into his arms.

None of the brothers took a step towards her as they knew they wouldn't be able to let her go.

Kris looked on tense as she hadn't realized before that Angelina had fainted.

As soon as Easton walked to her, she gently tapped Angel's cheek, but there was no reaction.

"We should leave.", Easton said calmly and Kris nodded.

Easton glanced at the Marinos and turned around to leave.

"Get her checked by a doctor before leaving, Mr. Reece.", Vince said.

Easton stopped in his tracks at that.

The man was still worried about his sister and yet he was sending her away.

Easton clenched his jaw at the thought.

No matter what the reason is, they were hurting Angelina and Easton wouldn't accept it.

"Let's go, Kris.", he said and walked away.

Vince looked on with a heavy heart.

He never imagined there would come a day when he had to let go of his sister.

Aurelio and Theo stared at the direction in which Easton walked away.

Both of them felt a mountain of guilt and regret for planning the trip.

They would never be able to forgive themselves.

Dylan, Fio, the twins and Luce were angry at their helplessness and completely distraught at the turn of events.

However, the elders were a different story.

They were relieved that the girl finally left.

Kris was walking behind Easton, but stopped and turned around.

When she was sure Easton was out of the door, she glared at the Marinos.

"So this is how far your love for your sister goes, Mr. Marino?", Kris asked, looking at Theo angrily.

He looked at her with pain swirling in his eyes.

"What are you still acting for? If you had loved her as much as you claimed to, you would understand the pain she'll go through due to your betrayal. Stop acting, it's disgusting.", she said in disdain.

She then looked at the elder Marinos who were looking at her in anger.

"People who hate on a kid for whatever the nonsensical reasons they have are worse than scum.", Kris said sharply, glaring coldly at the elders with a look of disgust.

Over the past few minutes, she had completely lost even a little ounce of respect she had for them as humans as she noticed how relieved they looked with how much Angel was hurting.

People like them always disgusted her.

Riccardo and Donatello looked at the woman coldly, whereas Nina and Bianca glared at her.

Kris turned around and walked away, unable to bear the atmosphere of the family anymore.

"Good riddance!", Bianca exclaimed with a sigh.

Dylan punched the wall and walked away angrily.

Ash walked out with car keys in hand.

Ace followed his twin.

Luce walked to his room gloomily.

Vince, Aurelio, Theo and Fio stood rooted to their places, each of them immersed in their own guilt, pain and anguish.

"Finally, everything will fall into place. I'm relieved.", Nina said with a smile.

None of the brothers paid them any attention.

Just then, a nurse came to them.

"Mr. Marino, your sister is gaining consciousness.", the nurse informed.

Vince and his brothers stiffened.

They would have to find a way to reveal the truth to Arianna.

Things were only going downhill for the Marinos!

********************************************************************************************

Phew! That was a very long chapter!

How was the chapter?

Angelina left! 😭

What do you think about Vince's decision and his reason? 

Do you think the brothers should have gone against Vince and fought with him?

What do you think about Kris's comments and impression about the Marinos?

Precap : Aria wakes up and the elder Reeces' time to face the truth.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Yours lovingly, 

Author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 56.1K 132
When two completely separate paths cross by mistake or was it Fate. their meeting may have changed the way their lives plan out forever. Ambitious E...
347K 8.3K 25
Adriana Baresi spent her life growing up with her mother and step-father. But one day her step-father goes overseas for deployment and never came bac...
33.6K 656 22
Celestine was worried that after 10 years of living in misery in the end there really was no one to save her . At age 15 she was starting to give up...
156K 4K 29
After being switched at birth, Aria Walker the lost mafia princess daughter of Alexander and Mila Volkov, found herself stolen and replaced in her fa...