Roller Skate || Alex Gaskarth...

By thedreamerswritings

In which a boy and a girl of polar opposites begin to connect over vinyls, cassettes, roller discos and danci... More

Part I: Autumn
Chapter 1: First Impressions
Chapter 2: Exits And Entrances
Chapter 3: Roller Rinks And Awkward Encounters
Chapter 4: Bronze Coins At The Bottom Of An Empty Jar
Chapter 5: Bruises
Chapter 6: Carousel
Chapter 8: The Midnight Quest For The Cat In Distress
Chapter 9: Sunny Side Up
Chapter 10: The Adventures Of Stella And The Two Explorers
Chapter 11: Fistfights And Nosebleeds
Chapter 12: Kisses Like Cookies
Chapter 13: The Rocky Road Of Friendship
Chapter 14: High Climber Gaskarth
Chapter 15: Protection Is The Key Word
Chapter 16: The Underground
Chapter 17: Heavy Metal Moshers
Chapter 18: The Mistake Of The Scarlet Poppy
Chapter 19: Monday
Chapter 20: Empty Basement Banter And An Apology
Chapter 21: Mr.Barakat And The Talk
Chapter 22: The Rush Of It All
Chapter 23: Falling Into Place
Part II : Winter
Chapter 24: Broken, Beaten And Defeated
Chapter 25: Missing
Chapter 26: Who's To Blame?
Chapter 27: Two Seconds Too Late
Chapter 28: Just Go
Chapter 29: Too Much
Chapter 30: I'll See You Soon
Part III: Spring
Chapter 31: The Twentieth Letter
Chapter 32: Dear Kit
Chapter 33: Homecoming
The Letter Lost Beneath The Waves
Chapter 34: Cam's Story
Part IIII: The Return Of Autumn
Chapter 35: Goodbye
Epilogue
Authors Note (Because It's A Tradition)
Bonus Chapter: The Long Walk Home

Chapter 7: Tuesday

1.2K 60 82
By thedreamerswritings

Kit

She woke up with a smile on her face, which was a first for her. She felt light, her legs aching, but her mind spinning with a dizzy happiness as the memories from last night flooded her like a tsunami.

Euphoric.

She felt euphoric.

She pinched her eyes shut, remembering how her and Alex had skated around the rink together, hand in hand, yelling out lyrics that she couldn't quite remember anymore.

Alex.

A unfamiliar feeling washed over her body.

Alex had been different last night.

A good different.

His eyeliner had looked attractive instead of looking scary, making him look dark and interesting. His leather jeans were somewhat, cool under the purple and blue hazy lights.

Last night, she saw a side of Alex that she wanted to get to know a little better.

She jumped out of bed (five minutes before her alarm), frantically threw on a red miniskirt and a white jumper, tying her hair up in a ponytail like Sandy's from Grease, threw on her skates and left the house in a hurry.

The autumn air kissed her face, making her shiver, cursing herself for not bringing her scarf, when suddenly, a black cat dashed out in front of her, nealry making her topple over as it darted past her.

Mr.Tibbs.

"Mister Tibbs no!" she yelled, regaining her balance and skating after him, strings of incoherent words flowing from her mouth and into her quiet estate.

The cat continued to sprint, and she realised he was chasing something.

"Stupid cat." she grumbled as she brushed some loose strands of hair from her sweaty forehead.

Mr.Tibbs disappeared around the corner, and she cried out in frustration.

"Great." she sighed.

"Great."

~

Alex

He was buzzing on the way to school that day, which was a first for him. Stella was up and running again, and he was over the moon to have her back.

Her engine still sounded unhealthy, and she did still have a tendency to break down, but that wasn't anything new, and on the bright side, her tyres were brand new and shining, as was the new coat of paint Gabe had used on her.

He smiled as Sweet Child O' Mine started to play. Memories of last night swirling in his head like a blizzard.

She's got a smile that it seems to me

Reminds me of childhood memories

Where everything

Was as fresh as the bright blue sky....

He started to air guitar as he stopped at a red light.

Then something hit his window.

He jumped, startled, and then saw an egg splattered on window.

Anger washed over him.

Not again.

He rolled down the window, only to see Drew and his cronies sniggering from the other side of the road. The only one who didn't look too happy was Zack, who was shifting from foot to foot, his hands jammed into his Marigold High baseball jacket.

"Do you mind?" he yelled out the window, a scowl on his face.

Drew laughed arrogantly.

"What? We were just giving your pile of junk a better look." he said innocently as he held up the twelve pack of eggs.

"Fuck off." Alex growled, giving Drew his middle finger, and Drew's face turned sour. He wasn't used to Alex standing up to him.

"You better watch it Gayskarth, or
else--"

But Alex never heard what else the buffoon had to say, because at that moment, the lights turned green, and he sped off, leaving Drew and his jocks in the dust.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh Sweet Child O'Mine!" he sang victoriously as he parked Stella a couple of blocks away from the school.

Just in case.

~

Kit

"What's up?"

"Huh?"

"Don't 'huh' me, Kit Parker. Spill, now."

"What on earth are you on about Cam?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that you haven't stopped grinning like a fool since we got in?"

"I'm just happy. Is that a problem?"

"You hate Tuesdays, Kit. Double English today. You're usually super grouchy-"

"I am not!"

"There. That sounds more like you on a Tuesday. Something happened last night, didn't it?"

