The Assassin In Twisted Wonde...

By azumaharu070301

Tokaku Azuma is a 17-year-old teenage girl who was raised in the Azuma family, a family with an ancient assas... More

Introduction
Prologue
The Deadly Girl
Contract
Became A Part of Octavinelle
First Day As ....
Unique or Curse
Her Life Now
That boy...
Octavinelle chapter: Rebellious Encounter
School Business and The Truth About Eurus
Anything of their orders for her desire
Tempting Lure
Temporarily Relief
The Dangerous Fellow
Spine Gold!
Knowledge Squeeze- Episode 19 of Chapter 3
Jolting Electrification- Episode 22 of Chapter 3
Contract Dissolution
Melancholy of the Black Sea
Erasing the Past
So We Settled
Museum Travelogue
Identity Revealed
Dealing with Weirdness
Schemer of the Scandling Sands
Schemer Of The Scandling Sands
Schemer of the Scalding Sands
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Staying Discreet
Cunning Mellow- Episode 20 of Chapter 3
Schemer of the Scalding Sands:Thwarted by Heart
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Setting the Bait
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: All Caught on Stream
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: A Scathing Retort
Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Aquatic Support
Concern One to Another
Feelings Long Held
Scarabia Conclusion
Friends
A Day Without Tokaku
Dealing With The Sulking Floyd
Hard to Let Go Of It- Part 2 Of Dealing with the Sulking Floyd
We're Good Now- Final Part Of Dealing with the Sulking Floyd
I'd Join You
Happy Birthday Tokaku Azuma And Azul Ashengrotto
Only Beauty Kidnapped The Ugly Ones
Watch your Attitude
Day One at Pomefiore
Dormmates or Friends
Cannot Deny
Bump At Midnight
Think Creatively
Lake Where We Converse
A Morning Blueprint- Episode 26 of Chapter 3
A Pharmacy Project
A Medicine For The Heart
Return At Last
They Like Each Other
A New But Familiar Mentor
While Tokaku Was Unconscious
The Mentor
A Birthday Gift for Jade
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Students
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Octavinelle Vice House Warden
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Octavinelle Vice House Warden - part 2
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Pomefiore Student
The Assassin, The Mentor and The Savanaclaw
The Assassin and The Octavinelle Vice House Warden
The Assassin, The Pomefiore Student and the Octavinelle Vice House Warden
The Assassin, The Octavinelle Vice House Warden, The Diasomnia Vice House Warden
The Assassin, The Octavinelle Vice House Warden, The Pomefiore Freshman
The Octavinelle Vice House Warden and The Mentor
The Mentor, Assassin and School Staff
The Bad News and The School
The Merman and His Family
The Mentor and The Assassin
Happy Birthday Tokaku 2th Anniversary
The Plan
The Lovely Reunion
A Cruise Day
Cruise Date
Off the Cruise
The Ghostly Aunt And Her Niece
The Ghostly Aunt And Mother

Would you like to Join Me?

302 11 1
By azumaharu070301

It was just an ordinary Friday, following the usual routine. As our assassin girl made her way to class, she was called over by her fellow buddies. After exchanging morning greetings, the girl engaged in a conversation with the two males.

Epel: So, how are things between you and Floyd? Are you two still arguing?

Tokaku: Don't worry. We've resolved our issues and things are better now.

Jack: That's great to hear. So, everything is back to normal in your life?

Tokaku: It seems like you're quite concerned about me. But to answer your question, everything is back to its usual state, except for something that happened this morning.

Jack: What happened? Tell us!

Tokaku: Well... After having breakfast, I went to wash my dishes in the kitchen. And then...

# Throwback

In the Mostro Lounge's kitchen, Tokaku was washing her dishes when suddenly, Floyd approached her from behind, trying to surprise her. However, the girl remained unfazed.

Tokaku: You can't surprise me, Floyd.

Floyd: Aww... (pouting) I wish I could've surprised you, Blue Shark.

