The Sun and Her Moon- Remus L...

By bubblegumm1111

The story of two idiots who don't know how to talk about their feelings...... and their even more idiotic fri... More

And so our story begins....
In Which our Protagonist Begins her Adventure
Just a girl and her rabbit against the world
Annoying boys and creepy witches
She's onto us!
Aveline The Liar Rosier
Kiss and Tell
A Little Family Drama
Memories and Woes
Potter the Halloween Fanatic
The Wolf and The Rabbit
Oh November how you make my heart grey
Cinderella and Her Prince
Homecoming Sorrow
A Toast To The Happy Couple
As They Say- Never Meet Your Heroes
Mom Your Embarrassing Me!
I like to think we make an excellent pair
Can I go back to bed please?
Go Fish and Pillow Fights
Mr Casanova
Blushing Cheeks and Secrets
The Tales of the Emotionally Distressed
Oh Spring I adore you
Spring Fling
Don't turn on the lights
the trials of a bride
Am I a real girl or a barbie doll
The Slip Up
What can possibly tear us apart
Strange Talks
Young Love and Big Hearts
In the Sun we trust
Uh oh
Peter check the map!
Never have I ever been kidnapped ?
If we go down we go down together
Sleeping Beauty
No one likes a happy ending
And so the party begins
Is this a fever dream?
I Never Said I has Good Coping Mechanisms
Fake it till you make it
Matilda
Inheritance and weird men
The Story of the Woman of Helios
A Little Respect
August slipped away like a....
Am I growing up?
In which the cards fall
Some communication would be nice
The Minds A Dangerous Thing
Just a Normal Day
Does being crazy run in the family?
Friends :)
Little Miss Steal Ur Girl
what is this- a dog show ?
Smacks
Are We Nothing but Whispers?
Playboy bunnies and confused purebloods
To wear my heart on my sleeve, or bury it in my mind
ummm stfu
Merlin, can we get peace?
SHE SLEEPS ON SILK BED SHEETS
its all rainbows and sunshine
little
Alternative Dimensions and Hot Chocolate
Train Rides and Kisses
AAAAA
is it fate, or is it hormones
Life is a Tornado and we are just the wind
Sometimes We are Ass
Arent we Glad Her Parents Are Crazy
James's Big Day
Emotions are Too Much
Mother May I
Children or Spawns of Hell?
The ways of the heart
Letters and Lies
Meetings and birds
Wiplash
Around the corner
cookies and conversation
Flying Doves
Pranks from the grave
!!!!
Growing Pains
Peaceful Study Sessions
The final finals
To bigger and better
I'll die a happy man
Fun times :)
Midnight Chaos
Homecoming
Dots and Dust
Family Vacation
Dealing Cards
lets go
summer breeze
treehouses and kisses
White Dress
parties and brides
Cheers !
Lily WHAT
i can do it with a broken heart
And so the story really begins
Happy ending :)
Guilt always perseveres

James Potter Is WHAT?

770 26 2
By bubblegumm1111

Summer— the only time of year where it is acceptable for boys to walk around shirtless and sweaty the majority of the time. Which was a concept James Potter and Sirius Black were taking advantage of.

Both boys probably hadn't put on real clothes for the better part of the month, as the bliss August sun kissed their skin and made it dance with freckles and a soft glow. The majority of the time they spent was outside, doing everything they possibly could to make the most out of their last summer of being carefree idiots before they graduated from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

"You think I got a shot with Lily this year?" James asked Aveline, the boy dripping with sweat.

The three of them— James, Aveline, and Sirius— were on their brooms. Casually tossing around a quaffle like muggles do footballs, as they chatted. Aveline had her wild curls tied up at the top of her head, the girl wearing nothing more then a tiny tank top and shorts herself

"Hm," Aveline thought, as she tossed the ball to Sirius. "I think you do honestly. She really seems to be taking a liking to you."

She bit down the fact that her and Remus most definitely heard Lily bascially confessing her love for him last year. If Lily wanted to James to know that she'd tell him on her own terms. And by the amount of letters James was receiving this summer by the girl, it seemed the chances of that happening were very likely.

"What about you Av?" Sirius asked, throwing it at James. "Is this the year you and moony finally stop pretending you don't want to jump eachothers bones?"

Aveline rolled her eyes, and if her face wasn't already red from the sun her cheeks would've appeared blushed. Truthfully Aveline had never been more confused on where she stood with Remus in her life. She thought they were genuinely heading in that sort of direction, though nothing had progressed or changed. Certainly they spent a lot of time together, cuddling and holding eachother in ways friends certainly didn't, but that's it.

"Remus is a friend," she responded shortly, receiving the quaffle from James.

"Maybe a friend who you fu-"

"JAMES, SIRIUS, AVELINE— LETTERS ARE HERE!" Euphemia called from down below, waving three envelopes in her hand.

Happy that conversation got cut short, Aveline stuck her tongue out at Sirius before diving down to the ground rather quickly. Out of the three of them she had always been the best at extreme dives, and grinned when she saw them pull out before her in the corner of her eye.