"No, nothing happened, Cam, shut up."

"Fine. I'll leave it up to you to tell me in your own time."

"Cam, for the last time, there's nothing to tell!"

She slammed her locker and put her hands on her hips.

"Just drop it, okay?" she snapped, and he actually had the nerve to smirk at her.

"Now that sounds more like Kit." he said, and she roller her eyes at him before he swung a lazy arm around her and they headed for double English together.

They were the last two to arrive in the dingy little classroom (nothing new there) but today, Mr.Tight Trousers wasn't there, tapping his foot impatiently and asking them why they were late. Today, Mr.Tight Trousers was nowhere to be seen, and on the board was work for them to do in his absence.

"Sweet! It's a a free double class!" cheered Cam as he beamed around at the chaotic classroom.

Only Alex sat quietly at his desk, scribbling frantically, his tongue poking out of his mouth slightly, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

Cam snorted beside her as he slid into her seat, indicating that ahe should sit beside him instead of sitting beside Alex.

She sighed, too tired to argue with him any further, and sank into Penelope's seat (not that she noticed because she was in the next seat playing tonsil tennis with Stoner Steve).

"So you're telling me that you did nothing last night? That you're just happy for no apparent reason?" asked Cam, looking at her wearily.

Kit dug her nails into her palm, suddenly aware of Alex being so close that he could probably hear their conversation.

"Yes. I legitimately did nothing last night, Cam." she said, using all her inner power to create the biggest lie ever.

If Cam knew about Alex and her roller skating, she knew he wouldn't be impressed. Actually, he'd probably give her the silent treatment all day until she apologised and promised him a chocolate milkshake out of Sam's Diner.

Cam was a diva like that.

"My mom called." she said suddenly, using that as her escape card. Usually when her mom called, it made her feel the happiest person on earth.

Unfortunately, the calls were nearly extinct, but it seemed like a perfect little white lie to tell Cam.

After a few moments of silence, Cam's skeptical look disappeared and an understanding fell over his freckled face.

Eureka, she thought to herself.

"Is she good? Work busy as usual?" he asked as he tapped his pen in off the desk.

"I guess." she choked out, feeling sensitive about the whole topic of her mom.

Cam sensed this and dropped it, but just as she thought she was safe....

"She's lying you know."

Kit nearly fainted.

Alex had suddenly stopped scribbling and had turned his attention to her and Cam, and he didn't look impressed either.

God, if she wasn't hurting Cam, she was hurting Alex.

"And how would you know that?" demanded Cam, his eyes narrowed and his voice icy.

Alex smirked.

"Because she was with me of course." he said softly, turning his warm hazel eyes to her.

"We were skating in the Rink last night;" he said, his eyes wide as he thought of the blur of last night.

"Together." he finished, his eyes now shining at her, like a million constellations twinkling at her, so full of hope and wonder.

Cam looked horrified at the very idea of them skating together, and he whirled around to her, his eyebrows creased.

"Is he serious? Tell me he's not serious Kit!" he yelled (a bit too loudly for her liking).

"N-No." she stammered, and Alex gave her a confused look.

"He's lying. I'd never skate with a creep like him." she choked out and suddenly Alex's confused expression turned to the saddest expression that Kit had ever seen in her entire life.

He wasn't angry. Why wasn't he angry? Why wouldn't he just yell at her to stay away from him?

Cam, on the other hand, had a wide and satisfied grin on his face, completely eating up her horrible lie, and he slung an arm around her, acting like he owned her.

"Watch it Gaskarth. You won't get anywhere with your tall tales of skating with girls in roller rinks." he said, his nose in the air.

Kit shrank against Cam as Alex gave her a crestfallen look before turning back into his desk and starting to scribble miserably into his notebook once again.

She swallowed, and shook Cam off, and he opened his mouth to complain, but she gave him a look and he knew not to argue.

And for the first time ever, Kit opened her notebook and started to silently take down the questions from the English board as Cam started to talk to Drew behind him.

~

Alex

"Are Cam and Kit.....a thing?" the question tumbled out of his mouth beside he could stop it.

Penny snorted.

"I think that's what Cam wishes. Seriously, for most of his life, that boy has been chasing her around like a lost puppy. She's just too dense to see it."

Alex nodded soberly, trying to digest the information quickly.

"Right. So....they've never dated? They've just go this unrequited love thing going on?" he asked.

Penny nodded.

"Kind of like Maud Gonne and Yeats to be honest."

Alex nodded and drifted his gaze back to the courtyard, only to find Kit staring over at him, Cam by her side.

He looked away sharply, and decided for once, not to wave.

He wasn't sure of he wanted to have anything to do with Kit Parker ever again.

~

a/n: poor Alex! :(

I really have nothing to talk about.

Except that I'll finally get my hands on a laptop in about two days,

HALLELUJAH!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 1K 15
One day, The Umbrella Academy kids are send on a Mission to get another one of the 43 children that were born on the 1st October 1989. They find a sm...
110K 2.3K 104
Y/n was experimented on in Sokovia with her siblings Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. She got both of her siblings powers and is more powerful than both of...
21.4K 706 22
{Book Two in the Avengers x Reader series} The Secretary of State wants the Avengers to be held accountable for the destruction left after battling...
17.6K 253 6
β€’ look in my eyes, i will never desert you β€’ A collection of oneshots starring you and your favourite Johnny Depp characters! [REQUESTS OPEN]