Tokaku: Unfortunately, I could smell you sneaking up behind me, so I knew you were planning this.

While scrubbing her dirty plate with a sponge, two arms suddenly wrapped around Tokaku's shoulders and Floyd rested his head on her hair.

Tokaku: ?! Floyd?

Floyd nuzzled his head into the girl's hair.

Floyd: Your hair smells so nice and feels so soft. I wonder what shampoo you use.

Tokaku: Floyd, stop it.

But Floyd continued snuggling in her hair. Irritated, Tokaku picked up some water in her hand and sprinkled it onto Floyd's face.

Tokaku: Okay, that's enough.

Floyd: Ouch! (averts his face)

Tokaku: Now, take your arms off my neck.

Floyd: What if I don't?

Upon hearing his response, Tokaku finished washing her dish, cleaned her hands, and removed Floyd's arms from her neck. She walked away from him while he smiled mischievously behind her.

Returning to the conversation, Jack and Epel were left stunned and blinked their eyes in disbelief after hearing the girl's story.

Jack: Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Floyd wrapped his arms around your neck and snuggled in your hair?

Tokaku nodded.

Epel: (whispering) Unbelievable. It seems like a love story in the making.

Jack: So, that's what happened to you this morning?

Tokaku: Actually, there's more. After I left the kitchen, I told Jade about what happened with Floyd. He assured me that he would talk to Floyd about it. He said it calmly, but I could sense an underlying anger, which only I could feel.

As Tokaku described her morning encounter, her two buddies exchanged whispers and avoided making eye contact with her.

Jack: Do you think what Rook told us is true?

Epel: I'm not sure, but I'm starting to believe that there might be some truth to it.

Tokaku observed them with a raised eyebrow.

Tokaku: Are you two even listening to me?

Epel: Oh, no need to worry. We were simply discussing our respective club meetings today.

Jack: Absolutely, that's correct!

Tokaku: Ah, now I remember. This exceptional school has a curriculum that revolves around clubs and associations after regular school hours.

Epel: Speaking of clubs, which club did you join in your world, Tokaku?

Tokaku: Are you insinuating that an assassin school would have education focused on organizing and registering for clubs?

Epel: Oops, I forgot that your school is an assassin academy.

Jack: Well, on a serious note, what activities are included in your curriculum?

Tokaku: Since our school's motto is assassination, our curriculum program aligns with that. Typically, we engage in practice sessions on a battlefield-like platform, honing our skills in strength, speed, and dexterity to unleash our potential.

Epel: Could you elaborate on your activities?

Tokaku: Our activities include hand-to-hand combat, weapons combat, diving lessons, guidance on assassination methods, and other preparations related to our field.

Jack: 💧 Wow, your school truly delves into the art of assassination extensively, just as one would expect.

Tokaku: It's nothing new to me.

Epel: So, are you unfamiliar with the typical curriculum program?

Tokaku: I am aware of what clubs are like in my world, but since I'm currently in a magical world, I cannot say that I am familiar with the curriculum here.

Epel: In that case, Jack and I can explain. You see, Night Raven College offers a wide range of clubs, such as the Spelldrive Club, which I am a part of, the Track & Field Club, which Jack joined, and many others that cater to different passions and interests.

Tokaku: Sounds quite ordinary to me.

Jack: Well, it may seem ordinary because it's all about nurturing students' talents and passions.

Epel: So, if you were to choose a club, which one would you go for, Tokaku?

Tokaku: If I were to choose, I think I would opt for a combat-based club.

Jack: That's exactly what I had in mind for you, girl.

Epel: If you're interested in a combat-based club, then the Fencing Club and the Self-defense Club would be suitable options.

Tokaku: So, I can actually join those clubs?

Epel: Well, that's another matter. Given that you're the only girl in a school primarily designed for young male magicians, I hope my doubts are unfounded in this case.

