The Legacy of Cole MacGrath

Από LinxHax

On another typical day in Empire City, a bike courier, Cole MacGrath, is delivering a package that would chan... Περισσότερα

Pretext
Prologue
Chapter 1: Cole MacGrath
Chapter 2: Terrorist
Chapter 3: Moya Jones
Chapter 4: Dead Drops
Chapter 5: Blood Trail
Chapter 6: High Ground
Chapter 7: Mind Games
Chapter 8: The Rescue
Chapter 9: Nemesis Revealed
Chapter 10: Trish Reaches Out
Chapter 11: Dinner With Sasha
Chapter 12: The Warren
Chapter 13: Alden Strikes
Chapter 14: Anything for Trish
Chapter 15: The Arrest
Chapter 16: Alden in Chains
Chapter 17: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 18: The Ray Sphere
Chapter 19: Alden's Rampage
Chapter 20: The Price
Chapter 21: Vengeance
Chapter 22: Hunt for the Ray Sphere
Chapter 23: The Truth
Chapter 24: Leaving Empire City
Chapter 25: Breaking into New Marais
Chapter 26: Forward Momentum
Chapter 27: Lost and Found
Chapter 29: Wolfe Hunt
Chapter 30: Desperate Times
Chapter 31: Leading the Charge
Chapter 32: Saving Kuo

Chapter 28: Bertrand Takes Stage

9 0 0
Από LinxHax

When I get near St. Ignatius church, I see Bertrand reciting his speech to all those gathered.

I start to merge into the crowd to find Zeke.

I catch a bit of his speech as I do.

“Cole MacGrath. The Electric Man, The Demon of Empire City is here in New Marais. Now, I know I know. All these freaks in our city, something has to be done to them,”

I find Zeke and walk up next to him. He’s fake cheering.

“Yeah, go, Bertrand,”

“What’d I miss?”

“Basically, Bertrand’s been telling everyone that uhh…you’re the devil,”

“Sounds about right,”

Bertrand continues speaking.

“Our forefathers bled and died in defense of this city. When history called upon them to stand against the enemy! Did they cower? No! They fought! To the very last man,”

Zeke turns to ask me a question. 

“So, what’re we gonna do? There’s a lot of people here. You attack him in front of these people and it’d give you a bad image,”

“I don’t know, but we need to do something, otherwise he’s gonna kill Wolfe,”

Bertrand continues.

“My men, these fine young men, are the guardians of this city. They are all that stands between you and the freaks! With God as my witness, we shall hunt them down and destroy them all!”

Me and Zeke look at each other and shake our heads.

Suddenly, one of the pedestrians in the crowd yells out.

“Up there! Freaks!”

Everyone looks up, and standing on the catwalk of the stage is a humanoid monster with large claws extending from where its hands should be.

Bertrand backs away from the microphone and nods towards the militia.

The militia ready their guns.

I turn towards Zeke.

“Looks like this is our distraction,”

I run towards Bertrand, who’s heading off the stage.

When I set foot on stage a creature looks in my direction and makes a beeline for me. With little effort, I blow it back with a shockwave.

More creatures start to head for me and in all the commotion, I lost Bertrand.

“Damn it. I don’t have time for this,”

I gather energy in my hands and blast it outwards, sending all the nearby creatures flying.

Amidst the chaos, I hear Zeke yells out to me.

“Bertrand’s heading for his limo, you can still catch him!”

I run towards the street. 

Right when I get there, Bertrand steps into his limo. In all the commotion a powerline was knocked down. I start to grind on the line just as Bertrand’s Limo starts to speed off. 

The limo follows the bend around the church while the powerline leads to a rooftop. As I land on the roof, I run as fast as I can and jump off the building and land on the trunk of the limo.

The limo swerves from the sudden weigh but eventually stabilizes.

I take out my amp and break the sunroof to see Bertand sitting there.

I speak up.

“It’s about time you and I have a chat,”

“I’ve got nothing to say to you, freak. Especially after you caused damage to my car,”

“Cut the crap. You’re gonna take me to Wolfe. Now!”