"Merlin Aveline your going to break your neck one day!" Euphemia tutted shaking her head.

She merely giggled, dropping her broom down next to the boys as they headed in the house, making their way to the kitchen table. No matter how many times they opened letters, it always was equally as exciting.

The three of them ripping open their letters as if they were 11 year old first years, and not 17 year old seventh years.

"Merlin again," Sirius complained as he looked at the dreadfully boring author they were always assigned for Defence against the dark arts. "No use in even buying us that one Mia. We won't be reading it, will we James?" Sirius nudged.

Though for once in his life James was silent. His eyes wide as he stared at his letter as if something was wrong with it.

"Will we James?" Sirius tried again, nudging him the shoulder. "Merlin is he broken?"

"James what is your problem— motherfucker of merlin!" Aveline gasped as she leaned over to see what James was staring at.

This wasn't just James regular school letter. This letter was from Albus Dumbledore himself. And had a shiny head boy badge, stuck to the bottom.

"JAMES IS HEAD BOY!" She hollered at the top of her lungs, jumping out her seat with a wild grin. "JAMES IS HEAD BOY!"

"Let me see that," Sirius muttered snatching the letter out of James hand, thinking Aveline was just pulling some weird prank.

Though certainly, the letter was addressed to James Potter. Congratulating him on all his achievements and welcoming him as this years Head Boy.

Sirius seemed to have a similar reaction to Aveline, jumping up and letting out an excited holler. They seemed to be more excited then James, who sat there frozen as his parents were now reading the letter. Heads bent together.

"Merlin Dumbledore must really be off his rocker! This is wonderful!" Sirius exclaimed, thinking about all the stuff he could get away with now that James was Head Boy.

Once Euphemia and Fleamont were done reading the letter, both parents seemed genuinely shocked.

"Is Dumbledore sure about this one?" Fleamont asked, earning himself a smack on the arm from Euphemia. "Ow! I'm just saying we've probably received more letters about his detentions then there are owls in the world."

"James honey this is wonderful!" Euphemia said, rushing over to him and peppering his face with kisses. "You must be so proud— we're so proud!"

Though James still just sat there, with an expression on his face as if had just smelt something bad. Then ever so slowly he stood up, pushing his chair away from him.

"If you excuse me all, I need to go count my socks," James muttered with a distance expression, before leaving the room.

The room fell silent, all eyes on his retreating figure as he made his way up the stairs without saying anything.
____________

Two hours had gone by without James coming out his room. Euphemia and Fleamont both going up there to see if he needed anything, only to come back shaking their heads confused. He hadn't even opened the door for them, just telling them through the door he was exhausted and wanted an early night.

Eventually, Aveline stood outside his door, knocking softly only to met with nothing.

"Hey James it's Aveline, could I come in?" she called to him behind the door.

For a moment she thought he wasn't even going to answer, until with a soft click the door flew open. James was lying on his bed, curtains drawn as he stared up at the ceiling. She closed the door behind her, moving to sit in the edge of his bed.

"What is it?" she asked him.

He didn't say anything at first. His jaw clenched as he stared up at he ceiling. Though she could see his mind in deep thought, as if his eyes were in a different place.

"I don't deserve it," he finally said. "And don't say I do because I don't. I don't try in school, I've caused more trouble then anyone I know, I'm arrogant—"

"James," she cut him off instantly. "Dumbledore would've been daft not to consider making you head boy. Your near the top of our year, you have the biggest heart out of everyone I know, the entire school loves you and your bloody brilliant. If that's not head boy material, I don't what it is."

He suddenly sat up, turning his brown calculating eyes on her.

"Remus deserves it more," James stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "He's the prefect. I can't do this," he said suddenly, jumping up from his bed.

He was pacing now, running his hands through his dark hair.

"I'll write to Dumbledore, tell him to give it Moony-"

"James-"

"Moony must be heartbroken. He's the prefect, he's the one they should've made head boy-"

"Stop-"

"He deserves it more then I do, if he finds out I'm Headbody he's going to hate me."

"James don't be ridiculous," she cut him off, rising to her own feet and standing infront of him. She grabbed him by the shoulders so he would stop pacing. "You don't know Remus if you think he gives a shit about head boy. Remus would probably dread being the centre of attention like that. But you were made to be head boy. Your a brilliant public speaker and people love you."

James paused, rubbing his hand on his chin as if he was considering what she was saying. She was right of course, as Aveline usually was.

"You got to admit, it's pretty cool isn't it?" she said in a lighter tone, nudging him in the arm.

Ever so slowly a grin began to spread across his face. Till her wore his classic James Potter smile, that was so consuming it lit up the whole room.

"James Potter Head Boy," he whispered under his breath in a giddy tone, testing out how the words sounded.

If anyone was made of the role, it was James. There was something about James Potter that was so effortlessly charismatic, to the point where everyone either wanted to be him or be with him. He could make anyone laugh, even on their grumpiest days, and there wasn't a single person beside the Slytherin's who didn't like him. He could hold a conversation with anyone about anything and genuinely be entertaining. On top that he was most definitely one of the most effortless brilliant wizards in their year and the captain of the quidditch team.