Tokaku: Yes, you're not wrong about that. A girl in a club filled with boys—I imagine I might end up disrupting the club more than helping its members.

Jack: Hey, if you want a guy to support you in a club, I'm your guy if you join the Track & Field Club.

Epel: Jack, are you trying to recruit Tokaku into your club?

Jack: Absolutely, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Epel: Well, count me as the first guy to support Tokaku once she joins the Spelldrive Club!

Tokaku: Come on, you two. It's not like I can join a club without the headmaster's approval.

Epel: (laughs) We're just trying to uplift your spirits, girl.

Tokaku: Well, you'll have to try harder than that because you know I'm a boring girl who is picky about new experiences here.

Jack: Then we'll just have to find a way to uplift your spirits that is even more challenging.

Tokaku: Good luck with that.

Jack & Epel: You bet, we're up for the challenge!

Times had passed and it was already lunch break. Most of the learners at Night Raven College were starving and famished after a long period of studying. As usual, our assassin girl had to make a decision - whether to join her friends for lunch or her Octavinelle trio. This time, she chose to join Octavinelle's lunch group. She walked with her buddies until they reached the cafeteria, engaging in a pleasant chat along the way.

Jack: This is where we go our separate ways for lunch.

Tokaku: It's always the same routine.

Epel: Then, we'll catch up after break time.

Tokaku: If I see you guys after I arrive at class, it's a threat to your lesson.

Jack: Really? As far as I know, we're always in class before you. (sneer)

Tokaku: Well, get a move on then.

After their exchange, the two males and the girl went their separate ways. As her friends headed to the cafeteria, the girl took a step forward before suddenly catching a familiar scent approaching her from behind. The person called out her name.

Jade: Tokaku.

Tokaku: (turns) Jade.

Jade: Did you just arrive here?

Tokaku: Yeah. Where are Floyd and Azul?

Jade: They sent me a text saying that their classes ended late due to Coach Vargas adding an extra workout during their Flight Class. However, Azul suggested that we go for lunch without waiting for them.

Tokaku: So it's just you and me for lunch today?

Jade: Unfortunately, that's the situation. Shall we go to the cafeteria and grab our meals?

Tokaku: Nothing wrong with just the two of us.

They walked together to the cafeteria, lined up, ordered their meals, and found a table to settle down at. While enjoying their food, Jade asked a question.

Jade: Tokaku, right before I approached you, I saw Epel and Jack happily chatting with you.

Tokaku: They were explaining the different clubs available at school.

Jade: There's always a journey before reaching a goal. Did you ask them about it?

Tokaku: No, they mentioned that they have club meetings, so I inquired further.

Jade: Are you interested in joining a club, then?

Tokaku: I'm not particularly interested. However, I am determined to improve my physical abilities so that my skills don't lag behind.

Jade: Now that you mention it, I rarely see you involved in activities other than during physical education classes and your part-time job at the Mostro Lounge.

Tokaku: That's true. I've started to become bored, and I want to motivate myself and enhance my strength and agility. I detest the thought of my skills remaining at a basic level.

Jade: I understand where you're coming from. In that case, would it be alright if I suggest you join my club?

Tokaku: Your club? Jade, I was actually thinking of joining a combat club.

Jade: Oops, that's not what I expected. I had considered proposing that you join my club, but never mind, I'll put my excitement aside. After all, everyone has their own unique passions.

Tokaku: ... What's the name of your club?

Jade: Well... The name of my club is the Mountain Lovers Club.

Tokaku: Mountain Lovers Club? What exactly is that?

Jade: The Mountain Lovers Club is a club I established specifically for exploring nature in forests, hills, and mountains while appreciating their beauty.

Tokaku: Woah, I thought you were a merman who was accustomed to the ocean environment. What sparked your interest in opening such a land-based club?