Bertrand starts to chuckle.

“Oh ho.. If I were you, I’d be more worried about my head,”

Confused, I look up only to be met with the landing skid of a helicopter hitting me square in the face and flinging me off the limo.

While I’m in the air, I do a few flips and land on my back. My vision is heavily blurred as I struggle to get up. 

“Damn..”

By the time I regain my vision, the helicopter launches two rockets at me. I run in the opposite direction as the rockets explode behind me.

When I turn around, the helicopter seems to stare me down and I stare right back. 

I use my newly acquired kinesis to lift nearby cars and launch them at the helicopter. The helicopter tries to dodge them but fails and crashes into a nearby building, significantly decreasing its height. Taking this opportunity, I run and jump onto the helicopter just as it starts to rise back up. 

I lift myself up and look the pilot in the eyes, as the pilot looks back the color drains from his face. As I hang onto the helicopter, I lift my hand up and puncture the side of the helicopter, causing significant damage. I hop off the helicopter and land on the ground. I aim at the helicopter and launch one final blast, causing it to explode.

“Yeah! Hit me in the head again!”

Just then, I get a call from Zeke.

“Damn man, Kuo never told us this town was overrun by a pack of inbred shirtless crocodile freaks,”

“I know, it’s pretty cool right?”

“Oh, completely. Totally makes up for the Militia being here. And it gets even better, man, I think I might have stumbled onto a lead to Wolfe. Overheard some folks talking about a strange device they found down on Gaffney street,”

“Cool, I’ll give it a look,”

I hang up.

After a short walk, I arrive on Gaffney street. A huge crowd catches my attention. I run over and see what looks like a bomb attached to the side of a building.

The bomb is being powered by electricity. So, I drain it of it’s electricity, disabling it. The bomb starts to fall apart, revealing the blast shards powering it.

“Oh, bingo,”

I grab the blast shard and absorb it into my body.

I call Zeke.

“Hey, Zeke, looks like someone’s making bombs out of blast shards,”

“That’s all the more for you to collect, right?”

“Exactly,”

“So, just look out for more of those shard bombs, make you stronger,”

Zeke hangs up, then Kuo calls me.

“Hey, Cole, you know what, I hit up all my old connections, but the closest I’ve come to finding Wolfe is Bertrand’s interrogator. The guy’s currently winning it really big at Black Jack, but he should be visiting Wolfe later on. I would tail him myself, but he just hit on me at the bar,”

“Alright, send me the casino’s location. I can follow this guy from the rooftops, he won’t see me. People don’t look up,”

“Good call,”

Kuo hangs up and my phone pings. 

With that, I head over to the casino.

When I arrive at the casino, I climb up to the top and call Kuo.

“Alright, I’m in position above the casino. Let me know when our guy’s on the move,”

“Might be a while. He’s still doing pretty well at the table,”

“Well then, might get a little rest,”

I hang up and lay down.

My eyes drift close as I fall asleep.

Suddenly, I open my eyes to darkness. 

“The hell? Did I oversleep or something?”

I sit up and from behind me, I hear an echoey voice.

“Cole,”

I turn around and see John.

“John?”

“We’re friends, aren’t we?”

“Of course. You were there for me when others weren’t-”

“You trust me too, right?”

“Yeah. What’s wrong man? Wait, better question, why are you here? I thought you were dead,”

“When the time comes, I need you to trust me,”

After that, he starts to walk away.

“When the time comes? John!”

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Metallic Fulmine Από Scythe

Περιπέτεια

135 49 10
A man awakes from a daze inside of a prison cell, unaware of who where he is or how he got there. As he's waking up he's pricked by a needle with a l...
8.1K 144 11
"There's a difference between you and I, Austin. I am shit! I am going nowhere in life! I am stupid and worthless, no one looks at me without thinkin...
3K 51 9
Meet Cole Morrison. A typical jackass that only wants to take care of himself and no one else. Not even his little sister. So, in complete defiance o...
381 1 6
Kessler is gone, but the government is not going out without a fight and the last two conduits in the city are not going to surrender. Or should I sa...