Hockey, Scandals and a Babysi...

By GracieJxo

[18+] Dallas Tucker was a force to be reckoned with on the ice, he was the best of the best. Every coach want... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapte Two

1.6K 25 1
By GracieJxo

"Evangeline"

He was the only person that constantly called me by my full name and I hated it. It was the only word he had ever said to me and it made me hate my own name. He said it with almost a mocking tone, whether he meant it or not, it irritated the hell out of me.

"You not got eyes Tucker" I began to stand up only to be greeted with a hand in my face. I ignored it and pulled myself up using the wall instead. There was no way I was accepting help from him, I didn't need to seem weak in front of him.

"Same goes for you" His voice was deeper and rougher than I remember.

"Dick" I mutter pushing past him, I can't be bothered to deal with his lack of emotions right now.

Just as I got past him his hand shot out to grab my wrist and stop me in my movements. His eyebrows pull together as he studies the brace then moves his gaze up to fixate on the scar that runs from about an inch above my eyebrow through to the top of my eyelid.

"What happened to you?" His voice had something that I couldn't decipher but I didn't want to have this conversation with anyone, let alone Dallas.

Without saying another word I snatched my wrist out of his grasp and made my way back to the rink. Rather than sitting back up in the bleachers I decided to go and sit in the coach's box so I could watch more closely.

Jealousy coursed through my veins as I watched the players skate around, I wish I was out on that ice. The presence of the brace on my leg reminded me that doing that might never happen again.

Practice went on and I had seemed to have caught the eye of a few players who were nudging their buddies and pointing over to me. I rolled my eyes and distracted myself by playing on my phone. A two hour practice was way too long for me to sit through, I needed to be up and moving but there was nothing to do here.

The whistle finally blew and all the players made their way to the changing rooms and dad skated over to me.

"How you feeling Eva?" He gestured down to my brace and I just shrugged.

"Your wife is very persistent" Dad chuckled and ruffled his hand on my hair.

"I know honey, but it's in your best interest"

"Yeah yeah whatever"

He moved into the box and pulled off his skates changing back into his regular shoes and guided me out of the box. We walked down to the changing rooms and I looked up at him with a confused look on my face.

"You need to introduce yourself" I rolled my eyes but gently pushed open the door.

All the guys had their shirts off and I could feel the blush rising to my cheeks, they hadn't noticed me yet.

"Did you see the chick in the coaches box, fuck me man the things I would do to her" One of the players spoke out and I crossed my arms and ran my tongue across my teeth.

Dad moved behind me but I held a hand up to stop him, I wanted to deal with this. Zach turned around and his eyes bulged out of his skull as he saw me but then covered his laugh as he took in my expression.

"Those tits Monz honestly dude" Dallas' eyes flared with anger but before he made his way to the player I picked up a puck and chucked it towards the players back.

"Ow what the fuck"

All the players turned around and were met with me and my dad stood in the doorway. I could only picture my dad's face right now and it definitely wouldn't be a happy one.

The players face lit up bright red and I smirked.

"Please continue talking about my tits" The player lowered his eyes to the ground and I smirked even more.

"Not so loud anymore are you pretty boy"

Before I could humiliate him even more my dad spoke up.

"Boys this is Evie, my daughter" He sneered out the last part and rather than being bright red the player talking about me placed dramatically.

"Nice to meet y'all"

"She's going to be with the team for the rest of the season"

"Doing what?" Mich, or Richie, spoke up sitting down on his bench. He had a smile on his face and gave me a little wave showing that he remebered me.

I waved back before my attention turned to the biggest guy in the room. Dallas had his arms crossed against his chest and a frown set on his face making me smile.

"I'm his babysitter, so that you guys don't lose anymore sponsors" With that the whole changing room burst into laughter at their captain.

Dallas didn't go red like I had imagined him too but instead had a harsh glare on his features that was aimed towards me but that didn't scare me. I had grown a lot since being a teenager, I was confident and did not bow down to men no matter how scary they looked.

"This is no laughing matter boys, you all need to be on best behaviour. We've lost a sponsor we can't risk losing anymore. Any of you act up and it won't just be Dallas who has a babysitter" Dad calling me a babysitter made a giggle escape from my lips.

I guess that's my official job title now. I move my gaze back to Dallas and see that he is seething with rage, I give him a smile and a wave. He slams his locked door shut and storms into the showers leaving everyone quiet.

"Honestly this is why he needs a babysitter, throwing tantrums like a baby" I mutter but a few players heard me and laugh at my comment. I send a wave to the room before I leave my dad in there to do whatever coaches do.

"How'd the meet go?" Mum asks as I make my way out to the foyer of the building.

"It was alright, Tucker seemed less than impressed" I snort and mum smiles at me.

We idly chat as the players make their way out of the building. Dad was last to come out with an angry looking Dallas by his side.

"Coach come on I don't need a fucking babysitter"

"Well you can't seem to keep your dick in your pants so you do"

"What so she's just acting as a cockblock basically" I hide my face in my hands as I try to stop myself from laughing. I've been hired to stop a grown man have sex, that is hilarious.

"Just stick me with Wessy, he scares off girls"

"She's younger than me, I can't have someone supervising me who can't even drink" I roll my eyes at the adult baby in front of me.

"For you knowledge dick I'm nineteen so I can drink. How does it feel to have someone babysitting you who was born in a completely different millenium" Dallas looks like he wants to strangle me but all I can do is grin back at him.

"You two need to meet up tomorrow to go over the plans of this arrangement" After dad had told me what he wanted me to do I had come up with some ideas of how to help Dallas. I may not like the guy but if I'm asked to do something I do it properly.

"Fuck this" with that Dallas storms out of the building smacking the door against the wall on his way out.

"Well he's as grumpy as ever" I comment as we walk to the car.

My dad just sighs in response but I don't let that deter me from talking. I rambled aimlessly the entire way home and I could tell that my parents were bored of my voice so I went up to my room to call Indigo and fill her in.

After catching her up I received a message from my dad, it was Dallas's number. I saved it to my contacts then thought about where we could meet tomorrow. It needed to be somewhere where the paparazzi wouldn't find us because we don't need that rumour going around.

I thought for a moment before coming up with the perfect place. It was a little coffee house that was in the dodgier end of the city but Indigo and I go there all the time. They do the best coffee and everyone there is always really lovely.

Evie:
auntie anne's at 11am tomorrow

I sent the message then chucked my phone onto my bed as I pulled up a show to watch before I went to bed. It didn't take long before my phone buzzed, I picked it up and smiled at the name on the screen.

Grumps:
Who is this? And how do you have my number?

Evie:
woah proper punctuation and capital letters
really showing your age now

Grumps:
Evangeline I presume.

Evie:
ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Grumps:
We are not going to Auntie Anne's.
Whatever you want to discuss can be done over text.

Evie:
see you then grumps

I laughed to myself and turned my phone off so that I could focus back on my show. Once I got to the third episode my eyes grew tired and I fell into darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 40.3K 47
"Nolan..." I say as his lips meet my neck. He gently kisses up and down my neck. "Stop." I say. "You're not my boyfriend, stop acting like it." "Oh k...
374K 12.4K 60
𝖑𝖀𝖳𝖱𝖠𝖸𝖠𝖫 𝖲𝖀𝖱𝖨𝖀𝖲 #1 She pressed the knife deeper to my throat. I could feel the sting and blood beginning to trickle down my neck. "I ga...
32.5K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
554K 7.9K 17
//Higest ranking: #4 in princess// #1 in kind// #2 in alone// ...