Jade: If you're open to hearing my story, I'd be delighted to share it with you. The reason I started the club is because I have a fascination with land life. The differences in culture, environment, and the people themselves intrigued me. On my first day on land, able to walk on two legs, I came across a mountain that piqued my curiosity. When I learned that people on land enjoyed climbing mountains, my curiosity grew even stronger. I felt a desire to experience mountaineering myself. After trying it, mountaineering became a hobby of mine. So, when I enrolled at Night Raven College as a sophomore, I decided to open the Mountain Lovers Club to connect with others who share this interest.

Tokaku: How many members are currently registered in your club?

Jade: Right now, I'm the only member.

Tokaku: Wait, no one else has shown interest in joining?

Jade: It seems like my club is a bit different from the current trend of popular passions. Most students here are more interested in sports clubs like Spelldrive and Athletics. Those who prefer less physically demanding activities tend to join cultural clubs. Even though my club falls under the category of culture clubs, it's still relatively new and unconventional, particularly to those who are bored with land-based activities. As a result, it's just me as the sole member and club president.

Tokaku: Ohh, I see.

Jade: You mentioned wanting to improve your strength and skills. If you're interested in physical activities, I propose that you join me for mountain climbing this Saturday morning. What do you say?

Tokaku: ... I'll think about it and let you know.

Jade: I'll be waiting for your answer then.

Then, while they were enjoying their lunch, Azul and Floyd suddenly appeared at their table.

Floyd: Jade! Blue Shark!

Azul: Waiting for us for too long?

Jade: Not long enough, as we've only consumed a quarter of our nourishment.

Floyd and Azul sat at the table after placing their lunch on it. Now the table is complete with all four of them. They consumed their meals before the lunch break was over. After school, as usual, Tokaku went to work as a bartender at the Mostro Lounge. Once she finished serving up her order, it was finally her break time. However, the girl lost track of time as she wiped some glassware. Jade, who was cleaning the counter, glanced at the clock and noticed it was Tokaku's break time.

Jade: Tokaku, it is your break time now.

Tokaku: (glances at the clock) You are right.

Jade: Let me handle those glassware. You should go for a break before it is time out.

Tokaku: (nod) Alright.

Tokaku left the glassware to Jade and went for a break at the Octavinelle Lounge. As soon as she settled on the sofa there, the blue-haired girl let out an exhausted breath. She had been fatigued from working as a bartender, with dozens of customers coming into the campus restaurant and ordering special drinks. While she was sitting on the sofa, Floyd entered the lounge. It was his break time too. His eyes spotted Tokaku on the sofa right after he came in. With a grin and a smile, the messy teal-haired male approached her.

Floyd: Hey, Blue Shark! What are you doing? (immediately goes to sit beside her)

Tokaku: I am taking a break, as you can see.

Floyd: Really? I'm taking a break too.

Tokaku blinked, looking at the male.

Floyd: Hey, Blue Shark. I'm feeling weary right now, so I want to lie down on this sofa, but you're sitting here.

Tokaku: Go lie down somewhere else. You're not the only one who is exhausted and needs this sofa.

Floyd pouted.

Floyd: Okay, if you insist!

Suddenly, Floyd laid his head on Tokaku's lap. Tokaku reacted in surprise when he did so.

Tokaku: What are you doing?

Floyd: Well, since you refuse to move from this sofa, I'll just lay on your lap.

Tokaku: Floyd, are your eyesight blurred? My lap is not a pillow for you to rest your head on.

Floyd: It is now.

Tokaku: 💢💢💢 (POV: Stay patient...)

Floyd: Your lap is comfortable to rest my head on, Blue Shark.

Tokaku: Do I need to scream in your ear that my lap is not a pillow?

Floyd: ...

Tokaku: Hmm? Floyd?

Floyd: zzz

Tokaku: (POV: Is he asleep?! Was he really that tired to doze off?)

Watching the male snoring on her lap, the girl sighed.

Tokaku: (POV) What am I supposed to do now? My break time is going to be over in 10 minutes.

