As His World Changed (MxM)

By PSophieB98

"What type of creature?" "We are the ones who suffer from lycanthrophy or what you call half man, half wolf... More

Before you read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 28

424 23 4
By PSophieB98

Niel stormed out of the bedroom and stomped his way through the packhouse. He wasn't trying to be sneaky, he could care less if anybody saw him leaving. He would come back when he knew his mother was safe and sound.

Of course, his stampede wasn't left unnoticed. The Delta, Ezra, immediately informed the Alpha about the strange behavior of his mate. Atlas was already planning on checking in with Niel. He wanted to know how the teenager would use his new freedom.

Both werewolves made their way outside, it was where Niel last was seen. Atlas looked around and saw his mate in the distance nearing the cars. "He's going to regret this," He spat as if the phrase was a curse.

Within mere seconds Atlas stood in front of Niel, who was just trying to enter one of the cars. "You disappoint me greatly," The Alpha growled. He grabbed Niel's arm and pushed him further away from the car.

"I wasn't-"

"Sure you weren't. The second I give you some of your freedom back you use it against me. The second I gave it to you!" Atlas was enraged. His anger blinded him. The Alpha didn't notice the tears that were streaming down his mate's face.

"Ezra bring Othniel to our room and make sure to take his phone." Atlas then turned to Niel. "Go with Ezra, now!" The Delta made his way over to the teenager and signaled him to start walking.

"No, I am not going."

"Your Alpha just gave you an order, now walk," Ezra hissed. He had it with the stubborn teenager. He did nothing but create problems for his Alpha.

Niel had it too with the Delta, he was his biggest hater. "What is your deal?!" He screamed.

Ezra who always tried to be composed always listened to his Alpha finally lost it too. "You filthy humans are making me sick. First, you kill us and now you are making problems for our Alpha. You, humans, don't know anything about living together. You are greedy and arrogant and most of all dangerous! You have no appreciation for life... your kind killed my mate and I will never forgive the humans for that. Alpha Atlas deserves a much better mate."

Everybody was quiet, none of the pack members could ever predict their Delta would voice out his thoughts as he was a good follower of commands. Everybody knew Ezra would always put the pack first then himself. Even when his mate died Ezra was soon back into his function as Delta.

"Well, I hate humans too! I was often ignored, bullied, or beaten. It was my father and others who pushed my brother to kill himself, it was my father who beat me, and they were all humans. And it was my father again who beat my mother so badly she is in a hospital right now!" Niel let out a huff and turned toward Atlas. "And that is why I was leaving. I wanted to see my mother, but I would have come back if you just let me explain it. I am sorry I didn't come to you first. I was upset."

"I am sorry about your mate. I want you to know that I condemn what the humans did to your kind. And that I will never, ever take their side." Niel lowly said to the Delta.

It was the Beta who broke everybody up and send them away until only Atlas, Niel, and Ezra were left. "How about we take this inside?"

"No, I need to go," Niel stated.

Atlas sighed. "I really disapprove of how you handled this Niel, but fine. On the condition that I join you." The teenager could agree to that.

Five minutes later the Alpha couple was on their way to the hospital. Niel felt anxious. He had no idea what his mother's condition was. But he was also anxious about Atlas. He had screwed up and let his emotions get the best of him. He should have known better by now.

"I am sorry, Atlas. I should have said something to you. I am really sorry... Even though I miss my sister and mother dearly, I know my life is here with you and I won't leave that. I have made peace with that... And to be honest I don't think I can live without you." Niel's cheeks turned red and Atlas couldn't help but smile. "Anyhow I can't just cast away my family."

The Alpha sighed and his body relaxed with it. He had been tense, driving toward the hospital but hearing those words made him feel lighter. "I understand, love. Just tell me the next time." Atlas reached for Niel's hand and held it until they arrived at their destination.

The closer they got to the hospital the more anxious Niel felt. He was afraid he might have seen the message too late and his mother was already discharged from the hospital. Or his mother was in such bad shape she still had stay in the hospital.

Upon entering Niel made a b-line toward the receptionist in the foyer of the hospital. "I am looking for Camilla Johnson."

The receptionist kept on typing on her computer and slowly turned around when Atlas made his appearance behind the counter. It was as if this woman lived in slow-motion, even her chewing of her piece of gum was slower than that of a cow chewing grass. Niel grew impatient.

"What was the name?" The receptionist asked in a nasal tone. Atlas was already done with his woman. In his head, he had smacked her head against the counter and made three threats already. But he knew he had to behave.

"Camilla Johnson," Niel gritted out.

Again the receptionist slowly typed on her keyboard. "Acquaintance or family?"

"Family."

"I will need some form of identification," She responded bored.

The teenager sighed, this was taking too long. "Why?"

"Because my computer says so."

Niel looked panicked at Atlas. He had no idea where he had left his ID card. He couldn't even remember when he saw it last. The Alpha, on the other hand, stayed calmed and reached for his wallet. He took two cards out of it, one of them Niel recognized as his ID card.

"Here," Atlas put them down with so much force the counter shook. "I am his boyfriend," He added before the receptionist would start an agonizing slow argument. She gave a disapproving look. However, she kept her thoughts to herself and didn't comment.

"She is in room 1306. Third floor and then go to the left. You can't miss it," The receptionist explained again in her nasal, bored tone.

Atlas took the ID cards from the counter and led himself and Niel to the elevator. "How come you have my ID card?" Niel asked lowly.

As they entered Atlas replied, "I will tell you later." Niel nodded his head and then let the question rest. He tapped his foot as he thought he was in the slowest elevator on this planet. Atlas put his arm around his mate's shoulder. "It's going to be alright."