He was practically made to the type of person who was a leader, even with his infinity for getting in trouble.

"James Potter Head Boy of the class of '78," Aveline repeated in awe, watching his face light up with pure happiness.

"You think I can do this?"

His voice was unsure, a stark difference then his usual confident swag.

Aveline nodded, reaching out and squeezing his arm.

"If anyone can do it, you can."
___________

The next days James seemed to snap back into his usual self. As well as throwing himself full force, into his role as Head Boy. He had bought a memoir form a previous head boy, and was studying it like it was the bible. He was counting how many ties he had, and suddenly acting like he was the Prime Minister of the country or something.  He even started styling his hair with Sirius's holding gel, practicing different ways to make himself look professional.

And as the cherry on top— as if James could not get any more happy— the head girl was Lily Evans. Which meant the two of them were now required to meet up a couple of times before the school year started to plan for the upcoming year.

It was the day of the first afternoon they were supposed to meet. Sirius, Aveline and Remus were lazing around his room as they watched him try on shirt after shirt, and comb his hair back a million times.

"What about this one?" James asked, coming out in a white shirt that looked exactly the same as the other twelve he had just tried on.

Aveline poked her head up from where it was lying on Sirius's lap. The black haired boy plaiting it with surprisingly nimble fingers. A cherry lollipop dangling in her mouth, wearing nothing but a pair of short sweatshorts and a cropped tank top. Remus was also on the bed which sat in the corner of the room, leaning against the wall with his head rested back.

"Padfoot they all look the same," Remus complained.

"Not true," Sirius jumped in, shacking his head. "This was is a milky white, and the last one was a buttery white. Buttery white looks much better on his complexion."

"So true milky tones wash him out," Aveline agreed. "Though you should wear the navy shirt from a few back, it brings out your eyes."

"He has lovely eyes doesn't he?" Sirius piped in nodding his head.

"Okay wait," James cut in, holding out his hands as if he was confused. "But if I wear the navy shirt does it give off Head Boy? Though it does look nice with complexion."

"Hm," Sirius pondered, tapping his finger on his chin. "It doesn't not give off head boy, though maybe we should consider a nice red. Do you have red? Red makes your complexion shine I think. Try on red, we'll see how it looks with your complexion."

"For the love of Merlin!" Remus snapped. "Your wearing the navy shirt and that's the end of it. If I have to hear the word complexion one more time I'm putting a bullet through my skull!"

They all fell silent, James picking up the navy shirt on the ground and sulking off to go change into it. Aveline was snickering under her breath, watching Remus shake his head as he looked up at the ceiling.

Moments later James popped out of the bathroom with a smile on his face wearing the navy shirt.

"What do you think? Do my eyes look lovely?" James asked with an adorable little smile

"Your eyes look darling," Sirius answered, nudging Remus in the ribs. "Don't they moony?"

The tall werewolf nodded, all of their eyes on James as he gave them an excited thumbs up.

After that James was soon off, apparating to a small muggle cafe Lily told him to meet at. Wearing his navy blue shirt with a notebook he had bought just for the occasion. He even had one of those muggle pens he borrowed from Remus, so he didn't look like a freak in the muggle cafe.

It was small and empty, one of those cafes were indie music played softly in the background and only one or two tables ever had people in it. He instantly spotted Lily sitting in a booth in the corner, a mug of steaming beverage already infront of her. Perched over a notebook of her own, no doubt going over the plans she already had.

She was brilliant, was all James could think. In spirit, and mind, the type of woman who would one day make an excellent mother. She was kind, she was thougtful, with a mind that could do anything.

It also helped that she was particularly beautiful. Sitting there with her red hair falling down around her and a pair of reading glasses perched on her nose. She was wearing a light green dress— his favourite color on her— the ruffles of it pooling around her thighs.

She looked up to see him waving him over, in a rather friendly manner

"Hello Lily," James greeted, sliding into the booth across from her with a grin. "Fancy seeing you here."

Lily rolled her eyes playfully, immediately looking down to her book. He could see it was absolutely full of her perfect hand writing, with bubbling letters with swooping tails.

She immediately jumped right into it, lecturing him about meetings, and prefect round schedules. A baffling whirlwind of plans she no doubt has already been stressing about. She rambled on and on, and all James could was watch the way her face lit up.

"So what do you think?" Lily asked, fumbling with her fingers in her lap. "Does that all sound good? Of course anything that you want to change just speak up."

James shook his head in amused way. "Whatever you say Lily Flower. I trust you."

She looked down to hide the blush on her face. Unable to explain why it no longer annoyed her when he called her Lily Flower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 85 24
in which Gemma Hilton finds out buried secrets from the past. or in which a girl discovers there's more to everyone than meets the eye. (Slowburn...
79.9K 2.4K 32
you drew stars around my scars. © fragilehaze
1.1M 46.3K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
27K 656 36
"𝐢'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬." oc x sirius black; maraude...