Sitting and thinking, suddenly, she received an idea.

Tokaku: Guess I need to text Jade to take care of his brother.

Tokaku pulled her phone from her pocket and typed a message to Jade urgently requesting him to come to the lounge due to an emergency situation. At that moment, Jade was standing at the bar counter when he heard the sound of a notification from his phone. Curious, he picked up his phone and discovered a message from Tokaku. The text read: "Your brother has caused some trouble for me. Please come to the lounge and deal with him." Alongside the message, there was a photo that popped up, displaying Floyd lying on Tokaku's lap. Shocked by what he saw, Jade immediately left the bar counter and made his way to the lounge.

As Tokaku finished texting Jade, her phone was snatched from her grasp by a hand.

Floyd: Who are you texting?

Tokaku: I'm texting Jade.

Floyd: Why are you messaging him?

Tokaku: I want him to intervene and get you off my lap.

Floyd: Why would you want that?

Tokaku: Because it's embarrassing.

Floyd: Why is it embarrassing for me to lay on your lap?

Tokaku: That's just how I feel. We're fortunate that everyone in this dormitory is occupied, otherwise, there could have been more people witnessing us like this.

Floyd: I see...

Floyd then lifted himself up and forcefully pushed Tokaku onto the sofa while he positioned himself on top of her.

Floyd: We really are lucky!

Tokaku: ?!

At that moment, Jade burst into the lounge.

Jade: Tokaku!

As soon as he entered, Jade's attention was drawn to the sight of his brother on top of Tokaku.

Tokaku: Jade?

Floyd: You're just in time, brother.

Jade: What's going on here? Floyd, what are you doing?

Floyd: Playing with the Blue Shark, as you can see.

Jade: What kind of game are you playing with our freshman friend?

Floyd: It's a game called "Snatch the Bait from the Fisherman." And in this game, Tokaku here is the bait.

Tokaku: I haven't been playing along with your game at all!

Floyd: Well, you have now.

Jade, feeling fury building up inside him toward his brother, approached Floyd.

Jade: Floyd, I demand that you get off of Tokaku this instant!

Floyd: Fine then! (gets up from Tokaku)

As Tokaku regained her composure, Jade approached her while kneeling down.

Jade: Are you okay, Tokaku?

Tokaku: I'm fine.

Jade let out a sigh of relief and then turned to his twin brother with a stern expression.

Jade: Floyd, what is wrong with you?

Floyd: Oh, I've just learned a thing or two about "snatching bait while scrambling with other mermen."

Floyd smirked at his brother, provoking Jade to respond with a glare.

Floyd: Alright, I'm off to work. You guys should get going too, you know.

The disheveled teal-haired male left the lounge, leaving Jade and Tokaku alone. After Floyd had departed, Jade directed his attention back to Tokaku to check on her.

Jade: Tell me, what did he do to you?

Tokaku: Just as you witnessed when you walked in.

Jade: Why didn't you push him away? Why didn't you react?

Tokaku: Jade, he suddenly pushed me onto the sofa, and for a moment, I was caught off guard when he ended up on top of me.

Jade: You should have pushed him away. Why couldn't you do that? What was going through your mind in that moment?

Tokaku: Why are you suddenly angry with me?

Jade: ?! ... Oh, my goodness. I didn't mean to get angry at you. I sincerely apologize for my outburst.

Tokaku: Forget it, Jade.

Tokaku angrily stood up from the sofa, feeling upset, and walked away from the lounge. Jade watched her leave, filled with a sense of sadness and guilt as he regretted his overwhelming reaction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 46.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 55.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
7K 116 21
(Y/n) left abroad over seas to study more into dueling but when she came back her crush yuya, yuto, yugo, and yuri all changed to the dark by somethi...
62.3K 2.3K 14
Y/n is hilise's maid and caregiver since hilise was born, y/n always protects and loves hilise like a mother.Hilise loves y/n too but she never tells...