Potter the Halloween Fanatic

Halloween was practically a religion to James Potter. He always went all out— making sure they had the perfect costumes and the perfect halloween party to attend.

Which is why, as Aveline sat beside him in divination the day before halloween, listening to him chat about how awesome their costumes were gonna be, she felt seriously guilty. Somehow, amongst all her other worries she had managed to forget James Potter's favourite day of the year, besides his birthday of course.

"Oh merlin," she mumbled to Peter. "Tomorrows Halloween?"

Peter nodded, though he was half asleep listening to Proffesor Emerald speak.

The young divination teacher hadn't gotten any less weird with Aveline, in fact she seemed to be doing the opposite. She insisted that Aveline sit in the front to "soak in the good vibrations". Too scared to object, Aveline forced the boys to sit her with, so now the four of them had a front row to the freak show.

There had been multiple times during class where suddenly Emerald would shriek, nearly dropping something as she pointed at Aveline, mumbling something incoherent then turning away. It made her so uncomfortable she genuinely thought about talking to sprout about dropping the class, but the guys loved the entertainment and it was an easy mark, so ultimately she decided not too.

"You," Emerald hissed, and to no shocker she pointed at Aveline. "The guides are telling me to pick you for todays random volunteer."

Every single day Emerald picked a random volunteer and every single day without fail it was Aveline. The girl groaned, as the teacher practically floated over to her, grabbing her by the hand and pulling her to the center of the room.

Sixth year divination class had turned into watch Aveline nearly shit herself every class class. She was at least glad other people could be entertained by her horror.

Today she made Aveline lay on a table, the whole class surrounding her as Emerald strangly moved her hands over the girls head.

"Today class," she spoke slowly, as she usually did. "We will be practicing the common divinial art of possession, with our dear friend Aveline as the example."

"What?" Aveline exclaimed, trying to sit up only for Emerald to push her back down.

Even James and Sirius looked slighly disturbed, shifting on their feet uneasily.

"A bit of halloween fun. Possession is in the ninth realm of divination. An art form that kissed pluto toes for long life and fortune."

Aveline was going to sick, and she would've jumped off the table if it didn't feel like her whole body was glued to it.

"UMMMM MAAAAAAAAA GAAAAA BAAAAAAA," Emerald started chanting, swirling her hands over Aveline.

Aveline eyes were wide open, sending her friends intense help me eyes as she tried to squiggle her way of off the table.

"Umm Miss I don't know if Aveline is too thrilled," Sirius tried to interject, only for Emerald to send him an intense glare.

"Do not interrupt me when I'm summoning a spirit."

The chanting continued for another uncomfortable thirty minutes. Luckily for Aveline though, nothing happened. She didn't even feel the slightest breeze or change of anything. That was usually how these examples went, for Emerald was never able to do anything that shock people with the occasional crystal.

Much to Aveline's relief, class ended with her not possessed, and she practically flung herself into James's arms trying to get away from Emerald.

"Miss Rosier, I'd love to have a chat," the woman said sweetly, as Aveline was hurriedly trying to stuff her stuff on her bag.