The teenager wasn't so sure about that but again let it rest. First, he needed to see his mother. He should have known sooner, he should have thought of a way to keep an eye on his mother and sister. Niel felt like he failed. Failure. Failure. Failure. Those were the words that kept ringing in his head.

When the doors finally opened the teenager dashed out of the elevator. His eyes darted over the room numbers. Then almost at the far, left end, he saw room 1306. The door was open and he could already see his mother in a hospital bed.

Camilla was in a bad shape. She had a busted lip, a black swollen eye, fractured ribs, a broken arm, and a concussion.

Niel's chest started to burn, his cheeks flushed and he clenched his jaw. Anger wasn't even near what he felt. He was enraged. Atlas put his hand on the teenager's shoulder, trying to calm him down. "You don't want your mother to see you like this. Trust me. Take a couple of breaths and when you feel calmer that's when you enter."

The teenager took his advice and took two deep breaths before entering. Carefully he made his presence known to the room. When there was no reaction from his mother he noticed she was sleeping. He took her hand in his and gave her a small kiss on her forehead.

Niel sat down on the chair standing next to the bed. "I will be outside if you need me," The Alpha whispered and planted a kiss on his head. The beeping of the heart monitor was the only thing heard in the hospital room. It calmed the teenager down, the sound assured him his mother was still alive and well.

A gasp got Niel out of his trance. He turned around and saw his younger sister Arabella standing in the doorway. "Othniel?" The young girl was so shocked to see her brother that she needed to check if it was really him. "Oh my god, please tell me I am not dreaming," She muttered.

Niel stood up and engulfed his sister in a hug. He could see the tears in her eyes. "You are not dreaming, Bella." The teenager noticed how his sister clung to him desperately.

Atlas quickly peeked around the corner to check if Niel was in any danger. Even though the girl didn't seem like a threat he still needed to be assured. What he saw surprised him. He had never seen Niel in such a caring and protective way. It made him feel proud. The Alpha could see why his Moon Goddess had chosen Niel as his future Luna.

"I am so sorry. I am so, so sorry," Arabella kept repeating in her brother's chest.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Bella. I feel like this is my fault-"

"No, no, no. You don't understand..." Niel grabbed his sister by her shoulder and pushed her gently back. His face softened. He could see tears streaming down her face. Carefully he wiped them away. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"I-I was talking to mom about this boy I liked at school. I was scared she would disapprove, but I just can't lie to mom." Niel understood. He had a harder time lying to his mother than to his father if he could lie at all. He had always been a bad liar.

"But she was totally fine with it. She did give me certain warnings but mom approved. I was so happy. We kept on talking and because of our enthusiasm we didn't hear dad coming in. He went mad when he found out about the boy, but he turned berserk when he noticed mom approved. I was sent upstairs but I remained close so if something happened I could run to mom..." More tears ran down Arabella's cheeks. "And then dad started to blame everything on mom. How it was her fault that both her sons were born wrong. She, of course, defended you and that's when dad lost it." Niel consoled his sister.

"I was too late Niel, mom was already laying on the floor. I tried to come in between but I was scared. I was a coward! If I had come in between, mom wouldn't be laying here!"

Niel's eyes widened. "No, don't think like that, Bella. It's not your fault, it's father's."

Arabella sighed. She took a couple of steps back and faced her brother. "Yeah, I guess you are right... We need to leave, Niel. The police have their suspicions, but dad is good friends with the deputy Sheriff, Mr. Flint. They will never arrest him."

The teenager's heart sank. He knew that leaving this town was the best solution for his mother and sister. However, their leaving meant that he couldn't visit them casually anymore. He had hoped if he earned Atlas' trust he could just take the car and visit them.

"Why are you looking so sad? I thought you already had left his town." Arabella asked confused. Her eyes scanned her brother's face for answers.

"Oh, wait, you meant by 'we', mom, you, and me?"

"Yes, of course." This was when Atlas felt alarmed. Arabella might be his mate's sister, but Niel belonged to him. He stood up from his chair and made his presence known to the room.

Arabella turned around and asked, "Who are you?"

"He is with me," Niel shot Atlas a look. The Alpha needed to back off, Niel wouldn't leave him.

The girl's shoulders slumped. "Oh, I see. It's okay Niel."

"What do you mean?" The teenager quirked up a brow.

"I mean that I can see you have already established a life somewhere. It's okay big brother," Arabella winked. "Mom and I will be fine... Just text me back, you big oaf!" She pointed her finger toward her brother.

"I will, but are you sure you will be fine?" Niel felt torn. He wanted to stay with his mother and sister to help them, but he had already other responsibilities.

"We will, you know, women can be strong and independent too."

"I know, but..."

Arabella pulled Niel into a hug. "It's fine, we will be fine."

"Why does this feel like a goodbye?"

"Because it is, your friend over there is sitting on hot coals over there. He wants to leave and it's fine. I am glad you came." Niel glanced over to Atlas and saw his sister was right.

"But-"

"It's fine," Arabella dragged out. "I will let mom know you visited. Just make sure to check your phone once in a while."

Niel pulled his sister in another hug and hold on to her tightly. "I love you," He murmured.

"Love you too." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 17.5K 47
-COMPLETE-(BxB) It was just supposed to be a simple camping trip. It was supposed to be a time where Aiden could take some time out and get away fro...
197K 6.8K 28
Branson Williams, it's his last year in school, and he finds out who his mate is this year. He is openly gay, so he's not surprised when his mate tur...
277K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
139K 6.1K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...