A Little Respect

It never did seem to stop. The killings, the murder sprees— the walking up to see the newest dead family plastered on the front pages of paper. It was a game of sorts at the Potter mansion— not a fun one— in which they'd all take turns picking up the paper to tell the rest of the new horrors.

The Potter parents would always get rather quiet, snatching them paper away from the children. Even with the fact they were almost adults, to them the three were still children. Children who they knew would become important soldiers in this upcoming war.

As much as they wanted to protect them, to keep them tucked away from the horrible world, they knew they couldn't. They couldn't let the war take away their youth.

Euphemia would always get rather spooked when she heard them talking about it at all. The way James spoke so heroically, and the way Sirius did with so much vengeance. She knew very well that it was an only a matter of mere months before her children became soldiers, and there was nothing she could do about it. They were strong, intelligent and capable.

Though on the battle field it only took one moment of hesitation for you to be dead.

The Potter parents were both involved as much as they possible could be. Providing funds and protection when they could, though with their aging age they weren't exactly ready to be front line fighters.

Occasionally people would stop by, sometimes bleeding and beaten up. Showing up without notice knocking on the Potters door. When this happened they'd send Sirius, Aveline and James upstairs, trying their best to shield them as much as they possibly could.

They were adults in the eyes of the law— sure— though they wouldn't top Euphemia and Fleamont from seeing them as their children.

It was on this particular nights, when someone fell out of there fire place. Causing a loud thump and the place to explode with dust. Except it wasn't just one person, it was another and then another. Till at least three people were stumbling into the Potter living room.

Aveline and James had been in the kitchen, washing up from dinner the muggle way, both of them pulling out their wands just in case. You never truly knew who it was. They watched as Fleamont and Euphemia drew theirs too, barking a series of questions to the people to confirm their identities.

Though as they dust cleared Aveline eyes widened. For she recognize the three people. Two heads of red hair, and a crooked looking ass hole with a wobbly leg— Alastor Moody.

"James, Aveline upstairs!" Fleamont barked, helping the bleeding Alastor onto his feet.

James tried to tug her along, but all she could see was the blood pouring from Gideon's chest as he clutched it, and the wound weeping from Fabian's forehead. He was trying to pull on her arm but she pushed him away, rushing to Gideon immediately and helping him to his feet.

Aveline always considered herself to be good at healing. It was the one thing her father pushed on her, and something she had gotten very well at considering all the wounds she had to heal of her own over the years

"Aveline upstairs!" Euphemia tried to scold, though Aveline wasn't listenting.

"He needs to get this closed up within 15 minutes or he's going to bleed out," she answered, and Euphemia's eyes widened. "He'll need 15 ounces of blood bonding potion, a cup of wiggeweld potion for the skin bond. It's from a cursed knife, will need to bandage it with the wiggleweld if we don't want it to spread. You have this all yes?"

For a moment the Potter parents were frozen. Though both of them were adequate and healing minor injuries neither of them knew that.

"I'll go get it," Fleamont muttered running off.