is it fate, or is it hormones

When you dedicate over half of your life to teaching a bunch of dumb and hormonal teenage witches and wizards, truthfully nothing much can surprise  you.

You almost start to see things happen before they actually do— predicting friendships and relationships eons before they actually start.

For Proffesor Minvera Mcgongall, one such of these moments was the first time she ever saw Remus Lupin and Aveline Rosier interact when they were two chubby cheeked 11 year olds just trying to get through first year.

She very much knew (or at least hoped) that the two friends would one day become a little more then friends. She could see it in their blushing red cheeks and fumbling eyes whenever the other was around. She watched secretly, pretending she didn't notice the way they would stare at eachother in class as if the other was some sort of museum art piece.

So, she really wasn't all that surprised when she was doing her nightly hallway check the evening of the first night back after break, and found the two prefects lips locked in a comprising position in the dark corner (can these two really not keep it in their pants?).

"Good Merlin!" Mcgonagall hissed, causing the two to jump apart as if they had been electrocuted.

Getting caught by peter was bad enough, but Mcgonagall?— Remus and Aveline were ready to jump in a hole and die.

The Proffesor sighed, turning around and pressing her fingers to her forehead in a very- what-am-i-supposed-to-do-with-you-two-fashion.

"Sorry Proffesor," Remus began, his voice oddly high pitched and rambly. He was a red blushing mess, awkwardly running his hands through his hair as he cleared his throat. "We were uh- just doing our prefect duties."

The woman let out a scoff, turning to face them with a raised eyebrow.

"Well if prefect duties include having your tongue down Miss Rosier's throat, it looks like your doing very well Mr Lupin," the woman snapped sarcastically, and instantly both teenagers felt intense embarrassment flush in their cheeks.

It was literally like your mother catching you hooking up with someone— not on anyone's bucket list.

"We uh—" Aveline tried to start, trying to think of something she could say to diffuse the tensions.

The woman sighed another exhausted sigh, rubbing a hand down her exhausted face.

"I'm going to walk away, and pretend I never saw you two," she exhaled, and without another word she turned around promptly and walked away as fast as her feet could manage.

This was seriously getting ridiculous. It had been twice in a matter of a day, that the duo had been caught in a comprising position, and it was more so building up the wall of awkward between them then anything.

Remus cleared his throat, massaging the back of his neck as he stared down at the ground, trying to think of something to say besides let the the awkward tension spill over till it burnt.

"Well uh," he began, daring to pick his eyes off the ground to look up at her, "that was uh...."

He wasn't sure exactly what to say.

"Merlin," Aveline scoffed, cutting him off, rubbing a hand down her face. "That's was horribly embarrassing!"

The boy shrugged, "It could've been worse. At least we were standing this time."

He said it with a slight chuckle, which pissed Aveline off as she sent him a scowl and wacked him on the arm.

"Stop," she warned, as he continued to laugh as if it was the funniest thing in the world. "It's really not funny!"